Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Visible Stink posted:

Same. I listened through the top 5 and the only one I rate is Denzel Curry

I know why bad guy got no. 1 and it's because it got memed to gently caress and triple j's entire demographic is meme loving zoomers.

For one I'm glad that loving dance monkey didn't get number 1 but tbh Denzel Curry was robbed. Ricky is a fire track but bulls on parade is just :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
i turned 30 in august not like just now

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Ill take it though you only get so many birthday wishes in your life

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Nothing like riding a bike high or a bit pissed.

It ain't even illegal, at least in WA.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I only listen jj on Aussie day now. Hottest 100 for 1999 def better than this modern crap.

Arh gently caress I'm old take me out behind the shed and shoot me.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Is Billie Eilish an industry plant?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Is Billie Eilish an industry plant?

i don't think so exactly, but her older brother writes all the music and songs, its like she is the marketable face for the music he writes

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

Caesar Saladin posted:

i don't think so exactly, but her older brother writes all the music and songs, its like she is the marketable face for the music he writes

Finally a return to how it used to be, before the Beatles ruined music by both writing and performing their songs and in the process making other people think that they could also do it.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Honestly I think if you're over 27 and you're still into the hottest 100 you're trying too hard. You just gotta give up and listen to poo poo you like. JJJ is youth radio. If you don't like it it's because you're old.

I didn't think Bad Guy was that bad of a song but they absolutely ruin it with the "duh." It's so stupid and unnecessary.

Also the Bulls on Parade cover was cool if you're into a band that was anti-capitalist but then reformed a bunch of times for money. Personally I like my Like A Versions when they put a bit of a twist on it.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

one of the girls in my class i'm teaching is like 19 or 20 and was telling me on friday she is having a hottest 100 party and i was like ahhhh i remember being young. then she started telling me about one of the hottest 100 parties she had "way back ages ago" and i realised her definition of the olden days i was still in my 30s and was like yep, i'm officially one of the oldies now.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

~Coxy posted:

It ain't even illegal, at least in WA.

I was getting pissed with a bunch of cops that I played basketball with and I mentioned I was going to ride my bike home and asked if it was illegal. None of them even knew if it was and said they'd never considered ticketing someone for riding a bike pissed. Victoria btw

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
Years ago I had a massive tumble on my bike taking a corner too fast. It was after work drinks and I distinctly remember thinking as I took the turn ‘oh wow I didn’t realise I could take this corner so fast’. Cut my face up, arms and legs all grazed and bruised. A couple of work colleagues drove past and bundled me into the car not long after.

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

Also the Bulls on Parade cover was cool if you're into a band that was anti-capitalist but then reformed a bunch of times for money. Personally I like my Like A Versions when they put a bit of a twist on it.

Eh, people still need to eat. I’m no fan of capitalism either but that doesn’t mean I’m going to quit my job and go live in a park or whatever just to make a point. This probably isn’t the thread for debating the ethics of RATM though, I just think Bulls on Parade is a good song and DC did a killer cover of it

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Revolver is the best song on empire of the sun and probably their only truely great and timeless song that isn’t a cover don’t @ me

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jan 25, 2020

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajeL87l3prM

Isaac fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jan 26, 2020

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I like Denzel in it but the guitar tone is way off, and the guitarist uses a lame phaser pedal instead of a wah and it ruins part of the song

If i wanna listen to music I'm more likely to get some good jams off some kid on RRR playing psych rock tunes he found on the internet than from JJJ

Caesar Saladin fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jan 25, 2020

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
What was the koala bed/mattress alternative goons were praising on here?

Also, someone apply the NVJ filter please

Kharnifex fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jan 26, 2020

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

riding a bike drunk is in fact illegal. Bikes are vehicles, and it's illegal to ride vehicles drunk.

Fun fact: same with horses.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Yeah like I’m not 100% the way the law plays out specifically but the way it was explained to me by my cop cousin is ‘if you can fall off it while it’s moving you can get charged for riding it while drunk

I didn’t think to ask her at the time if that heuristic applied to rollerblades

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Can confirm it applies to unicycles

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Zazi posted:

riding a bike drunk is in fact illegal. Bikes are vehicles, and it's illegal to ride vehicles drunk.

If someone else is steering the horse it's okay. Also you could probably train a monkey to steer the horse and now I'm getting an excellent idea.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Jestery posted:

Can confirm it applies to unicycles

Honestly it should count as at least doubly as bad if not more so bc the missing wheel adds an exponentially harder balancing curve

But then maybe if you can prove you can ride a unicycle drunk you get the ok to ride something with one more wheel upto .010 or something

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Startup idea: Designated driver monkeys for your horse.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Startup idea: Designated driver monkeys for your horse.

Bananr

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Honestly it should count as at least doubly as bad if not more so bc the missing wheel adds an exponentially harder balancing curve

But then maybe if you can prove you can ride a unicycle drunk you get the ok to ride something with one more wheel upto .010 or something

As someone with a lot of experience on a unicycle, it is far, far easier and safer than a bike

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I went to the nursery to get some dirt and advice on dealing with this lantana and I came back with a hundred dollars worth of macadamia trees and a kaffir lime tree, as well as all the stuff I’m gonna plant where I’m ripping out the lantana

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

femcastra posted:

Years ago I had a massive tumble on my bike taking a corner too fast. It was after work drinks and I distinctly remember thinking as I took the turn ‘oh wow I didn’t realise I could take this corner so fast’. Cut my face up, arms and legs all grazed and bruised. A couple of work colleagues drove past and bundled me into the car not long after.

I had the obligatory tangle with Melbourne tram tracks after work drinks. Went over the handlebars, bike landed on me and fractured my shin. Didn't go to hospital and only found out it had been fractured after an x-ray for an unrelated issue years later

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Zazi posted:

Which means that you can also be booked for speeding on a bike. Horse too probably.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Yeah you can get done for speeding on a bicycle. Cops have done people for breaking the speed limit going down Mt Coot-tha.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

ili posted:

Yeah you can get done for speeding on a bicycle. Cops have done people for breaking the speed limit going down Mt Coot-tha.

sounds like a hectic ride tho

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Bill Posters posted:

Which means that you can also be booked for speeding on a bike. Horse too probably.

Speed with horse sounds like a terrible idea but I'm not into the hard stuff.

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I went to the nursery to get some dirt and advice on dealing with this lantana and I came back with a hundred dollars worth of macadamia trees and a kaffir lime tree, as well as all the stuff I’m gonna plant where I’m ripping out the lantana

That's awesome, we probably got kilos of macadamias from one tree when I was a little kid. Pity my parents didn't care how great they are and I just ate them because it was fun cracking them open.

Are they grafted? I remember ours was so there's probably different varieties or something?

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Our neighbours in Burnett Heads had a v old macadamia tree in their back yard and it wasn't fenced so they didn't mind if we came and took buckets full. We traded em for avos off my tree. For some reason when I was 6 I decided to dig a hole in the back yard so we decided to put an avo tree in and it produced amazing avocados

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Goal: motorise a wheelie bin

Stretch goal: get breathalised in a wheelie bin

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Having a real nice afternoon

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
I ended up at the Avalon in katoomba which was pretty much like having a counter lunch at vinnies
They had a thing up there last week where a ton of people turned up with knitting and sewing stuff and over 2 days made a literal uteload of joey pouches, bat bags, etc. Really nice people and if you like kitchy op shop poo poo its highly concentrated

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
It changed hands along the way so it isn’t the original owners anymore. I’d imagine the menu is still real similar to what I was cooking for them 10+ years ago.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
We've been stuffing our faces for days because thats what the clan does. I found the portions a bit overwhelming but tasty enough. More like well prepared pub food than the insanely tasty microportions at the hydro

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Megabound posted:

Having a real nice afternoon

that cat needs a manicure, a bit of a snip snip

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Caesar Saladin posted:

that cat needs a manicure, a bit of a snip snip

She's having a knead there. Scoops gets his nails did because he gets a bit pointy when he climbs. Poppy's never got hers done because 1: it's never been a problem and 2: there's no way she'd be OK with it ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Operation Leafy greens self sustainability is entering phase two

I have planted around 15-20 sambung plants in two troughs and a large growing pot this was more than sufficient to eat from 2-5 times a week

This was phase one and proof of concept

I observed that having them grow as large branches on long stakes is the most comfortable way to harvest and keep everything under control and easily assessable if there are any issues

Phase two is a more organised grow set up

6-10 buckets with long stakes and 3-5 plants per bucket

This should be a far more steady supply to draw from as needed

My end goal is to have a stir-fry growing in my backyard at all times

I currently have a large polystyrene container of spring onions and ginger growing to get a feel for how they grow.

I also have spring onions , silverbeet(for iron) and beans growing in a passive hydroponic system

Hopefully I can have a pretty good meal I can just harvest from or add too will little effort

If anyone has any ideas for non-seasonal fruiting type plants that would be rad