Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Jay_Zombie posted:

Ok, so maybe the babby Alien does burst out, but it does so really, really slowly. Like instead of popping out like a nightmare jack-in-the-box, it has to slowly chew it's way out over a long period of time, because it's still in cryo and it's way, way slow because of that.

This is a wonderfully horrifying mental image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Mushika posted:

This is a wonderfully horrifying mental image.

In cryo you can still dream, and you ever notice how you often incorporate a physical sensation like the need to piss into your dreams?
:evilbuddy:

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Owlbear Camus posted:

Re watching a well crafted movie is a treasure because you notice so many things. This time I realized Dyson was using a hunk of the busted up processor model as a dead man switch to blow up his dream come nightmare. Watching it years ago at 480i it just read as a random piece of debris.

And that as a sidearm when she goes to kill Dyson, Sarah uses a chromed out .45 longslide very similar to the one used to kill her namesakes in the first one. Literally trying to make herself a Terminator to do the needful.

It goes even deeper than that. Right before the first Sarah gets killed in the original, the Terminator runs over a toy semi truck in the street as a nod to the final chase. When Sarah becomes a figurative Terminator to kill Dyson because his life's work causes everything, the only thing that saves him is a toy truck driven into him by his son that interrupts his work.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

James Cameron should really be the only person allowed to make sequels to movies, honestly

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

It goes deeper than THAT, the T-1000’s cop car crushes a toy truck when he stops at John Connor’s foster parents’ house.

T1 and T2 are chock-full of cyclical elements between the two movies.

Fun fact about the first movie: as originally scripted, one of the few details Skynet had about Sarah Connor was a medical file from a hospital saying she had a metal pin in her leg, so as the Terminator is going through the phone book killing all the Sarah Connors, it was going to cut open each victim’s leg and look for the pin and that’s how it would know it killed the correct Sarah Connor.

What Skynet didn’t know was that Sarah got the pin in her leg because of the shrapnel when Kyle Reese blew the Terminator in half with the pipe bomb. :v:

I’m a pretty huge Terminator nerd, I’d say my knowledge of that series is close to my knowledge of Aliens/Predator.

On that topic, the recent Terminator: Resistance videogame is fun. It’s a little half-baked at times and rough around the edges, but it’s got a surprising amount of depth and you can tell the developers really gave a poo poo and the game’s shortcomings are more from the developers’ limited skills, not laziness or whatever. It 100% nails the “future war” from the first two movies, and it feels like a spiritual successor to the old “Terminator: Future Shock” from Bethesda.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Owlbear Camus posted:

In cryo you can still dream, and you ever notice how you often incorporate a physical sensation like the need to piss into your dreams?
:evilbuddy:

At least if your brain is slowed down as much as your body it will seem to you as if you're getting chestbursted at the normal rate!

Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty
Imagine being stuck in cryo and having a 6 month long dream about needing to piss.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
It's probably a standard prank to convince the newbie that they need to drink a lot before their first cryo sleep.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Devol_Tettran posted:

Imagine being stuck in cryo and having a 6 month long dream about needing to piss.

Omg I'd pray for death. That happens to me all the time.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Tasty!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That is easily the coolest pez dispenser.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

SilvergunSuperman posted:

That is easily the coolest pez dispenser.

It is cool.
Equal or second would be one of John Hurt, where you bend his head back and a little chest burster holding a pez pops out of his chest.

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Xenomrph posted:

The CPU chip scene in T2 is even more impressive once you learn they did it without mirrors.
Linda Hamilton has a twin sister.

I was convinced they had some weird prostheses on Arnie's head. That's loving amazing

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lil Peeler posted:

I was convinced they had some weird prostheses on Arnie's head. That's loving amazing

The security guard that gets his eye stabbed out by the T1000? His twin brother is playing the T1000 in that scene

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

purple death ray posted:

The security guard that gets his eye stabbed out by the T1000? His twin brother is playing the T1000 in that scene

I was going to mention that. Such a cool way to do those scenes. "Let's find an exact copy of a human to do these scenes instead of split screens."

I'm not sure when the other two movies are but I know I've seen the bottom one before.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

T2
Good Morning Vietnam
Gremlins 2, I think.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jan 22, 2020

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Bottom one is absolutely Gremlins 2, don't know about the middle.

Gremlins 2 loving owns, incidentally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIwrP1Od0Qw

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Holy poo poo somehow I never put it together that same pair of twins were in Gremlins 2

Gremlins 2 is loving amazing, yes

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

mind the walrus posted:

I haven't seen Gremlins 2 in a very long time, the UHD of Gremlins looks amazing, so hopefully there'll be one for Gremlins 2 some day

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

The second one is most definitely Good Morning Vietnam.

It is an excellent movie and Robin Williams is fantastic. If you haven't seen it, I highly suggest you do.

The two actors in question play US Army Censors, and Williams refers to them as Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.

Jay_Zombie fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jan 22, 2020

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

mind the walrus posted:

How can anyone talk about Gremlins 2 and not link the Key & Peele sketch about it

https://youtu.be/x01l_jMhjVM

smdh

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Xenomrph posted:

How can anyone talk about Gremlins 2 and not link the Key & Peele sketch about it

smdh

That's a great sketch.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
Hey Gwen you want some coffee?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Xenomrph posted:

smdh

Cause it's already a little overdone

Pennywise the Frown posted:

That's a great sketch.

:agreed:

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Jay_Zombie posted:

The second one is most definitely Good Morning Vietnam.

It is an excellent movie and Robin Williams is fantastic. If you haven't seen it, I highly suggest you do.

The two actors in question play US Army Censors, and Williams refers to them as Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.

:hai:

Too bad they didn't make a Memoirs of a Bangkok Warrior movie, with those guys playing every role. Everyone's gone all Lt. Pearshape.

"Everyday in every way, this war is getting better and better."

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Was thinking about adding Replicants as a good plot hook to an Alien Colonial Marines game.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

I haven't seen Gremlins 2 in a very long time, the UHD of Gremlins looks amazing, so hopefully there'll be one for Gremlins 2 some day

It's a great example of how to do a sequel right, much like ALIENS!

SilvergunSuperman fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jan 24, 2020

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Phi230 posted:

Was thinking about adding Replicants as a good plot hook to an Alien Colonial Marines game.

I'm developing a scenario with only synthetics, go for it !

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
They prefer the term "Artificial Human". Don't be bigoted.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mllaneza posted:

I'm developing a scenario with only synthetics, go for it !

Well it's one way to cock block the alien species

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:aaaaa: Holy poo poo you're right!

Wild T posted:

Just stay away from me Wild T.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

:aaaaa: Holy poo poo you're right!

Just stay away from me Wild T.

Guess he doesn't like the cornbread either.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Wild T posted:

Do the thing with the knife!!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Hey man! Quit screwin' around!

AaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

( I never noticed the dude pelvic thrusting into Hudson's back. He must really like the thing with the knife....)

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

GREMLIN$

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I was going to mention that. Such a cool way to do those scenes. "Let's find an exact copy of a human to do these scenes instead of split screens."

I'm not sure when the other two movies are but I know I've seen the bottom one before.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Jay_Zombie posted:

Hey man! Quit screwin' around!

AaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

( I never noticed the dude pelvic thrusting into Hudson's back. He must really like the thing with the knife....)

He ain't the only one.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
And yes, Gremlins 2 loving rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I just watched the first terminator a week ago, it still holds up. Then I watched Dark Fate...i though it started out good, but man it really went downhill hard.

What's the deal with time traveling while naked, Kyle reese said only living things could travel through time but the t1000 didnt have any living tissue right?