Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

I wasn't planning on it earlier but if you insist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

it's already too late and gonna proliferate in the us, isn't it

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Please goons, do not go to Wuhan right now, seems dangerous

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

triple sulk posted:

good news, there's a fair chance it already has :toot:

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.

triple sulk posted:

Probably... I mean, it's already here - and a 14 day infectious during incubation window means you got a lot of people walking around with it and don't know it.

edit: the hope is that it doesn't mutate and bring more deadliness

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

MarcusSA posted:

the WHO is incompetent

But enough about Pete Townshend :smuggo:

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

triple sulk posted:

Hey did you know the Trump appointed CHUD director of the CDC worked with a group in the 80s that said AIDS was god's judgement against gays and the moral decay in america brought on by single parent homes.

he also dumped like 20 mil in tax payer money into an aids drug that everyone said wouldn't work because he didn't want to say he hosed up.

so we're probably fine

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
just so everyone knows if i get corona virus im coughing on deliveries for olds, cops and trump supporters

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/CDCDirector/status/1221824959426809861

I'm sure this will age like a fine wine

edit: none of those cases in the first tweet are new as of today if you're keeping count

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
a friend of a friend is stuck in the Wuhan area because he booked his flight to come infect us all for 48 hours too late

on the plus side his university is working with him to keep him current on classwork and stuff

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

i picked a very bad time to have to make multiple long-distance trips to large urban centers with busy international airports lol

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

GreyjoyBastard posted:

a friend of a friend is stuck in the Wuhan area because he booked his flight to come infect us all for 48 hours too late

on the plus side his university is working with him to keep him current on classwork and stuff

wow! killer look!

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

posting from wuhan. the fish here are very tasty!

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

One of my friends has a regular cold and is currently traveling.

She's asian and chuckling at all the Whites not-so-subtly keeping their distance

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/ggooooddddoogg/status/1221897552993239040

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
At work, HR sent out an email to all staff saying that just because someone is coughing or displaying flu like symptoms, it does not mean they have the new virus that has been on the news.

:lol:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

theyll only close the borders when flight attendants threaten to strike if they dont, so they look like theyre in control

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

tiberion02 posted:

Probably... I mean, it's already here - and a 14 day infectious during incubation window means you got a lot of people walking around with it and don't know it.

edit: the hope is that it doesn't mutate and bring more deadliness

Yeah basically this is the unknown if it mutates more serious. It's pretty much guaranteed to hit almost all the world at some point, just a matter of time. capitalism only guarantees it further. As it is, yeah it sounds like it'll suck but unless you're an olde with emphysema, you'll be fine. Apparently also has little effect on kids, at least mortality wise, which is good

Xaris fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jan 27, 2020

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

14 day asymptomatic infectious incubation is the single funniest thing about all this by far

THEY LURK AMONG US..........................

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/AKpublicnews/status/1221899356963368960?s=20

Goddamn international airport, I thought i was gonna be able to dodge this one

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

TheDon01 posted:

lmao

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Schnorkles posted:

lmao at all you urban dwellers who can't just :yikes: into the mountains for a week or two
Thankfully goons have been training all their lives to stay indoors for weeks at a time so this should be trivial.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

i picked a very bad time to have to make multiple long-distance trips to large urban centers with busy international airports lol

I have a 15 hour layover in Beijing lol. Granted it's in a month and a half so hopefully this is resolved by then... one way or another.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
brief two week vacation in beautiful Alaska, in February.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

fantastic sale on wuhan tours right now, I hear the seafood is amazing

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

posting from wuhan. the fish here are very tasty!

No worries, the fish is safe!

https://twitter.com/Christianjsilv/status/1221107333637513219?s=19

"The first person known to have been infected by the Wuhan coronavirus had never visited the city’s seafood market – regarded as the epicentre of the outbreak – according to Chinese researchers, who also called for extra precautions against airborne transmission of the disease between humans."

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I don' t think anything brings out insane conspiracy theories as much as a possible epidemic disease

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

So all of my pet bats have been coughing and sneezing the past 13 days since I switched their food to some fish I bought from a Chinese wholesaler... any advice? I have like 200 so the vet isn't an option (who could afford that????) I don't think I could stand to bury them, so I think that I might just release them??? Medical advice only please

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

http://www.microbe.tv/twiv/

hey here's a podcast with one of the premier coronavirus virology people in the country.

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

actionjackson posted:

I don' t think anything brings out insane conspiracy theories as much as a possible epidemic disease

anything involving 'radiation' maybe, especially if its a government doing it

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Oh wait this also seems important:

"The researchers, seven of whom work at Wuhan’s Jinyintan hospital, designated for patients with the illness, revealed on Friday in The Lancet medical journal that symptoms of the new disease were first reported on December 1 – much earlier than the Wuhan government’s initial announcement on December 31 of 27 cases of the pneumonia-like infection."

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

TeenageArchipelago posted:

So all of my pet bats have been coughing and sneezing the past 13 days since I switched their food to some fish I bought from a Chinese wholesaler... any advice? I have like 200 so the vet isn't an option (who could afford that????) I don't think I could stand to bury them, so I think that I might just release them??? Medical advice only please

U need fish antivirals from ebay

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

Doorknob Slobber posted:

just so everyone knows if i get corona virus im coughing on deliveries for olds, cops and trump supporters

Fluicide Bombing is Praxis

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

watched the highlights and epilogue of the Bill Gates Event 201 coronavirus simulation and just LOLing at the "we've learned a lot and there is much we can do in the next 5 to 10 years to improve this outcome (where the pandemic lasted nearly 2 years, killed 65 million people, and obliterated the global economy) "

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

reminded of the war nerd article about nukes, the glorious release from this cycle of pain and suffering. coronavirus is shouldering the burden of guilt, doing what we lack the courage to do, releasing us to blissful nothing, easing our passing not so much into but through death, to radiant nirvana. hail corona, latin for "sun".

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Vishass posted:

watched the highlights and epilogue of the Bill Gates Event 201 coronavirus simulation and just LOLing at the "we've learned a lot and there is much we can do in the next 5 to 10 years to improve this outcome (where the pandemic lasted nearly 2 years, killed 65 million people, and obliterated the global economy) "

As interconnected as everything is, nobody wants to be the one to make a call. Governments don't want to stop all travel, because in a sense they will be disconnecting from the larger economy. WHO doesn't want to make a call even though they should be isolated from political influence, it's obvious they aren't. Although that footnote change today might be a way for them to try and alert more people without causing panic.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

My spurs jangle as I quake in my cowboy boots, scared silly at the thought of an oriental fish disease sterilising my cock and bulls, and the hogs too

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

SorePotato posted:

My spurs jangle as I quake in my cowboy boots, scared silly at the thought of an oriental fish disease sterilising my cock and bulls, and the hogs too

Don't be weird. You're being weird.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

TheDon01 posted:

lol if you test positive they will drive you off into the woods

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

etalian posted:

lol if you test positive they will drive you off into the woods

not gonna lie being quarantined in Alaska seems like a less than ideal situation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

I was gonna have a moderate risk, but then I got high.