Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

KentuckyFriedBonBon posted:

I found a badge maker at a thrift store, and I can already tell I will be going mad with power.

(It didn't actually turn out that great because it was a lo-res picture I got off google and I didn't get the plastic lined up right but I'm still happy with it, which is the most Nekonaughey thing of all.)
Nice success. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

KentuckyFriedBonBon posted:

I found a badge maker at a thrift store, and I can already tell I will be going mad with power.

(It didn't actually turn out that great because it was a lo-res picture I got off google and I didn't get the plastic lined up right but I'm still happy with it, which is the most Nekonaughey thing of all.)

Now you gotta make sets of Nekonaughey and Bunny pins and hand them out to sets of friends.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

SubNat posted:

It seems mine does not.
Is there any chance you could borrow it and scan/photograph them? It would be very interesting to see those strips in action, especially since they were made like a decade before the strips I've been posting.

Can do. Remind me in few weeks if I forgot (my sleeping schedule is silly, so they often close before I get off the work).

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Sorry for the confusion - I meant to say post the SGR shorts after the conclusion of this mystery. If no one objects, I'll dive in at that time!

Modesty Blaise

CLASSIC Working Daze

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Kennel posted:

Can do. Remind me in few weeks if I forgot (my sleeping schedule is silly, so they often close before I get off the work).

Nice, that's great.
I've still got 11 more stories to post once Family Life is done, but it would be fun to sneak in 'Story #0' in between some of them as an intermission of sorts.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I just wanted to say...

Success!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

It's like watching someone take a cartooning class.

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

"Go ahead and schedule her an appointment for anytime after I've had my fingers surgically separated from my chin."

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

That's really ominous. Is he going to die in a car crash or something?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I actually think it's cool Jam is figuring out how to draw with a stylus to get Mark Trail up to snuff, it's easy to mock but I think there's been big improvements over the past week.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

That man has a magic hat.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

PetraCore posted:

I actually think it's cool Jam is figuring out how to draw with a stylus to get Mark Trail up to snuff, it's easy to mock but I think there's been big improvements over the past week.

Agreed but it's also funny in its absurdity

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Johnny Walker posted:

Mark Trail

It's like watching someone take a cartooning class.

Dude straight up drew a gnome.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

EBB posted:

They really phone it in with the "current events we think are nerdy" strips but this is just extra lazy. The only time they talk about sports is pickle ball, which I had never heard of before this trash came out. This comic sucks so loving much.
Hey, just be grateful Zakour and Roberts didn't have him beaming up to the loving Enterprise.

The most Rhode Island strip.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze honestly surprised me with this one.

Check out the guy wearing one of those collared basketball jersey shirts. You know, the ones you see all over the place.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

PetraCore posted:

I definitely think today's is worlds better than that one infamous strip last week, for sure, and I do think it's neat that he's putting some effort into improving his skills. However I suspect he's actually drawing more and the tablet is the excuse he has for the quality of his drawings, which I think is kind of funny since he's shown himself to be kind of an rear end in a top hat who is full of himself and has been a professional comic strip artist on a marquee strip for years now.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Der Shovel posted:

Check out the guy wearing one of those collared basketball jersey shirts. You know, the ones you see all over the place.

Looks like they googled the shirt and just masked it out for each character's normal outfit.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

How much times has passed in this strip?!

How is she back to her normal look already?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

The comic skips some lines so the dialogue becomes a bit weird. In the book Bernhard humble brags how he loved 30 women already (classy dude) and Kreeta implies that she thinks that he is princess Juliana's lover.

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

1997 Viivi & Wagner

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

PetraCore posted:

I'm genuinely proud of him!

Now he just needs to learn to pace a story and also what human beings sound like when they talk.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Nekonaughey

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Ghostlight posted:

Nekonaughey

:same:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Yvonmukluk posted:

Bad Machinery

As The_Other points out they follow this case (well, technically this and Hard Yards), so if you could wait until then you're more than welcome to take over.

Hard Yards goes places man. I'm not sure I like all those places, but it goes there.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I'm still mad about that super racist zits

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

ikanreed posted:

I'm still mad about that super racist zits

It's also got the bonus of being sexist.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

howe_sam posted:

Hard Yards goes places man. I'm not sure I like all those places, but it goes there.

Is the time travel stuff canon or no? I liked the mystery kids.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

CommonShore posted:

Agreed but it's also funny in its absurdity
Heavily agreed. I do think the results from today's are actually better than the pre-tablet strips, but there's still some real wonky proportions. Nice background, tho.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I'm still really amused that this is the result of Jams going "I'll show you, Vargo! I'll show youuuuuu!!! :argh:"

(I'm still waiting for Dr. Vargo either being a cackling villain or killed in a humiliating manner)

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I've really come to love Reboot.. I'm trying to figure out how to make an av from one of his panels that's almost, but not quite, perfect for it:

If only that circle extended all the way around, I could isolate this and make it transparent and it'd be a perfect goon av.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Vargo posted:

I'm genuinely proud of him!

Now he just needs to learn to pace a story and also what human beings sound like when they talk.
Baby steps, man. He's a professional cartoonist, you can't expect him to learn his actual craft all in one go.

Ghostlight posted:

Nekonaughey

:same:

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

I love this and I can't stop watching it

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Discendo Vox posted:

I've really come to love Reboot.. I'm trying to figure out how to make an av from one of his panels that's almost, but not quite, perfect for it:

If only that circle extended all the way around, I could isolate this and make it transparent and it'd be a perfect goon av.

Filling the excess space is the hard bit, I can only provide shameful mousework and it wantsdeserves better.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Jun. 26, 1937)

Bingo Bango
Jan 7, 2020

LadyPictureShow posted:

The magic of living gluten-free and the power of love

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Star Wars is just a high pitched squeal

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Hah, I had forgotten how silly Merlin's costume is in classic Val.

Everyone else spent months working on their LARP costumes, but this dude bought a $20 wizard suit from Walmart.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jan 29, 2020

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Probably shouldn't be keeping it in a bowl then

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

goatface posted:

Filling the excess space is the hard bit, I can only provide shameful mousework and it wantsdeserves better.

Thank you thank you thank you!

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

LadyPictureShow posted:

A lot of the weight gain in Hashimoto's is puffiness/water weight, so a person can drop it pretty quickly once treatment takes hold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Catchup time, part 1: The dicks tracy and 70s comics.

1978 Comics

Dick Tracy

Major Crime Squad

Locher Tracy