Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

lancemantis posted:

i wonder how much startup garbage gets pitched where its some long standing product or concept that the founders have just simply never encountered because they spent their whole lives in upper class suburbia and institutions

They have to have known about pocket squares at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

lancemantis posted:

i wonder how much startup garbage gets pitched where its some long standing product or concept that the founders have just simply never encountered because they spent their whole lives in upper class suburbia and institutions

It's a combination of this and them extrapolating on poo poo that they know isn't actually original but have forgotten. Like how uber and poo poo get called "ride sharing" instead of taxis, so people quickly stop considering them taxis. And then one day some dude at Uber or wherever, who hasn't used any transport other than Uber for like 5 years, goes "So what if we used our data to work out where the high volume routes are. Then we could contract in vehicles that could hold like 30-50 people and have them go along those routes at peak times. That would make it it a lot cheaper for people who don't want to get their own individual rideshare!" Boom, our dude thinks he's invented the bus.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
i mean i wouldn't be surprised if a large share of uber corporate employees have never taken a bus and just forgot they existed

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

T-man posted:

i thought i invented solar powered garbage compactor bins until I saw a fluffy news segment on the start up that made them and how good an idea it was.

I was approx. 6 at the time.

To be fair those are a actually useful thing and public parks benefit greatly from them

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Shame Boy posted:

I read the wiki page to refresh my memory and here's my favorite part

Yep the declaration of independence definitely doesn't say anything about a right to, idk, life or anything.

e: lol

As opposed to what we have now, where I love them dearly like the benevolent master I am

yep they were straightup union busters p early on. my extremely left wing stepdad wouldn't set foot in there for a long time because of it

though it really shouldn't be surprising that a company founded by a libertarian was a-ok with employee drug use

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
oh that ai t wven the thread

Yavuz
Oct 9, 2019

lancemantis posted:

https://twitter.com/moorehn/status/1215602784319549441

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

donoteat posted:

popping in to say alice wrote this thread, i must direct the credit to where credit is due

ah well praise be, naxalite Maoist helicopter loving rules

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

tell alice she stole my name and there can only be one, friday at high noon, transgender agenda hq

thicc_waluigi
Jan 5, 2019

Every reply to tweets advertising the Sonic the Hedgehog movie is right wingers claiming they'll boycott it due to Jim Carey:

https://mobile.twitter.com/catsfortrump1/status/1222020279955685376

Unless this person is talking about Sonic the Hedgehog

edit: maybe even more on topic for this thread

https://mobile.twitter.com/TailsThePhoenix/status/1221580807191568387

thicc_waluigi has issued a correction as of 06:07 on Jan 28, 2020

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

thicc_waluigi posted:

Every reply to tweets advertising the Sonic the Hedgehog movie is right wingers claiming they'll boycott it due to Jim Carey:

well i mean

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

thicc_waluigi posted:

I mean

e: lol beaten almost exactly

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Someone tweet that at them

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

In lieu of a NIMBY thread (afaik) you can have this

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

thicc_waluigi posted:

What has Jim Carey done now? I know he's some kind of hippie dippie, but has he done anything?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

spacetoaster posted:

What has Jim Carey done now? I know he's some kind of hippie dippie, but has he done anything?

he’s said trump is a doodoobutt

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

he’s said trump is a doodoobutt

so what you're saying he's a full on tankie

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

spacetoaster posted:

IIRC he also tweeted an original painting of a certain Euro Parliament's famous grandfather hanging out

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

https://twitter.com/adage/status/1221838083341111298?s=19

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

CommonShore posted:

IIRC he also tweeted an original painting of a certain Euro Parliament's famous grandfather hanging out

What?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

mussolini

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Mussolini's fascist granddaughter, who is an Italian mp, got mad online because he painted Mussolini's execution

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

imagine thinking capitalism is good

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

bike tory posted:

Silicon valley dudes thinking they've invented something very commonplace is my favourite thing. Like those guys who thought they'd invented the cabin, and had called it like the "holiday micro home 2.0" or some poo poo

Forever best was the guy who "invented" a method of standing which didn't put as much strain on the legs as regular standing, but didn't involve sitting.

Yes, he invented leaning.

Yes, he wanted money for it.

EDIT:

$600 each.

Or the premium model, a bargain at $800:

Megillah Gorilla has issued a correction as of 16:01 on Jan 28, 2020

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

spacetoaster posted:

He paints (slightly) exaggerated portraits of Trump and associated ghouls

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Forever best was the guy who "invented" a method of standing which didn't put as much strain on the legs as regular standing, but didn't involve sitting.

Yes, he invented leaning.

Yes, he wanted money for it.

EDIT:

$600 each.

Or the premium model, a bargain at $800:

I have a business proposition, it's like those invention shows but I get to beat the inventors to death with their thing if it's stupid.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

thicc_waluigi posted:

super sonic is yellow this movie is a sham

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
I'm going to get the $50 add-on that will tickle my taint.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Weaponized Autism posted:

I'm going to get the $50 add-on that will tickle my taint.

Our theatre doesn't have that option for Sonic showings

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

This is just...incredible. Breathtaking. There are so many layers to it.

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba

ikanreed posted:

Mussolini's fascist granddaughter, who is an Italian mp, got mad online because he painted Mussolini's execution

"Execution" LMAO. he was lynched by his own people. Mussolini died an incredibly painful and ignoble death at the hands of the very same thuggish society he worked so hard to cultivate. It's hard to overstate how powerfully he owned himself.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

This thread is insanely loving funny and I'm bookmarking it for future rainy days. I was IRL laughing at [crashing helicopters with] the very concept of air (Pakistan).

Serf
May 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/hasanthehun/status/1222206528498761734?s=20

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Ugato posted:

super sonic is yellow this movie is a sham

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Doccykins posted:

They're called Team Leaders so the real management doesn't have to pay them manager wages

My brother worked at Whole Foods for 10 years, made his way up to assistant store manager. Once Bezos took over, unreasonable demands came in from regional management. They basically turned the stores into Amazon warehouses. He was working 16 hour days and for less pay since they eliminated performance bonuses. Since he was salaried, he had people below him making more money than him with their overtime. He quit and hasn't looked back.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

https://twitter.com/neoliberal_dad/status/1221939031023460352
This article introduced me to Amazon's Camperforce© which is a thing that should not exist.

I started to google what it was and saw this and got nauseous and didn't click any farther:

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Hobo, but slave is a great new capitalist invention

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Flex lounge sounds like a gym themed night club where you get drunk while lifting weights. If I ever have to sit in one of those things I am going to stare at the guy across from me like hannibal lector and not say anything for the entire ten hour flight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I'm guessing this is a seat configuration option for if you buy all 4 seats? For example China airlines had a thing at one point where if you bought 3 seats in a row in economy they could be made into a bed.