Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

pacerhimself posted:

At some point there was a thing that brought her joy and it might be New Order. Now she is a joyless husk

Her life depends on the morning sun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Tag yourself I’m the sponge painted living room walls in the year 2020

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

bird with big dick posted:

You’d think the bacon would be the part made out of child flesh but it’s actually the cheese.

Ah, child-rennet.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Blue Moonlight posted:

I had no idea they had savory toaster strudel. Who would have thought I’d learn something thanks to QAnon.

I've learned a great deal about the people in this country.

It's absolutely horrifying.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

Why does she have a New Order album cover on the mantle?

Also lol she votes.

favorite song? ironically - Age of Consent

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Dr Christmas posted:

So do they have an explanation for Trump’s famous love of McDonalds and stuff like this:

This is the picture of the last decade.

It's the perfect representation of our times, and if anything, it proves that we deserve the Q movement.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

BigglesSWE posted:

This is the picture of the last decade.

It's the perfect representation of our times, and if anything, it proves that we deserve the Q movement.

It is a moment. One of those moments that happens and you're almost too caught up in what's going on to realize how important it was, but one that will later be used to talk about the zeitgeist and weltanschauung.

I don't know if it's his face, the contrast with the Lincoln portrait in the background, the gaudy candlesticks, uneven, unlit, unnecessary (especially with candelabra style lights on behind them) ...

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dr Christmas posted:

So do they have an explanation for Trump’s famous love of McDonalds and stuff like this:

Probably just yelling about it being lies since they think he's a philosopher king warrior or whatever.

Local Weather
Feb 12, 2005

Don't worry, I'll give you a sign. The sign will be that life is awesome

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Well, technically all of Manhattan is in one single private domain...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eruv

I just read that linked article and I don't know why I should be shocked but I am shocked at the extent that people let stupid arbitrary rules control their whole way of life and better yet how they'll jump through hoops to not have to follow their own rules.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Local Weather posted:

I just read that linked article and I don't know why I should be shocked but I am shocked at the extent that people let stupid arbitrary rules control their whole way of life and better yet how they'll jump through hoops to not have to follow their own rules.

IIRC, "because G-D said so", and "trying to lawyer your way out of the rules instead of just ignoring them proves you still give enough of a drat about them, so it's cool"

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Local Weather posted:

From an individual perspective it's absurd (which is exactly why all these little loopholes exist to allow individuals to live their lives without major inconvenience while still nominally following the rules), but from a social perspective the function of these rules and rituals is for the Jewish diaspora to keep their identity and cohesion rather than assimilating into the majority culture around them.

If you need to live in a majority Jewish neighborhood to be able to carry poo poo around on a Saturday, for the individual that might seem really silly, but the effect is to keep the community together.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I'm extremely fascinated by how different Trump is perceived by different subcultures. Most people who have been to university look at the guy and see a sketchy bumbling dimwit who couldn't run a hot dog stand. Most uneducated people look at the same person and see a competent business man. Really makes you think about how subjective our perception of society and reality in general is.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Local Weather posted:

I'm not a member of that community, but I assume that it doesn't seem as absurd from the inside.

It makes me think about what kinds of stupid arbitrary rules control my own life, and what hoops I jump through to navigate them.

And as other people have pointed out, there may be a hidden utility to the ritual.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Local Weather posted:

a God that can be owned by His own logic is extremely cool and good

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Relevant Tangent posted:

a God that can be owned by His own logic is extremely cool and good

Also incredibly important: remember Moses had to talk God down from killing all the Israelites at least twice.

An all-powerful God with emotions who can't be reasoned with is an eldritch horror

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

VitalSigns posted:

Also incredibly important: remember Moses had to talk God down from killing all the Israelites at least twice.

An all-powerful God with emotions who can't be reasoned with is an eldritch horror

Unacceptable antisemitism of the left.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

favorite song? ironically - Age of Consent

I'd think it would be everything's gone green.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
People should refer to “God” by name (Jehovah) so we understand it’s really just one of many malevolent entities in the universes, like Nyarlathotep, Shub Niggurath, or Hillary Clinton

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I think Vital was saying God wasn't an eldritch horror, unless they were contradicting themselves.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I think Vital was saying God wasn't an eldritch horror, unless they were contradicting themselves.

That's how I read it.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I think Vital was saying God wasn't an eldritch horror

Yeah that's what I meant, that the God of the bible clearly has emotions, so it would be the most horrifying thing ever if you couldn't reason with it or argue around interpretations of its rules.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Yeah I just think we should stop the capital G god stuff because it perpetuates the myth of monotheism. YHWH is as emotional and unfathomable as the other gods and probably hates us just as much too. At a minimum it’s a bipolar egomaniac that swings like a pendulum from malicious sadism to dismissive contempt. Or it doesn’t exist but that’s a different discussion.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Wow, welcome to Something Awful, Mr. Dorkins.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Nyarlathotep is my favorite hotep. I always tell my neighbor that I bid him dark greetings from Nyarlathotep. He responds with "all hotep greetings are dark." He's a good poo poo.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

lol

https://twitter.com/justcur00670812/status/1221039958431031297?s=21

https://twitter.com/justcur00670812/status/1221141454694776832?s=21

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

lol that's not a hyphen

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Phil Moscowitz posted:

YHWH is as emotional and unfathomable as the other gods and probably hates us just as much too.

That's Sithrak, the Blind Gibberer

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/arictoler/status/1221557212918751233?s=21

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

I was actually going to ask in this thread when that would happen but then thought "nahhh...."

I guess I had too much faith in humanity.

Celebrities can't actually die, it must be a conspiracy!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

ashpanash posted:

Celebrities can't actually die, it must be a conspiracy!

Literally no one dies naturally, everyone in history that has died at Hillary's order.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Sorry how does Black Mamba connect to Satan?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Literally no one dies naturally, everyone in history that has died at Hillary's order.

The time machine has already been invented so Hillary can go back in time to kill everything that has ever lived and eat their brains

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

I'll never forgive Hillary for ordering Julius Ceasar's assassination and then pinning it on random senators.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

RatHat posted:

Sorry how does Black Mamba connect to Satan?

It's a snake, what else do you need?

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

What is the significance of 32 in the second pic? I could kinda understand 34 as being 17x2, but aside from adhering to the rule of 5's it seems wholly unremarkable.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Well,
666 - 32 = 634
Then,
32 + 634 = 666
!!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Sorry but I'm loving dying at Mr Peanut being dragged into this conspiracy theory. Was he too close to the truth?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Tesseraction posted:

Sorry but I'm loving dying at Mr Peanut being dragged into this conspiracy theory. Was he too close to the truth?

You think all those kids are dying of "peanut allergy"?

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

It’s proof Jimmy Carter is going to die soon, it’s right in front of your face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Phil Moscowitz posted:

It’s proof Jimmy Carter is going to die soon, it’s right in front of your face

I guarantee you that if we do lose Carter at some point this year that's going to be the take, because no way does a 95 year old just die of their own accord it has to be the secret deep state cannibal conspiracy.