Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
The most recent arc definitely dragged, but I’d argue that it ended well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
No Kei! That's a deep dark road you're going down!
Violence Action 14

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
mangadex may be down, but that doesn't mean we don't get more Hercules vs Jack

London Bridges broken down and Jack's past is tragic in a twisted manner. But how in the heck did he pull off that feat of severing Herc's arms? micro fillaments of some kind on the clock?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Jack is hosed because he got in a devastating attack that didn't finish off Heracles. Though it's possible there might be a double KO situation due to Heracles' tattoo thing.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
So like Heracles, Jack was born into a very unfavorable situation and worked hard to remedy it, but where Heracles was able to become a mighty warrior and join the Greek Pantheon, Jack ended up sinking into depravity once his reason for living morally turned out to be a giant sham.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Brought To You By posted:

mangadex may be down, but that doesn't mean we don't get more Hercules vs Jack

London Bridges broken down and Jack's past is tragic in a twisted manner. But how in the heck did he pull off that feat of severing Herc's arms? micro fillaments of some kind on the clock?

This was strangely compelling

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

He probably did it with some doctor magic.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Probably wrapped the clock in the filaments, like the other poster implied.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Probably wrapped the clock in the filaments, like the other poster implied.

So he could possibly have turned the clock face into a weaponized yoyo? I hadn't even though of the specifics when I posted that.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So he could possibly have turned the clock face into a weaponized yoyo? I hadn't even though of the specifics when I posted that.

Yeah, basically he likely tricked Heracles by using the filaments to make a "normal" object capable of damaging him.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
If they weren't in a fake London, I'd suggest that everything about Big Ben is legendary enough to count as a holy weapon.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Aw, You Will Hear the Voice of the Dead ended quite abruptly. I enjoyed it a lot...somehow the extremely episodic nature of the stories kept it fresh.

Why does the mangaka always write "hello, I'm Uguisu, I mean Hiyodori Sachiko" in the afterword? Is it their old name, or a reference to something?

Syritta
Jun 28, 2012
Manga Updates lists "UGUISU Sachiko" as her name and "HIYODORI Sachiko" as an alias. I always kind of assume that sort of thing is a joke I'm never really going to be in on

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
I just assume it's a pun that isn't being translated.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Chas McGill posted:

Aw, You Will Hear the Voice of the Dead ended quite abruptly. I enjoyed it a lot...somehow the extremely episodic nature of the stories kept it fresh.

Why does the mangaka always write "hello, I'm Uguisu, I mean Hiyodori Sachiko" in the afterword? Is it their old name, or a reference to something?

It could have gone forever, or just ended, but it was trending towards a resolution when he was told he was the one binding his ghost friend here. And I mean as far as endings go, credit to your boy for entering psychic combat with Cthulhu. Go big or go home, or I suppose go big *and* go home.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

To Your Eternity getting an animated adaption October 2020

https://myanimelist.net/news/58933206

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm catching up with the Slow Motion wo Mou Ichido chapters (hadn't read it in a while) and I like how later he actually talks to one of his classmates and realizes he's a good guy (and this also looks like it'll help Yakushimaru become better at socializing beyond just Ootaki). Before he was honestly kinda a prick who kinda looked down on his acquaintances.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

https://mangadex.org/chapter/785773/1

Meticulously researched capoeira comic Batuque has had a ton of updates and I lost the plot a bit but this new one is something special again and I'm really excited to see what happens next.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I enjoy Bartuque because it's pacing is super fast, it has near constant tone whiplash, and it loves to fake the reader out, which combine to make it remarkably unpredictable (for a fighting manga.)

The running joke where BJ is convinced Rei is a ghost is the best.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Oh it's by the usogui creator I'll have to read it

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
New chapter of To Your Eternity: Fushi is going to, accidentally and only with best intentions in mind, completely gently caress up everything again, isn't he? :ohdear:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
project creep nene

En Family Mook
Apr 29, 2017

So, I'm just gonna go ahead and put a big ol' Content Warning for an extremely frank examination of suicide and abuse but:

The final+bonus chapter of My broken Mariko just went up. Its a pretty short comic that follows a woman in the aftermath of her friend's suicide as she reminisces about their past, wondering what she could have done differently, what she'd say now, and what she needs to do now as she tries to find closure. Obviously its kind of a gut-punch -- really emotional and raw as gently caress -- but I've definitely come away from it feeling pretty positive? Bitter-sweet? Cathartic? I feel its a story that revolves around coming to terms with the past and finding the strength to move on which in my mind makes it inherently optimistic.

Basically what I'm saying is read this if you want to feel like poo poo for a few hours, than text your buds that care about them.

Also no idea if this is Seinen or Josei

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

The greed island arc in Usogui is phenomenal.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Pewdiepie posted:

Absolutely.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Everyone, Murder License Kiba is being updated again

https://mangadex.org/title/20790/murder-license-kiba

its b eing updated at an incredible speed

Ringo Roadagain fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jan 29, 2020

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Ringo Roadagain posted:

I don't know what I was expecting starting this. 80's violence and the Main character diving into a pool in the nude so he can have a conference with the naked prime minister, Prosecutor General, and a cabinet leader. Are you sure this doesn't belong in the surreal thread?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ringo Roadagain posted:

lmao at the part where the leftists hijack the Fukushima reactor (which, if "detonated," would create an explosion 1000x that of Hiroshima!) and the Japanese prime minister quotes Lenin at the left-wing terrorist and the left-wing terrorist, Owning Him With His Own Logic.

edit: I'm hoping that the big naked prime minister features in every chapter

edit2: 6 for 6 on the big naked prime minister so far

edit3:

lmao (spoiled because vaguely NSFW due to nude man without a visible dick)

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jan 29, 2020

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

I don't know what I was expecting starting this. 80's violence and the Main character diving into a pool in the nude so he can have a conference with the naked prime minister, Prosecutor General, and a cabinet leader. Are you sure this doesn't belong in the surreal thread?

i think the funniest part about that is how the three of them sit together on a normal-sized couch

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The politics of this are strange in a way that I imagine is somehow caused by the whole 80s thing. Like at one point he's killing Soviets who are helping some Japanese left-wing terrorist, but then later he's killing people who used to work with Unit 731 (and there's a faction associated with this trying to control the government).

Also every time he transforms from a water to the man, there's pretty much always a scene where someone watches his dick pop up and goes "whaaaat?!"

edit: hahahahha James Bond just showed up

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jan 30, 2020

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i think the funniest part about that is how the three of them sit together on a normal-sized couch

No, the funniest part is telling the Prosecutor General that he shouldn't be shriveling up in the presence of all these naked guys. Because everyone is baring it all as an act of solidarity. Thank you Ringo for dropping this link.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I like how he won the most recent fight by getting hit by lightning and then just kinda falling on the guy.

The big naked boys on the couch is the best thing. I like how pretty much every man except for Kiba is built like some sort of sumo wrestler.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Lt. Lizard posted:

New chapter of To Your Eternity: Fushi is going to, accidentally and only with best intentions in mind, completely gently caress up everything again, isn't he? :ohdear:

Hm. I have two questions, basically:

1. Can Fushi in fact still revive these people? He can make bodies sure, but their ghosts probably aren't still around.
2. If he can, do they even still want that? Marche killed herself to be with Fushi so she might, but most of the others went on with their lives and died in peace, save the dude who boozed himself out and Gugu.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Fushi: "Cool, now the world is at peace. Better resurrect all my friends! I'm sure this won't be a big deal to the current world."

World: :stare:

Sindai fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jan 30, 2020

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pewdiepie posted:

:agreed:

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Pewdiepie posted:

what chapter does it start?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Vesi posted:

what chapter does it start?

325 or so.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The way he wins the finger gamble loving owned.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'm so glad its being translated after sitting there for years not being so despite how much it owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
We are finally in the home stretch for the current fight in Shuumatsu no Valkyrie. Jack vs Heracles, a competition between a man consumed by his hedonism and despair vs the man who became a god. Although the story has failed to address how Heracles can be so pro human but the first chapter states that the vote to destroy humanity was unanimous.

Jack is quite literally the master of the bad touch. I should have believed the early theories that all of London was his weapon because holy crap he is cheating with that Volund.