Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
does the status effect stack 5.35 times or is there a DPS cap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

I don’t care if it makes me a conspiracy nut, I’m betting this is a population-control bioweapon. Someone in the Chinese govt. looked at the climate data, decided they didn’t want their kids and grandkids to live in underground vaults, and ‘accidentally’ released the Boomer Genocide virus.

"Someone doesn't have to weaponize the bird flu — the birds are doing that." - morpheus

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
anyone know where I can catch a pos cough load so my immunosystem builds up a resistance before this thing mutates and causes people to poo poo out their brains or whatever?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Minrad posted:

anyone know where I can catch a pos cough load so my immunosystem builds up a resistance before this thing mutates and causes people to poo poo out their brains or whatever?

Hang out in an international airport for a while, be sure to lick any surface you can.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Minrad posted:

so I did some googling and it turns out this has a lot in common with the, er, common cold. is this whole thing just a buncha overblown baloney to sabotage the iowa primaries?

yeah this thread is doing a number on me because I keep rapidly oscillating between extreme panic and thinking that, since I don’t already have any serious health problems, I’ll probably be ok if I just take care of myself.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Zil posted:

Hang out in an international airport for a while, be sure to lick any surface you can.

yeah this. just be like tom hanks character in the terminal but licking all surfaces for sustenance and delicious virii

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Yeah, I know it’s not actually man made, this thing just seems almost tailor made for my Mom (her lungs are real hosed up) and irony/conspiracy poo poo/probably-ineffectual impulse buys are all I can do to cope :(

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

christmas boots posted:

yeah this thread is doing a number on me because I keep rapidly oscillating between extreme panic and thinking that, since I don’t already have any serious health problems, I’ll probably be ok if I just take care of myself.
just start planning out what you'll do with your 2 week sickday vacation, if when you catch it. maybe finish the witcher 3 or stockpile some tv shows you've been meaning to catch up and binge on

unless you're a morbidly obese couch potato whose wheezing just walking around or pre-existing lung problems, or over 60, you'll be fine. at least as far as we currently know, and assuming it doesn't mutate (seems unlikely to drastically change)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

christmas boots posted:

yeah for the record I don't think this will lead to Black Death, 97% of us will be just fine. I'm just having fun with it, because, like, A R0 OF FIVE POINT FORTY SEVEN HOLY LMAO

Also this has the chance to trigger the economic crash we've been posting about for years in the Doomsday Economics thread. China basically shutting down for an entire month is going to have loads of knock-on effects lol and might finally lead to all the other precarious structures crumbling down. Or it might not!

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

if someone quotes you so have a yellow post that means you now have the coronavirus and i have given it to you :rip:

time to dust off and repurpose the ol' forums cancer buttons

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

SKULL.GIF posted:

yeah for the record I don't think this will lead to Black Death, 97% of us will be just fine. I'm just having fun with it, because, like, A R0 OF FIVE POINT FORTY SEVEN HOLY LMAO

Also this has the chance to trigger the economic crash we've been posting about for years in the Doomsday Economics thread. China basically shutting down for an entire month is going to have loads of knock-on effects lol and might finally lead to all the other precarious structures crumbling down. Or it might not!

yeah this. i'm fully in doomer it's not getting contained mentality and i guarantee most everyone of us is going to catch it by the end of the year, but even if death toll is artificially suppressed and to 95%, that's primarily going to be obese/olde/lung-immune compromised type (probably the all 3 wombo-combo)

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SKULL.GIF posted:

maybe

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

SKULL.GIF posted:

horny is prohibited

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

So I just got off the phone with my friend who lives in Wuhan. Apparently she's come down with a cough and she's pretty sure she's got coronavirus, HOWEVER she's been locked in her room for over a week now and went in for some vaccine shot boosters about a month ago before this whole thing kicked off. I'm starting to think the theories about this being a government superweapon are real.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Minrad posted:

So I just got off the phone with my friend who lives in Wuhan. Apparently she's come down with a cough and she's pretty sure she's got coronavirus, HOWEVER she's been locked in her room for over a week now and went in for some vaccine shot boosters about a month ago before this whole thing kicked off. I'm starting to think the theories about this being a government superweapon are real.

two week incubation period so being locked in your room for a week is meaningless.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Just checked and Wuhan is on the other side of the planet, we're fine guys.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

RandomBlue posted:

Just checked and Wuhan is on the other side of the planet, we're fine guys.

whoops planes

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
i just talked to my uncle at the ccdc and he confirmed it's actually ancient eldritch horrors sending up plagues from within the confines of the hollow earth lizard domain

stay safe ya'll, draw chalk circles around your chair

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

Minrad posted:

The virus was spreading from before a week ago. If she really got it, she would have been infected about 14 days ago. Its two weeks until symptoms show.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Judakel posted:

whoops planes

we're not in a plane either, we're good.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

nefarious chinese politician: how about we intentionally inject our own population with a rapid spreading relatively low mortality virus to overload our hospitals, bring our economy to a screeching halt and cause a lost in trust in our leadership by foreign governmetns and our own people.... muahahaha. the perfect plan.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

don't quote me on this but I hear that lizard people are immune to the fish flu so maybe they are related to it's development/spread? keep you posted

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Xaris posted:

i just talked to my uncle at the ccdc and he confirmed it's actually ancient eldritch horrors sending up plagues from within the confines of the hollow earth lizard domain

stay safe ya'll, draw chalk circles around your chair

just lol if ur postin station is not constantly warded by dark rite against at MINIMUM third level malevolent entities as standard operating procedure

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

nefarious chinese politician: how about we intentionally inject our own population with a rapid spreading relatively low mortality virus to overload our hospitals, bring our economy to a screeching halt and cause a lost in trust in our leadership by foreign governmetns and our own people.... muahahaha. the perfect plan.

wow that's hosed up i can't believe bernie would do that

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Minrad posted:

vaccines aren't real and your friend was injected with the virus, hth

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

clearly the whole thing is a punishment from allah for how the chinese government is treating his followers

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

it's truly inscrutable

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

___________/

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

it seems very unlikely to me that the chinese government could engineer a weaponized coronavirus. they are complex RNA viruses for which the mechanism of pathogenesis is at best incompletely understood. maybe it is possible, but i doubt it.

i sat on a warm toilet seat in haneda airport last night without disinfecting it, gonna go play some bingo

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
IMHO,

it's p loving funny that we're all going to die due to magic boner meat

EDIT: Undercooked magic boner meat

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

What's the practical use of a bioweapon that takes at least 2 weeks to incapacitate a host and mostly kills a modest percentage of olds so it is insanely difficult to contain

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Slippery Nipple posted:

it seems very unlikely to me that the chinese government could engineer a weaponized coronavirus. they are complex RNA viruses for which the mechanism of pathogenesis is at best incompletely understood. maybe it is possible, but i doubt it.

i sat on a warm toilet seat in haneda airport last night without disinfecting it, gonna go play some bingo

the toilet seats in japan warm themselves dont worry it wasnt someone elses rear end warmth

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Mrs. Dash posted:

The virus was spreading from before a week ago. If she really got it, she would have been infected about 14 days ago. Its two weeks until symptoms show.

Well she said over a week so i took that to mean at least 15 days, long enough that she can't possibly have gotten it unless it was injected in her. Or so she said.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

dont doxx me

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I'm just glad the virus doesn't make you poo poo yourself

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

I don’t care if it makes me a conspiracy nut, I’m betting this is a population-control bioweapon. Someone in the Chinese govt. looked at the climate data, decided they didn’t want their kids and grandkids to live in underground vaults, and ‘accidentally’ released the Boomer Genocide virus.

me, looking at coronavirus: oh yeah that's totally engineered to kill people

me, looking at malaria, the disease with the highest kill count: pff weak rear end nature, this disease is a joke.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Vishass posted:

What's the practical use of a bioweapon that takes at least 2 weeks to incapacitate a host and mostly kills a modest percentage of olds so it is insanely difficult to contain

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

U-DO Burger posted:

vaccines aren't real and your friend was injected with the virus, hth

see that's what I suspected. I've cut off contact so that I don't catch it over the phone (?? is this possible)

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

idiocracy with chinese characteristics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Vishass posted:

social destabilization