Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Captain Jesus posted:

John Wick is boring as gently caress. Three movies about a guy who is so good that he not only beats, but specifically kills every person that challenges him. It's a series for insecure white men who fantasize about murdering anybody who slighted them in real life and who are powerless to do anything about it.

lotta dog‐killer apologia itt

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 12:56 on Jan 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
The first JW was entertaining enough before the sequels turned it into some Underworld-style universe where everyone is an assassin.

I love Keanu Reeves but it was hilarious watching Halle Berry act her way through a heartfelt monologue only to have his lines be a grunted one-word reply.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hardon Crime posted:

this poo poo sucks

IMHO cosplaying as BeatmasterJ's bathroom is p cool!

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

John whack would have been a better name.

Cuz he's a hitman you see.

He kills (whacks) people. Also he punches (whacks) a lot of people. Also he is pretty cool (whack).

Also imagine like these serious underworld bosses and illuminati level hitmen go "it's John whack" that would just sound silly (whack).

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

More like John Wank lmao gottem

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's basically a superhero series anyway
It absolutely is.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's basically a superhero series anyway

John Wick is a superhero series in the same way that the Fast and Furious movies are superhero movies; in that, they absolutely 100% are and that's OK.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Hardon Crime posted:

this poo poo sucks

Yes, quoting sleeveless or even reading his bullshit at all does suck. Thanks for the reminder.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Stoatbringer posted:

Equilibrium is sort of the opposite of Wick. Super gun guy is slaughtering everybody around him in nicely choreographed fight scenes but then meets a cute puppy and decides killing is bad.

it's also the opposite in the sense that it's a very good movie. Equilibrium should be more popular/renowned than the matrix too, because they did everything the Matrix did, but better :colbert:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

You should really watch it again some time. It has not aged nearly as well as you seem to think

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

mind the walrus posted:

You should really watch it again some time. It has not aged nearly as well as you seem to think

I watch it roughly once a month.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I watch it roughly once a month.

More like "yeah my taste in movies is rear end"

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

More like "yeah my taste in movies is rear end"

you are what you eat

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I am still not buying that "in the future, police will be able to mathematically predict the position of all members of a group of shooters and kill them all with blind one-shots, in every possible law enforcement situation, 100% of which are 'a bunch of criminals lie in wait in a dark room to ambush a cop'" is intended as a serious premise and not some kind of elaborate deadpan gag

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Data Graham posted:

I am still not buying that "in the future, police will be able to mathematically predict the position of all members of a group of shooters and kill them all with blind one-shots, in every possible law enforcement situation, 100% of which are 'a bunch of criminals lie in wait in a dark room to ambush a cop'" is intended as a serious premise and not some kind of elaborate deadpan gag

did you not see the instructional diagrams mathematically proving it is real?

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
Suspension of disbelief is dead.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Okay, you can criticize the acting and the writing and the production values all you want, but you are not talking poo poo about gunkata

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I WANNA TALK ABOUT TITANIC NOW, THATS A GOOD MOBIE

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

N. Senada posted:

I WANNA TALK ABOUT TITANIC NOW, THATS A GOOD MOBIE

Titanic 2-9 featuring Rose murdering large oceanic vessels, all part of a secret cabal responsible for killing Jack.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

beanieson posted:

Titanic 2-9 featuring Rose murdering large oceanic vessels icebergs through global warming, all part of a secret cabal responsible for killing Jack.

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
And that's only phase one of the "dramatised tragedies" expanded universe

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
In Titanic X, Rose realises that she was the one who killed Jack by not letting him onto the raft.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The series jumped the shark when Titanic 3.0 went back in time and teamed up with the Hindenburg to fight the original iceberg.

The first burg/berg joke was funny but they just kept making those one liners for the whole third act and it killed the dramatic tension

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Burg/berg jokes are never not funny :colbert:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
"sink this"

"You took Jack, i'll take your life...boat"

"ice-berg to meet you"

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Old Rose nude on a couch getting a portrait made and the camera pulls back to reveal she's in the World Trade Center and it's the morning of September 11th, 2001.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Old Rose nude on a couch getting a portrait made and the camera pulls back to reveal she's in the World Trade Center and it's the morning of September 11th, 2001.

Except it’s the alt timeline where the high jackers crashed the Hindenburg into the towers.

“Here we go again,” Rose says as she racks a shotgun

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

when did the meme thread turn into the RLM thread

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I thought the sentient swarm of crabs was a really cool idea and the cgi looked fantastic, I was disappointed when they brought Amelia Earhart back as a human for the sequel

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Basticle posted:

The rlm thread is every thread now because the rlm thread is the star wars thread.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Basticle posted:

CHILD: I want memes
MOTHER: you have humor at home
THE HUMOR AT HOME: *this loving derail*

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
You know what's a good wholesome movie without a single dog dying?

Suspiria

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
I'm 15 minutes into The Lobster, there's the cutest dog in it, I hope there's more scenes with the good boy.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

qed

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I want to see a John Wick movie where he goes after the creators of Milo and Otis for the many many dead dogs and cats.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
John Wick fights Ogden Edsl for making light of dead puppies.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

LifeSunDeath posted:

I want to see a John Wick movie where he goes after the creators of Milo and Otis for the many many dead dogs and cats.

Oh goddamn it

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

beanieson posted:

Except it’s the alt timeline where the high jackers crashed the Hindenburg into the towers.
I see you've encounted Tom Kratman's science fiction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!

Heath posted:

You know what's a good wholesome movie without a single dog dying?

Suspiria

It's a really good Mother's Day movie.