Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

builds character posted:

Redbull TV also had a bit about it about 9:45 in here https://www.redbull.com/us-en/events/dakar-rally-saudi-arabia-2020/live/stage-9-dakar-rally-2020 (which is where I learned about them bringing their own chefs). 6.3 Chevy LS3 engine, if you don't want to watch it. They kept those flags on the entire time too. Not contenders for a podium by any stretch, but they did it in style.

Somehow missed this, apologies!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/Honda_History/status/1219970314546757632?s=20

I need this. It's perfection.

Also here is a significantly tweaked Today at Tsukuba Circuit (it's all in Japanese but you can grasp that it has been severely worked over)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDFHzknub_A
Note that the lap time it's capable of puts it faster at Tsukuba than an R8 4.2 FSI Quattro, Benz AMG GT, Ferrari F40, Nismo 400R, a 997 911 Turbo... It's loving QUICK.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jan 22, 2020

Butt Science
Sep 3, 2007

Don't forget about the Dauer 962, the other street version of the 962! This was my childhood dream car.

I love the fact that more than one company looked at the 962 and decided that it needed to be a streetable road car.

https://www.supercars.net/blog/1994-dauer-962-le-mans/

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Somehow missed this, apologies!

Just thought you might appreciate more chinese-car-in-action shots. Plus, you know, bringing their own chefs (genius move).

This is Russian, not chinese but I still love the trucks.

InitialDave posted:

Hell, at least the Chinese car looked like what it was meant to be aping. Hope the Mini guys are taking notes.

Agreed - it'd be a lot cooler to see the current mini engine/chassis/etc with something that looked like a mini body.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Come on over to the Importing Cars from Japan thread, getting one is easier than you might think!

Your link doesn't work so I don't know if you were talking about that specific version though:

quote:

Another special edition appeared in February 1987; the Today M-based Pochette received special colors and was aimed at female buyers. The Pochette became a regular model by 1990 and remained available into the second generation.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

builds character posted:

Just thought you might appreciate more chinese-car-in-action shots. Plus, you know, bringing their own chefs (genius move).

This is Russian, not chinese but I still love the trucks.

Agreed - it'd be a lot cooler to see the current mini engine/chassis/etc with something that looked like a mini body.

Agreed, Binky needs to run Dakar.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

dphi posted:

Come on over to the Importing Cars from Japan thread, getting one is easier than you might think!

Your link doesn't work so I don't know if you were talking about that specific version though:

Would count on most Todays of that version being automatics. Not sure if this body style came with the MTREC engine, the same one found in Honda Beats, just de-tuned for more low end torque. But that is a thing.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Pre-K Bikini Carwash posted:

Don't forget about the Dauer 962, the other street version of the 962! This was my childhood dream car.

I love the fact that more than one company looked at the 962 and decided that it needed to be a streetable road car.

Crank it out with Gulf livery.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

boxen posted:

Agreed, Binky needs to run Dakar.

Right after they finish the transporter.

...And Binky.

...So, Dakar 2033?

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

MrYenko posted:

Right after they finish the transporter.

...And Binky.

...So, Dakar 2033?

Binky: Waterworld

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

slothrop posted:

Binky: Waterworld

I had a good laugh at this :golfclap:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
TBH they're getting suspiciously close to completing Binky. I wonder if they won't decide to switch to an electric drivetrain what with the global warming stuff. The Escargot though, yeah they'll have to turn that into a barge.

Ignoring the text for a moment, this would be a pretty awesome skill to have for engine swaps:

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
The project Binky guys recently sent a thing out to their Patreon, with their plans for the next few months.
Apparently they're hoping for episode 29 in early February, 30 and 31 in late February/early March. 30 and 31 will both feature "a little freshen up" of the 3SGTE.

Binky could very well be moving under its own power THIS DECADE.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

builds character posted:

Just thought you might appreciate more chinese-car-in-action shots.

(it's true!)

dphi posted:

Ah the link was to a Honda History account that reposts stuff (and had that exact image). I've always loved the tinier cars from Japan but the Today is just adorable and looks incredible in that colour... :3:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

boxen posted:

The project Binky guys recently sent a thing out to their Patreon, with their plans for the next few months.
Apparently they're hoping for episode 29 in early February, 30 and 31 in late February/early March. 30 and 31 will both feature "a little freshen up" of the 3SGTE.

Binky could very well be moving under its own power THIS DECADE.

Rookie mistake, did they say which year for each of those months?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Anyone got £25k sat about doing nothing and fancies a new business venture? :v:

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1186969

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Not sure that would fly under the 3 sink rule in the states...

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Colostomy Bag posted:

Not sure that would fly under the 3 sink rule in the states...

Make it a hot fudge pump and a sprinkles bucket and there's no problem.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

1) That car and style is one of my options for the Gambler, one day.
2) I'm cutting vinyl for a coworker to use as stencils for a camo job on his rifle, and I threatened to hide dicks in there somewhere. I love how the Internet anticipates me every time.

edit: and yes, I just sent that picture to him.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Don't forget about https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schuppan_962CR

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan
spotted in San Diego. I’m not sure what thread this belongs in... but it looks properly done. and has a Lyft sticker. so it’s going here.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
Good pun. :ck5:

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

BraveUlysses posted:

BraveUlysses posted:

i really cant thank enough to whomever posted the All gas no brakes channel, it's the fuckin best

i really cant thank enough to whomever posted the All gas no brakes channel, it's the fuckin best

Yeah, thanks to whoever posted this. This channel is incredible.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

snugglz posted:

spotted in San Diego. I’m not sure what thread this belongs in... but it looks properly done. and has a Lyft sticker. so it’s going here.

Hello, do you guys install front leaf springs on minis?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I'm surprised you don't see more BMW Minis done liek that with old Range Rovers or Discoveries, they're pretty much identical wheelbase.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Looks like a Suzuki Samurai frame, and you can probably find cheap non running Minis anywhere they are sold, so that actually looks like a cool relatively cheap conversion.

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Looks like a Suzuki Samurai frame, and you can probably find cheap non running Minis anywhere they are sold, so that actually looks like a cool relatively cheap conversion.

this makes sense to me. there are TONS of Samurais here

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/tankslider/status/1221387956826595329

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

There was also the Schuppan 962CR. There was one parked on display in the basement of Porsche’s Atlanta HQ last summer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schuppan_962CR

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Crank it out with Gulf livery.

956s/962s do not belong in Gulf livery hth

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

drgitlin posted:

956s/962s do not belong in Gulf livery hth

Counterpoint: all cars belong with Gulf livery.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

^ rules.

Similarly, this posted on the AI FB page rules.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
I always thought the Silk Cut livery was better :colbert:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

I feel like the travel trailer portion isn't up to the terrain and conditions that the base truck is capable of. But, would, until the camper gets ripped from the back of the truck.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Octopus Magic posted:

I always thought the Silk Cut livery was better :colbert:

JPS 4 lyfe

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
HEMMT's are really bad at anything but taking super-heavy trailers across ridiculous terrain. The gearing, the engines, and the hookups are just straight garbage for 98% of everyday use.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

What would be a better base for "I want to drive in a straight line, terrain be damned"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Unimog maybe?

We have one of those SHERP off road vehicles at another one of our mine sites, and it is definitely Other Thread material. Bogged multiple times on the salt lake, then it broke something in the transmission, and parts are only available from Russia when they feel like sending them. We'll keep buying Teryx side-by-sides for a tenth the price.