Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

unmeidestiny
Sep 25, 2009

surely this will destroy bernie!!! lamo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my biggest voting issue is just the candidate not being on camera sexually harassing multiple people

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Chillgamesh posted:

BERNIE SANDERS: We can afford free-at-the-point-of-service Medicare for All by abolishing private insurance and imposing a modest tax on the most well-off Americans.

JOE ROGAN:

:hmmyes:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

freckle posted:

gently caress you

turn on you are monitor ya rootin' tootin' rear end binch

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
do they have a video of liz warren being a republican on camera in 1994

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Chillgamesh posted:

BERNIE SANDERS: We can afford free-at-the-point-of-service Medicare for All by abolishing private insurance and imposing a modest tax on the most well-off Americans.

JOE ROGAN:

unmeidestiny
Sep 25, 2009

that's not even NEW oppo, we knew about this already

also this was the democratic position at the time so it's not really usable as an attack by anyone who'd get any benefit out of it. Biden can't use it

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Bernie probably isn't bringing Rogan and his followers to the light of Marxism Leninism but exposure to libs online most certainly will

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Could it be... Bernie Sanders???

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i got into an argument yesterday with this rich guy that thought it's okay to pay garbage wages because you can just get another job.

he called me 'loving crazy' when i told him his investment account is literal theft from the working class. he couldn't articulate why i was wrong though so i tallied it as a win

gently caress that guy

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
to quote him on what labor value investment provides: "you're taking risk"

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Dolphin posted:

to quote him on what labor value investment provides "you're taking risk"

love to put myself at risk by gambling with other people's money

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Dolphin posted:

to quote him on what labor value investment provides: "you're taking risk"

I'm taking a risk allowing someone else to control my ability to make a living for their own benefit, so loving what?

I just really loving hate that argument

e: like, gently caress, the midwest is known as the rust belt, and west virginia is a shithole, in both cases because "someone who was just taking a risk" up and abandoned all of the people who depended on them. using "i'm taking a risk so I deserve a chance to profit" is both incredibly stupid in a "why does taking a risk deserve a chance to profit" sense(which can be somewhat explained by the economic system, but then you have to justify the economic system, which never happens), but also it's incredibly stupid in a "you're not the only person taking a risk" sense. gently caress it in every way

TeenageArchipelago has issued a correction as of 17:57 on Jan 26, 2020

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
you made the mistake of arguing with the rich guy instead of telling him to gently caress off

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Just wanted to say this thread gets better and better each day

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dolphin posted:

i got into an argument yesterday with this rich guy that thought it's okay to pay garbage wages because you can just get another job.

he called me 'loving crazy' when i told him his investment account is literal theft from the working class. he couldn't articulate why i was wrong though so i tallied it as a win

gently caress that guy

next time make sure to call it "unearned income" which is the proper IRS designation for it

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
https://twitter.com/DrJasonJohnson/status/1221470923594833927?s=20

I cannot express to you how succ the Bernie writeup in this article is

He's #7, by the way

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Pete is #3

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I love the risk argument

it's not like you're brutally executed or exiled if everything goes under, at worst you just become a laborer who has to work for a living, aka the people being robbed

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

He's #7, by the way

RIP in advance to the black Bernie supporters in this thread and their massive rage aneurysms

unmeidestiny
Sep 25, 2009

as a white guy to me it really seems like The Root is for white people or maybe just a real thin segment of PMC black people

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

again, like i said in the trump thread. the only difference between this guy and the people like him and people that argue about the primaries on SA is one is getting paid and one is not lmao

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

He's #7, by the way

The root is Gawker media right?

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Venom Snake posted:

again, like i said in the trump thread. the only difference between this guy and the people like him and people that argue about the primaries on SA is one is getting paid and one is not lmao

what do you mean by that? like, us arguing on SA and him posting poo poo online both don't matter, but he's getting paid for it?

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

150cc of psilocybinic power

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Just wanted to say this thread gets better and better each day

I was reading every post most days until the last debate. Now there's like 1200 posts a day, this thread is fuckin tearing rear end right now.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a new candidate has appeared

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

RIP in advance to the black Bernie supporters in this thread and their massive rage aneurysms

it's for that one guy you know who is into self-improvement poo poo and capitalizing excellence

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

TeenageArchipelago posted:

what do you mean by that? like, us arguing on SA and him posting poo poo online both don't matter, but he's getting paid for it?

this stuff isn't that hard to dig up, half the poo poo iv seen on twitter was being used as ammunition in the 2015-2016 succ war on these very forums.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
The root is a parody at this point.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Epic High Five posted:

next time make sure to call it "unearned income" which is the proper IRS designation for it
pretty sure this would have been earth shattering for this guy and I'm kinda angry i didn't think of it

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
That's some stupid loving oppo because if it's supposed to make Sanders look like some Tough on Crime Thirdwayocrat, that just makes him look more like the rest of the candidate field, but nobody on the left is gonna cancel him over that poo poo when the alternative is Elizabeth "I think criminals should be in prison forever" Warren

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

spacemang_spliff posted:

The root is Gawker media right?

the private equity assholes that bought the sites killed splinter and deadspin for their politics but kept the root around

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

if anybody was wondering where Bloomberg’s campaign money goes, like 9/10 of the ads I’ve seen on YouTube videos lately are his.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Dolphin posted:

do they have a video of liz warren being a republican on camera in 1994

There must be Federalist Society or other CHUD organization footage out there.

amaru_chulla
Sep 3, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/johnnyriles/status/1221468951693209604

gaze into the succ

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

That's some stupid loving oppo because if it's supposed to make Sanders look like some Tough on Crime Thirdwayocrat, that just makes him look more like the rest of the candidate field, but nobody on the left is gonna cancel him over that poo poo when the alternative is Elizabeth "I think criminals should be in prison forever" Warren

there's also the alternative of staying home and not voting in the primary. it's still stupid and ineffectual but the idea is to depress bernie turnout, not push another specific candidate on them

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

the private equity assholes that bought the sites killed splinter and deadspin for their politics but kept the root around

how odd

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Shear Modulus posted:

lmao

no wonder Bernie is #7

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/deep_2_left/status/1221141395907534848?s=21

Jesus gently caress we need Bernie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

pretty sus indeed