Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pelao
Apr 21, 2010

comingafteryouall posted:

You have to use the item that the Exile drops

Well now I feel foolish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

(Minor) NGU Cards request: Would be nice if you could see your accumulated Tier bonuses somewhere, preferably in the Cards menu?

Also, wouldn't mind that character-limit in the XP menu custom inputs being raised, or a "Purchase Amount = Base Power/Cap/Bars" being added.

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
having that big gap in the main menu is very rude to the autistic/OCD players of your game, which, considering the genre, is 99.9%

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I'm so close to spoiling myself on the Beast stuff, I am not much for putting effort into these puzzles. Imagine that I posted the "I just wanna frickin grill" image but it's just me wanting to watch my number go up faster without these drat words getting in the way

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Edgar is the perfect pet to complement Lemmiwinks, ..if the item name or description had changed. :mad: This is unacceptable, something!

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
For wandoo's XL, do your stats grow exponentially with it?

I'm rusty with my maths, but because it's ^1.05, does that means the bonus it keeps getting significantly larger the longer it runs? Though presumably what limits its growth is the time it takes to get a single level in it via magic/energy.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
It's not exponential - that would be it was some number raised to the power of how many levels you had. Raising it to the power of 1.05 is still just polynomial.

Note that Wandoos was already polynomial - since you're multiplying your energy and magic levels together, it's quadratic before you take the explicit power into account. It still climbs slower (in relative terms) as it gets bigger though - doubling the number of levels you have takes about twice as long as you've already spent, but will only multiply your bonus by a fixed amount.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
Non-endgame NGU question: I just got enough to go to Evil mode, anything I need to do before going there? I assume I can go back or is it a one-way street?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Falcon2001 posted:

Non-endgame NGU question: I just got enough to go to Evil mode, anything I need to do before going there? I assume I can go back or is it a one-way street?

you can hop back, but changing difficulties rests your NUMBER and stored banks like if you were starting a challenge

its recommended though that you finish off all the Normal challenges except the last few 24 hour runs and No Time Machine past 5. (Enough to get the digger slot)

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Falcon2001 posted:

Clearing everything so you don't have to go back is also completely possible. The challenge times should still be under a few hours each. It will slow you going into Evil by at least a day most likely to grab all but you also don't have to go back for half a day in a few months and reset all your banks.

You can combine doing them when you do some Evil challenges since your NUMBER and banks have already been reset for that, do note one really annoying thing if you do this, to switch difficulties you have to start a non challenge run and wait 3 minutes before you can start a challenge in that difficulty due to the rebirth timer.

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

:hmmyes:

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Already have a gold-foil Spicy Sexlax's Hatred Kitty :smug:

(It's Meh, Daycare Speed and 7 Mayo to cast so don't get too excited)

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

This is a solid joke.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

This is one of those jokes that part of the humor is the experience. First you read the title and it doesn't really make any sense. Then you look at the picture, confused as to why it's mostly empty. You realize you're looking at a tiny hammer, no, a regular sized hammer that's in the background. The pun seeps into your mind as the pieces fit together. Dopamine floods your system. Everything is going to be okay.

It's like when I ask people "What's the difference between a chickpea and a garbanzo bean?"

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

SynthesisAlpha posted:

This is one of those jokes that part of the humor is the experience. First you read the title and it doesn't really make any sense. Then you look at the picture, confused as to why it's mostly empty. You realize you're looking at a tiny hammer, no, a regular sized hammer that's in the background. The pun seeps into your mind as the pieces fit together. Dopamine floods your system. Everything is going to be okay.

It's like when I ask people "What's the difference between a chickpea and a garbanzo bean?"

IN all honestly I didn't get at first and took the screen shot to report a bug. The screen shot of the card was much larger then tin game and it went from a weird grep blob to a hammer shape. It dawned on me right then.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

SynthesisAlpha posted:

and then there's Mjol-near.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Mjol-eeeeeever you aaare

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Once you have a card in your deck, you can either cast it, which gets rid of it but adds the bonus to your permanent card bonus, yeet it, which just get's rid of it, or "protect" it, so that you don't accidentally yeet it until you can cast it right? There is no mechanic of combing cards or upgrade cards you already have or anything like that.

e: Also woot, I can almost idle rad-lands :krad:

ate shit on live tv fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jan 26, 2020

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

Falcon2001 posted:

I just started Evil today, too. Oh god everything is awful again.

I'm doing all the Basic challenges now for the 50% adventure boost, think I'm gonna need it to make progress in Evilverse easier.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Once you have a card in your deck, you can either cast it, which gets rid of it but adds the bonus to your permanent card bonus, yeet it, which just get's rid of it, or "protect" it, so that you don't accidentally yeet it until you can cast it right? There is no mechanic of combing cards or upgrade cards you already have or anything like that.

e: Also woot, I can almost idle rad-lands :krad:

in the next/future update i'll add some upgrades that give a slight bonus to yeeting cards in the form of advancing the cardspawn timer/gaining progress on specific mayo bars

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Phelddagrif posted:

I just started Evil today, too. Oh god everything is awful again.

I'm doing all the Basic challenges now for the 50% adventure boost, think I'm gonna need it to make progress in Evilverse easier.

do the first then invest in the first 4 tiers of beard and advanced training banks and keep running AT in 24 hour rebirth until you clear the Nerd

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

do the first then invest in the first 4 tiers of beard and advanced training banks and keep running AT in 24 hour rebirth until you clear the Nerd

This is what I'm at the tail end of, and I should finally kill boss 125 a week after entering evil.

The discord folks seem adamant about focusing on ITOPOD + AT to rush nerd, possibly skipping EV and maxx PPPL. Maybe it's a great plan, but I couldn't help farming both zones a bit.

Request to 4G: buff the "both boots" item from EV. Compared to the Stealthiest Chest, which has a similar unlock mechanic, it's utter trash in quality.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I知 finally getting to the point where I can auto kill the nerd, so of course I知 also reaching a point where my number remains static after a 24 hour rebirth, meaning that I知 kinda stuck on progress for a while.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Till 4G adds a proper in-game bestiary for ITOPOD, here have the enemies as imgur albums instead:

S1: https://imgur.com/a/k0LaLqW
S2: https://imgur.com/a/FJF1htY
S3: The Dinosauring: https://imgur.com/a/x8C6jwM

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
What was NGU, really, before Musluk's art came along?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Unponderable posted:

What was NGU, really, before Musluk's art came along?

A miserable pile of imagination.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
just numbers, sliders, and actually lovely ms paint art

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
So none of the adventure zones after JRPG zone drop boosts? That kind of sucks :/

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

So none of the adventure zones after JRPG zone drop boosts? That kind of sucks :/

They do. Although it doesn't really matter because the best way to get boosts is the ITOPOD anyway. When you're actually in a zone for anything other than quest drops, it's way before you can one shot anything there so boosts come incredibly slowly. And if you don't need anything from the zone, why are you idling there instead of in the ITOPOD?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Personally, I maxxed out the Evilverse and Princess sets before hitting the Nerd. As a consequence, I was able to auto-kill the nerd basically the second I reached him.

But, you know, I don't really claim to be optimal here. I also haven't even finished my evil basic challenges because I'm lazy and they were taking me about 1.5 hours per.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Do the stats like Aug Speed/NGU Speed/TM etc, just decrease the amount of E/M requried to max them out, or do they actually increase the speed of those things? Right now with a trillion energy each I can cap out all of my advanced trainings and augments except the last two. I'm wondering if Aug Speed from cards would actually help.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Arzaac posted:

Personally, I maxxed out the Evilverse and Princess sets before hitting the Nerd. As a consequence, I was able to auto-kill the nerd basically the second I reached him.

But, you know, I don't really claim to be optimal here. I also haven't even finished my evil basic challenges because I'm lazy and they were taking me about 1.5 hours per.

This was also my experience. Mainly because my A/D wasn't being focused on.

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

Does the random +to speed bonuses (Time Machine, Augmentations, NGU etc) actually do anything if you're already able to cap them out?

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

MrTargetPractice posted:

Does the random +to speed bonuses (Time Machine, Augmentations, NGU etc) actually do anything if you're already able to cap them out?

Reduces how much you need to cap them. Also, TM, Augs, and NGU keep gradually requiring more Energy and/or Magic to cap as they increase in level, so you can keep them capped longer.

Eternalmajin
Apr 5, 2009

something posted:

hey open request to those with cards unlocked to please post yer best/funniest randomly generated cards

tia

Having a 15 month old, I think I have a few of these around the house.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Meinberg posted:

I知 finally getting to the point where I can auto kill the nerd, so of course I知 also reaching a point where my number remains static after a 24 hour rebirth, meaning that I知 kinda stuck on progress for a while.

I'll be there soon -- I am completely unclear what game elements allow further progress once that happens. Can more advanced folks who give a quick primer on where the stats "come from" to push past boss #125?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Cobalt60 posted:

I'll be there soon -- I am completely unclear what game elements allow further progress once that happens. Can more advanced folks who give a quick primer on where the stats "come from" to push past boss #125?

I知 pretty bad at the game, but around there decently leveled fruits of power and gold diggers were what got me through to 150.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Mostly you just keep pushing NGUs up.

If you're only just at autokilling nerd v1, you're a long way from having the adventure stats for meta lands, so there's not really any reason to push bosses super hard. Just keep doing 24hrs and stacking those fruit/blood/beard/guffin bonuses.

I guess at some point you'll be able to switch to wandoos meh, that'll give you a bit of a bump.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
Does the Still Beating Heart item have a completion bonus? Nothing is listed in the item list....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

There is no completion bonus. There is also nothing for consuming it at level 100.