Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
so the hacker that leaked a lot of corruption inside footie clubs is the same that leaked the evidence about the Angolan oligarchs and now everyone's bending their own backs trying to justify one leak vs the other
I've seen someone say "good faith hacks" lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

I still crack up at Bloco da Esquerda being like the sole voice defending him while nearly every paper and party was wondering how much to punish him since football leaks lead to Cristiano Ronaldo's case getting public to the point they cheered on Piers Morgan's exclusive interview with him.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Kunster posted:

I still crack up at Bloco da Esquerda being like the sole voice defending him while nearly every paper and party was wondering how much to punish him since football leaks lead to Cristiano Ronaldo's case getting public to the point they cheered on Piers Morgan's exclusive interview with him.

loool that's great

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

i say swears online posted:

in c-spam arguing whether the eu or nato is responsible for world peace

not world, just the european union proper.

i mean, why go to war when you can just do some communal neocolonialism in your back yard (eastern europ) instead right?

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Honest Thief posted:

In Portugal the new lead of the Conservative party is the most dweebiest beige portuguese guy you could picture
https://twitter.com/aitorehm/status/1221395381034024960?s=19

Check out his great video content.

https://twitter.com/bifeahcasa/status/1221494404260691974?s=20

Dude was made in the same lab from where the Ben Shapiros of the world come from.

Kefahuchi_son!!!
Apr 23, 2015

Electronico6 posted:

Dude was made in the same lab from where the Ben Shapiros of the world come from.

Of course he was deemed by Forbes one of the most influential young men in Europe. When barely anybody knew him in Portugal.

Kefahuchi_son!!!
Apr 23, 2015

Honest Thief posted:

so the hacker that leaked a lot of corruption inside footie clubs is the same that leaked the evidence about the Angolan oligarchs and now everyone's bending their own backs trying to justify one leak vs the other
I've seen someone say "good faith hacks" lol

I’m a Benfica supporter but gently caress those morons who insist he’s Hannibal Lecter for exposing the rot of the soccer world.
Just hope that he divulges all he has access to, out of spite for the way he’s been treated by the portuguese justice

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

dex_sda posted:

loool that's great

Newspapers were actually cheering on Kevin Spacey's accusers getting murdered and writing pieces on the Real People to Worry about, as they tried to wipe clean Prince Andrew's reputation and trying to make Epstein's ordeal as blasé as possible to make Cristiano Ronaldo look good. I am loving amazed that there wasn't a reaction to this other than a sassy cartoon about it.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Electronico6 posted:

This dude is such a throwback to the 80's, he's either gonna be eaten alive by IL and chega, or become prime minister in a nostalgia wave, holy poo poo.the guy speaks and looks exactly like the priest from my pops village.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Kunster posted:

Newspapers were actually cheering on Kevin Spacey's accusers getting murdered and writing pieces on the Real People to Worry about, as they tried to wipe clean Prince Andrew's reputation and trying to make Epstein's ordeal as blasé as possible to make Cristiano Ronaldo look good. I am loving amazed that there wasn't a reaction to this other than a sassy cartoon about it.

Got some sources so I can see the rot? I know spanish so I can make out written portuguese if I squint

By the Ronaldo case you're referring to the rape case, right? That poo poo was real crazy, I saw even english speaking people trip over themselves to defend him and to 'withhold judgement' while facts of the case were just so in favor of the girl's story it's crazy (the whole bit with asking to write a letter to him does not sound like someone trying to extort money).

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Electronico6 posted:

Also this fucker is a charisma vacuum lol

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

dex_sda posted:

Also this fucker is a charisma vacuum lol
i mean, that's what seems to make waves here like have you seen most famous pt comedians ie sinel cordes? my sophie's choice would be who to throw out of a bridge first nilton or sinel cordes

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Both sinel and nilton can work a crowd, they just have a bland personality beyond that.
That cds dude is some diacono remedios poo poo.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Antifa Poltergeist posted:

Both sinel and nilton can work a crowd, they just have a bland personality beyond that.
That cds dude is some diacono remedios poo poo.
there's some hermano saraiva parody in it as well, esp those pauses

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

dex_sda posted:

Got some sources so I can see the rot? I know spanish so I can make out written portuguese if I squint

By the Ronaldo case you're referring to the rape case, right? That poo poo was real crazy, I saw even english speaking people trip over themselves to defend him and to 'withhold judgement' while facts of the case were just so in favor of the girl's story it's crazy (the whole bit with asking to write a letter to him does not sound like someone trying to extort money).

It was cleared from the internet due to a good part of it being under a paid subscription service for archives, but it was more in general tone of it.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Kunster posted:

It was cleared from the internet due to a good part of it being under a paid subscription service for archives, but it was more in general tone of it.

Gotcha. I can imagine. Reddit threads (I know I know) about this are a loving cesspool if you check what got deleted from the thread, and that's English speaking people. I can only imagine how bad it is in the place where the guy is considered a god.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Lmao at salvini eating poo poo

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Lawman 0 posted:

Lmao at salvini eating poo poo

What happened?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

genericnick posted:

What happened?

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1221628126658252802?s=20

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Isn't that good?

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

In a sense that a raging forest fire hasn't yet consumed the only house left standing, yes.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Antifa Poltergeist posted:

In a sense that a raging forest fire hasn't yet consumed the only house left standing, yes.

The glass is half-full. From that single house, we can cultivate a little garden outward using the ash rich top soil to grow a better yield of crop.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

One of the breaking hard right parties's leaders decided to threaten to deport the representative of the breaking hard left party over a proposed law confronting Portugal's colonialism practices and is now trying to cover that up with "Well, I was doing an irony", despite the fact that his party's own manifesto does endorse that to be an idea and CDS did stuck to the manifesto precisely stuff like that.

Are we about to hear a cavalcade of Portuguese comedians and commentators get the bait and earnestly try to pin this as an ironic joke and trying to explain how big brained you have to be to properly enjoy that bit?

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
portugueses update, yesterday there was a anti racism march and joacine made a speech which had members of her (ex) party condemn her for hate speech
The speech in question was terse but mostly ammounted to "no anti fascists w/o anti racism" on a strict and aggressive black voice. Funny if this one gets admonished by the parliament unlike the actual cop lib

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

I would argue being anti-fascist is a little bit being anti-racism, you know, as a treat.i don't particularly like joacine but she's such a lightning rod for the worst people that I thank her for her service.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I got a cousin who's a gen x lib, who occasionally he messages me with whatever dumb author to read about in response to marx like hitchens and stuff about how joacine's stoking racism. I just want to claw my face out cause it hurts me hearing him say those dumb things, given i was raised alongside my cousins

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Lol ask him what does he think of the labour theory of value.then ask him if he thinks the labour theory of value was invented by marx.then ask him if he agrees with Adam smith.then ask him if he agrees with Adam Smith criticism of capitalism.then tell him to read volume 3 of capital and get gud.them tell him to stop reading stuff from the 18th and 19th century without analysis and read piketty capital.if he doesn't call him a uneducated schlub.
Joacine is great to make all the proto chuds come out of the woodwork, although I do think draping everything in idpol is a loosing proposition.there is a reason why the lady that came up with the term intersectionality is a Bernie supporter.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Given Publico tried today to sneak in a news item about "people saying math is racist on American schools" when one could easily Google the actual news item where it came from ( Surprise, it was just the Seattle School curriculum having a thing on people using math to do fake news and framed fighting that in social justice ), I'd say the press is a bit shook about anything left getting some power.

The Portuguese correspondent trying to bring up Bernie Bros is kind of amazing given , well, everything.

Also the Sic commentary on Sunday wanted to string Rui Pinto up again. I totally knew that as soon as they managed to drain the LuandaLeaks stuff, Luis Marques Mendes would be totally there to argue for him to get arrested again. "So why are people asking for whistleblower status... for a criminal??". After weeks of them suddenly remember who Cheslea Manning is and sort of remember what happened to the reporter that covered the Panama Leaks. That person is legit one of the worst people on the portuguese commentariat, and I'm including all of the Tucker wannabes, the paper full of Shapinos and the lady they hired specifically to be nice about Bolsonaro poo poo that lost her job once for asking the classmates of kids that died on a schooltrip to go see blossoming almond trees if they wanted to go with them.

Kunster has issued a correction as of 15:20 on Feb 3, 2020

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Yeah most foreign correspondents, especially those in the us are so firmly immersed into the Washington consensus their brains are full of succ.
Love to get my election information from a guy that doesn't know how caucuses work.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Picture, if you may, an article talking about the US Healthcare system, and describing the cases on why people are pushing for reform, including singular cases, going thru the absurd means testing, the constant fundraising, etc etc.

Now picture if you finished that piece with "And because of that, we're for Bidencare". In late 2019.

Now consider that to be a general improvement compared to the person that is actually paid to talk about foreign matters, which just covers the subject of healthcare in the US (And the UK) in the most horrifyingly blasé way possible, relaying the concerns in an almost mocking fashion.

That's the state of reporting on these matters. You'll regret ever knowing what an american person is if you open a single newspaper here.

Kunster has issued a correction as of 16:07 on Feb 3, 2020

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Members of the European Parliament voted by 582-40 for a resolution urging the European Commission,
which drafts EU laws, to ensure that EU consumers are no longer obliged to buy new chargers with each new device.
The resolution said voluntary agreements in the industry had significantly reduced the number of
charger types, but had not resulted in one common standard.
eu is gonna force apple to use usbc lmao

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1228340396712960000?s=20

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

This is extremely parisian, it probably got him some extras votes.if she was married it would be a current and classical reference.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Macron probably counts as a freak being he is faithful to his older wife

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i cant believe how surprised i am :geno:

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

https://twitter.com/parlamentopt/status/1229857348577091586?s=20

Full context, part translated for US-centric people: The media network that runs the largest Daily Mail ish tabloid is seeking to purchase the second largest private tv/news Network in Portugal. Said network is somewhat Fox News ish, down to also having the sole major pundit that bothers to criticize Bolsonaro and most US state department interventions to the point he humiliated the former leader of CDS on this, and the merger is straight up being done to clear that one guy out.

That vote was to get mechanisms to prevent said media conglomerates to get created.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I shouldn't be too surprised at PS but still am. Costa's grifting ability is honestly surprising, one day he's denouncing media and football racism and the next he's not plugging the merger.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i legit do not think unfaithfulness should be a political issue. indeed, politicians' sex lives shouldn't be an issue at all unless they involve other people than consenting adults

dude should've just owned this

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Honest Thief posted:

I shouldn't be too surprised at PS but still am. Costa's grifting ability is honestly surprising, one day he's denouncing media and football racism and the next he's not plugging the merger.

Yeah, he's getting too comfy and brazen, time for a general strike me thinks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

someone just shot up two hookah bars in Hanau, Germany. several reported dead (4-8).