Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you want from the chat thread in the new year?
This poll is closed.
Video games 100 14.08%
Not Video Games 46 6.48%
poo poo Posting 56 7.89%
Bowsette 128 18.03%
Polls 58 8.17%
No poll, How many times do I have to pick this? 53 7.46%
More General Horniness 103 14.51%
Less General Horniness 72 10.14%
Serious discussion of current issues 46 6.48%
Nothing. The thread is perfect the way it is :) 48 6.76%
Total: 294 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Do we know much of what's new in RF4S? I still have my 3ds version so I'm probably not going to get the switch version unless it has some out of nowhere cool poo poo.

(Like being able to marry illuminata, yes)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Ometeotl posted:

It's really cool that stux gets to come and make these threads complete garbage every other week with his bad faith shitposts that look like they were typed up by a second grader. Really fun.

yo

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I aim for fourth grade level bad faith shitposts, personally

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Speaking of Sonic going fast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCuCpVPkWDY

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
We were talking about Doom2016 a while ago and it's $6 for Lunar Sale. :homebrew:

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

the whole sonic movie ost should’ve been just a new Freddie Gibbs and madlib album. No real reason. just would’ve been sick

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

using metropolis zone drums out of nowhere this slaps

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

"Rings on me like LeBron, rings on me like 23"

Space Jam / Sonic crossover confirmed

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

cant believe the sonic movie is going to be good

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Op needs to be updated, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Remastered Edition is delayed until summer 2020 with no exact release date now.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Honestly this is way, way better than I was expecting.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Op needs to be updated, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Remastered Edition is delayed until summer 2020 with no exact release date now.

If only somebody could have pointed this out on page one of the thread...

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

professor metis posted:

Do we know much of what's new in RF4S? I still have my 3ds version so I'm probably not going to get the switch version unless it has some out of nowhere cool poo poo.

(Like being able to marry illuminata, yes)

If you preorder you get swimsuit dlc.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Ometeotl posted:

It's really cool that stux gets to come and make these threads complete garbage every other week with his bad faith shitposts that look like they were typed up by a second grader. Really fun.

Please do not do this. Stux is entitled to post an opinion with all of us, no matter how much it does not align with your own, as long as they are properly engaging. Sure sometimes there are barbed posts back and forth and it gets a little heated, but until it because full on war or worse then I have no problem with all opinions engaging with each other. This is a discussion board, not a complete agreement board. Stux did make several long posts with reasons as to why they do not like number scores. That is not bad faith, that is the opinion.

I, like Andrast, like review numbers. I do not do them for my own reviews (I use one of 4 words) but numbers still work for me as a quick gauge if I am glancing at a review and do not have the full time to read it. The number also helps me assign a tone to the words sometimes. I know they are not helpful in an aggregate setting because people can be bought and those bought reviews will dilute the more 'truthful' number. However, a reviewer I like reading who I trust, their numbers for me work well because I can see where they are coming from.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Edit: they gave Mario a gun

Mario in the trap

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
The 4 star system as used by Roger Ebert is the superior review system, it uses a full range of ratings without being hyperbolic

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Stux posted:

cant believe the sonic movie is going to be good

Propaganda Hour posted:

Honestly this is way, way better than I was expecting.

Not the first time Whiz has done cool stuff with game samples. See also Never Been.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Stux posted:

what was bad faith

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-EdCNjumvI

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
my prediction re:ffcc:rm:

they only recently started actually trying to test magic fusion with realistic latencies, and are only now just realizing that the original/stock system in place is utterly incompatible with anything greater than the ~5ms delay you got on a game boy advance-as-a-gamepad. it's been utterly clear from day one that the remaster basically hasn't retouched CC's existing systems whatsoever, and that's a massive problem considering that they're not, and were never, designed for netplay.

so they're gonna spend six months thinking about (or attempting to and failing at) overhauling it and then say gently caress it and ship it as is anyway

but thank you anyway for phoning it in as usual SE, you are gonna make me look so good by comparison

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

The 4 star system as used by Roger Ebert is the superior review system, it uses a full range of ratings without being hyperbolic

IIRC this was because his rating system was one/two thumbs up/down from the TV show which didn't easily translate to print, so four stars was a simple adaptation.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I hope rune factory 4 special makes the 3rd arc easier to activate and not entirely reliant on RNG for the plot to continue.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ok, the Sonic song is apparently Wiz Khalifa is just really good at making tie into movie music

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
how do I get to the complete agreement board

Old Woman Island
Feb 21, 2011

Games are rated from one crab to crab pile :crab:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Relax Or DIE posted:

I will pm you the deets! ;)

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Relax Or DIE posted:

Reddit.com/r/games

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

repeat after me: video games are good

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Looper posted:

video games are good

Whoa hold on just a second there

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
People always talking about video games but where's the love for audio games?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Duck Duck Goose is a favourite.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

Duck Duck Goose is a favourite.

The sequel was better

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

FirstAidKite posted:

People always talking about video games but where's the love for audio games?

I remember having some sort of spy role playing/CYOA game as a kid that you played through a cassette. Good times. 10/10

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Rarity posted:

The sequel was better

The remaster is looking pretty weird though, looks like ea grabbed the rights

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1212544413467058176?s=20

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

The sequel was better

Ducks Ducks Geese? :haw:

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Duck duck swan

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Duck duck swan

Old Woman Island
Feb 21, 2011

Doing laundry with the Final Fantasy 8 soundtrack on, the superior FF soundtrack and game :hai:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Womp posted:

Doing laundry with the Final Fantasy 8 soundtrack on, the superior FF soundtrack and game :hai:

That's not you spell Final Fantasy 9 :thunkher:

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Rarity posted:

That's not you spell Final Fantasy 9 :thunkher:

9's soundtrack is pretty boring by FF standards honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

A Sometimes Food posted:

9's soundtrack is pretty boring by FF standards honestly.

VideoGames plz