Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Imperial knight style kaiju for the lizards is like the best idea for age of Sigmar I ever heard! (other than resurrecting the old world proper). gently caress it, introduce them to 40k as well. The slann/‘old ones’ have been licking their wounds and biding their time, cooking up giant lizards, in some other galaxy/plane. The cicatrix maledictum was their signal to come and join the circle beating to kick abaddons rear end. Hop to GW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Imperial knight style kaiju for the lizards is like the best idea for age of Sigmar I ever heard! (other than resurrecting the old world proper). gently caress it, introduce them to 40k as well. The slann/‘old ones’ have been licking their wounds and biding their time, cooking up giant lizards, in some other galaxy/plane. The cicatrix maledictum was their signal to come and join the circle beating to kick abaddons rear end. Hop to GW.

Bringing the concept of "Order Daemons" to 40k would be hilarious.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppxL_iJhziY
I love the almost casual Sons of Behemat mention in the video. But I had almost expected to see them revealed here as well but I guess it's not time for that just yet.

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help

RagnarokAngel posted:

Whats wrong with it? It fits the Nahuatl aesthetic seraphon have beeb rocking.

It just looks like a pretty rushed paintjob given all the detail you can put on that piece:

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I want someone to paint that Lizardman terrain with some rad neon Slam Sector graffiti.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Holding out hope that there is a 40k Renegade style box that is new Seraphon behemoths vs. Gargants.

lol it's never gonna happen

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
They're really taking their time to update the various builder warscrolls.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I am a noted Elf Lover, so I am really happy with the new High Elves. They are definitely something I could see picking up if they get a decdent start collecting box, but other than Eltharion there is nothing I love either.

Glad to be starting on my Ogres when I get back from LVO. All this rad fantasy stuff has me pumped up.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

Waiting on repainting my old spear elves as one of the CoS units pays off.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Waiting on repainting my old spear elves as one of the CoS units pays off.

Yeah, for sure. I guess there have to be lots of Elves that are just a part of normal Cities culture instead of being about the weird Light Dimension Elves that God just made. I am sure they go to Teclis church on Sunday, but that is about it.

Idoneth should be moved to be a Destruction faction now.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Idoneth should be moved to be a Destruction faction now.

If this allows me to ally in a Giant wearing coral armour hitting people with broken bits of ship then I'm for it, but I don't see the Idoneth hanging around with any of the greenskin factions and they probably think Ogres smell a whole lot.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I love the Sphinx Teclis is riding but the pose he’s in on it is really doofy. Like theres a mandate for army leaders to be $130 centerpieces and they couldn’t think of a better way to do it.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
I have that old "Grumlok & Gazbag" special edition figurine, back from Warhammer Online got released, that I need to paint. Which got me wondering, what unit would that convert to in AoS? The book with the conversion table doesn't list him specifically. Is he just a Megaboss? That'd be disappointing since he's got a Shaman on his shoulder.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i loooove the new elves, I hope they can ally with CoS.

but if the hollow knight there is meant to be Eltharion the Grim in some new form, I've got to wonder what Tyrion is like now

i can get over Teclis's dumb pose with his cool sphynx friend when I consider how fun his parachute pants would be to take contrast paints to.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Furism posted:

I have that old "Grumlok & Gazbag" special edition figurine, back from Warhammer Online got released, that I need to paint. Which got me wondering, what unit would that convert to in AoS? The book with the conversion table doesn't list him specifically. Is he just a Megaboss? That'd be disappointing since he's got a Shaman on his shoulder.

Yeah since he was a limited release model just proxy him as whatever you want. I think you could argue a megaboss or a weirdnob shaman would be equally appropriate.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Wanna use those mechanical cavalry for 40k as outriders in CoS now

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Solemn Sloth posted:

Wanna use those mechanical cavalry for 40k as outriders in CoS now

i honestly thought the same thing

at the very least they'd be a great mine for bits

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

RagnarokAngel posted:

Yeah since he was a limited release model just proxy him as whatever you want. I think you could argue a megaboss or a weirdnob shaman would be equally appropriate.

He's way too small to be a Megaboss, imo.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

I feel like if I have one complaint about Tzeentch, and this applied to the old battletome too, is that it really feels like you're missing out on a lot of stuff by not having a Lord of Change.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Ghost armor is dope, is it meant to be Eltharion? Tyrion?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Eltharion, Tyrion is a god in his own right and still kicking around in the setting. We’ll probably get his flavor of elf in a year or two.

Edit: Well unless they do Malekith’s flavor of elves first. Which seems kind of funny to me actually, the last elf army was Teclis’ doing as well and these seem more like what Tyrion would come up with.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jan 24, 2020

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Good, Eltharion owns. Blind Eltharion was such a cool model.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Now we just need Malus Darkblade and all of Bretonnia

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Der Waffle Mous posted:

I feel like if I have one complaint about Tzeentch, and this applied to the old battletome too, is that it really feels like you're missing out on a lot of stuff by not having a Lord of Change.

Honestly all four god armies are pretty reliant on you having at least one greater daemon.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

RagnarokAngel posted:

Honestly all four god armies are pretty reliant on you having at least one greater daemon.

I mean yeah, just Tzeentch specifically feels like it has a lot of mechanics (battalions, mostly) that are gated behind having a LoC.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Der Waffle Mous posted:

I mean yeah, just Tzeentch specifically feels like it has a lot of mechanics (battalions, mostly) that are gated behind having a LoC.

Big Bird Bros are so cool looking, so it seems fine.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

I may have decided to buy into Sigmar and get myself enough second hand Seraphon models to get a thunderquake starhost going and then some on the strength of that new battletome so I really hope they're good in the new one.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

MinistryofLard posted:

I may have decided to buy into Sigmar and get myself enough second hand Seraphon models to get a thunderquake starhost going and then some on the strength of that new battletome so I really hope they're good in the new one.

Theyve remained competitive even without a battletome, the 2019 adepticon GT winner had a seraphon list with one unit of stormcast evocators. While things have changed since then they'll probably be damned good with an actual book.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

RagnarokAngel posted:

Theyve remained competitive even without a battletome, the 2019 adepticon GT winner had a seraphon list with one unit of stormcast evocators. While things have changed since then they'll probably be damned good with an actual book.

I'd be fine with them even nerfing my thunderbabies and slann if they could pull up the lovely rest of the book. Or just modernizing what's already there.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

RagnarokAngel posted:

Thanks. It's a little bit disappointing that GW didn't make a Warscroll for him (or any limited release models they publish, it seems) though :(

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Furism posted:

Thanks. It's a little bit disappointing that GW didn't make a Warscroll for him (or any limited release models they publish, it seems) though :(

Given Warhammer Legends just gave them an out for this kinda thing (i.e. "you can use it in casual play") yeah it does seem like wasted potential.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Clawtopsy posted:

Good, Eltharion owns. Blind Eltharion was such a cool model.

I was really excited to get buy him when I was a kid ages ago and spent way more time painting him up than any of my other models and am still proud of it even though it's pretty bad.

They really nailed the high elf aesthetic, welp I guess I'm going to try AoS now. Time to figure out where to start. It sounds like these models will become available sometime in the early Spring?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Yep, spring. Welcome to the game :)

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Carnosaur and Gryph-Hound painted for a friend. The first one is part of a commission from them and the second one is a bonus for me since I know they've wanted a Gryph-Hound model as well. (In this case I based the paint job of their cat.)
Biggest lesson from all this is that the Carnosaur model could really need a bigger footprint so it doesn't end up tipping over constantly. Also next time use bigger magnets for the base because 2 4x1mm's doesn't really cut it for stability.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Big Bird Bros are so cool looking, so it seems fine.

Speaking of, did they raise the price with the new battletome? I could've sworn they were in the same price bracket as the Tauralon last I checked.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Is Warcry discussed in this thread? The game seemed pretty hyped on release as a quick and good skirmish game. Initial box seemed to be very samey, at least from the reviews at the time, has GW actually supported the game since?
I am not a fan of AoS, I miss bricks of troops that made Fantasy so different from 40k, but this game looks like it had promise and pretty cheap to get into

Did the normal GW thing of expansions breaking everything happen or is it still balanced?

Thank you

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Goonhammer's post on it seemed very positive and made me interested in getting further into it. It looks like the extra campaign books make the core campaign mechanics crunchier if you want it. I'd buy up some terrain and stuff for my club but I'm wiped out this month and I don't have the space at home to store more hobby poo poo at the moment.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

It's getting played in my local store (especially by 40k players still undecided about AoS) and well, GW just released a bunch of new content for Warcry and Necromunda.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/01/25/todays-pre-orders-warbands-gangs-and-more/

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Is Warcry discussed in this thread? The game seemed pretty hyped on release as a quick and good skirmish game. Initial box seemed to be very samey, at least from the reviews at the time, has GW actually supported the game since?
I am not a fan of AoS, I miss bricks of troops that made Fantasy so different from 40k, but this game looks like it had promise and pretty cheap to get into

Did the normal GW thing of expansions breaking everything happen or is it still balanced?

Thank you

I also have Warcry questions. I have heard from a couple people that it is a very good/interesting game. Is anything known about using AoS factions in Warcry? I dig the classic 'chaos warrior' look, which they've just released new models for, over any of the cultist type warbands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Genghis Cohen posted:

I also have Warcry questions. I have heard from a couple people that it is a very good/interesting game. Is anything known about using AoS factions in Warcry? I dig the classic 'chaos warrior' look, which they've just released new models for, over any of the cultist type warbands.

From what I've read, they released the rules for 15 non chaos armies for the other AOS armies. Orcs have 3, goblins black orcs and savage orcs basically
Elves have the Water ones and Brides of Khain
All the undead are floating around and a new gladiator team is dropping.