Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

MNIMWA posted:

another recent and terrifying garrison

You need to include the blurb from the site:

quote:

KOBE BRYANT WAS ONE OF THE MOST WELL-KNOWN BASKETBALL STARS IN THE WORLD.

Kobe was taken away early in a helicopter crash which also claimed the life of his 13 year old daughter and 7 other people.

Why are professional sports important? Because they are symbols representing a way for people holding disparate beliefs to come together to support their local team. Sports teams contribute unity to the United States.

Kobe was not a Trump supporter, but that doesn’t matter. Sports is about putting politics aside for a few hours and connecting with fellow fans regardless of politics. This is why many, including us, were so angered by the antics of the Colin Kaepernick. He injected division into a sport watched by fans that are looking for an entertaining escape from conflict.

Kobe brought class, great talent, and excitement to his team. We at GrrrGraphics extend our condolences to Kobe Bryant’s family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

That blurb is almost as grotesque as the basketball's disgusting, human-like arms and hands. Almost.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I didn't notice the basketball tears until somebody else pointed it out and now it looks even weirder than it already did.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

That's how they make baby basketballs. It's tragic, really.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Holy poo poo thank you :toot:

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Mister Speaker posted:

I know the derail is long over but I don't care. My favourite thing about Reeves is that while you might think his extreme proficiency with firearms is a relatively new thing for the John Wick films, I'm pretty sure he's been training with them for just about as long as he's lived in Hollywood. Go watch the intro to Point Break; he had virtually no flinch while shooting, and that was 1991. Eliminating a flinch takes a lot of consistent training. I think he wanted to be an action star and knew that believable gun-handling was an important part of that. I find it pretty fun to observe actors and see who has or doesn't flinch while shooting.

Similarly, for someone who's trained in martial arts for decades he has a decidedly... unimpressive physique. I mean he doesn't look out of shape for his age but in the few shots of him shirtless in the John Wick movies he doesn't look like the ideal of a Hollywood action star - by that I mean it's not immediately obvious he's using gear and spending thousands a week on personal trainers. I find that really refreshing, to be honest.

Adam Driver is fine, I guess. I don't think he's a tremendously good actor; the scenes I saw from Marriage Story were like... first-year drama student-level acting. He was pretty good in Logan Lucky, though.

Anyway here's a meme.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

Radmark says....Worship Kramdar

This is stupid. He's got a DS mic built into the helmet and the flute is connected via Bluetooth.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Before I clicked into the image I thought the last one was gonna say "Dad"

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Extremely loving bad in many amazing ways

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

i don't know what any of that means. But it seems really gross and i should be glad i don't understand it.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Have I aged to the point where humor is outpacing me or

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Heath posted:

Have I aged to the point where humor is outpacing me or

No.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
First one: pencil-necked dweeb masquerading as the aryan ideal (you can see the mask's string) quotes suicide statistics to bully the girl.
Second one: she tells her significant other they deserve a “real girl,” significant other is gender affirming.

They’re pro-trans but in an off putting way.

Elysiume has a new favorite as of 02:20 on Jan 28, 2020

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Are they seriously that confusing? Converting white supremacist memes into pro-LGBTQ memes has been a thing for a while now, I dont get how its offputting

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
It's the anime that's throwing them off

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yeah i don't understand the cat ears part

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Sagebrush posted:

yeah i don't understand the cat ears part

Being a catgirl is a trans meme.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Danaru posted:

Are they seriously that confusing? Converting white supremacist memes into pro-LGBTQ memes has been a thing for a while now, I dont get how its offputting

I'm unfamiliar with these particular white supremacist memes so I was very confused.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Danaru posted:

They were converted to LGTBQ+ memes so fast I honestly saw those before I saw their original meaning.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Ariong posted:

I'm unfamiliar with these particular white supremacist memes so I was very confused.
The face in the top left is the "Nordic gamer" face and it's some alt-right/white supremacist/aryan poo poo. In the catgirl meme it's literally a mask, and you can assume the person wearing it is basically the guy on the right here:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Elysiume posted:

The face in the top left is the "Nordic gamer" face and it's some alt-right/white supremacist/aryan poo poo. In the catgirl meme it's literally a mask, and you can assume the person wearing it is basically the guy on the right here:

:preacher:

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Danaru posted:

I missed that memo. I saw the white supremacist parts and missed the trans messaging. I see it now and feel much better about the memes.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mister Speaker posted:

I think he wanted to be an action star and knew that believable gun-handling was an important part of that. I find it pretty fun to observe actors and see who has or doesn't flinch while shooting.

Best part of the Doom movie was all the training they gave the actors playing the soldiers to get rid of flinching and letting em actually sorta move like a team.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

That goat a chickle oat of me

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

haha yeah it's pretty funny haha but could you explain for the other people who didn't get it, unlike me haha

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

This is some actual bullshit. No one gives a gently caress if you're there at 7am, but it you leave before 5:30 you get a reputation.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

bike tory posted:

This is some actual bullshit. No one gives a gently caress if you're there at 7am, but it you leave before 5:30 you get a reputation.

There was a big media stink about this horrible jabba-rear end principal firing a janitor recently.

He came in pretty early to help the fire department do inspections (you know, so kids don't die) and he then clocked out 7 minutes early.

The whole time she was being excruciatingly condescending and loving heinous to the poor guy. Luckily he recorded it and that fuckface was fired.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Dabir posted:

haha yeah it's pretty funny haha but could you explain for the other people who didn't get it, unlike me haha

Listen very carefully, for I shall say this only once:

'Allo 'Allo

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

There was a big media stink about this horrible jabba-rear end principal firing a janitor recently.

He came in pretty early to help the fire department do inspections (you know, so kids don't die) and he then clocked out 7 minutes early.

The whole time she was being excruciatingly condescending and loving heinous to the poor guy. Luckily he recorded it and that fuckface was fired.

Then did everyone start clapping?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

I will clap

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Yes, actually. The whole city stood behind him.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Atlanta/comments/6apwo3/longtime_middle_school_janitor_fired_for_leaving/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Heath posted:

I will clap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Captain Jesus posted:

John Wick is boring as gently caress. Three movies about a guy who is so good that he not only beats, but specifically kills every person that challenges him. It's a series for insecure white men who fantasize about murdering anybody who slighted them in real life and who are powerless to do anything about it.

he got his rear end beat through all of the third one and literally the only reason he lives is because the person fighting him is a mentally unstable fan who doesnt kill him and gives him multiple extra tries to kill him. then he got shot and thrown off a building for his trouble.

i also enjoy the movie series but ive been a big keanu fan and especially matrix fan so i have ulterior motives for liking it.

snergle has a new favorite as of 06:44 on Jan 28, 2020