Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Koch brother money is part of why they tamed down their questions. Now that one is dead, probably doesn't matter as much to the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/RobbieGramer/status/1221091910078664705

Okay Mike, I believe you that the reporter picked the wrong country a continent and couple bodies of water away.

Garbage in garbage out

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

A Bad Poster posted:

God drat, so she 100% knows more about international relations than the Secretary of State. Cool cool cool.

I probably know more than him

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

You all know how stupid I am

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Dum Cumpster posted:

I'm glad NPR reporters are finally sick of their poo poo (or whatever allowed them to let loose) and asking harder questions. I remembered complaining about their softballs to the administration a year or two back.

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll revert back to normal sooner or later

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
My wife just blew $400 on fluid resistant face masks to send to her friend in China.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Notahippie posted:

It’s impressive - she gets the knife in, and he is audibly rattled.

For anyone who wants to hear the interview:

https://www.npr.org/2020/01/24/799244678/pompeo-wont-say-whether-he-owes-yovanovitch-an-apology-i-ve-done-what-s-right?live=1

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Maybe Pompeo gets Bangladesh and Ukraine backwards and the entire time is going, "Why is she asking me about Ukraine when the president is undergoing an impeachment trial because of his interaction with Bangladesh? Doesn't she understand the gravity of the situation?"

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
I'm still fuzzy on how the Obama Iran deal supposedly facilitated the Iranian nuclear weapons program and how ending the deal made it more difficult for Iran to develop a nuke.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
because hillary sold russia our uranium!

duh!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

It gave them back their own money we froze.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

SimonCat posted:

I'm still fuzzy on how the Obama Iran deal supposedly facilitated the Iranian nuclear weapons program and how ending the deal made it more difficult for Iran to develop a nuke.

Because Obama bad, Trump good. Stop thinking about it. It's propaganda. If it makes sense that might actually hurt the message. It's supposed to be an incoherent shriek of rage targeting the "other".

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

SimonCat posted:

The typical line among conservatives who know stuff about natsec isn’t that the deal helped Iran with nuclearization, it was that it allowed them to better fund other stuff like IRGC and conventional missile and drone development. That’s the more common argument, at least.

And lol:

https://twitter.com/jezzerat/status/1221076106872344577?s=21

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Which once again is bizarre because it was their own money we released.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Wait jk rowlings hates trans people when did this happen and how did i miss it?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Stravag posted:

Everyone is bad and you shouldn’t have heroes.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
I thought my staff told you we were gonna talk about Iran how dare you ask me about Ukraine

m/fer we out here about to have election year again already and you're still complaining about President Obama's Iran policy

and if you think Americans don't give a gently caress about the Ukraine, guess what they think about Iran while they're at it

Secretary Pompeo is a big fat piss drinkin rear end bitch

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Stravag posted:

we have such sights to show you, but shres on her own TERF

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

FrozenVent posted:

Everyone is bad and you shouldn’t have heroes.

Shes not a hero i just didnt know she had issues with trans people. The last time i read one of those books was like 05 when i was still in highschool and i didnt follow her on twitter where people were saying she did all her post facto editing

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2019/dec/19/jk-rowling-trans-row-court-ruling-twitter-maya-forstater

This stuff. Publicly supporting someone who was fired for sharing TERF comics and tweets and the like.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

In a more sane world Evangelicals would be considered as nutty as Scientologists, and not allowed anywhere near government office.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Stravag posted:

Shes not a hero i just didnt know she had issues with trans people. The last time i read one of those books was like 05 when i was still in highschool and i didnt follow her on twitter where people were saying she did all her post facto editing

I thought the person who imagined pants making GBS threads wizards would be a bit more progressive.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

millshake duck nooooooooo

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Blind Rasputin posted:

Am I reading that right that China is building two 1,300 bed hospitals in... about 3 weeks??

Those are monstrous hospitals. Like Mass Gen is 1,000 beds. I realize they’re probably just floor after floor of open space for death cots but still they are throwing a loving rediculous workforce at these things to scream through their construction. I couldn’t even pull this in FrostPunk let alone Starcraft.

I have to assume they the Chinese government is withholding numbers of cases. The WHO has been using case # to calculate the R0 (R-“naught”) which is the rate of infectivity. How many people one person will infect. So far it’s like 1.4-2, SARS was near 5. Its way too low for this type of response.

So what will happen is this virus will get a foothold in another country, but one WHO can see into with more clarity. They’ll watch the number of cases spread like a forest fire and the R0 will be 8 or something equally horrific, and they’ll have objective proof China was lying its butt off about the numbers.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Stravag posted:

I had to look up TERF because a friend posted some poo poo about buying bootleg Harry Potter stuff so as not to support Rowling anymore. IDGI but whether or not transgendered girls get to earn college athletic scholarships is super low on my list of poo poo that is important to me so I suspect I am not the target audience for the initialism.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
It should really be Feminism Appropriating Reactionary Transphobes

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

LingcodKilla posted:

I thought the person who imagined pants making GBS threads wizards would be a bit more progressive.

Go figure right?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Casimir Radon posted:

In a more sane world Evangelicals would be considered as nutty as Scientologists, and not allowed anywhere near government office.

stOp pErsEcuTing tHeM

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I'd consider them far nuttier than the CoS tbh. At least the latter isn't trying to immanentize the eschaton

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Hekk posted:

I had to look up TERF because a friend posted some poo poo about buying bootleg Harry Potter stuff so as not to support Rowling anymore. IDGI but whether or not transgendered girls get to earn college athletic scholarships is super low on my list of poo poo that is important to me so I suspect I am not the target audience for the initialism.

I hope one day people step back and realize how hosed up it is that we invented a term for "transphobes who are women" and it's worse than just being a regular transphobe because it implies you're a traitor to the cause and also as a side effect gives ostensible "allies" cart blanche to unload their pent up misogyny on a valid target.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
gently caress terfs

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Note: The "RF" stands for "Radical Feminist." The acronym doesn't refer to just anyone who doesn't consider transwomen to be authentically women.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Can someone please write me up a list of all things I need to be outraged about because its difficult to keep track these days

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Eej posted:

I hope one day people step back and realize how hosed up it is that we invented a term for "transphobes who are women" and it's worse than just being a regular transphobe because it implies you're a traitor to the cause and also as a side effect gives ostensible "allies" cart blanche to unload their pent up misogyny on a valid target.

Graham Linehan (creator/co-creator of Father Ted, Black Books and The IT Crowd) gets called a TERF though, although he says he's only a "feminist ally" because only women can be "feminists" :shrug:

https://twitter.com/Glinner/status/1196424807946035201
https://twitter.com/chloepriceisgay/status/1202505346977165312

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Can someone please write me up a list of all things I need to be outraged about because its difficult to keep track these days

Are we allowed to like Letterkenny? :ohdear:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

joat mon posted:

Are we allowed to like Letterkenny? :ohdear:

Please tell me there's nothing wrong with Letterkenny

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Depends on who you want to hang with.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Legit same i live a pretty hermit lifestyle and i interact with the internet as little as possible outside of sa and gaming with goons

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

orange juche posted:

Please tell me there's nothing wrong with Letterkenny

Get this guy a Puppers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

This is something worth being outraged over