Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

eonwe posted:

baba makes me feel simultaneously like the smartest and dumbest person to ever live

its one of the best puzzle games ever release and potentially the most innovative/unique game of last year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
https://www.twitch.tv/zfg1/ he loaded arwings in with ACE.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgKEojGWK3A

You may now feel even dumber!! As I go fast!!

(it's a video of me doing the baba run ye ye)

edit: lol I think I accidentally uploaded the clean audio version of this so you can't actually hear anything I'm saying nice

SuccinctAndPunchy fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jan 24, 2020

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

you can't actually hear anything I'm saying

finally, a succinctandpunchy run worth watching.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgKEojGWK3A

You may now feel even dumber!! As I go fast!!

(it's a video of me doing the baba run ye ye)

edit: lol I think I accidentally uploaded the clean audio version of this so you can't actually hear anything I'm saying nice

freedom planet is you looking good

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

ArfJason posted:

:eyepop: :911::rip: :vd:

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

ArfJason posted:

i wasn't gonna bother fixing it but just to spite this bitchass comment I will

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zntujLLMhFQ

fuk u

you will hear the sound of my mechanical keyboard and you will like it

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

802.11weed posted:

baba is a documentary

By the transitive property, a documentary is you.

ArfJason posted:

:iceburn:

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

DizzyBum posted:

:iceburn:

Baba is not transitive

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!

ItBreathes posted:

Baba is not transitive

but Baba is associative.

(b x a) x (b x a) = b x (a x b) x a = you

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
baba is everything :wth:

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Brutakas posted:

but Baba is associative.

(b x a) x (b x a) = b x (a x b) x a = you

Baba-a-hii
Baba-a-huu
Baba-a-haa
Baba-a-ha ha!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Are there still a bunch of crappy or obscure games you could get a speedrun record on just beating it slowly, by virtue of no competition? Does a game need to be professionally sold or reach a certain degree of distribution to get a records page? MAybe all those trahs Gamnig Garbage type games are just a wealth of #1 speedrun records to pad out your speedrun resume.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Khanstant posted:

Are there still a bunch of crappy or obscure games you could get a speedrun record on just beating it slowly, by virtue of no competition? Does a game need to be professionally sold or reach a certain degree of distribution to get a records page? MAybe all those trahs Gamnig Garbage type games are just a wealth of #1 speedrun records to pad out your speedrun resume.

@ me next time

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Khanstant posted:

You could perhaps mine the depths of early PC games and find something truly atrocious and nearly forgotten.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
just ask sexrex or peaches for games like that, im sure they have plenty

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

SeXReX posted:

@ me next time

lol

i feel like theres at least 100 games missing here...

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Bad Rats is the last game left to speedrun but nobody has managed to make it through a single playthrough.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

cage-free egghead posted:

Bad Rats is the last game left to speedrun but nobody has managed to make it through a single playthrough.

The real speedrun is how fast you can gift it to a friend.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Speedrun.com has a notability requirement. For some reason, downloading some weird jam game and running it with your friends isn't worthy of a leaderboard.

Hell, geoguessr speedrunning got very big and was never allowed a speedrun.com page because it wasn't a real game or something?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Khanstant posted:

rain world glitchless 10 karma runs

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

heeheex2 posted:

lol

Yeah Id wager most of the games I've tinkered with and gotten uncontested times in are not on src. Many because I did it in the pre src era and now because I can't be assed to be the cm of any more speedrun communities.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Dr. Stab posted:

Speedrun.com has a notability requirement. For some reason, downloading some weird jam game and running it with your friends isn't worthy of a leaderboard.

Hell, geoguessr speedrunning got very big and was never allowed a speedrun.com page because it wasn't a real game or something?

And yet they somehow allow what feels like hundreds of obscure bad flash games.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

eonwe posted:

just ask sexrex or peaches for games like that, im sure they have plenty

Just watch Macaw45 and then be surprised at how many speedrunning oldbois show up in chat.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

Dr. Stab posted:

I started watching jkoper do geoguessr runs a few days ago, man they are surprisingly neat. It's a pretty loose "speedrun" because it's assisted by the chat, so it can be ruined by losers just googling stuff, but they're really fun to watch/be part of.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

heeheex2 posted:

lol

How do you speedrun Luftrausers? Isn't that an endless highscore game?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Peewi posted:

How do you speedrun Luftrausers? Isn't that an endless highscore game?

The categories are reaching the level cap and unlocking all the parts.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

heeheex2 posted:

lol

Moderator of:
Celeste series
Chester Cheetah series

You've already hit the top, buddy!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
speedrun adjacent but mr shoutouts is blowing thru all the stages in green demon challenge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rgSN_2_G-I

Fogie
Mar 1, 2003

Studio posted:

Just watch Macaw45 and then be surprised at how many speedrunning oldbois show up in chat.

macaw rulez #1

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Fogie posted:

macaw rulez #1
:hmmyes:
He's speedrun a game or two too

https://www.twitch.tv/macaw45/video/118001119?filter=all&sort=time

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

heeheex2 posted:

I started watching jkoper do geoguessr runs a few days ago, man they are surprisingly neat. It's a pretty loose "speedrun" because it's assisted by the chat, so it can be ruined by losers just googling stuff, but they're really fun to watch/be part of.

If you want to see geoguessr challenge runs of all kinds I can recommend Geowizard's youtube. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW5OrUZ4SeUYkUg1XqcjFYA

I mean I watch him for the weird travel challenges he does throughout Europe but geoguessr is what he started his channel with and still a fun part.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

Lozoots just got 11:58 in OoT any%!

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

DizzyBum posted:

by Baba logic it just means that Baba has just transformed into "a documentary", and there is no Baba left to be You so the level is locked up unless you restart or undo

edit: unless something else moving in the level changes something else in it to be You so you can control or or transforms "a documentary" back into Baba, etc

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/GamesDoneQuick/status/1221203461854892032

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

A couple of videos gave me and the rest of the uploads team gray hair. I really hope I don't have to fix anything else.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

UraniumAnchor posted:

A couple of videos gave me and the rest of the uploads team gray hair. I really hope I don't have to fix anything else.
Were the original videos messed up somehow or just some weird quirks with YouTube’s uploading system?

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

MagusofStars posted:

Were the original videos messed up somehow or just some weird quirks with YouTube’s uploading system?

In some cases they were messed up for one reason or another, and in a few cases I had to edit out lovely Steam notifications because a) people are awful, and b) no matter how many times we think we've figured out how to prevent Steam notifications from showing up, Valve comes up with yet another way to sneak them back in.

Strangely, YouTube wasn't really at all to blame here.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to edit that out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Tell the streamer to log out of steam friends. Iirc that disables all steam community features like group events friend requests etc but you have to di it every time a runner logs in