Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
His last post altogether was on September 6, so he either has an alt or can't post as KnyteGuy for some other reason. :ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Dropped off the forums for two months or so and it seems like I missed nothing itt.

Fuckup, if such exists and nothing genuinely bad and unexpected happened, must have been turbo sized for this kind of silence.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Sincerely hope he's doing ok. :ohdear:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I think the worst part is that we have no way to find out what the deal is. I really can't imagine that shame of not meeting a monthly goal would have caused him to leave the forum forever, mostly because it never had before.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
It’s definitely another road trip

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
He's on reddit so he's alive. He just quit.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

zaurg posted:

weren't you permabanned?

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
A Christmas miracle. Zaurg posting through the probation.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

How in the purple gently caress did that happen? His username is knyteguy, and he posts like a loving NPC. Nothing but sportsball posts about the detroit lions. What a fuckin normie.

BloodBag fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Dec 26, 2019

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

zaurg posted:

Get out. You have your thread

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I miss KG more than I will ever miss Zaurg.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
I guess he went to the corner store for some cigarettes (that he didn't budget for, natch).

April
Jul 3, 2006

Breetai posted:

I guess he went to the corner store for some cigarettes (that he didn't budget for, natch).

Should we start a list of possible reasons KG fell off the map?

1) He had a fight with his mom, said "gently caress the budget" and headed out on another cross-country trip.
2) JO finally got fed up with his childish impulsive decision-making & took off, and he's been drowning his sorrows in new trucks & blow.
3) He sold the camper for magic beans and is busily tending his golden beanstalk.
4) Bitcoin (basically the same thing as 3, I guess.)

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

n8r posted:

Only because he didn't have time to wear out his welcome

Dwight Eisenhower
Jan 24, 2006

Indeed, I think that people want peace so much that one of these days governments had better get out of the way and let them have it.

YeahTubaMike posted:

KG has been failing for multiple years, just like zaurg. They've both exhausted sympathetic energy from many, maybe most BFC posters

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

YeahTubaMike posted:

he definitely wore out his welcome

i'm also suspicious that when i toxxed the drumset sale that he didn't actually sell that poo poo

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

I choose to believe he turned his life around and doesn’t need us anymore :colbert:

howdoesishotweb
Nov 21, 2002

Hawkperson posted:

I choose to believe he turned his life around and doesn’t need us anymore :colbert:

Surely this time would be different

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Dwight Eisenhower posted:

KG has been failing for multiple years, just like zaurg. They've both exhausted sympathetic energy from many, maybe most BFC posters

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

he definitely wore out his welcome

i'm also suspicious that when i toxxed the drumset sale that he didn't actually sell that poo poo

I read all the KnyteGuy threads and I was riveted for the whole time, possibly because I never tried to help him.

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

n8r posted:

Agreed. How can that gently caress just abandon us? Nearing 5 months with no posts? I hope for our sake he is dead.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
gently caress you

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

zaurg posted:

Agreed. How can that gently caress just abandon us? Nearing 5 months with no posts? I hope for our sake he is dead.

gently caress off, cockholster. You’re banned from all other threads. They’re for people who aren’t irredeemably poo poo.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
The pissbabby only drank a sixer for wishing death on other posters? Moneyball are you on top of this poo poo or what?

e: To be fair, that's the newest probation in the Leper's Colon so any further punishment may be queued

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Dude has autobanned himself 3 times in the past year, twice since December, the re-regs usually less than a month later. Not normal.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Weatherman posted:

The pissbabby only drank a sixer for wishing death on other posters? Moneyball are you on top of this poo poo or what?

e: To be fair, that's the newest probation in the Leper's Colon so any further punishment may be queued

Pretty sure MB and :zaurg: are buddies at this point with how poo poo has been going down.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

April posted:

Should we start a list of possible reasons KG fell off the map?

1) He had a fight with his mom, said "gently caress the budget" and headed out on another cross-country trip.
2) JO finally got fed up with his childish impulsive decision-making & took off, and he's been drowning his sorrows in new trucks & blow.
3) He sold the camper for magic beans and is busily tending his golden beanstalk.
4) Bitcoin (basically the same thing as 3, I guess.)

1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0DGjXE_BQQ

2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0DGjXE_BQQ

3) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0DGjXE_BQQ

4) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0DGjXE_BQQ

Actually been for some personal and medical reasons. Why are you guys looking at my reddit that's kind of strange no joke.

Threw another $2,500 @ the RV.

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

zaurg posted:

Holy crap I don't remember posting this. What is wrong with me.

Anyway I'm glad you're not dead, KG.

Do you have the coronavirus?

When you say, "personal reasons", you mean you were ashamed at losing to me in the budget battle?

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

How's that shiny truck you haven't even tried to sell?

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

n8r posted:

How's that shiny truck you haven't even tried to sell?

Good, and we did try to sell in Octoberish or so. We're going to be too far underwater for awhile so the focus is the RV. Gonna look into the process of selling that on Saturday since it's about the timeframe originally planned.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

What has actually changed since you last posted? Not general hand-wavey stuff, specifics please.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
you obviously don't need to reveal specific medical conditions or stuff but yeah it helps people get an idea

also what's your current financial picture?

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

you obviously don't need to reveal specific medical conditions or stuff but yeah it helps people get an idea

also what's your current financial picture?

I don't mind sharing somewhat.

Really we've just been focused on getting our mental and physical health in a good place. I have, for most of life at this point, had pretty bad anxiety, and I was getting to the point of agoraphobia. I finally talked to a doctor about this and have started to get better (though daylight savings is loving stuff up). I've been sober for 3 months now for example since I have something that isn't self-destructive to help me. My wife also started going to therapy, and we put my son in speech therapy. I don't remember the details of what I shared but we also got my son's tongue tie cut at the dentist, had to fix up a cavity he had, etc.

We've also started focusing on eating at home more and eating healthier, and I think I'm down 40 lbs or something.

Just stuff like that. This thread wasn't helping my anxiety at all (a me problem), so I took a break and I'm cautiously looking at into getting back into it.

Financially I'd say we're in a place roughly the same as when I stopped posting, minus whatever the minimum payments have done to the debt, and then I put that $2,500 towards the RV yesterday. We're expecting ~$1,000-$1,500 from taxes which we need to get done actually, so we'll be throwing that at the RV as well. We haven't gotten any new loans or anything.

Like I said daylight savings is loving me up, so I'll go into it more and post specifics later.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

zaurg posted:

Knyteguy posted:

Why are you guys looking at my reddit that's kind of strange no joke.

One guy. One very stupid and pathetic guy. He's courting you, in case you didn't realize it.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
Put an additional $4,500 towards the RV loan this month. Down to $9,893.55

Stay safe goons and goonettes.

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Looking forward to that December January February March April recap KG

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
We're possibly selling the RV this weekend for $10k-$12k. We're waiting on the dealer to get back to us with a hard number. Then we get to move to the truck which is about $10k underwater, and we have whatever we get back for the RV (if anything) and plus taxes which we haven't filed yet that gets to go towards that.

As soon as we have enough to we're going to go with a $5k-$10k car paid in cash / sell the truck. After that we're basically out of debt besides a couple thousand in student loans, at which point we'll move on to saving that $20k for a house down payment, which at our current levels of 'extra money towards debt' + minimum payments should take about 6 months.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
So the RV should be sold by the end of the month. $10k is their offer sight unseen based on the information we gave them, assuming they don't find damages beyond what we've told them.

The only question is whether they'll buy it outright (the dealer) or consign it. If outright the loan gets paid off immediately obviously, if not they expect it will sell within a few weeks since apparently the market is still hot.

That's obviously a monkey off our backs - the truck will be the focus next as mentioned previously. Assuming things stay the same job-wise and this COVID thing has stabilized, we're looking at around October to get that sold/grab a budget economy car.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Knyteguy posted:

The only question is whether they'll buy it outright (the dealer) or consign it. If outright the loan gets paid off immediately obviously, if not they expect it will sell within a few weeks since apparently the market is still hot.

You know hows sales work right?

There's 0% chance they'll buy it outright because then it's a liability to them, if they do it on cosignment it's not. If they have a choice between buying it or selling on consignment, why would they ever buy it outright? It's a little bit more profit for significantly more risk.

Also ask yourself why the market would be hot right now? People are being told to stay at home and not go anywhere, peoples are losing jobs or losing significant chunks of income, who's got the discretionary $10-$12k to blow?

The salesman is telling you what you want to hear because he wants a commission cheque and it's no skin of his back if he doesn't sell it on consignment.

I mean it's probably worth following up, but I wouldn't be counting the money yet.

EDIT: Also don't kid yourself, they're saying they'll buy it for $10k sight unseen so they can get you in the door and then all of a sudden "well we could do $10k, if this scratch wasn't here, and if the tires had brand new rubber, but we'll have to fix those things up so hows $5k sound?"

Rudager fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Apr 20, 2020

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Knyteguy posted:

So the RV should be sold by the end of the month.

So you still have the rv right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

My Rhythmic Crotch posted:

So you still have the rv right?

Yeah. Rudager called it, they want to consign it, so we're reviewing our options. Planning on getting it all cleaned this weekend though.

We're not in a godawful hurry right now since we're planning on signing another lease to stay at this apartment another year.