Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Stefan Prodan posted:

wait, apparently there's something called semi-locked that does this???? lol wtf I have played this game for 8 years I had no idea

Yeah, that's the mode I'm talking about. The issue is that Lock Camera only locks/unlocks the camera and doesn't reset the offset, and there isn't a key to reset the offset, so it's hard to get the same level of responsive control for really pitched teamfights. I'd really prefer a Battlerite-esque camera setup, but Riot's seemingly forgotten about semi-locked entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
https://twitter.com/MarkYetter/status/1221928313226067968?s=19

Extremely overdue on the jungle XP. It bodes poorly when people are suggesting to do level 2 ganks / sitting at level 5 for what feels like an eternity / being two levels under the laners.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

ezreal isnt in every single game any more. we need to address this, and urgently

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Servaetes posted:

Extremely overdue on the jungle XP. It bodes poorly when people are suggesting to do level 2 ganks / sitting at level 5 for what feels like an eternity / being two levels under the laners.

It's probably come more to mind from the start of the pro season, and junglers sometimes being lower level and having less gold than supports.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Who could have possibly predicted Senna would not be played as support if she was at all good? It’s like Riot doesn’t even play their own game.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

strong bird posted:

ezreal isnt in every single game any more. we need to address this, and urgently
Seriously though: They should just make Ezreal's passive klepto (even if you made it weaker), instead of the current one. He'd get played more and you could actually balance it directly instead of having to figure out which of 12 levers of Ezreal Design to adjust on a given patch (or which to delete outright).

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Seriously though: They should just make Ezreal's passive klepto (even if you made it weaker), instead of the current one. He'd get played more and you could actually balance it directly instead of having to figure out which of 12 levers of Ezreal Design to adjust on a given patch (or which to delete outright).

You'd still have to keep rising spell force as well because ezreal would suck horribly without it. So he would probably be impossible to balance properly with that and another keystone.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Invalid Validation posted:

Who could have possibly predicted Senna would not be played as support if she was at all good? It’s like Riot doesn’t even play their own game.

isn't support like the second-most popular role these days

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Invalid Validation posted:

She's pretty evenly split right now, 57/43 between bot and support. So she's totally getting played support in soloq because the root is savage in lane and she's probably one of the best users of Umbral Glaive.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Monicro posted:

that seems unlikely

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

How Rude posted:

You'd still have to keep rising spell force as well because ezreal would suck horribly without it. So he would probably be impossible to balance properly with that and another keystone.
Give him better attack speed growth and you're halfway there.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

delete the champion outright

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

same for any champ for which the counterplay is to be bored

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
senna and ez need to be deleted. akali is fine. you need skill to make her op and her winrates reflect that?

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!

Midig posted:

Ok. It's a legit bug. Couldn't find Sett, could not ban him, the enemy team picks him. Legit bug. Happened multiple times now.

I would bet you're filtering for toplaners when you ban? The sort function looks at previous play to determine where a champ shows up, so when someone new comes out they don't show up anywhere (because there's no record to draw on) but the full champion list.

Try it out, likely just you.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Even that is a bug though. I wouldn't mind if it was intuitive or user friendly or just made sense.

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!

Midig posted:

Even that is a bug though. I wouldn't mind if it was intuitive or user friendly or just made sense.

I know your thing is being purposefully dumb but just stop and think. The filter shows champs played top last week or w/e. If a champ didn't exist last week there's no data to place him, so he doesn't get filtered. That's no more a bug then Annie not showing top even though sometimes people play her there; the system just sorts by number.

Edit: like just search sett pretty intuitive

threelemmings fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jan 28, 2020

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

I did obviously. But it doesn't say in bold text "weekly". It just gives me the option to filter between different roles. I see no way it would be self-explanatory that it would filter out a champ just because I decide to use the role filter.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
there are 150ish champions so i just type in names in the search bar unless im playing ahri, annie or camille.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

I know how a search bar works. I just didn't think Riot would insult my intelligence by suggesting that Sett wasn't a top lane champion, so I didn't take it as a given that I wouldn't be able to find him in the sorted list.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

maybe like mouse wheel down through the champs until you find a bunch of ones that start with "S" and then find the "Se"s and there's only three to choose from. But I feel for you that Riot is personally targeting you and thinks you're stupid. Gotta be a roughy.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

I thought Sett jungle was bad on release but now I think it's super strong.

Maybe he's just a strong champion?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yes he’s strong, I wouldn’t necessarily say overpowered but he’s definitely on the side of release Darius.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
He has a 56% winrate in toplane and 52% in jungle at plat plus. He's bonkers.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Sett is just the current strong punchman who beats up other pure melee punchmen, if you play any ranged champion into him or 1vs2 when he overextends there really isn't a lot he can do except die, just remember to sidestep the superpunch when he gets low and the very visible bar turns orange.

Servaetes posted:

https://twitter.com/MarkYetter/status/1221928313226067968?s=19

The jungle exp changes come earlier and earlier each year.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Rip Senna ADC, hopefully the nerfs aren’t significant because I was having a lot of fun learning to play her. :(

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Lightning Knight posted:

Rip Senna ADC, hopefully the nerfs aren’t significant because I was having a lot of fun learning to play her. :(

just play her as """"""support""""""

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Monicro posted:

In that people just play whatever fuckin non-marksman carry they want in bottom lane and call it "support", yes

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

frajaq posted:

just play her as """"""support""""""

I don’t like to do this, because I don’t enjoy when it happens to me and I don’t like to inflict it on other players.

I see there’s support builds for her using Chalice + Ardent Censor, along with an Umbral Glaive? A strange set of items but it’s clearly different than the AD build.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Boxman posted:

They’re doing a good job incorporating League into this game in interesting ways!

Someone over in the sub reddit also fixed up Yasuo for similar flavor:

legends of runeterra

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

If support was the second most popular role I wouldn’t get instant ques for it.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Support is the least or second least popular role, it's been neck and neck with top lane (which...fair)

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Lightning Knight posted:

I don’t like to do this, because I don’t enjoy when it happens to me and I don’t like to inflict it on other players.

I see there’s support builds for her using Chalice + Ardent Censor, along with an Umbral Glaive? A strange set of items but it’s clearly different than the AD build.

she's meant to be a support/adc hyberid so you're not doing anything riot doesn't itself condone

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

a fatguy baldspot posted:

she's meant to be a support/adc hyberid so you're not doing anything riot doesn't itself condone

That’s true but if you’re support Senna I would think you fundamentally need to build differently because wards still need to be placed and you will still be poor.

Senna, as far as I can tell, is not a hybrid character, she’s a character who can fill two related but fundamentally distinct roles with different builds using the same kit.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

She’ll only fill an underpowered support role pretty soon, so don’t get too attached.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

If you're sick of playing toplane and feeling like you have no impact, play chogath and block every skillshot in the game for your team with your thicc, 8000 HP body, and then outsmite every single other champion/ability combo with your heckin bite.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Lightning Knight posted:

That’s true but if you’re support Senna I would think you fundamentally need to build differently because wards still need to be placed and you will still be poor.

Senna, as far as I can tell, is not a hybrid character, she’s a character who can fill two related but fundamentally distinct roles with different builds using the same kit.

Her support build is very similar to her ADC build, since both are going to focus on lethality, the main difference is as support you're buying Umbral Glaive to clear wards first instead of a Duskblade. Remember you don't need to pay to upgrade support items any more, and that Senna has another source of income since she gets 3g for picking up souls so you're not going to be as starved for cash as you might think.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Drone_Fragger posted:

If you're sick of playing toplane and feeling like you have no impact, play chogath and block every skillshot in the game for your team with your thicc, 8000 HP body, and then outsmite every single other champion/ability combo with your heckin bite.

he also good mid. but i like kled now and i might play kled until i die irl

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Playing Kled is a good way to enjoy top lane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Midig posted:

I know how a search bar works.

doubtful

quote:

I just didn't think Riot would insult my intelligence

can't be done enough