Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Counterpoints:

The Meyerwitz Stories
Black KKKlansman
The Dead Don't Die
Marriage Story
The Man Who Killed Don Quixote
Silence
Logan Lucky
The Report

The Herculean task of making SNL funny as a host

and he started a program to get Soldiers to see actual theater while on deployment instead of dumb poo poo like "Win a date with a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader."

Within half a decade.

Dude's got Keanu pretty licked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

mind the walrus posted:

Counterpoints:

The Meyerwitz Stories
Black KKKlansman
The Dead Don't Die
Marriage Story
Silence
Logan Lucky
The Report

and he started a program to get Soldiers to see actual theater while on deployment instead of dumb poo poo like "Win a date with a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader."

Within half a decade.

John Wick.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Point Break

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

mobby_6kl posted:

John Wick.
Point, although they're action schlock for 14 year-olds and about as deep as a cup of pudding.
Swayze and the cheese factor carry it.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

mind the walrus posted:

Adam Driver > Keanu in nearly every respect hth

how on earth

mobby_6kl posted:

John Wick.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Samovar posted:

I saw gently caress the Police.

Beaten FUUCK

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Bill and Ted

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kuros posted:

How can one person be so wrong?

Yeah, I was gonna say that graphic was being a little unfair to dr thunder

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

mind the walrus posted:

Counterpoints:

The Meyerwitz Stories
Black KKKlansman
The Dead Don't Die
Marriage Story
Silence
Logan Lucky
The Report

Within half a decade.

This is such a sad post

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

mind the walrus posted:

all the rest of the stuff you listed sounds horrible but this one sounds especially so.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Something Awful, the website where 35 year old men who still think "ok Boomer" is comedy gold get really mad that people don't idolize an actor whose career peaked two decades ago.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

mind the walrus posted:

Counterpoints:

The Meyerwitz Stories
Black KKKlansman
The Dead Don't Die
Marriage Story
Silence
Logan Lucky
The Report

Within half a decade.

Keanu's been secretly funding children's hospitals and cancer research for years

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kuros posted:

How can one person be so wrong?

Wider

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Sleeveless posted:

Something Awful, the website where 35 year old men who still think "ok Boomer" is comedy gold get really mad that people don't idolize an actor whose career peaked two decades ago.

John Wick 3 was 2019

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

And 4’s coming next year, plus another Matrix movie

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
poo poo yeah

Chuff McNothing
Sep 9, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

he shouldn't be doing it secretly

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Wait is John Wick REALLY about a guy killing dudes because someone offer his dog? I thought that was just a jkke.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Chuff McNothing posted:

he shouldn't be doing it secretly

He didn't want to make it about him. At the very least, the guy's worthy of respect, regardless of his memetic popularity.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Hirethor posted:

I'm playing the game Hades, it's pretty cool.

What's the meme here?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Jerry Cotton posted:

Wait is John Wick REALLY about a guy killing dudes because someone offer his dog? I thought that was just a jkke.

Long answer: No, but yes
Short answer: yes

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Jerry Cotton posted:

Only dog people will understand this

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

TBF it was a really sweet dog.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Let me just drop this here:

Matrix

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Fun fact about Keanu:

To help the matrix funding he opted for a percentage instead of a paycheck.

This gave the Wachowskis an extra $15M to finish special effects.

In turn the relatively low budget film had the most mind-blowing effects of the era and the movie and sequels went on to do nearly Star Wars numbers and thus Keanu became the highest paid actor of all time and it's estimated he's spent most of that money funding charities.

He's genuinely unique among celebrities in how selfless and kind he is.

He's such a total mensch he doesn't even show up in fake gossip rags. Not even tabloids can pretend he has a negative quality.

And it's weird praising him because he wouldn't want that. He'd want you to help someone who needs it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

You can not like him or whatever but everything I know ( and having met him) he is a really nice dude.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Not gonna lie, I want to but haven't watched John wick because I know the dog dies and can't bear it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s at the beginningish and you know when it’s coming so you can skip it if you want. But it makes the violence so much better.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Keanu once showed up at a party at my uncle's house and whispered in his ear "be excellent to each other" then vanished.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Jerry Cotton posted:

WTF is wrong with you that you wouldn't kill a zillion Russian mobsters if one of them stole your absolutely cherry '69 Mustang Mach 1 and killed your baby beagle?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

WTF is wrong with you that you wouldn't kill a zillion Russian mobsters if one of them stole your absolutely cherry '69 Mustang Mach 1 and killed your baby beagle?

I don't have a dog.

Or a car.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Jerry Cotton posted:

I don't have a dog.

Or a car.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Adam Driver refuses to watch any of his own work, or listen to recordings of his own voice...cause he's self conscious.

Keanu Reeves did all the ADR for Matrix himself on a palmpilot for free.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Another Fun Keanu Fact:

Despite his over-the-top training in martial arts and firearms (I'll assume you've seen the absolutely nuts behind the scenes videos) Keanu demanded a script change in John Wick 3 where John doesn't kill the dudes from The Raid because in real life they were so much more skilled than him that he thought it would be insulting to their artistry if they were just goons he killed.

Garrand posted:

Not gonna lie, I want to but haven't watched John wick because I know the dog dies and can't bear it.

I'm a huge softie when it comes to dogs and I got mad choked up watching it the first time, but it really makes the insane turbo-violence against these loving soulless goons completely cathartic.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Don't have a gun, either. Which is good because otherwise I'd have to put myself on ignore and that might explode time or something.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Radar Tech Matt

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Them killing John wicks dog is the only acceptable reason for John wicks subsequent murder of like 300 people. If they killed his wife or baby he’d be overreacting but the dog jeez man kill those motherfuckers

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The dog was his wife and baby.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

oldpainless posted:

Them killing John wicks dog is the only acceptable reason for John wicks subsequent murder of like 300 people. If they killed his wife or baby he’d be overreacting but the dog jeez man kill those motherfuckers

This. Completely unironically.

John Matrix went a little overboard blowing up half of California because some dudes kidnapped his daughter just to be dicks.

Bryan Mills was sorta justified in going ham on all of Albania for kidnapping his daughter for sex slavery.

John Wick was entirely justified in shooting all of Russia in the face for killing that puppy.