Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I know I've said this before but holy poo poo the art in the card game is so good.

Also I can't win a game with reworked Sylas but I... think he is still pretty ok? I'm not honestly sure. I may just not understand how to play him yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Monathin posted:

I mean you literally cannot get autofilled three times in a row if you play out your autofilled game. You literally get a thing that says 'Autofill Protected'.

maybe it’s because i put my roles as top/fill? sorry, probably using auto filled incorrectly. just frustrating to get your secondary role so much.

very nice i like
Jan 8, 2020

I CANT RESIST SHITTING UP THE BIG BOOBS THREAD WITH MY RANDOM FUCKING MONKEY CHEESE BULLSHIT! IF YOU SEE ME, FUCK ME UP.

Boxman posted:

I've been playing some toplane while I get my enthusiasm back for ranked and am blown away by how much damage he does for a tank.

Why doesn't he get taken support? Knock up too unreliable without any other utility?

it might have been viable when he had his shield on w, his movement is too predictable for a 2v2 lane imo

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Why is Ekko the best jungle right now // anybody got in-general Ekko tips or a good link?

Watched some YouTubes but I honestly just kinda figured out most of this stuff on my own, I'm still not ganking the lane with W from the fog correctly. My favorite junglers are power-farmers (I have more Shyvana games than anyone else), and Ekko clears pretty fast but that doesn't seem like his strategy to win.

I'm okay early game (I think), usually clear bot-side and check for a gank (which does not usually happen at level 3 tbh) and then go clear the other side. Recall with at least 650g for machete upgrade, one YouTuber talked about how good Dark Seal is on your first back but honestly I suck too much to use that item. I actually get nervous having a stacked DS in my inventory.

Should I not gank until I have boots? It really seems impossible to land W (from fog) -> appear -> E forward -> stun them in the circle. Most botlanes see the W and walk around it, to be honest. Where/when should I aim the W? General tips on the most standard Ekko gank would be appreciated. It does get easier with protobelt, but I'm really really bad at it before then and still not that great even with the double-dash from Proto.

Teamfights are still a disaster too... I had tons of farm last night but just kept getting instantly deleted. I had a bad team but I was playing just as bad too. I've got 200 cs, proto+lich+boots+blue machete, and like... couldn't do anything with it.

-Ekko is only supposed to engage squishy targets? So I need to let the Garen + Frontline fight happen first, and then dash+teleport in on the backline and hopefully R out alive? Is that the plan?

-Skirmishes around dragon were so bad, teams would dance back and forth and there was never an opportunity to hit anyone except the front line. Never mind my attempts at stealing dragon (which is super easy with Shyvana R+E+Smite) that always ended in a big feed. Didn't even get close to the dragon with my tiny HP bar, let alone have a chance to smite it.

I'm on like game ~20 or so of Ekko, I like the champ but I'm so bad still. Even if someone has a link to a guide that doesn't suck / is actually relevant to Ekko being the "top jungler in season 10" that would be cool.

I'll probably play the card game this weekend instead anyway

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

a fatguy baldspot posted:

maybe it’s because i put my roles as top/fill? sorry, probably using auto filled incorrectly. just frustrating to get your secondary role so much.

Ahhh yeah that would make sense. Yeah autofilled would be getting something you didnt queue for. You cant really get 'autofilled' if you pick Fill secondary. Like I usually queue Top/Bot and every once in a while it'll throw me a Jungle or Supp game and I have picks I'm comfortable on there but then I'm usually guaranteed to get like 5 games where it won't happen again before it rolls over.

Clearly the actual advice is to stop queueing fill :v:

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
queue mid secondary. its the most popular role in all mmr brackets i think?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Boxman posted:

I've been playing some toplane while I get my enthusiasm back for ranked and am blown away by how much damage he does for a tank.

Why doesn't he get taken support? Knock up too unreliable without any other utility?

ornn really, really wants levels and gold. people have tried ornn support but it isn't the right move for him.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah the sheer amount of power Ornn (and everyone else) gets by Ornn hitting level 11 is honestly too important for him to be in support, and his core items that make him so drat tanky (Abyssal/Sunfire) is far, far too pricey and selfish to even consider on a Support budget.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
levels is important on orrn he spikes fairly hard on 12. its actually very possible for him to get good xp from the jungle thanks to huge tempo advantage from having built in shop.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
New Legend of Runeterra thread up

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

My 6 wardens lost to 6 berserkers and I feel that's not right.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

thanks. we should have a link to this thread in the OP, and vice versa, imo, due to cross pollination.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Elephunk posted:

Ekko stuff

I dont really play any more and when I did I wasnt jgl or ekko much but: ekko W is really hard to stun with so stop trying so hard. It's better to zone people where you want them and also for the shield. Watch shiphtur on twitch/yt, the man is an ekko god

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Lost 8 of my promos and went from silver S9 to Iron 2. It's so bad down here. I just got bitched out for playing Janna. REPROT JANNA FOR NOT PLAYING A REAL SUP

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

I was S4 by the end of season 9, went 8-2 in placements and only got bronze 4

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

The Dregs posted:

Lost 8 of my promos and went from silver S9 to Iron 2. It's so bad down here. I just got bitched out for playing Janna. REPROT JANNA FOR NOT PLAYING A REAL SUP
I'm on this path too, have lost 7 placements and have 1 left to do, will likely drop straight from high silver to iron. Hugely discouraging as I had some great games in there, but I guess that's what TFT and Legends of Runeterra are for until it resets again!

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
The bad thing about Iron is that it just a toss of the dime as to which team has the inter/quitter. The least I can do as support is be the person who wants to be there and has some idea of what they are doing, which is better than the vast majority of iron supports. But when jungle senna goes 0/11, you're hosed.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Iron? In diamond over the last 3 days about 50% of my games havr had someone actually inting or just quitting the game on one team or another.

We're 10k gold ahead and our Lee tries to 1v4. Shen doesn't ult him. He spam pings shen R and leaves the game permanently.

Our autofill jgler is doing poorly and the whole team is flaming her, even though we're winning. so I tell her to just /mute all and ignore everyone. She says "you don't understand mf, I am mental done" and proceeds to only do camps. If she finished all her camps she would go to enemy jungle and ignore champions to kill camps until she died.

We had an ekko last night that I can only assume was a jungle bot. He went to blue first, they invaded, and he just did the blue buff with the enemies attacking him until he died, then he walked out of base, went back, and did it again.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I have been feeding relentlessly for like 3 days straight, I don't know why, ama

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
im tired and stressed out over work and its just not working out ingame atm. im losing games that would have been super easy one week ago :(

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

The Dregs posted:

The bad thing about Iron is that it just a toss of the dime as to which team has the inter/quitter.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Iron? In diamond over the last 3 days about 50% of my games havr had someone actually inting or just quitting the game on one team or another.

Remember, elo hell is whatever elo you, yes you reading this right now, are in.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I'm telling you guys, you need to experience iron for yourselves.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i have 1 loss on sett out like 8 games even while playing like a tilted dog. champion is too braindead in laning

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

The Dregs posted:

The bad thing about Iron is that it just a toss of the dime as to which team has the inter/quitter. The least I can do as support is be the person who wants to be there and has some idea of what they are doing, which is better than the vast majority of iron supports. But when jungle senna goes 0/11, you're hosed.

if someone replaced the word iron in this post with "diamond 4" nobody would bat an eye

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Sett has like a 60% win rate

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Sett has like a 60% win rate

As always, first week statistics after a patch rarely give a good picture. Considering he had a 50% winrate last patch, and this patch did nothing to help him (directly or indirectly), I'd chalk it up to small sample size.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

40k games in Plat plus is not a tiny sample size but either way he's been either permaban or win every game in our scrims. Also havent seen him lose often in my solo queue games

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

He’s a brick shithouse, he’ll get nerfed. I expect his shield to go first. I really don’t like his in game model, it like leans too far forward so all you see is his shoulder pads.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

40k games in Plat plus is not a tiny sample size

I'm only seeing around 9k on u.gg for patch 10.2, compared to the 80k he had from last patch. It's entirely possible that he simply has an insanely high skill ceiling that took the patch interim for people to hit, but that's why it's necessary to wait a week to get decent numbers to see.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Also Sett's kit clowns on people who don't know how to play against him with all his health regen and shields. I'm not saying he's bad or not (I personally think he's very solid but not as good as he's getting hyped up as) but like imagine if champions like olaf or illaoi were released today. The learning period is gonna have people feeding into him regardless of how good he is

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Sett is absolutely gonna eat a hit, probably to his W. Likely gonna be the grit:shield conversion and/or reverting some of the base/scaling changes to the true damage that were done on PTR.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The Dregs posted:

I'm telling you guys, you need to experience iron for yourselves.

I've had seasons in Silver and Bronze and the only really noticable difference between those and Iron which I'm at after placements is the colour on my profile.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
To be fair early season Iron should mostly be full of previous-season Bronze/low Silver, so any experiences now shouldn't be that representative.

Fwiw I think if you end up placing substantially below your mmr from the previous season, you should have really high LP gains afterwards -- i.e., I went 5-5, placed Gold 4 (from Plat 4), won 2 games, and skipped right to Gold 2 0 LP. I think it should correct pretty hard if your mmr is higher -- this might not be as relevant if you really lost a lot of placements, but it shouldn't be too bad.

If you just wait for people placed lower to rise out of the league some it should also be a lot easier too if you're having trouble.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Ok, just me who has a bug where I cannot ban Sett? I would usually whine about his kit and him being obviously OP, but it would be fine if I could ban him every game.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
if the enemy team doesnt have a champion then you cannot ban it. its not a bug

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
The best thing about sett right now is that his reputation as being OP has reached the point where people will consistently just run it down against him and then lament sett being OP when they die to the 4/0 2 level advantage sett over and over

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Some part of me knows I suck, another part of me sees an enemy with facecheck stats of: Feeder, Low CS, Risk Blind. Has Sett picked, high winrate.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I finally climbed out of Iron after my lovely placements. Now I am at the heady heights of...B4.

What do you guys think of Swain support? I have been wanting to try a ranged tank and I am just not good at landing Thresh hooks and flays.

Slaapaav posted:

if the enemy team doesnt have a champion then you cannot ban it. its not a bug

I was under the impression that everyone got Sett's calling card. I am glad it isn't the case.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

The Dregs posted:

I finally climbed out of Iron after my lovely placements. Now I am at the heady heights of...B4.

What do you guys think of Swain support? I have been wanting to try a ranged tank and I am just not good at landing Thresh hooks and flays.

I was under the impression that everyone got Sett's calling card. I am glad it isn't the case.
Taric? Leona? Nautilus.....Maokai?

Why are you fixated on a "ranged tank" exactly, just play a normal, meta tank

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jan 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

RealFoxy posted:

Taric? Leona? Nautilus.....Maokai?

Why are you fixated on a "ranged tank" exactly, just play a normal, meta tank

I'm not fixated. I just want to try it. Jeez. Also I meant "tank support with ranged autos". I already pay Taric a good bit.