Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you want from the chat thread in the new year?
This poll is closed.
Video games 100 14.08%
Not Video Games 46 6.48%
poo poo Posting 56 7.89%
Bowsette 128 18.03%
Polls 58 8.17%
No poll, How many times do I have to pick this? 53 7.46%
More General Horniness 103 14.51%
Less General Horniness 72 10.14%
Serious discussion of current issues 46 6.48%
Nothing. The thread is perfect the way it is :) 48 6.76%
Total: 294 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hey if your celebrity crush came out and said, “Yeah my celebrity crush is Jonathan Blow”, how would you feel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

“wow that’s messed up”

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't think Jonathan Blow is anyone's celebrity crush

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
jonathan blow "yeah my celebrity crush is me, jonathan blow"

me "oh that's weird"

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Songbearer posted:

Is Risk of Rain 2 any good as a solo game? I didn't like RoR1 much but it was fun enough with friends, that's not a high bar to pass though

yes

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

im actually speechless at anodyne 2 i have no idea how it keeps doing the things its doing. i wish i had played this last year when it came out bcos i wouldve put it top of my goty list no contenders.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
i am very lazy please remind me what your goty was

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Jay Rust posted:

Hey if your celebrity crush came out and said, “Yeah my celebrity crush is Jonathan Blow”, how would you feel?

"Good for him!"

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Looper posted:

just be me, master of useless whitenoise posting

fart

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

i am very lazy please remind me what your goty was

slay the spire a game i have 100s of hours in and this game ive played for like 7 hours knocks it off the top cleanly

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Some good loving news for once, https://www.torchlight3.com/en/news-article/11350673

Torchlight Frontiers is no longer an MMORPG that is free to play. The new devs that have taken over Torchlight have scrapped all of that, and are making it into a traditional action RPG with both offline / online modes, and it'll be sold for just one price (the previous games were like $20).

Glad to hear it. Any news on what the next class is? Are they at least keeping the other class stuff too?

Relax Or DIE posted:

hell yeah, glad they made that shift so they cap off the trilogy with another pretty bad arpg

Torchlight is good and I look forward to Torchlight 3 which, I poo poo you not, has a class that has you running around laying down track for your mini custom train that rides along and shoots at enemies and you can also summon a ghost train to run over enemies

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQoYiwW4Tyw

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jan 28, 2020

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
The only issue I see with that is you just know that even laying rail is going to be at like level 30 on the loving skill tree because everyone knows the fun part of games is watching numbers go up and not being able to do any fun things yet

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Stux posted:

im actually speechless at anodyne 2 i have no idea how it keeps doing the things its doing. i wish i had played this last year when it came out bcos i wouldve put it top of my goty list no contenders.

lol

Weedle
May 31, 2006

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

It's funny that when Doom was rebooted id chose to add the most popular fps elements to their classic series, cutscenes and platforming.

doom 2 has tons of platforming. definitely didn't need the long-winded audio logs in the reboot though. i was kind of hoping the story would be told non-verbally through set dressing and stuff. oh well

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I haven’t played New Doom but I remember people making a big deal of an early cutscene where your guy smashes a video screen to interrupt a villain’s monologue, does that attitude not carry through the rest of the game?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

I haven’t played New Doom but I remember people making a big deal of an early cutscene where your guy smashes a video screen to interrupt a villain’s monologue, does that attitude not carry through the rest of the game?

no and it makes it stand out even more and is probably the worst part of it. its not like theres 100s of them but a couple of times you get locked into a cutscene room and it sucks.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Mostly it does? but there are two or three annoying points where you're forced to listen to villains monologuing without being allowed to break their faces

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I felt like it carried through pretty well. When the robot who wants to help you finally meets you, he instantly shoots you with a stun gun before installing the upgrade in your suit because he knows you'll probably just blast him with a shotgun before he can open his mouth otherwise

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

SeXReX posted:

The only issue I see with that is you just know that even laying rail is going to be at like level 30 on the loving skill tree because everyone knows the fun part of games is watching numbers go up and not being able to do any fun things yet

You literally start with the ability to lay rail.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

for all its failings i do love the doom reboot because i can run around ripping out monster guts to industrial buttrock. what more could you want from a video game really

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

More games need to have a shut up monologing villian button.

Asura Wrath owned.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Electric Phantasm posted:

More games need to have a shut up monologing villian button.

Asura Wrath owned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lEDDMCstDw

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i mean its a minor complaint, doom 2016 is really good

asuras wrath pc port when

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

I'm not sure who K is, but I fully believe AKAB

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Khanstant posted:

Hate to break it to you but the K is for Khanstant.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Khanstant posted:

the k is for knight, bcos knights are medieval cops and one in that pic is telling me about how he respects my free speech

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
dust

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/shieldoath/status/1221794538072760320

https://twitter.com/shieldoath/status/1221946777261281280

So the ff14 director is a default character option in Nioh 2.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Don't Play As Defaults

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Songbearer posted:

Don't Play As Defaults

Playing as Defaults is haram. It should be banned, defaults should be expressly impossible because when you load up a character it should simply present you with a fully random character.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

nioh continues to own

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Which one is he?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Which one is he?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I had to play as the default manshep because he embodies two different marks, which is also my name

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Bottom right?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
In the Dark Souls games I just pick the default face and put a bucket or bag on my head ASAP. I’ll do the same for Nioh 2 probably

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

hatty posted:

In the Dark Souls games I just pick the default face and put a bucket or bag on my head ASAP.

do you do it in the game as well

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

more like jonathan blowhard

:smugdog:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I love The Witness so much and also I never ever want to hear that man speak on any topic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Songbearer posted:

do you do it in the game as well

No, I’m nude in the game