Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the Super Bowl?
This poll is closed.
Kansas City Chiefs 65 0.71%
San Francisco 49ers 42 0.46%
Goku 9016 98.52%
Lamar is the MVP 28 0.31%
Total: 9151 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

the chiefs are going to win and it won't be close

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

a neat cape posted:

I think it's northern panhandle Florida. Closer to Alabama

Near to Jacksonville...?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Fat Jesus posted:

the chiefs are going to win and it won't be close

I can see either team blowing the other out.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Excited for Rivers on the Bucs tbh

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Finger Prince posted:

Near to Jacksonville...?

Yeah, iirc

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yeah I agree. It's a great matchup and I could see it being close or a blowout in either direction.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I predict 49ers will control the Super Bowl to their ultimate victory (though the Chiefs will make it a decent game to the end), then Mahomes and Reid will never get past the AFCCG again in their careers (though Mahomes will probably have another MVP season at some point).

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That's why this is an amazing super bowl matchup. I hate that I'm rooting for a team in this one. I imagine most people are going to be wearing the Rob Lowe NFL hat and just enjoying some fine football action.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Mega64 posted:

I predict 49ers will control the Super Bowl to their ultimate victory (though the Chiefs will make it a decent game to the end), then Mahomes and Reid will never get past the AFCCG again in their careers (though Mahomes will probably have another MVP season at some point).

Mahomes and the Chiefs will control the AFC for the foreseeable future.

I think a team like the Ravens can break past them every so often. But they are going to run things unless Mahomes falls off somehow. What he brings to the table is just too much. Like you look at how the Houston game started. Most teams are just not going to come back from the 24-0 deficit, let alone come back to win in a blowout. Very few in the NFL bring that ability to the table like Mahomes does. Even a lot of the best.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I'm just getting a pizza from the little family-owned place a town over from my folks. It's a tradition.

I also always watch the game with dad because for like the last 6 or 7 years the thought has occurred to me that it could be the last time I get to do so. He's on oxygen now and there was a real risk he could've been in the hospital again for this one. Watching the game in a medical facility takes a bit of the fun out of it. :smith:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

a neat cape posted:

1. Tommie Harris
2. Seau
3. Tomlinson
4. Rivers
5. Malcom Floyd

Scifres, Gates, and Merriman are all real close

I need an explanation on Tommie Harris, cause I barely remembered the dude, never mind that he was with San Diego at all...

Rest all make sense.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mega64 posted:

Here's the problem: it's just Mahomes' second season and already the Chiefs dominate the division and win on the road. When you dominate your division and routinely have a first round bye in the playoffs the Patriots have demonstrated what happens in the playoffs as long as you have the QB to win big games.

quote:

- The Chiefs won 12 games in 2019 for the second-straight season, marking the first time in franchise history that Kansas City tallied consecutive 12-win campaigns.

- Kansas City swept the AFC West for the second time under Head Coach Andy Reid and for the third time in franchise history. The Chiefs are 27-3 against divisional opponents since 2015, which is the best five-year stretch for any team versus their own division since the AFL-NFL merger.

- The Chiefs won a fourth-straight AFC West title in 2019, extending what was already the longest streak of division championships in franchise history. Kansas City has made the playoffs in six of seven seasons under Reid, and as of next weekend, the Chiefs will compete in the Divisional Round for the fourth time in the last five seasons.

- The Chiefs went 7-1 on the road in 2019, winning at least seven road games for only the second time in franchise history (1966).

- Kansas City ended the regular season on a six-game winning streak, which is tied for the second-longest winning streak to end a season in franchise history. Since Week 11, the Chiefs have allowed the fewest points-per-game (11.5) in the NFL.

- The Chiefs posted the best third-down conversion rate (47.6%) in the NFL this season.

- Kansas City's 177 second-quarter points this season were a franchise record.

- The Chiefs held the opposition to just three points in back-to-back contests from Week 15-16, marking the first such occurrence in franchise history since 1990.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Amy Pole Her posted:

Look at their twitter page. They're hacking all the NFL teams twitters and instagram accounts.

It's... actually a good bit of guerrilla marketing

Why would i hire hackers for web security? They might leave in a backdoor

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Broncos are beating the Chiefs at least once next season and it will happen at Arrowhead

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Better Than You posted:

Broncos are beating the Chiefs at least once next season and it will happen at Arrowhead

Wouldn't be surprised at all.

But Rivers leaving isn't a step in the right direction to this kind of thing happening often enough. Maybe Herbert is more than Josh Allen? I mean I doubt it.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

fartknocker posted:

I need an explanation on Tommie Harris, cause I barely remembered the dude, never mind that he was with San Diego at all...

Rest all make sense.

More personal.

I was working overnight at the hotel where the Chargers stayed during training camp back in 2011. Players who were there just for a year or so and didn't want to put down roots just basically lived at the hotel during the season. Tommie was one of those players.

He was incredibly nice to all the staff, and on off nights he'd come down to the desk after the restaurant closed and would uncork a wine bottle and we'd just talk for a couple hours at a time.

That was the year I went to the game in Chicago, and when I told him I was going, he gave me the names of all his favorite places to eat from when he played in Chicago.

He was a genuinely awesome dude and would talk about his fiance' all the time which made me way sadder than normal when she passed away the next year.

I love Tommie Harris

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

kiimo posted:

Denver would be exactly KC with worse food if it weren’t for plate tectonics

There's also less humidity!

The front range corridor blows and I don't know why anyone that isn't in the mountains weekly lives here. It costs too much unless you got in 5+ years ago, and even then you should just sell your house for more than double what you paid and move somewhere else and buy a mansion.

The food here really is mediocre though. Hopefully I can escape at some point in the near future.

Go Chiefs! Even if you don't win I'm going to get to eat some BBQ.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

a neat cape posted:

I love Tommie Harris

It's always nice to meet the athletes you've watched from a distance. Dude sounds cool.

----
(Superbowl poo poo)

I predict either outcome will be the result of a close game. I also think we're going to the 35 point mark...I have a hard time seeing it being a low-scoring game...

The Chiefs were confident enough to play from behind their last two games, but they also haven't played the 49ers since September 2018...
and then further back from that is an Alex Smith (?) game in October 2014...

I really, really want to see if the Chiefs get absolutely obliterated on their offensive line, or if that whole offense steps up right away.

Sunday gonna be gooooooooood~

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Mahomes getting paid will either close the chiefs window forever or force them to only employ wife beaters and rapists (by force instead of choice like they do now)

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Mexican food in Colorado is on point. Don't hate!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Better Than You posted:

Mexican food in Colorado is on point. Don't hate!

Lol ok

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Just lol if you live in Colorado and never enjoyed a meal at a Hacienda

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jan 27, 2020

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
When Mahomes gets paid what happened to the Seahawks will happen to the Chiefs. They’ll perennially be a top team with a QB that will always have them in it but there will be massive holes that have to be patched over with string and gum.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

kiimo posted:

Team accomplishments

The chiefs are an impressive and dangerous team (especially to women, hey yo) to be sure.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

When Mahomes gets paid what happened to the Seahawks will happen to the Chiefs. They’ll perennially be a top team with a QB that will always have them in it but there will be massive holes that have to be patched over with string and gum.

Not really. He'll get his contract right before the new CBA and then add the gambling factor to the mix and I really don't see the cap becoming a problem.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
"We don't need pocket passers anymore" is a loving fad.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Athanatos posted:

When was the last time a Free Agent as good as Philip Rivers hit the FA market?

Drew Brees and Peyton Manning but there were injury concerns. Favre but there was elderly concerns.

Rivers is only two years younger than Favre was when he went to Minnesota.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

A.o.D. posted:

"We don't need pocket passers anymore" is a loving fad.

Lamar Jackson was the highest rated pocket passer per PFF in 2019.

Last year it was Mahomes.

The fad is thinking a pocket passer needs to be a statue.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

SKULL.GIF posted:

Rivers is only two years younger than Favre was when he went to Minnesota.

California life vs Wisconsin life

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

a neat cape posted:

I think it's northern panhandle Florida. Closer to Alabama

Rivers in Florida reminded me this got made and looks prescient

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa_g2Ub_8yc

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL
Philip Rivers moving to the Redneck Riviera tells you everything you need to know him as a person and nothing you already didn't know

As someone who is about to expatriate to Asia and been to a variety of countries outside of North America we should be happy about the fact that we (Americans) even have decent Mexican food. Finding good Mexican food in China and Japan is like trying to avoid that lovely Baker Mayfield commercial. It's impossible

torb main fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jan 28, 2020

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well now I need to know if he's on the Jacksonville side or the Tallahassee side because I feel like we're talking about two distinct kinds of rednecks here

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Denver has a large hispanic population. Fact.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Watch him split the difference & live in Orlando.

Philip is too young to live in The Villages.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

kiimo posted:

Well now I need to know if he's on the Jacksonville side or the Tallahassee side because I feel like we're talking about two distinct kinds of rednecks here

This article would suggest they likely moved to the Tallahassee side given their past there

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

D-LINK posted:

Denver has a large hispanic population. Fact.

He's saying bringing Denver Mexican Food Knife to a San Diego Mexican Food Shootout is a lol okay

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

If it's the same place he's had his vacation home for years, it's at blue mountain beach.

Like halfway between Pensacola and Tallahassee

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Fact: Any place that has a decently-sized Hispanic/Latino community will have good food.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

So near Panama then. Lots of florida fishin rats that look and sound like Les Claypool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Fact: Any place that has a decently-sized Hispanic/Latino community will have good food.

Let's not lump all Hispanic food together now. It was not created equal. The best Filipino and Puerto Rican food don't even touch the crappiest taco cart in California. Mexican food is the gold standard of Hispanic foods. Argentina and Peru are distant runner ups.