Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How would you rate Kimetsu no Yaiba?
Excellent
Good
Fine
Meh
Bad
Awful
View Results

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
:catstare:
Muzan must die. :black101:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1006183

The true MC has appeared and it is now impossible for Muzan to win.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Their appearance is some really rad poo poo.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It really is and I was getting worried they wouldn't even show up.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the gang is cool

this red blade poo poo is the most arbitrary powerup in a sea of arbitrary powerups

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I was wondering about those guys.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Also, the colored version of the last chapter went up two days ago. https://mangadex.org/chapter/785533

Patware posted:

this red blade poo poo is the most arbitrary powerup in a sea of arbitrary powerups

I'm down with it. 'How in the world did Tokitou pull this off?' Copy that, and everyone who was there knows that when they collide it spreads so yeah, fair enough. We're only gonna have two Hashiras left after this is all said and done anyway.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm glad Inosuke continues to give only a limited amount of fucks. :3:

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

RareAcumen posted:

I'm down with it. 'How in the world did Tokitou pull this off?' Copy that, and everyone who was there knows that when they collide it spreads so yeah, fair enough.

That's pretty much what they did with the mark power-up, I kinda love how they don't bother coming up with something like Ki or whatever to explain it. Just like the breaths, you're basically just a muscle wizard.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Finally, Inosuke is back.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

God its incredibly loving rare that I want a manga to go a little slower
but gently caress please go just a tiny smidge slower.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I kind of want the author to try a comedy series next because her face game is next level

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Rigged Death Trap posted:

No breaks on the Goutouge train from the looks of it, tho. They're just... VROOM!

Sindai posted:

I kind of want the author to try a comedy series next because her face game is next level
I was surprised how much the "goofy mode" faces did for me. I think the first one that really sunk in how doofus it can get was the realization dawning on Tanjirou that early 20th Century Tokyo is bright & loud as gently caress at night.

That moment was also doubly-funny for anyone who lives/has been to the place because you go like "Poor Tanjirou would go probably go mental in 2020 Tokyo" :mmmhmm:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Gotouge Koyoharu:

Caros
May 14, 2008

It feels like the anti-bleach in that regard.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
This week: the author didn't expect Tanjirou to wake up so soon, so everyone else suddenly got tired and had to take a break.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

"I could show anything happening... or it could just happen"

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's gonna really stretch my suspension of disbelief if Tanjiro is suddenly able to take on Muzan solo.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RatHat posted:

It's gonna really stretch my suspension of disbelief if Tanjiro is suddenly able to take on Muzan solo.

Tanjiro's not going to fight him. He'll start using the Breath of Tsugikuni and give Yoriichi a chance to finally right his past mistake in not killing Muzan when he had the chance.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's enlightenment after dying and being resuscitated, while still being on the verge of death. it's still probably not going to be enough.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Well we're really whittling down the cast aren't we?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

no time for anyone else. only tanjirou

if it ends and the only contribution inosuke made to the climax of the story was 'cut a tentacle off once' i'm going from "KnY got really unfortunately rushed" to "KnY was bad"

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
It's an established thing that just watching and being around Tanjirou lets you increase your power level so it's entirely possible everyone (or maybe just the younger generation) will wake up from their naps just in time to help deliver the finishing blow.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Nezuko is still on her way and she can heal people, right?

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Patware posted:

no time for anyone else. only tanjirou

if it ends and the only contribution inosuke made to the climax of the story was 'cut a tentacle off once' i'm going from "KnY got really unfortunately rushed" to "KnY was bad"

I've noticed this be a really big thing with works printed by Shueshia especially in Jump.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I love super saiyan tanjiro and I look forward to him, nezuko, and the other kids taking down muzan.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's enlightenment after dying and being resuscitated, while still being on the verge of death. it's still probably not going to be enough.

Look at this chapter image.

Again, this isn't Tanjirou's fight, it's Yoriichi's rematch. Tanjirou's just channeling his spirit and lending him a body to maneuver.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

RareAcumen posted:

Again, this isn't Tanjirou's fight, it's Yoriichi's rematch. Tanjirou's just channeling his spirit and lending him a body to maneuver.
So, (FE4 Spoilers! Don't read if you're planning to play that game)basically a Lewyn/Forseti situation? :ohdear: I already made peace with the fact that Gotouge seems like they're out of fucks to give and going full Araki/Tomino, but please don't kill off my sweet boy Tanjirou.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

KnY the total opposite of shonen battle arcs where it takes decades to progress from one place to another each time.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

Look at this chapter image.

he's only ever recalled his own ancestor's memories. tanjirou might yank some previously unknown fire dance mastery out of his genetic memory, but if so it won't be from yoriichi. tanjirou and yoriichi aren't related, and ghosts haven't appeared as more than a 'hey i'm dead now and here is my dead family so let's go to the afterlife' thing. dude's completely dead, from old age hundreds of years ago. it's an intrinsic part of being human that separates them from the demons.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

he's only ever recalled his own ancestor's memories. tanjirou might yank some previously unknown fire dance mastery out of his genetic memory, but if so it won't be from yoriichi. tanjirou and yoriichi aren't related, and ghosts haven't appeared as more than a 'hey i'm dead now and here is my dead family so let's go to the afterlife' thing. dude's completely dead, from old age hundreds of years ago. it's an intrinsic part of being human that separates them from the demons.

As far as we know.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Didn't Tanjiro mention somewhere that, despite his family having relatively blue-collar jobs, that the Kamado family's ancestry is well-documented in Japan's census and such?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

As busted and poisoned as he is, Tanjirou's still much stronger than he was when him, the squad, Uzui and his wives fought Daki and Gyutaro.

This time, his Unmastered Breath of the Sun Swordsman channelling will be enough to keep Muzan at bay for 7 minutes until Kanao can get the RPG.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the problem is that there aren't really any established rules for most of what's going on anymore so the victory is kinda going to feel like it happened because it's in the script

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I'll be happy as long as Nezuko gets to help beat the poo poo out of Muzan when she shows up.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Look, Muzan is going to be beaten by the familial love of a horribly disfigured demonslayer who's basically halfway to demon at this point and his demon sister who's almost halfway back to human at this point.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
muzan's goal is nezuko and the pillars can't actually prevent him from leaving. he's sticking around because he wants to stick around. i wouldn't go as far as saying that nezuko running in is part of his plan, but he might be hoping the demon slayers bring her in to use somehow.

also, tanjirou isn't halfway to demonizing. the blood he was infected with was too potent, so he's dying instead.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Just chop off his head and be done with it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Pewdiepie posted:

Just chop off his head and be done with it!

Please no dont end it that quickly i want more chapters of this its going too fast

(perhaps there is a reason for how fast this is going as a metaphor for how the characters are living short and brutal lives)

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jan 28, 2020