Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I don’t make any conclusions about that except that The Shrews are better than Everton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
liverpoop

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

paddyboat posted:

I don’t make any conclusions about that except that The Shrews are better than Everton

Merseyside conceded 8 today

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

lol at Linaker encouraging the crowd :allears:

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
All the starting senior players looked really groggy, but Lovren will get all the hate because he's Lovren.

When does the winter break kick in again?

I was going to make fun of Guardiola taking out the squad equivalent of a nuclear bomb to get past Fulham, but now I can't. Woe is me!

EDIT: and karimically, this was probably due to happen after Klopp called Shrewsberry "Gooseberry" at a press conference.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
livershit

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Brony Car posted:

All the starting senior players looked really groggy, but Lovren will get all the hate because he's Lovren.

I was going to make fun of Guardiola taking out the squad equivalent of a nuclear bomb to get past Fulham, but now I can't. Woe is me!

What’s the balance? If Liverpool put out their first team they probably win comfortably but it’s another match of wear and tear on a team that’s already played a ton of matches. Now they throw out the reserves today and as a result have to play an extra match and one where more first team players will probably feature because they’ll want to get a result at home

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
liverpuke

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Brony Car posted:

EDIT: and karimically, this was probably due to happen after Klopp called Shrewsberry "Gooseberry" at a press conference.

are you saying lovren doesn't deserve the hate? because he was loving dreadful

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

It is worth saying that the Shrews were very good, didn't do what a lot of teams tend to do and sit back to try and defend, once they went 2-0 they really came out and played on our vulnerabilities. Was never a penalty though (though arguably they should have had one with Fabinho, and we should've had one in the first half).

A second game might actually be good for some players to get up to speed. I suspect Klopp will play the same team (possibly Lallana for Fabinho if fit) and tell them to sort it out.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Shrewsbury are literally better than every single team in the league (except Utd at Old Trafford).

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Shrapnig posted:

What’s the balance? If Liverpool put out their first team they probably win comfortably but it’s another match of wear and tear on a team that’s already played a ton of matches. Now they throw out the reserves today and as a result have to play an extra match and one where more first team players will probably feature because they’ll want to get a result at home

If I was in charge, I think I'd field close to the same team. I wouldn't criticize Klopp for not putting out the big guns from the get-go for the reasons ou stated.

Hopefully, the senior players Liverpool was counting on for leadership will be less rusty. Matip, Lovren and Fabinho were all coming back from long injury stints so I think they deserve a bit of slack here.

greazeball posted:

are you saying lovren doesn't deserve the hate? because he was loving dreadful

He doesn't deserve all of it. Origi was almost completely invisible and Matip was pretty awful too. Fabinho was obviously rusty and Oxlade-Chamberlain didn't have a great night either. Even the kids seemed complacent. Liverpool were losing a lot of the first and second balls and a lot of the players looked like they checked out instead of playing to the end.

In other words...

oliwan posted:

liverpuke

oliwan posted:

liverpoop

oliwan posted:

livershit

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Fabinho was dreadful. Gave the ball away constantly and was late on nearly every challenge

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Really they should have played the first team here and rested players vs West Ham. Elimination games are the only ones that matter at this point surely

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Blasmeister posted:

Really they should have played the first team here and rested players vs West Ham. Elimination games are the only ones that matter at this point surely

Nah we're good thanks.

Klopp has said they were told by the Premier League to respect the international break and not schedule any games, so as a result no senior players will be involved in the replay and Neil Critchley will take charge again.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

EvilHawk posted:

Nah we're good thanks.

Klopp has said they were told by the Premier League to respect the international break and not schedule any games, so as a result no senior players will be involved in the replay and Neil Critchley will take charge again.

I thought the winter break was the FA's idea, but I was wrong. What a mess.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

EvilHawk posted:

Nah we're good thanks.

Wait are you serious?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

CyberPingu posted:

Wait are you serious?

Yep

edit: they were told this in the summer to be clear, Klopp is the one making this decision (but framing it in his anti-replay view).

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Brony Car posted:

Not sure it does kick in because of the replay lol

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Isn't Klopp pretty much on record as not giving a poo poo about the cups

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Eric the Mauve posted:

I think in general he's pragmatic that for most foreign players and in financial terms the CL and the league are far more important. I've always liked the FA cup and I'm on record regarding my views on the League Cup (which I still maintain would be good), but the fact you only get £4m and a Europa League place for winning the FA Cup means the other competitions will always take precedence.

You can argue about relative strengths of squads and how the top teams should be able to compete on more than two fronts of course.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Eric the Mauve posted:

Remember when he won the Champions League?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Yeah but it's worse than that for teams trying to win the league and/or CL title, there's a sizable incentive to WANT to lose just to not have the congestion on your schedule going forward. Yeah you can just basically send your U18 squad, but it's still a media distraction and I'm sure the FA gets pissy about it when you do.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yeah but it's worse than that for teams trying to win the league and/or CL title, there's a sizable incentive to WANT to lose just to not have the congestion on your schedule going forward. Yeah you can just basically send your U18 squad, but it's still a media distraction and I'm sure the FA gets pissy about it when you do.

Liverpool should definitely been sanctioned for the side they put out in the League Cup

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

Liverpool should definitely been sanctioned for the side they put out in the League Cup

they should have rescheduled the loving match is what you mean

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

greazeball posted:

they should have rescheduled the loving match is what you mean

I agree 100%, because the Club World Cup is a less meaningful competition than the Carabao Cup

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

I agree 100%, because the Club World Cup is a less meaningful competition than the Carabao Cup

maybe, but when your boss's boss schedules a meeting over your meeting, you move your meeting no matter how dumb your boss is

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Shrapnig posted:

Why exactly?

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

EvilHawk posted:

Good.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

lol that owns.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Did Klopp act like this in Germany when he was pissed off with the governing bodies? Then again, I imagine the relationship between the German FA and the Bundesliga (and the other leagues) are not nearly as dysfunctional as it is in England.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

greazeball posted:

maybe, but when your boss's boss schedules a meeting over your meeting, you move your meeting no matter how dumb your boss is

This happens all the time and I just decline the meeting tbh

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

playing a youth team is fair but not even being at the match is kinda dumb as gently caress

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Not attending a match you don't care about in favor of spending your time preparing for a match you do care about is pretty smart :actually:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I think the arse will lose to the 'mouth tonight

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/1221868992798871552

https://twitter.com/afcbournemouth/status/1221870558373208064

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
And the next round draw:

Sheffield Wednesday v Manchester City
Reading or Cardiff v Sheffield United
Chelsea v Shrewsbury or Liverpool
West Brom v Newcastle or Oxford
Leicester v Coventry or Birmingham
Northampton or Derby v Manchester United
Southampton or Tottenham v Norwich
Portsmouth v Bournemouth or Arsenal

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

shut up blegum posted:

I think the arse will lose to the 'mouth tonight

Welp

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Mustafi is still on the pitch. Anything is possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Guendozi being totally surprised someone passed him the ball then watching him slip twice before panic blasting it to mustafi has he fell is the perfect metaphor for his Arsenal career.