Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Talkin bout Journey to the Line reminded me of this interesting article/interview with Zimmer:

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/q/blog/how-hans-zimmer-s-the-thin-red-line-score-redefined-hollywood-for-better-or-worse-1.4474661

Basically it is his blessing and curse because everyone wants to use it or recreate it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

So apparently the trailer is about to drop and those who've seen it are thrilled.

My eyes are ready. Deliver unto me so they may turn blue, or die trying!

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I hate to poop on anyone's salad but what I read is that they just finished principal photography and showed some raw footage without effects and some cast interviews to industry bigwigs. Not a trailer.

On the plus side they did say what they saw looked incredible even at this stage.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

on a related note I think I've unconsciously been trying to recreate Paul's hairstyle (and not succeeding) for years

You tried and failed?

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Poor water discipline with all the leaks

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

u brexit ukip it posted:

You tried and failed?

They tried and dyed

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

davidspackage posted:

They tried and dyed

:golfclap:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

davidspackage posted:

They tried and dyed

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

priznat posted:

Talkin bout Journey to the Line reminded me of this interesting article/interview with Zimmer:

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/q/blog/how-hans-zimmer-s-the-thin-red-line-score-redefined-hollywood-for-better-or-worse-1.4474661

Basically it is his blessing and curse because everyone wants to use it or recreate it

Interesting. I never really put together how similar it is to Time from Inception, but both are compelling for very similar reasons.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

priznat posted:

That is an extremely poorly researched and written piece, but I agree.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

So apparently the trailer is about to drop and those who've seen it are thrilled.

Be silent, boy! Post one single word and...you die. I'm an old goon but I can still move quick. Still your hands on your keyboard. Shitposting is for animals.

Heather Papps
Nov 1, 2007

hello friend

Anne Frank Funk posted:

Poor water discipline with all the leaks

the internet teaches the way of the nerd, reading a spoiler and saying "now it's ruined, because i read this, here."

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Imagined posted:

I hate to poop on anyone's salad but what I read is that they just finished principal photography and showed some raw footage without effects and some cast interviews to industry bigwigs. Not a trailer.

On the plus side they did say what they saw looked incredible even at this stage.

The first screenings and the wrap on principal photography are usually right about when a teaser drops. That's why the teaser needs SFX to finish those shots ahead of schedule and you often have a look that is different from the final version. Like, oh, I don't know, Alita.

Heather Papps
Nov 1, 2007

hello friend

as jaded as i am, a 30 second teaser with good music, a good font, shots of the desert and a voiceover saying "fear... fear is the mind killer" would give me a full body nergasm

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Heather Papps posted:

as jaded as i am, a 30 second teaser with good music, a good font, shots of the desert and a voiceover saying "fear... fear is the mind killer" would give me a full body nergasm

....I heard "Fear....Fear is the mind killer" in the voice from Fallout of " War...War never changes" and now I want that voice over so bad.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Ron Perlman would have made a great gurney or rabban a decade ago.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

"This Christmas... the Jihad you have been waiting for..."

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

kiimo posted:

The first screenings and the wrap on principal photography are usually right about when a teaser drops. That's why the teaser needs SFX to finish those shots ahead of schedule and you often have a look that is different from the final version. Like, oh, I don't know, Alita.

Alita teaser rocked my world. I was all in from moment one. GIVE ME DUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNEEEEE

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Fried Watermelon posted:

"This Christmas... the Jihad you have been waiting for..."

At least there will be something to look forward to after this horribly anxious election season, which has been jihad on my nerves and sleep schedule

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Heather Papps posted:

the internet teaches the way of the nerd, reading a spoiler and saying "now it's ruined, because i read this, here."

Lmao

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

i can't be spoiled on dune, i've already witnessed it in my dreams, i've foreseen it's terrible purpose for my wallet

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hover your mouse on that spoiler tag you dare not look you'll see me staring back at you

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I found a hardback of God Emperor at a thrift store the other day. I think I have another hard back copy of God Emperor that I found while cleaning out a house.

Never hurts to have an extra copy to give out, though.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Haven't kept up much with the news of the movie(s), can anyone here quickly confirm that they're doing two movies and a following mini-serie? I assume also they're restarting from scratch and completely disregarding everything done with the Lynch movie, considering how much of a fail it was at the times. Basically basing it on the book and not remaking the movie or any scenes in it.

Been re-reading the books, and I'll prob give Lynch a try to refresh my memory of what was done with the content. There's like 3 versions of it? What's the better one?

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

StarMinstrel posted:

Haven't kept up much with the news of the movie(s), can anyone here quickly confirm that they're doing two movies and a following mini-serie? I assume also they're restarting from scratch and completely disregarding everything done with the Lynch movie, considering how much of a fail it was at the times. Basically basing it on the book and not remaking the movie or any scenes in it.

Been re-reading the books, and I'll prob give Lynch a try to refresh my memory of what was done with the content. There's like 3 versions of it? What's the better one?

Kinda, we have just the films confirmed so far:

Dune (2020)
Dune 2: Duner (2022)
Dun3: Water Matter (not much, water matter with you?) (2024)
Dune 4: Sietchcoming (2026)
Dune reboot: Rise of Cybertrex (my fever dreams)

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

"It's okay. I wouldn't remember me either."
There is also a Bene Gesserit spinoff but I don't know if its a prequel or whatever. I'm assuming its whatever dark pact they made to keep the failson away from the movie.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

Evek posted:

There is also a Bene Gesserit spinoff but I don't know if its a prequel or whatever. I'm assuming its whatever dark pact they made to keep the failson away from the movie.

From what I have heard, I would be extremely surprised to see this made in any manner other than perfunctory.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Evek posted:

It's like when Marge made a second cake with random sugar letters on it to keep Homer away from the birthday cake.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's like when Marge made a second cake with random sugar letters on it to keep Homer away from the birthday cake.

LMAO

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

You mean it's not Paulo's birthday?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Wormsign?

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Evek posted:

It's this and if it's anything better than this, hey, great.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It would rule if the Bene Gesserit spinoff fired failson during the conception.

Because I want a good Bene Gesserit spinoff.

remote control carnivore
May 7, 2009

drunkill posted:

Wormsign?

The likes of which only god has seen

Heather Papps
Nov 1, 2007

hello friend

so i moved about a month ago, and was doing some unpacking, found some treasures i'd forgotten about!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Heather Papps posted:

so i moved about a month ago, and was doing some unpacking, found some treasures i'd forgotten about!

This is the first time I’m learning those even exist. That’s awesome.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

They’re pretty rad especially the artwork for Paul tripping balls on the water of life. A friend had these when I was a kid!

Heather Papps
Nov 1, 2007

hello friend

Ugly In The Morning posted:

oh boy i wish i still had the "dune: the movie: the childrens picture book" i had...

priznat posted:

They’re pretty rad especially the artwork for Paul tripping balls on the water of life. A friend had these when I was a kid!

i'm gonna take some more pictures today, then maybe take the time to orient them properly and scale em down a bit.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Heather Papps posted:

oh boy i wish i still had the "dune: the movie: the childrens picture book" i had...

i'm gonna take some more pictures today, then maybe take the time to orient them properly and scale em down a bit.

Definitely do, I bet there are a ton of potential avs in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

This article's from a week ago so sorry if it's been posted.

https://cosmicbook.news/dune-footage-reactions-trailer

Trailer dropping "soon". And man that is one glowing review.

Also I need to find my Dune trading cards for y'all. I bought two packs at a flea market like 20 years ago, one I opened and one I kept sealed just in case I could get mad bank for them one day. Or, y'know, wanted a 36 year old piece of gum.