Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

Also Rust Bodd is the only good one, little Munchkin this is all your fault.

you're free to stop posting your dumb rear end opinions at any time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Bust Rodd posted:

:bustem:
You want me to post my prescriptions or my psychiatry bills so you can throughly vet that I’m allowed to say that? Calm the gently caress down Star Man

Cool look mate.

Double down harder.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Cool look mate.

Double down harder.

Unpopular opinion: I miss McMagic

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

PleasantDirge posted:

Unpopular opinion: I miss McMagic
But do you miss Angry Grimace

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
As bad as McMagic was, I never blocked him.

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it
what's a McMagic

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

fluffyDeathbringer posted:

what's a McMagic

Nm, what’s McMagic with you?

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
Fact or Fiction: mcmagic had mostly good opinions mostly poorly expressed

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

sit on my Facebook posted:

Fact or Fiction: mcmagic had mostly good opinions mostly poorly expressed

i'm putting "good opinions" in one pile and "poorly expressed" in the other

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
In non-Bust Bod related poo poo who's ready for this to be Legacy for the next 6 months: https://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=24435&f=LE

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

In non-Bust Bod related poo poo who's ready for this to be Legacy for the next 6 months: https://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=24435&f=LE

underworld breach is such a stupid card

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I guess banning Mox Opal in Modern at least took out the most obvious combo with it.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Clearly the problem is Enlightened Tutor

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

The problem with mcmagic wasn't so much that he said things that were wrong; Magic's a complicated game, if you don't say things that are wrong that means you're not saying anything. The problem was that he would fight about it for pages and the way he posted also made his posts annoying to read

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Yeah the all foil card boosters. I guess these are new?

Sadly I already opened them. They look really neat, and I wanted to use them to play but am worried about foil cards not being ok at my local store to play since I guess they warp? I really don’t know and am probably making something out of nothing

I took my deck with foils to the Portland gp and got deck checked first round. They didn’t ding me and no one mentioned or said anything about the foils all day. I just made sure that there wasn’t a pattern so like each set in the deck had a foil, a mix of the lands etc.

I was worried about this a few weeks back since I had some foils and there was a discussion about it in thread but they’ve been fine. The foils are fine. Double sleeving may help.

Yiggy fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jan 28, 2020

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Elyv posted:

The problem with mcmagic wasn't so much that he said things that were wrong

I'm gonna have to stop you right there

mcmagic posted:

Most people who play magic are very weird, or assholes or both. I don't think there is anything unique about the way women are treated at magic shops that is any different from the times myself or friends of mine have been treated badly.

mcmagic posted:

Thinking of taking RDW to Gameday with 4x Searing Blood main board and just rape the mirror....

mcmagic posted:

Really? Are we really that sensitive? I'm clearly not talking about actual rape here...

Let's not have revisionist history. McMagic is and was one of the most toxic, unrepentantly awful shitposters on the forum and not in the endearing nite crew drunkpost way.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I forgot mcmagic had bad opinions on things other than wizard cards, fair enough

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Toshimo posted:

Let's not have revisionist history.
In the thread following the game company that likes to pretend Black Summer is a year before it was?

But that was good stuff, I never realized he hit ignore numbers like that.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

Bust Rodd posted:

You want me to post my prescriptions or my psychiatry bills so you can throughly vet that I’m allowed to say that? Calm the gently caress down Star Man

Odd Burst

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Bort Duds.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
my duds are also named bort

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

non circle-jerk related: one thing i've noticed that irks me just a bit is that of two cards that are in the same set, one is called mystic sanctuary and the other is mystical dispute. why can't they both be either mystic or mystical?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

One is a sanctuary for mystics while the other is a dispute that has the property of being mystical

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

ooooh i see, okay. makes sense, thanks. please ignore my previous post

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Re: sleeves

The galaxy brain move was to buy a case of Ultra Pro Metallics in 2002 when they were worth a poo poo, like me

Those things are indestructible

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Silhouette posted:

Re: sleeves

The galaxy brain move was to buy a case of Ultra Pro Metallics in 2002 when they were worth a poo poo, like me

Those things are indestructible

Same but the old, original KMC Hypermattes. I got like 4 "kits" worth off of massdrop so many years ago and I'm just now starting to run low, and that's with something like 6-7 EDH decks, 5 pauper decks, and a handful of other random cards double sleeved in perfect fits and the hypers.

Sadly, the new formula is garbage so I'm starting to slowly transition over to Katanas. They shuffle quite well so far.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

Dragon sleeves matte black are good enough for me. They're widely available so getting more is never a problem, and they're really solid. it's a shame they're only cut to the same length per box, meaning you can't use bunches of those 25 spare for competitive decks. the ultimate guard katanas are also kind of nice, but expensive and they're just a bit too short so the card is always almost sticking out

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I buy sleeves from the $1 bin at my store. Sometimes they have WotC logos and cool card art on them!

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
i hope they match!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
My store has The Princess Bride sleeves and one day I’ll have a Mono-U deck covered in Wallace Shaun shouting “Inconceivable!”

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
New set : Unsanctioned

https://twitter.com/cracked/status/1222190495729885191

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

and also decklists in the article with new un cards and old un reprints

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Too many good basic arts recently, start making bad ones again

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
one of those UN cards mentions Mutate. That’s the new Ikora mechanic. Haven’t seen any cards with it yet but it’s described as a mix of Bestow and Augment

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Tainen posted:

one of those UN cards mentions Mutate. That’s the new Ikora mechanic. Haven’t seen any cards with it yet but it’s described as a mix of Bestow and Augment

drop your spoilers right now young man

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

GoutPatrol posted:

Too many good basic arts recently, start making bad ones again

It's like the opposite of the last un-set basics for me, I like the frame but the art sucks now.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

My wild prediction is super powerful creatures you can't put in your deck that you can wish out under certain conditions. Synchro summoning basically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

wow Rings a Bell looks annoying to play against

seems neat overall though