Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Drew McIntyre posted:

i don't know. my pet theory is that they were trying some sort of forums-wide cultural injection operation during the whole fyad situation, but i have nothing to base this on but gut instinct.

i wi;ll defend our forum and its people from invaders. i will gently caress them up. our pagoda will never see invaders step through withou t a solid rear end whuping. i am here for everoyne. even eat my fuc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cuz Orville recognized Trek isnt "pew pew yelling and shouting" that JJ Abrams interpreted it as. As dumb as he can be, MacFarlane really did a great job of portraying humanity in space and holding a mirror up to humanity's flaws and how we can be better (or in some cases react to the revelation of those flaws) which is what Roddenberry did.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

in middle school i said Oh Peeetah to my friend in Lois voice and then he said Lois! in peter voice and i spit out Blue Powerade on some girls fancy feathery jacket lmao. thank you seth

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mekchu posted:

Cuz Orville recognized Trek isnt "pew pew yelling and shouting" that JJ Abrams interpreted it as. As dumb as he can be, MacFarlane really did a great job of portraying humanity in space and holding a mirror up to humanity's flaws and how we can be better (or in some cases react to the revelation of those flaws) which is what Roddenberry did.

Exactly. Messy people in space, this is what people love.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

yea ok posted:

in middle school i said Oh Peeetah to my friend in Lois voice and then he said Lois! in peter voice and i spit out Blue Powerade on some girls fancy feathery jacket lmao. thank you seth

Lol

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

My partner cannot loving handle it when I say Holy Crap Lois in Peter voice. I never see her angrier. I don't blame her. I'm gonna do it rn

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

OFFICER LIGER posted:

i wi;ll defend our forum and its people from invaders. i will gently caress them up. our pagoda will never see invaders step through withou t a solid rear end whuping. i am here for everoyne. even eat my fuc.

I appreciate that. Punchsport Pagoda 4 life

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

NienNunb posted:

My partner cannot loving handle it when I say Holy Crap Lois in Peter voice. I never see her angrier. I don't blame her. I'm gonna do it rn

you're responsible for your own actions.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

NienNunb posted:

https://clips.twitch.tv/VenomousPolishedCurryRuleFive

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

peetah

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Next level Brian impression

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I watched this movie called "Kid Galahad" you'd think it'd be good, directed by michael curtiz, starring eddie g robinson, bette sucker, and sucky bogart. It was pretty boring crap and poo poo though.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

NienNunb posted:

Yojimbo is fun I like it a lot. My ride or die favorite Kurosawa is Ikiru. Perfect movie.

Ikiru is probably his best movie which automatically makes it one of the best of all time

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Reinstalled XCOM 2 WOTC, booted up my half complete game and as I was scrolling through my soldiers I found this guy

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

change his bio you motha

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Artelier posted:

Reinstalled XCOM 2 WOTC, booted up my half complete game and as I was scrolling through my soldiers I found this guy

I really need to go back and finish this game.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Seth MacFarlane is good when he's not trying to force edgy political commentary into his comedy. Which is basically never. Old Family Guy is pretty good.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I don't like fish. Something about the taste of it, and it's a taste that's there in all types of fish I've tried, really doesn't appeal to me. Salmon, cod, tuna, trout, even shellfish, there's something to the taste and smell that I really react to poorly. I have no problem with other people eating it, and I'll even cook it for other people, but it continues to be not for me.

And every now and then someone will suggest a type of fish I haven't tried and say something like "Mahi mahi doesn't taste like fish at all, you should try it", or "honestly this type of shrimp just tastes like chicken". So I'll try it. And it will taste like fish. Fine for other people but I would rather not have any.

Anyway, I don't like Seth McFarlane.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I'm sorry for your loss, friend. Wrt the fish, I mean

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the western movie of seth mcfarlane is the worst and least enjoyable comedy film i've seen. Check it out

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

fish is amazing and if i go full veggie it’s what i’ll miss most by far

family guy was always bad and not in the wrestling way, it was never good

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i like fish a lot. maybe my favorite fish to eat, is the catfish. this is the fish i'm suggesting to Lamuella to eat.

noodling for catfish is a great way to make new friends, and is a novel way of team-building in the corporate sphere. take your work team out to noodle some catfish, shove your arm deep down into the mouth of the catfish, lift them up out of the water, and then fry them up right there on the riverside. who knows, maybe you'll even fall in love.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i only like catfish and filet o fish and gators. i know gators isn't fish but you don't know that. You're too naive

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Cavauro posted:

i only like catfish and filet o fish and gators. i know gators isn't fish but you don't know that. You're too naive

The Chinese word for alligator is 鱷魚 which literally translates as alligator fish and the Chinese word for avocado is 鱷梨 which translates as alligator pear so maybe alligators and avocados are fish.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The chinese word for short is ムdムᄊ coレ乇

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

bradzilla posted:

Seth MacFarlane is good when he's not trying to force edgy political commentary into his comedy. Which is basically never. Old Family Guy is pretty good.

This is why I prefer American Dad! over Family Guy. It just keeps getting weirder and weirder as the seasons go on, and their Christmas specials are top notch. Doing an entire episode hosted by Sir Patrick Stewart introducing a stage play is so so good. Plus the Avery Bullock character is insanely delightful.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Jiro posted:

This is why I prefer American Dad! over Family Guy. It just keeps getting weirder and weirder as the seasons go on, and their Christmas specials are top notch. Doing an entire episode hosted by Sir Patrick Stewart introducing a stage play is so so good. Plus the Avery Bullock character is insanely delightful.

Yeah American Dad has been quite good since season 2. Season 1 is loving awful.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Ha! You thought I was sleeping....

Acting!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I liked Ted when I saw it

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

yea ok posted:

You want to kiss and marry Seth MacFarlane lol

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

bradzilla posted:

Yeah American Dad has been quite good since season 2. Season 1 is loving awful.

Whichever season that had Rapture's Delight, is when the show went truly weird and never looked back. I love how it goes completely synth 80s post apocalypse.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Patrick Stewart hanging out with his wife giving a class on how to do the take, the double take, the triple take and the rarely seen quadruple take.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFMrBldVk0s

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Spikegal posted:

Patrick Stewart hanging out with his wife giving a class on how to do the take, the double take, the triple take and the rarely seen quadruple take.

That last one seemed like kind of a quintuple take?? 🤔

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

He lost count

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
imagine catching a fish, but then it begins talking to you in the voice of Patrick Stewart. would you eat it? the things it's saying are really racist.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I can't stop watching the new David Lynch short film on Netflix. It's so goddamn great.

E: this also RIPS

Chris James 2 posted:

I watched Color Out Of Space yesterday, that was loving great and idc what others think

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Rapture's Delight and Tearjerker are the absolute high points of American Dad.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Spikegal posted:

Why isn't this dude in all the movies?

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
he’s old, coco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WatermelonGun posted:

he’s old, coco.

but he's so pleasant. and clearly an rear end man.