Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
http://wotreplays.eu/site/5200968#steppes-mariuslecter-progetto_m35_mod_46

Blindshot on that Type 62 was just barely a sliver of his cupola while they hid behind a rock in the mid after going back into concealment.

e;
Unless I hit them after that later and didn't realize. :v:

e2;

Oh boy running into a AMX 13 57 platoon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZFh9c3Sexw

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jan 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I actually had a really great morning in tanks. The TL-1 continues to impress me and I somehow always manage to do well in the KV-3. The UDES td really needs to get the same mechanics as the medium tanks. It feels so clunky comparatively.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
I'm up to the tier 8 Swedish TD. Not a huge fan, but it's not bad. On the other hand, I used the tank exchange to trade my old ( free ) T34 for the Swedish cheese wedge premium TD and that thing is hilariously stupid and I love it.

It's no 183 tho, which is the best TD that ever was and ever will be.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
I started the lower branch of the swede tree on a lark. Managed to get my first class 1 mastery... In the tier 1

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

PING PING PING PING PING PING *CLONK* PING PING *CLONK*

lmfao jesus

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I'm up to the tier 8 Swedish TD. Not a huge fan, but it's not bad. On the other hand, I used the tank exchange to trade my old ( free ) T34 for the Swedish cheese wedge premium TD and that thing is hilariously stupid and I love it.

It's no 183 tho, which is the best TD that ever was and ever will be.

I do like them, but they don't fit my aggressive play style. I tend to die in em quickly.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Mesadoram posted:

I do like them, but they don't fit my aggressive play style. I tend to die in em quickly.

It's an ongoing battle with me about being too froggy in certain situations. But here lately I have been playing the map game and being a bit patient to plan my further actions. Today I played the map game and while my piloting in the IS-7 isnt my most crowning achievement; I do feel I played this tank right to tip the scales in my team's favor.

Early game all of our heavies, SPGs, Mediums, and LTs all went south and mid when I thought to myself if I go east maybe I could at least see what pushed on this side. Because trailing behind me was a Grille 15 and a Foch 155.. Spotted a very unlucky afk T110E5 and immedietly after he was nuked by arty on my team we suddendly had view of the STB-1, another enemy T110E3, and I forget the last one. The moment we spotted them take a look at the score and you can see our team immediately flanked and pushed hard.

If I had not have pushed there early game the Grille 15 and Foch would have been stuck at B6 bluffing themselves thinking there were enemy tanks looking at D7 and beyond.

Let me know if someone wants the replay

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

JuffoWup posted:

I had to look this up. This is a premium on the console version of the game. There are many tanks they have that either has never (and will never) be added to the pc version. Or have been removed because of how straight up broken they are.

Examples: https://console.worldoftanks.com/en/encyclopedia/vehicles/germany/G98_Waffentrager_E100/
That tank was straight removed for the grille 15. And will never come back. I'm sure someone here will gladly show off the gif of one killing a full health maus with one clip. This was in the days when armor still had some value and maus had the highest hp in the game.

https://console.worldoftanks.com/en/encyclopedia/vehicles/usa/A801_PzVIB_Tiger_II/
This is a tier 7 on pc.

https://console.worldoftanks.com/en/encyclopedia/vehicles/usa/A12_T32/
If upgraded to the t32e2, the 105mm gun has a pen of 218mm. Every pc player will tell you that is exactly what that gun needs for the t32. Because it currently still has 198mm pen just like the t29. Which is not fun for a tank that regularly sees t10s.

https://console.worldoftanks.com/en/encyclopedia/vehicles/merc/
And then there is this mess. Like, https://console.worldoftanks.com/en/encyclopedia/vehicles/merc/MRC53_Trinity_MKII/
wtf (it is a t-44-100 with the t26e4 turret installed)

Edit: Just to clear up here, I WANT a t8 premium arty for frontlines. That is why I looked it up as this was the first mention I'd seen of such a thing.

This is still my personal favorite

https://console.worldoftanks.com/en/encyclopedia/vehicles/ussr/R77_KV2_Hero/

And this thing is almost as ridiculous as the FV304. I love mine

https://console.worldoftanks.com/en/encyclopedia/vehicles/uk/GB77_FV305/

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Just SU-101 things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdsGdSNNWW0

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

i was like, 1100 hp? that's nice of them to buff it.

did the SU-101 really have 850 hp at one point lol jesus christ

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

i was like, 1100 hp? that's nice of them to buff it.

did the SU-101 really have 850 hp at one point lol jesus christ

And a smaller gun IIRC.

So for this lunar new year thing, do I need to buy each of the elemental camos?

Edit: In case you were wondering how teams are today:

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Jan 26, 2020

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
So there's a "Type 59-II" on the console version now. How much do you want to bet they'll bring it to PC as a slightly buffed version with normal MM?

https://console.worldoftanks.com/en/encyclopedia/vehicles/china/Ch01_Type59_105_Hero/

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Id link to see a normal MM chinese heavy honestly, something in the style of the 5a and wz111111

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
So I know I said I would be working on arty next but kinda gonna put that on the back burner for awhile. Bought this thing yesterday and I forgot how fun wheeled tanks are.

Ive been having fun in this thing. I usually play it like you are supposed to. Drive fast, make people miss shots, and repeat while not getting shot. Also add sick jumps for some hilarious moments.

Also :toot:

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So there's a "Type 59-II" on the console version now. How much do you want to bet they'll bring it to PC as a slightly buffed version with normal MM?

https://console.worldoftanks.com/en/encyclopedia/vehicles/china/Ch01_Type59_105_Hero/

While I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for anything to migrate over from console I would be all over a buffed normal mm Type. As bad as normal mm is.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Wanted to do the lunar mission before I went to work and Holy poo poo.

I don't think I A) Got a kill B) Did about 1k damage.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
So much talk about OP premiums and no honorable mention for the LeHef?
Already super fun solo, but there was a time you could platoon that poo poo.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Tahirovic posted:

So much talk about OP premiums and no honorable mention for the LeHef?
Already super fun solo, but there was a time you could platoon that poo poo.

It's pretty well known for us to be extremely broken. Like the E 25. I own one and I really dont like playing it because in some maps you are a big unfair bully.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Missed day one of this New Year event and ratfucked myself out of Rat emblems.

This whole thing feels pointless to me now.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

MariusLecter posted:

I would trade you mine if I could :smith:.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i hate the e25 but its extremely fun to play against compared to the leffe.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
We did 2x lefh + scout platoons and it was so loving broken.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

MariusLecter posted:

The emblems aren't important. You can miss two days and still get the good rewards: the four 0-skill BIA crew members and the skill books.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
OK I know this is not 100% a WoT related thing but it involves tanks so I'm asking here. So anyway a while back I saw a trailer video for a movie released recently (where recent = within last 2 years) that was about a heroic T-34 tank crew fights Germans yadda yadda and the thing that sticks in my mind is that it had bullet time sequences in it. I specifically remember one scene the T-34 fires its gun at a building full of Germans and you got a fly through of the building and the shell whizzing past a couple by like inches and the camera tracks outside and the building blows up at that point. I'm not 100% sure this was RU language with subs or EN dub or what. If any of you know what this movie might be TYVM for informing me.

Just for giggles I logged into WoT just now and I'm still in STUG :v:, highest vehicle I have is a fully upgraded US T32 and I'm about 67k of the way to the M103 . Also got a bunch of free poo poo (Including a Super Hellcat??) for having an 8 year old acct.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!

MREBoy posted:

OK I know this is not 100% a WoT related thing but it involves tanks so I'm asking here. So anyway a while back I saw a trailer video for a movie released recently (where recent = within last 2 years) that was about a heroic T-34 tank crew fights Germans yadda yadda and the thing that sticks in my mind is that it had bullet time sequences in it. I specifically remember one scene the T-34 fires its gun at a building full of Germans and you got a fly through of the building and the shell whizzing past a couple by like inches and the camera tracks outside and the building blows up at that point. I'm not 100% sure this was RU language with subs or EN dub or what. If any of you know what this movie might be TYVM for informing me.

Just for giggles I logged into WoT just now and I'm still in STUG :v:, highest vehicle I have is a fully upgraded US T32 and I'm about 67k of the way to the M103 . Also got a bunch of free poo poo (Including a Super Hellcat??) for having an 8 year old acct.

Yeah, it's literally called T-34: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8820590/

Welcome back, if you havent played a game in 60 days, you can get a referral link form one of us to get some swank bonus XP and credits.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Looks like you UK goon tank players are lucky:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMOfROMe-UE

Instead of the event in NA; EU players are going to have a hell of a harder time with this event. But on the plus side you have an opportunity to get content creators as commanders. While us in the NA have additional missions to help alleviate the difficulty of earning either a Dragon or Tiger commander.

Zwartzentruber
Dec 26, 2012

That is a good question, I have no idea
So I honestly hate playing the Skoda 50 T (T9). Anyone offer some advice for this tank, cause I'm really starting to think this drat tank is nothing but a huge target to hit.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Zwartzentruber posted:

So I honestly hate playing the Skoda 50 T (T9). Anyone offer some advice for this tank, cause I'm really starting to think this drat tank is nothing but a huge target to hit.

How are you playing it?

Im looking at the numbers and its armor is really paper thin and even 120mm in the front of the turret its just lmao. -8 degress of gun depression is kinda neat for this tank but if I was in your shoes I would take those two stats alone into consideration. This to me is a 2nd to 3rd firing line tank peeking over hills and unloading shells into flanks. Cities are not your friend.

Also according to Tanks.gg the tank has incredibly good shell velocity but the shells have somewhat poor penetration.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Zwartzentruber posted:

Same as all autoloaders. Play smart. Don't lead a push and don't trade. Wait until an enemy shoots or is distracted before dumping your clip. Wait until a solo enemy has under 900 hp before pushing him.

With the Czech mediums, the intra-clip reload is very short so you can usually get your entire clip off when you decide to fire.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

McGavin posted:

The emblems aren't important. You can miss two days and still get the good rewards: the four 0-skill BIA crew members and the skill books.

The gently caress they aren't.

The rat emblems were the only reason to be excited about any of this.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

All skodas own the T9 more than the rest.

You are a gently caress man scumbag.

Embrace it.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

As a round started a few weeks ago a teammate asked how to play to play the Skoda T27 and the other Skodas.

Before I could respond someone else said, "Like a sneaky pussy."

This is 100% correct.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
The Tier 9 Skoda was hard for me. It takes more brain cells than I have to win games with lightly armored tanks in high tier games. What teams are we picking for Streamer and Lunar New Year? Will I get anything for picking the right team if I don't play?

I platooned goodwill in game today. We had some good games. Thanks for the recruit bonuses bro. Its making the grind a lot easier.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

2Jets posted:

The Tier 9 Skoda was hard for me. It takes more brain cells than I have to win games with lightly armored tanks in high tier games. What teams are we picking for Streamer and Lunar New Year? Will I get anything for picking the right team if I don't play?

I platooned goodwill in game today. We had some good games. Thanks for the recruit bonuses bro. Its making the grind a lot easier.

It was very easy for me. You just need to recognize that you are a giant light tank and not a brawling medium. I mean, it can but it will take a beating.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

2Jets posted:

Yeah, had some good games, then some very bad teams. Took me 10 games to win in that TD.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Jeeesus, the top gun on the tier 9 swedish medium is just complete rear end and frustrating as hell when you're coming from the 14 Alt 5.

You had a laser-scalpel with STUPID shell velocity (on BOTH shells), and incredible accuracy at tier 8.

At tier 9, you get a little more base and gold pen, 30 extra damage, and even though your dispersion is 0.1 better, YOUR SHOTS GO EVERYWHERE BUT WHERE THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO.

It just feels like a comical joke.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Jeeesus, the top gun on the tier 9 swedish medium is just complete rear end and frustrating as hell when you're coming from the 14 Alt 5.

You had a laser-scalpel with STUPID shell velocity (on BOTH shells), and incredible accuracy at tier 8.

At tier 9, you get a little more base and gold pen, 30 extra damage, and even though your dispersion is 0.1 better, YOUR SHOTS GO EVERYWHERE BUT WHERE THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO.

It just feels like a comical joke.

Ever gun to me feels like this now-a-days

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

the skoda line has some hidden statistic where your first shot has a 50%+ chance of just going to the outer edge of your aiming circle

confirmation bias has confirmed this

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Still having a blast on my Lynx 6x6 even if all I am doing is trying to make sick jumps killing people in mid air. I have pulled it off at least once with goons on discord.

But with these tanks I am really enjoying the wheeled scout playstyle. It makes me use visual memory to look ahead and behind quickly which passes onto having great map awareness. Circon answered one of my questions mid stream and told me to try not to push past the "Middle" line where everyone is even provided a good example as he was playing.

So if goons are wondering why my map is so loving big in game is because I am also playing the map game more often than I am looking what is in front of me unless I am in actual combat. (Plus I wear glasses and my eyesight isnt that great). So far with trickling knowledge its been working out very good in my favor. Just dont mind if you platoon with me if I have a little fun. :)

Also its been amazing good fun playing with you goons. When we focus and get real we have pulled off some serious poo poo. Ima need to poke my brother to have him post that bad rear end 7k spotting dmg game he did on his EBR. That was talent.

E- I got his insane EBR game recorded for goons to witness him.

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jan 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
I need to platoon with some goons one of these days. I could at least be bait. :)