Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
i have never smelled a woman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps
Nov 1, 2007

hello friend

OMGVBFLOL posted:

absolutely. the website is still up for that ufo cult that mass suicided at the aliens hiding behind comet Hale Bopp in 1997. it's been maintained ever since, including uploading the members' exit videos to youtube, by the one member who stayed behind to manage the group's legacy

are u thinkin' what i'm thinkin'?

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hmm... I'm afraid this thread is in an irreparable state now. Sorry about your thread OP.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Heather Papps posted:

are u thinkin' what i'm thinkin'?

the aliens surely are, because they can read minds you see

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Where we at on the divorce??

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Dick Bastardly posted:

i have never smelled a woman

The internet, brining young men with thing in common together for decades.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Tesseraction posted:

I still remember seeing a front-page review shittalking HL2 back when it was released and being real mad about it and then think about how these days I'd probably read that same review and be laughing my arse off.

WTF D&D is always a good read

Tetramin posted:

Lol, yeah I bet we attract some new users by saying hey kids we did slenderman 12 years ago

I proudly tell my children this story. Maybe it will save them in this stupid hellworld

Heather Papps
Nov 1, 2007

hello friend

when the comet returns we'll all be transformed into our new bodies, and finally be freed from the tyranny of genitals. now, i made a very large pitcher of tasty cherry kool aid who wants a cup?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

correction: two members. i remembered wrong

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Lemon Demon is my friend and he will post here in August.

On an August Tuesday?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Heather Papps posted:

when the comet returns we'll all be transformed into our new bodies, and finally be freed from the tyranny of genitals. now, i made a very large pitcher of tasty cherry kool aid who wants a cup?

I'm in, but only if piss is still stored in the balls

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Heather Papps posted:

i think it was just pills and vodka. jonestown was purple flavor-ade iirc. glad i have this important information stashed away

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
bring back cliff yablonsky

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Heather Papps posted:

It’ll be awhile, 4385

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Weedle posted:

I honestly cannot imagine what kind of content would convince a teen to pay any amount of money to post on this or any forum in the present day. Doesn't really feel like trying to attract children is the move.

It doesn't sound like the plan is about attracting new people to the forum, though. It sounds like the plan is all about expanding the Something Awful brand to develop new income streams, which will be targeted at a younger demographic.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

louis friend posted:

You're not a killjoy, and despite the troubles, and differences of opinion over fyad, you seem to want to look after the people in your forum. You did appear to get hoodwinked by that ppj guy, but honestly that was funnier more than anything else

I wish I could have witnessed it as a regular user and not involved because it's genuinely hilarious on the face of everything.

Like it was a mortifying experience for me but in hindsight it's definitely funny as hell

Edit: and while this isn't my soapbox I do want to give a big loving thank you to the many goons who had been so understanding and supportive of me through that. Because again, loving mortifying

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I posted "a mod is only as good as his informants" back in 2017 and no one questioned it then!!!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
My writing has been featured on such dead websites as buttcoinfoundation.org and others, and multiple youtube comments I've written now have more than 500 likes. Suffice to say, I'm more than qualified. PM me your job offer.

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
i keep thinking one of the main reasons this site hasnt gone completely to poo poo is that there is no like button on loving anything even though the rest of the internet has put that poo poo everywhere

if someone wants to post something here they generally only do it if they have something they want to post, cause theres no like button or other "incentive" to post. whereas the rest of the internet is like you have to wade through 5,000 lovely comments all clearly trying to pander for upvotes between any good, well written, or informative posts

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I posted "a mod is only as good as his informants" back in 2017 and no one questioned it then!!!

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
also whats funny imo is that sa literally had its own version of reddits "karma" back in 2000-2001, the postcount under everyones username. which literally was hidden because people were doing that poo poo, posting absolute garbage just to make the stupid number next to their name go up

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

This is a weird vr

Android Lust
Sep 2, 2012

I read this whole thread and I still feel like I know nothing.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
it could be said that this thread has the opposite of knowledge

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Snazzy Frocks posted:

it could be said that this thread has the opposite of knowledge

The opposite of knowledge is stats about 1970's baseball and there is no evidence of that in this thread.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

jimmyjams posted:

also whats funny imo is that sa literally had its own version of reddits "karma" back in 2000-2001, the postcount under everyones username. which literally was hidden because people were doing that poo poo, posting absolute garbage just to make the stupid number next to their name go up

i think that started with the big hullabaloo over the guy who got to a thousand posts first

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
lowtax what's your favorite smiley?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Koalas March posted:

I wish I could have witnessed it as a regular user and not involved because it's genuinely hilarious on the face of everything.

Like it was a mortifying experience for me but in hindsight it's definitely funny as hell

Edit: and while this isn't my soapbox I do want to give a big loving thank you to the many goons who had been so understanding and supportive of me through that. Because again, loving mortifying
The key is to never, ever put even the smallest amount of faith in other people. That's what I've learned.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

FactsAreUseless posted:

The key is to never, ever put even the smallest amount of faith in other people. That's what I've learned.

I wouldn’t want to live like that I’d rather be disappointed

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Android Lust posted:

I read this whole thread and I still feel like I know nothing.

the only thing I've learned is that the saltiness of FYADers is boundless and neverending and that's hilarious

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

FactsAreUseless posted:

You're such a loving ray of sunshine. A veritable Moses stepping down from the mountain of anti-depressants to dole out wisdom for the ages. Thank you.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Nurge posted:

You're such a loving ray of sunshine. A veritable Moses stepping down from the mountain of anti-depressants to dole out wisdom for the ages. Thank you.

I like your avatar

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

the only thing I've learned is that the saltiness of FYADers is boundless and neverending and that's hilarious

I don't think so. All the regulars in the peace GBS thread are talking about kitty cats and lunch.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

take a break from the internet.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I was being satirical, I thought that would be clearer. Not sure why, lmao. You have to continue to trust people because:

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

I wouldn’t want to live like that I’d rather be disappointed

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

I was being satirical, I thought that would be clearer. Not sure why, lmao. You have to continue to trust people because:

I think folks put you on watch after so many years of being directly exposed. People are eyeing Burt as we speak.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Professor of Cats posted:

I think folks put you on watch after so many years of being directly exposed. People are eyeing Burt as we speak.
You know what, fair enough.

Lucavi
May 12, 2002
hey u tried to post in fyad I remember u

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

:peace: