Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Framboise posted:

lowtax you should go look at cool cat paintings too!
I am staring at Lucavi's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Very wholesome!!

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

This ends.... It's my fault, now. The slurs in the code? Definitely radium. But any downtime is on me...

You're an honest and hard working person, the kindly auto mechanic to this rattling beater of a car. DO NOT apologize or take blame for anything. You should have our patience and nice words instead.

~namaste~

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I think it doesn't work with stuff in the archives like the goldmine and also any posts less than 48 hours old but I did a search a couple weeks ago and that was my experience, it may have changed

I just did a search and confirmed this is still the case, will there be plans to fix this?

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
hows it going

Lucavi
May 12, 2002

Lowtax posted:

I am staring at Lucavi's

:blush:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
lowtax be peekin

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Archives search would be cool as hell but no we're not there yet. It'd be a big time-consuming project and while it's absolutely something I'd love to have, it's not one I've even begun to think about.

I promise you can search for things older than 48 hours, it's fine just try it!!!

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Unfortunately Art posted:

He’s said it might take a team of people to make it modernized. One of my projects at the moment is creating a pitch packet and actual loving business plan to show to potential investors. Rich isn’t much of a networking person, but I am. This project will require a lot of capital up front and getting that is part of my job at this point.
I don't know what timeline you're from but in this one Lowtax opts not to cash out and then coasts for a decade while other platforms drink his milkshake. Please use this information responsibly.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
When I first read the front page my internet was slow and lovely dial up, and I used to sit and watch the images slowly load. I used to aspire to write for the front page too.

That's my story of being an old person itt :gbsmith:

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

the trump tutelage posted:

I don't know what timeline you're from but in this one Lowtax opts not to cash out and then coasts for a decade while other platforms drink his milkshake. Please use this information responsibly.

SLLUURP!!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Archives search would be cool as hell but no we're not there yet. It'd be a big time-consuming project and while it's absolutely something I'd love to have, it's not one I've even begun to think about.

I promise you can search for things older than 48 hours, it's fine just try it!!!

Thank you for an answer that is not just an immediate dismissal, that would be cool to have but I understand how it may be difficult with a lean team. Hopefully with the new marketing strategies being considered for these forums moving forward, things will improve for you and your working environment.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
I'm going to dump all the movies on my Plex server to a SSD so there won't be read issues with multiple users, so I will add you all tomorrow!

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Thank you for an answer that is not just an immediate dismissal, that would be cool to have but I understand how it may be difficult with a lean team. Hopefully with the new marketing strategies being considered for these forums moving forward, things will improve for you and your working environment.
There are no marketing strategies for the forums, that has been repeated multiple times, there won't be anything to do with the forums.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Lowtax posted:

There are no marketing strategies for the forums, that has been repeated multiple times, there won't be anything to do with the forums.

Hoping to see cool stuff with the front page. It was what brought me to the forums :)

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP

Chewbecca posted:

When I first read the front page my internet was slow and lovely dial up, and I used to sit and watch the images slowly load. I used to aspire to write for the front page too.

That's my story of being an old person itt :gbsmith:

This was the dream of thousands of unfunny teenagers everywhere. Like me.

Heather Papps
Nov 1, 2007

hello friend

Rad-daddio posted:

Hoping to see cool stuff with the front page. It was what brought me to the forums :)

i think joker minion is pretty cool

Killed a Girl in 96 posted:

yup.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Rad-daddio posted:

OH WAIT this is actually independent of anything, but the person who made the game Cultist Simulator wants to set up an ad campaign on the forums, since they get a lot of referral links from here and people in Games like it.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Killed a Girl in 96 posted:

:gbsmith::hf::gbsmith:

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Remember when the internet was cool enough for Weekend Web to have enough content for regular articles? I still remember one of the first articles I read quoted a guy on some forum complaining about getting blisters on his dick after it touches poop

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

is lucavi our mom now

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Tetramin posted:

Remember when the internet was cool enough for Weekend Web to have enough content for regular articles? I still remember one of the first articles I read quoted a guy on some forum complaining about getting blisters on his dick after it touches poop

Now it's three social media platforms sharing screenshots of each other into infinity, and whacky YouTube celebrities

:arghfist::smith:

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Chewbecca posted:

Now it's three social media platforms sharing screenshots of each other into infinity, and whacky YouTube celebrities

:arghfist::smith:

At least the bodybuilding.com and clown forums are still going

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Lowtax posted:

OH WAIT this is actually independent of anything, but the person who made the game Cultist Simulator wants to set up an ad campaign on the forums, since they get a lot of referral links from here and people in Games like it.
I bought this game because of posts about it.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

We've still got zombocom, @jack hasn't managed to take it down yet

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Lowtax posted:

maybe don't https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-08-30-two-women-accuse-cultist-simulator-developer-alexis-kennedy-of-exploitative-behaviour

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Lol I was trying to remember if he was a sex pest or a chud

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

im gith tdie

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

or do, but also let people register ads for free as long as they talk about him being a sexpest

youre
Dec 30, 2019

Cultist Simulator was GOTY for me

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i hope you have a good divorce lowtax and good luck on drama-free future forums endeavors

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

:10bux: in 1999 is worth like $15 now. Each passing year it gets cheaper to join SA. Thanks Lowtax!

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

UnfurledSails posted:

:10bux: in 1999 is worth like $15 now. Each passing year it gets cheaper to join SA. Thanks Lowtax!

When I bought an account in 2005, who knew I'd still be getting satisfaction out of the forums fifteen years later

More than anyone gets from my posts, that's for sure

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Chewbecca posted:

When I bought an account in 2005, who knew I'd still be getting satisfaction out of the forums fifteen years later

More than anyone gets from my posts, that's for sure

Incorrect I love pretty much all of your posts.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Oh umm well that changes things.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Incorrect I love pretty much all of your posts.

Same!

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

hope you are okay richard. dont want to see you become the next "down the rabbit hole" subject lol

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Loved your work on the Eric Andre show, UA. Excited to see what you can do for this webpage.

Goons should stop dogpiling.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Idea to make money
Every thread and forum should have a delete value.
If the money value is achieved that thread and or forum is deleted.
I'll give lowtax 10 bucks to delete Debate and Discusso

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
Cool ideas to make money-

Sell handcrafted goods
Bake sale
Door to door campaigning
Oyster bar?