Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Zum wohl is a German idiom frequently used like "Cheers" when eating or drinking. I think the literal translation is something like "to health" or "your health"

Entertainingly sinister in this context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

1234567890num posted:

You think they'll find us here, my lord?
No, the likelihood of that is slim, for now. We've ensured that only a select few of of our operatives know this location.
But, are we just going to let them do this to us!?

Is this guy dealing with DID? or is that middle one suppose to be the other guy?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

God I completely forgot about this guy. I think he appears in literally three scenes in this game, not counting the X missions.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

tarbrush posted:

Zum wohl is a German idiom frequently used like "Cheers" when eating or drinking. I think the literal translation is something like "to health" or "your health"

Entertainingly sinister in this context.

Added to the update.

mateo360 posted:

Is this guy dealing with DID? or is that middle one suppose to be the other guy?

I'm pretty sure they're supposed to be different people :effort:

SSNeoman posted:

God I completely forgot about this guy. I think he appears in literally three scenes in this game, not counting the X missions.

He appears in 4 scenes, actually :v:

1234567890num fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jan 29, 2020

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we're still in the clear.
We have the wind on our side. The direction is perfect. The timer has been set to two minutes; once airborne, GUILT will spread all over the city.
Our next target is the station. Let's move.
Yes... Let Operation Hades begin. Sinners, prepare for your journey to your final resting place!
For the glory of Delphi!

"Terrorist activity is suspected! Support teams are being requested by the federal government. All emergency team personnel are to prepare for immediate dispatch!"

What!? drat... They've done it...
Didn't the cops have 'em practically cornered!? They must have gotten desperate!
GUILT outbreaks in multiple locations... How many people have been affected!?
I don't know, but we need to hurry!
Right, Doctor!

S-So many people have collapsed! Are they all GUILT victims!?
Some of the test results are coming in now! ...Chiral reactions are positive. It should be Tetarti!

Again?

Chief, we need to start treating people, now!
Derek, wait! We just received information from the other districts. There are reports of patients in critical condition coming from at least four city blocks! We need to divide our team up and begin treatment! Clarks and Sears, head to the central area.
Understood. Let's move, Leslie!

*Clarks and Leslie leave*

Chase and Ross, there's an area marked south of here. You two head over there!
Right!
...No, wait a second, Chief Kasal!
Angie...?
This is Heather's first experience dealing with GUILT. Dr. Stiles is more familiar with the disease, so... I think she should work with him. That way, I can assist Dr. Chase with our treatment should be more effective!
Ms. Thompson...

Angie actually being considerate?! :aaaaa:

Very well. Angie, please head south with Dr. Chase. Hurry!
Yes! Dr. Stiles, you'll have to take care of Ms. Ross!
No problem!
You two head north to the commercial district. Good luck!
Alright, let's go, Heather!
Yes, sir!
There are so many infected... They must have dispersed GUITL into the air. We have to stop it from causing any more damage!

That doesn't look north to me... :thunk:

Ngh...! Is it this bad everywhere!? Heather, we have to begin!
I'm ready...! But, Doctor, can Caduceus handle this many patients!?
Right now... we don't have a choice!

Despite what the story implied, we only have one patient in this operation.

Heather, try to stay calm.
Y-Yes, I'm sorry! Let's begin the briefing. This patient is infected with the GUILT called "Tetarti." Preliminary tests show that there are already poisonous polyps formed on the liver's outer skin. There is one objective for this operation:
  • Eliminate Tetarti.
Doctor...
Don't worry, I won't let this kid die!
Yes, Doctor!

Operation Video

W-Well, let's get started.
Heather.
Y-Yes!?
Just relax for a second, and take a deep breath.
OK...
I know that you're probably nervous, being that this is your first GUILT operation... But don't worry. Just assist me as you would on a normal operation.
...Understood, Dr. Stiles.
Great. Let's begin!

In Tetarti operations, it's best to use HT right at the beginning.

Otherwise, you'll waste a lot of its duration waiting for Tetarti to turn white.

Everything is pretty simple, as per the usual Tetarti operation.

Chiral reaction is decreasing drastically. If we continue at this pace, we'll--

:stare: Welp. Guess there's nothing we can do.

D-Dr. Stiles! Tetarti has resurfaced, but... it's a color we haven't seen before! What are we supposed to do!? There's no time to ready a new serum! The patient will--
Don't worry, Heather. We already have a new serum ready for it. An antigen sample was found that Delphi had left behind at their hideout.
An antigen sample?
Yes, it was a premature sample of the fifth color of Tetarti. R&D created a serum from it.
Then... we'll be able to save this patient!
Exactly. Let's continue eliminating Tetarti!

Never mind. We're in the clear. How convenient!

With 5 colors out of 3 Tetarti, there are 24 possible combinations. That's 6 times as many as with 4 colors, and 24 times as many as with 3 colors.

That said, 24 times 0 is still 0. Tetarti might move faster as we keep treating them, but they still shouldn't be an issue.

...Eradication of Tetarti has been confirmed. I'm so glad... Dr. Stiles, let's close him up.

Honestly, Tetarti operations are some of the easiest to get XS in.

Dr. Stiles... Are you sure you're alright? That was your eighth surgery... Shouldn't you take a few minutes to--
There are too many lives in danger! I need to keep going!
Doctor... If only we had a little support...
I know you must be exhausted, but hang in there!
...I know, Dr. Stiles. I'll assist you until we're done!
That's the spirit! Now, please sanitize the operating table for the next procedure!
Right away, Doctor!

...Dr. Niguel...!?
The charts say the infection type is Tetarti!
Alright. Then, why don't you give this stuff a shot...?
What is this...? Some kind of new medicine?
Yeah, it's that "weapon" developed by the Hands of Asclepius, in conjunction with Acropolis... According to them, it's a serum that genetically induces necrosis in GUILT.

:eng101: Necrosis is the death of most/all cells in an organ/tissue.

Really...!? But, have its effects been tested?
Yeah... It arrived with a report from none other than Professor Blackwell. It still pisses me off that those HOA bastards managed to come up with this... But all the same, this is a real GUILT killer. Just confirm what strain of GUILT you're dealing with, and administer the appropriate serum!
Got it. Heather, go ahead and bring in the patient!
Right away!

I never imagined having to bring you into this...
I don't have as much stamina as I used to, but I'm glad I was able to get through all the patients. It seems the HOA's doctors were put to the test, as well.
Yes, I heard they brought in more than 50 surgeons.

Sidney is too tired to use proper grammar :eng99:

But, the damage was kept to a minimum because of the HOA's efforts as well as that serum.
I'm glad to hear that. I have to say, their new medication is impressive.
Yes, but I've also heard some things about that serum... Rumor has it Mr. Mercer used his connections to get it pushed through the approval process... I hope that no side effects emerge as a result.
I agree. They're saying that this will end the war on GUILT... I just hope that will be the case.
Me too, although I think it's still early to let our guard down.

"While several patients remain in critical condition, doctors assure us of a survival rate of 100%. Many are lauding this success as a miracle, but the reality is more scientific, and less divine. The Hands of Asclepius have come forward with a new serum they claim will end the GUILT threat. HOA CEO, Patrick Mercer, was on hand at a press conference held shortly after the emergency. He stated, 'the GUILT virus will soon become a footnote in the history of our nation.' The HOA has succeeded in ending its threat, and all that remains is the terrorists' apprehension."

Mercer stole Angie's comment about footnotes! :argh:

Turn it off...
My lord?
I said, turn it off!
Y-Yes, sir!
How... How did our GUILT... There was no way Operation Hades could end in failure...! We released concentrated GUILT at the perfect locations... Does this mean that the teachings of Adam are false!?
The Hands of Asclepius... And Acropolis, too... My vengeance shall be swift...!

Spoiler: Heinrich will do jack poo poo to HOA and Acropolis.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Shady mostly untested drug that coincidentally kills guilt instantly
I'm sure it's fine

I am surprised this wasn't a marathon mission. I wonder if they planend to have one at some point but decided against it? It's the perfects et up.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

I'm a big fan of this giant Dracula painting

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
god i still cant get over how cartoonishly evil Deplhi is.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

PhazonLink posted:

god i still cant get over how cartoonishly evil Deplhi is.

They're also really really wedded to that ochre and black color scheme. To the point that they wear it while out on covert assignments.

Wait a second.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I think Delphi in UtK was sinister because they were Aum Shinrikyu except with anime science labs all over so that's why they got away with it. Sorta how every western FPS has some radical fundamentalist force in some [vaguely] middle eastern country as an antagonist.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I think Delphi sticks out more this time also because we have two other medical organizations that were being posed as antagonists and they don't want the............"realistic".......overtones reused for a third organization

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

...Still suffering from your chronic depression, Dr. Chase? C'mon, you need to try to be positive in times like these.
Psh, easier said than done. We're short on supplies, we're understaffed... It's hard not to be depressed... don'tcha think?
Well, that's true, but--
And ever since that GUILT outbreak, everybody's been singing the HOA's praises... What about us? If this keeps up, we may lose even more funding.
Shhh! Dr. Chase, now's not the best time to bring that up...
What are you so worried about? We should be able to openly discuss--

Whoa! Victor isn't just having a bad day... He looks like he's gonna kill someone!
Well... SInce that serum created by the HOA produced such great results... ...The government has considered centralizing all the GUILT research at Acropolis. And if that happens, Dr. Niguel will be forced to hand over his materials to... them.
Oh man, that sucks... But hey, where are Derek and Angie today? Don't tell me they both took the day off... We don't have enough people as it is.
No, the police requested their support, so they're out this morning.
The cops, huh... Sucks to be them, too. ...Wait a second, if those two aren't here, that means...
That's right, you've got quite a few patients waiting for you, Doctor. I've already prepared their charts, so have fun!
Awww, give me a break...

Our sources have confirmed that this is one of their bases of operation. The SWAT team will be conducting a raid there... But we're taking precautions. They could still attempt to use GUILT as a retaliatory weapon. In the event that they do resort to that, we'd like to have you on hand. Just in case.
Of course. We'd be glad to help.
But...
...Hm?
Why did you request us, and not the Hands of Asclepius? I hate to admit it, but they've gained a better reputation than Caduceus. And they have a larger pool of doctors too...
...Well, to tell you the truth, my superiors did tell me to ask the HOA for their support. But, I know what the two of you were able to do when President Mayuzumi was kidnapped... I just figured I'd go with people who have a good track record.

I'm glad SOMEONE actually appreciate our efforts.

I appreciate your confidence in us.
At times like this, you want dependable people on your team.
...Um, are you implying...
...?
...that you don't trust the HOA doctors?
A-Angie....
Well, the medical team over at the HOA is the best, hands down. Still, I can't really put my finger on it... Something just doesn't seem right about them.
...?

*Radio beeps*

Excuse me. ...Alright. Thanks. They're ready to strike. We need to get you two in position at the standby point.
O-OK...

Can you guess how many patients we'll have this update?

We can't get past 'em! We're stuck!
Put them to sleep with fentanyl!
Got it!
Captain! They released some sort of gas! A few of our men are down!
Alright, fall back! We need an analysis of that gas! Try to-- What the!? Look out!!

*Sound of car leaving*

...I don't know... It doesn't seem like things are going as planned. Should we--

*Someone cocks a gun*

*gasp*
Angie!
Make one sound and I'll kill her.
Wh-What do you want...?
Move toward me. Slowly. Don't even think about alerting the others.

There's no sign of the hostiles who dispensed the gas either!
It must have been a diversion! Contact the others outside! Have them expand their perimeter!
Yes, sir! Captain! One of our own wagons is missing!
What!? ...! The doctors! Are they alright!?
There's no sign of them!
Dear God...!

Alright... But don't let your guard down. We've got an injured comrade. That's going to make it hard to get past an inspection point... Regardless, we need to get as far away from this area as possible!
D-Doctor...
Try to stay calm, Angie. We don't want to aggravate them...
This could be risky, but we don't really have a choice. I guess we're lucky to have doctors as hostages. Hey, Doctor! You better know surgery... because you're gonna treat my friend here!

If you guessed that we'll have one patient today, you're correct. Congratulations! :toot:

What!? You mean, here!? In the car!?
You heard me! Now move to the back seat! He's got a broken arm! That Caduceus crest isn't just for show, now is it?
What makes you think we'll cooperate?
*Cocks gun* I don't remember giving you a choice! Fix that injury, now! And if we run into the police, you're going to tell them we're on the way to a hospital!
...Alright.
Doctor...!?
We have to act like professionals, Angie. This man is injured. It's our obligation to provide treatment.
...I understand. Just tell me what to do.
Quit wasting time!

The patient seems to have been injured while he was escaping, and--!

*Car swerves*

Hey! Don't be so reckless! You expect us to operate on this guy while the whole car's shaking!?
Shut your drat mouth! All I care about right now is putting some distance between us and the cops! You two need to suck it up and treat him! Don't forget... We only need one hostage!
Wha--!?
...Angie, please continue with the briefing.
...Y-Yes, Doctor. During his escape, the terrorist was hit by an oncoming car. He has suffered a fracture in his right arm.

It would've been more plausible if he was shot while escaping, to be honest.

This doesn't look so good... It's definitely a compound fracture. We can't fix it with any simple first aid procedure. We'll need to operate...
In that case, the operation objectives will be:
  • Treat the external injuries.
  • Treat the fractured arm.
...And that should be it. But the problem is--
I know. It's not so much the patient's condition as it is the situation we're in. I can't get a good view of the affected area all cramped in a car like this. Plus, it's so dark... Hey you guys, do you have a flashlight or something? It's really hard to see back here!
Don't ask dumb questions! Make due with what you've got!
...!
Doctor...
This is gonna be tough... but we don't have a choice. There's a patient in front of us, and he needs medical attention...
You're right...

Operation Video

Um...

It's too dark to see anything! How are we supposed to operate like this!?
Alright already! Stop whining! Maybe this will help!
A penlight...?
Doctor, this should suffice! Let's use this to carry out the operation!

We can now select the penlight and then tap an area to illuminate it. Sliding the screen with the penlight selected will move the illuminated area.

Now we can see at least a small portion of the operation field. If you'd like me to move the location of the light, slide it to where you'd like to see. First, let's confirm the external injuries with the penlight and treat them.

The wounds and their locations are always the same, so you can memorize them. There's 3 lacerations and 2 cuts, so it shouldn't be too hard.

Even if you don't want to memorize, there's no harm in spreading gel everywhere :v:

Doing the initial incision is a bit trickier. We need to find the starting point of the line. We don't need to find the ending point, though; the game will automatically end the cut for us.

That applies in the other operations, but you're unlikely to notice during those times. It's definitely a very useful feature either way, though.

It seems that the broken bones are lodged into the arm... Use the penlight to confirm the direction they're lodged in, and then retrieve the bone fragments.

After we remove the first bone, the game will reveal the OTHER gimmick of this operation.

One bone fragment has been retrieved. Please extract the next one in the same manner.

Aah!
H-Hey! Watch how you're driving! We're trying to treat your friend back here!
We've got our own problems, lady! Just shut up and keep working on him!
Don't be ridiculous! At least warn us before you're going to make a sharp turn like that!
Tch! ...Fine!
Doctor, they're going to let us know beforehand when the car's about to make a sharp turn. Please halt the treatment while the car is turning.

The Delphi agent will warn us when the car begins to shake, and Angie will give us a second warning right before the car turns. If our Stylus is on the screen when the car turns, it will count as a Miss.

It's pretty much just like a fibrillation except there won't be a cardiac arrest afterwards.

Otherwise, this operation is just like our first. Minus the crocodile teeth.

All bone fragments have been affixed. We're... done treating everything.

Huh!? NOW we get some light!
Looks like we entered a tunnel.
Figures... ...It's a pretty long tunnel, Doctor. Now's your chance to close him up.

In all operations with darkness gimmick, the light appears just before closing up. Because the game doesn't have space for two miscellaneous tools.

That was difficult... But we pulled through, Doctor!
...But, what's going to happen to us now?
I wish I could say something more reassuring, but... Don't worry, Angie. I'm sure they'll rescue us. All we can do for now is believe that.
I guess you're right...

I missed the bonus for getting 9 Cools. There's a total of 12 potential Cools, but 6 of them are from bone shards.

As I said from the first operation, I don't know how they rank removing bones. So those 6 are pretty much random :shrug:

He won't have to worry about losing functionality in his arm.
...It's no wonder you represent Caduceus... Dr. Stiles.
...!
I had a feeling I'd seen your face before, but watching your operation confirms it. Hahaha, what luck to have captured the archnemesis of Delphi!

Even DELPHI acknowledge our efforts more than the government :confuoot:

...What are you going to do with us?
Do you even have to ask? You will face your judgment before His Excellency... And you as well, Angie Thompson.
...!
If we haven't seen the police by now, there's no way they'll catch us. We don't need hostages anymore... Now, I'll consider you as sinners! Hahahahaha!
Ngh...!

Nothing good happened in this entire chapter... :ohdear:

Don't you feel GUILTy for plagiarism?

1234567890num posted:

7-1 The Rose's Thorns

The toxicosis gimmick might be unique to this game, but the tumors are not. There's a darkness gimmick in NB, but obviously not here. We'll get that darkness gimmick later. Hoo boy do we get that :ohdear:

The darkness gimmick works pretty much exactly just like this game except that they have a strangely steady lighter. There being no tumors makes this operation much easier.

NB in turn plagiarizes this gimmick from SO. The operation there is an accident, with lacerations and gashes. It's about on par with this operation in difficulty.

That operation also has the penlight running out of battery, requiring Naomi to use the camera flash. I guess they couldn't figure out how to shoehorn that into NB or this game :j:

We're not done yet with the plagiarizing, though.

1234567890num posted:

5-1 Face Off

This operation has the whole ligaments thing. The stick in NB is much shorter and visible from the start, but UtK2 has no convulsion. I'd rate them about the same difficulty if not for the fact that this is part of a marathon operation.

Yep, Both of this operation's gimmicks are plagiarized! :confuoot:

There's no sound cue in the other games, but I don't think you can miss all the shaking. In NB's case, the shaking is implied to be caused by a new anesthesia.

In UtK/SO it's caused by a turbulence. Which can happen because they're operating on a plane. ...Yeah, these games are anime as gently caress, if you haven't noticed.

Worth noting that this is the last non GUILT related operation in UtK/SO, though. And it occurred in Chapter 3. Out of 6.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

This episode is what forced me to admit that Heinrich did have multiple minions, and not just one unhinged guy who talked to himself a lot.

On the flipside, that adds a new joke to an earlier episode...

EDIT:

Sorry, I didn't know... Which way is the ward?
It's right over there. Where'd you come from anyway?
I just got lost... Sorry. Over there you said, right?
Doctor, didn't we pass by that man while we were IN the ward earlier?
Hm... I'm not sure... Did we?

We thought that he got caught after planting the GUILT at Elysium, and made up an excuse. But no, Angie had in fact seen his identical twin.

MightyPretenders fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Feb 2, 2020

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Delphi probably cloned up a bakers dozen of these guys or something.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I can't get over how much more 4 Lions got between the games. Kind of makes sense I guess but still.

"You gave GUILT to a sheep!?" --head Delphi dude, probably

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato

1234567890num posted:

At times like this, you want dependable people on your team.
...Um, are you implying...
...?
...that you don't trust the HOA doctors?
A-Angie....
Well, the medical team over at the HOA is the best, hands down. Still, I can't really put my finger on it... Something just doesn't seem right about them.
Here's more of that 'your words/actions imply things whether you intend it or not' Japan loves and Angie/Adel weaponize, but besides that, maybe the Something is the one HOA doctor we saw had spaced-out Delphi-like eyes.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
so this is circumstantial but I think the whole "literally a bioterror attack oh by the way 0 fatalities thanks to doctors" really does suggest Derek literally never lost a patient before a few chapters ago in this game. It's the only way I can read that whole situation now - because the idea of a bioterror strike killing absolutely nobody just... what?

McNally posted:

They're also really really wedded to that ochre and black color scheme. To the point that they wear it while out on covert assignments.

Wait a second.

okay even though I see Mercer as having gigantic flashing neon signs saying I AM A VILLAIN I didn't catch this. That's great.

Psion fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Feb 3, 2020

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

(It's been a while since they blindfolded us... Where could we be...? If the car kept going west, we could be all the way past Santa Balboa... I can tell the road is really steep and curvy... We must be on a mountain or something...) "...Angie, are you OK?"

Angie: "Yes..."

Hey, who told you to speak!?

Derek: "......"

Derek: "......"

OK, get out! Don't try anything stupid!
(Where are we...? ...Wait, that mountain looks familiar...!)
What a huge mansion... It's like a castle!
Shut up and keep walking!
...... (This is such a remote area... Is this Delphi's main hideout?)

Welcome to my manor... Dr. Stiles.

Looks like you guys are right about Delphi's cloning technology :science:

The game will refuse to ever address it, though :eng99:

You must be Delphi's new boss...
Exactly. I am Heinrich von Raitenau. I am overjoyed to meet the ones who blasphemed against Adam, my venerable grandfather. ...The vengeance I've waited so long to exact is now at hand.
So, you're the one behind all the outbreaks we've been fighting!
Ha! Doctors... You toy with men's lives, defying the rules of nature. YOu prevent natural selection from occurring, instead bringing mankind the pain of old age. And yet, you adamantly deny the truth...
If you would just leave things in our hands, humanity would return to its natural state.
...Don't you get it? Your acts of terrorism have all failed. GUILT is no longer a threat to mankind!
I--no, anyone who values life--could never understand what you're trying to do. And we don't care to! You're nothing more than murderers, hiding behind ideas that aren't even rational!
...This little sparing match of ideologies isn't worth my time. Truth shall prevail in the end. Besides, people like you could never understand the intricacies of GUILT like we do. It's unfortunate, Dr. Stiles.
You're right, it is unfortunate. I wish I could talk some sense into you.
...I find it humorous, though, that you actually believe GUILT is no longer a threat.
What...?
GUILT is limitless--the forms it can take, exponential. That serum Acropolis created... It will become as worthless as the fools who created it when we introduce new GUILT to the world.
A new strain!? How's that poss--
...Wait, then the GUILT we couldn't identify that was inside Emilio was...?

Oh, right. Nous exists. It's been so long since we treated it.

Hmph. We possess the hosts who give birth to new GUILT... Descendants of the noble Adam himself. Now, onto you, Ms. Thompson...

You, too have the genes of a Sinner. It must be fate that you have been brought back to us.

Wait, why did Blackwell joined Delphi again?

1234567890num posted:

Not that Angie know about most of this until the end of UtK.

...gently caress.

Fate!? Don't give me that! You people ruined my father's life!
It is such a blessing that we have found the lost maiden--the mother for a new generation of GUILT. Your body shall nurture the new strain...I can't wait to tell the young Prince and Princess; this will surely satisfy them...
You're going to use Angie as a host!?
...Prince and Princess...?
You monsters! I won't let you do that to her!
*Cocks gun* Don't move!
Ngh...!
Resistance is futile, Dr. Stiles. Consider the situation you are in. Besides, you will be taking part in the coming of the new GUILT as well. YOu will make a fine test subject for the GUILT we cultivate out of her body...
You...!!
Save your breath. I've wasted enough time talking to you...
Take them to their cell.
Yes, sir! Get over here!
Heinrich! You can't do this!! Heinriiiiich!

*Derek and Angie are taken away*

...Heaven smiles down upon us.

Next update: The final plagiarized operation. And by far the worst one :shepicide:

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

At yeah they are turning up the anime nonsense to 11 and I am unironically here for it

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Honestly, Derek was kind of a badass here. He knew fully well their lives were in danger and he still had no intentions of taking Heinrich's poo poo. That's impressive. Pointless, but impressive.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
god the the insane hypocrisy of Delphi is great.

"We're using super medicine as a business to get elected to kill people so you stop using super medicine."

Also sure is great like 4 super medicine places are all within a few hours drive of each other.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

PhazonLink posted:

god the the insane hypocrisy of Delphi is great.

"We're using super medicine as a business to get elected to kill people so you stop using super medicine."

Also sure is great like 4 super medicine places are all within a few hours drive of each other.

I mean, when every shiny new super virus shows up in the same place every time, you might as well set up shop there. :v:

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Tch...!

*Door locks*

*Bangs on door* Dang it!
...As if it's gonna open...
Still,we have to escape... Somehow...
Angie... Are you OK? You must be terrified after what Heinrich said, but--
Dr. Stiles... It scares me to think about being implanted with GUILT... But... What's really getting to me, is that my body will be used to help create it... I became a nurse to treat people suffering from diseases like GUILT, not harm them...
Angie... Come on, we can't give up hope yet. That's exactly what they want us to do. If they do infect you, I'll surgically remove it. I promise. And I won't let anyone else fall victim for GUILT, either--for as long as I live.
...You're right. I shouldn't panic. The world's greatest surgeon is right here beside me. I'm sorry... I'm OK now.
Yeah, don't worry, Angie! I'lll... I'll protect you!
*smile* I know you will, Doctor.

That doesn't look like a smile to me :colbert:

*Time passes*

I kind of lost it back there...
Don't beat yourself up over it, Doctor. Anyone would have. Although... Didn't it seem strange...? It seemed like he didn't know about the GUILT we found inside Emilio.
Yeah, they didn't use it in the outbreaks, either.
And this Prince and Princess... There are so many questions we don't have the answers to.
Well, there's a lot of things to report after we get out of here. That's our biggest problem, though... How do we escape...? ...... ...Hey, this electronic lock...
Hm? What is it, Doctor?
...Well... If I had the right tools, I could probably make it open from here.
Really? ...Doctor! I have some operation tools with me. Is there any chance they would work...!?
What!? They didn't confiscate them!?
I hid a few of them while we were performing the operation in the car... Just in case.

Great job, Angie! :neckbeard:

Quick thinking, Angie!
*smile* Thank you. So, you think you can use them?

Now THAT's a smile :unsmith:

This just might work... Alright, I'm going to give it a try!

"Operation" Video

Yep. We're operating on door locks now :confuoot:

Operating on a nonhuman is a tradition in Trauma Center, with us operating on a dog in NB and a cat in TT.

This is gonna be one tough patient... But I should be able to manage.
To tell you the truth. I never imagined we'd have to disable an electronic lock...
Well, I did have to disarm a bomb once with a scalpel and a laser. That was interesting.
Was that when there was a bomb threat at the conference you attended with Dr. Kasal?
Yeah, that was probably the worst patient I've ever operated on in my entire life.
But, I learned a valuable lesson that day, too. In times like these, you just have to do whatever you can with what you have, and hope for the best.
Of course, I also learned why they call. Dr. Kasal the "Iron Vixen."
Haha, she's a tough one.

As mentioned earlier, we operated on a bomb in UtK/SO with Cybil's help. :iia:

Now, let's get this door open and get back to our friends, Angie.
Yes, Doctor!

OK Doctor, let's give it our best shot.
I'll get us outta here, no matter what it takes, Angie! But it's so dark... If I could just get a little light on this thing...
...Doctor! I still have the penlight from the car! Luck is on our side!

:confuoot:

That must be the lid of the electronic lock. First, we need to take off the lid so we can check what the circuitry is like underneath. Let's insert the scalpel into the gap of the lid and force it open!

The best way to get through the door is to just randomly scribble the scalpel everywhere, only using the penlight to look for the stragglers :black101:

Eventually, the door will open and...oh no.

There's a line of plugs... If we pull them out, we may able to short the circuit. But the plug that's lit must be operational... I don't think we should touch the plug when it's lit.

So yeah, we have to pull out the unlit plugs. The light will cycle counterclockwise between the plugs. Touching the lit plug is an instant Game Over.

The plugs each have different lengths; something the game will spell out if we get a Miss.

The game is nice enough not to skip the "No Miss" bonus for this mission, but we do need to get 30 combos. Spoiler: I didn't get that bonus.

We did it! The lock has been disabled!
Doctor, are you alright?
Y-Yeah, I'm OK. Let's get going!
(That was exhausting...)

Oh boy... :stonklol:

No... It has two locks!?
...It's alright. I'll get through this one too!
OK... Hang in there, Doctor!

You really should take about 15 seconds to remove each lid. Otherwise, you're hosed, even if you don't know it yet.

Removal complete! Let's deal with the inside now. ...It looks like the same structure as before. Pulling out the plugs should work.

There's 6 plugs now instead of 5 and the light cycles clockwise now, but otherwise things stay the same.

You did it, Doctor! The lock's been disabled!

Oh gently caress me :shepicide:

W-Wait... There's a third lock!? This can't be...
No, we can't give up, no matter how many of them there are! (But this is pretty draining... I hope I still have enough energy to make a run for it after this...)
Doctor...?
Don't worry... Let's keep disabling them!

Keep in mind that if you touch a lit plug at any time, it's instant Game Over. And you'd have to start over from the beginning.

Yes, it is entirely possible for the plug to start lighting up while we're removing it. And yes, it's an instant Game Over.

gently caress this operation :argh:

Doctor! You've disabled the third lock!

:suicide:

There's another lock...? This is the fourth one...
(Man, how many can there be...?)
The scalpel has gotten so dull... It may be hard to force open another lid with it. Maybe we can apply some sort of lubricant to the lid to compensate for the dulled scalpel.

We can still open this lid without the gel, but we'll have to hold the scalpel a bit at each point to make it register. I forgot to initially lubricate the lid because I'm just so loving tired at this point :suicide:

Each door has one more plug than the previous one, and the light'll alternate between cycling clockwise and counterclockwise. Otherwise, they're all still exactly the same. So I'll just skip over them...

Keep in mind that we have 5 minutes to go through EVERYTHING in this operation :bang:

I don't even know how I managed to get these bonuses, and I don't care enough to try getting XS.

...The coast looks clear. Let's go, Angie.
OK... ...I don't see any security cameras...
Oh, good. I didn't even think to check for those... It's pretty late, too. Hopefully there are fewer patrols around... ...So far, so good... Now, if only we could contact Caduceus... Or even the police...

Shouldn't that be the other way around?

Opendork posted:

Here's a lesson on electronics for you: devices are put into sleep mode by removing entire chips(glowing yellow circles) while being careful not to touch the little glowy sparks. Your computer has to do this every time it goes into hibernate. Touching one means instant death of the user, which also applies to your computer.

There is also a period when none are glowing. Think of it as an invisible plug on the bottom that you don't need to remove. Also, the lengths of the different plugs are each unique, so be aware of that when pulling them up.

Be thankful, too, that this isn't UtK2, in which you must complete three of these consecutively.

7-3 Identity Loss

I'm really glad they changed that stupid sleep mode system into just hacking away at the lid, but the other bullshit more than makes up for it :argh:

And I wish we only have to do it three times consecutively in this game... :negative:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

"We locked the surgeon up with no guards, the only way he'll get out of this is if he's highly skilled at delicate operations requiring immense manual dext-and he's gone."

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

quote:

Well, I did have to disarm a bomb once with a scalpel and a laser. That was interesting.
hahahahaha best line in the game

Night10194 posted:

"We locked the surgeon up with no guards, the only way he'll get out of this is if he's highly skilled at delicate operations requiring immense manual dext-and he's gone."

I mean to be fair I would not immediately associate surgery with electrician know-how especially when there's 3 FOUR layers of lock and instant kill shock locks.

Hell they almost didn't, had there beenfour FIVE layers they would be stuck because the one scalpel they hid away would break

rannum fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Feb 8, 2020

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Night10194 posted:

“drat IT JERRY! I TOLD YOU TO SUPER GLUE THOSE LOCKS TOGETHER!”

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

rannum posted:

hahahahaha best line in the game

I mean to be fair I would not immediately associate surgery with electrician know-how especially when there's 3 layers of lock and instant kill shock locks.

Hell they almost didn't, had there been four layers they would be stuck because the one scalpel they hid away would break

1234567890num posted:

There's another lock...? This is the fourth one...

Want to try counting again?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

mateo360 posted:

Want to try counting again?

This is why you always need to double check numbers

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

rannum posted:

I mean to be fair I would not immediately associate surgery with electrician know-how especially when there's 3 FOUR layers of lock and instant kill shock locks.

I'm planning to do a bonus update of Game Over quotes. Spoilers: touching the lit plug isn't an instant kill shock locks. It just turns on the alarm and makes the guards come running.

As for why the guards weren't there in the first place, :iiam:. I think these guys are even less competent than those guys who lock us up with a toy lock in NB.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Oh no, not the Medical Board.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Good... Still no sign of anyone. If we could find a phone or a computer somewhere...
Doctor, look! On the table...
...A satellite phone! Good eye, Angie! We should be able to contact the police with this!

No guards whatsoever? Wow, Delphi is even more incompetent that NB terrorists who lock us with a toy.

If we've truly located the leader of Delphi, this operation cannot fail, under any circumstances.
Yes... I've been fully briefed on the situation.
Then, why the hesitation? The Hands of Asclepius is far more competent than Caduceus. And there really is no other option, considering their ace surgeon himself is a prisoner.
True, but Dr. Stiles risked his life to contact us... Shouldn't--
That's exactly why you need to ensure he is rescued, by bringing us.
...Very well. I'll allow the HOA to accompany us. We'll be infiltrating the complex as soon as we arrive, so there won't be a moment to lose. Please keep that in mind.
Understood, Detective. I'll inform Caduceus. They should know what' going on. I can't stress enough how critical this operation is.

We now know where we are! :toot:

Now, we just have to wait for them to get here.
But, Doctor... You really think we should go back to that cell? Shouldn't we run away?
If they find out we've escaped, they'll definitely be on the alert... Even worse, Heinrich might take precautions and leave this place. Don't worry. I can unlock that door again, if we have to. It'll be much safer for everyone involved if we just stay put.

That's...actually a pretty smart idea :golfclap:

...I see. Let's go back, then. I'll... be OK, as long as I'm with you, Doctor.
Angie... Alright, let's hurry.

Good. Have we learned the location of the room where Dr. Stiles and Nurse Thompson are being held?
Yes, sir. Both the satellite image and the thermal sensors have confirmed where they're held.

...How did you use a satellite image to locate the prison in this huge manor? How would that even work? :confused:

Captain, I know you're fully aware of this, but those two must be saved at all costs.
We understand, Detective. Men, securing the hostages is our number one priority. However, if you get a visual on von Raitenau, confirm his position and neutralize him. Seal off all exits! We can't let him escape!
Yes, sir!
Alright, move in!

*Gunshots*

It must be them!

*More gunshots*

I hope they're alright...
Dr. Stiles has managed to survive through many dangerous situations. This isn't his first battle against Delphi, and his stay in Costigar was also quite volatile. I don't think he's the type to let a situation like this get the best of him.
...... Huh!? Isn't that him!? Doctor, over here! Stay low!

Almost there, Angie!
...I'll... *gasp* make it.

We're safe! :woop:

Dr. Stiles!
Ah... You're safe.
... *gasp* ... Detective Buckley... And... Chief Mercer? Adel!?
Are you two alright!? Are you wounded!?
No... *pant* We're... fine.
Dr. Tulba, now that the hostages have been secured...

Understood. We'll do everything we can to help apprehend Heinrich.
...!? You're going inside, Adel!?
I'm sure you're exhausted, Dr. Stiles. Please leave the rest to us. Everyone, we're going in!
...Yes, sir.
...Bring me a standard issue protection kit!
You're coming? ...I don't think that would be wise, Doctor.
Yes, don't be rash, Dr. Stiles. You just got away from them!
They have something in there we don't know about yet... If you're going, then I am too!
Fine, suit yourself. This will be the end of Delphi!

Get it? Suit yourself? As in "go wear the protective suit?" :downsrim:

I'll join you, Doctor! You may need me if something happens!
Angie... Thank you.
Here's the kit for you and Nurse Thompson. Make sure you come back in one piece... Both of you.
Delphi may be on its last legs... But don't let your guard down.

No sign of primary target! We are currently on the basement level, and we're detecting a high-level chiral reaction from a locked room down here. Your orders, Captain?
I copy, Alpha Team. Our target is most likely in that room. Hold your position while I send in the medical unit. Proceed at will once they have arrived!
Roger!
Doctors, we'd like you to head over to the basement. Are you ready?
Yes, of course.
Let's go, Angie!
Right!

Doctor! Over here!
No... How could they...!?

...Wer sind Sie?

:eng101: Translated to "Who are you?"

Doctor... Wh-What are they!?
They're living incubators... Their bodies are being used to cultivate GUILT! Heinrich, you...!
Doctor, look out!
Freeze! Don't move!

But... it's still not too late.
Nobody go near him! ...He may be armed with GUILT.
I underestimated you, Dr. Stiles. But I have learned from the past. I will not be taken as easily as my grandfather.
What have you learned!? Look at these children! You're repeating the same mistakes all over again!
They are no ordinary Sinners. This is Karl, and this is Christine. My son and daughter. The Prince and Princess of a new dawn for mankind!

:psyduck:

Hmph, talk about delusions of grandeur.
The bloodline of Adam must live on... His genetic legacy is the salvation for humanity. We alone can end the world's suffering! It is a sacred mission my family has been blessed with!
You call that a blessing? It's nothing but a curse, Heinrich. You've got to free yourself from this so-called destiny! Don't you understand? GUILT will never bring people joy!
...Ha. You will eventually discover how wrong you are, Dr. Stiles. We live in a world where only the elite receive medical attention, and the mass fade away... GUILT is the great equalizer! It decides who lives or dies, without regard for social class.

Add unaffordable healthcare to the list of issues UtK2 brings up and then sweeps under the rug.

So you thought to control the future. Too bad your ambitions will never come to fruition.
Oh, but they will. Now... let me show you the power of my bloodline.
...You have GUILT in your system...! What are you planning!?
My life will end once... And long after I've been declared dead in the eyes of medicine, my blood will once again circulate... The world itself will be vastly changed by that time.

What would you do if you're buried deep under the ground? Or locked in some morgue? Or incinerated?

Because that worked out so well for Adam... :rolleyes:

What the-- Gas!
It may be GUILT! Get your hazard gear on!
This is... *cough* a tranquilizer!
Ha... Hahahaha!
*cough cough* You won't get your way! You think you can just escape from reality!? Think again! This serum will put an end to your crazed ambition, once and for all! *injects the serum*
Wh-What did you-- Ngh!
...Ugh!
...Aaah!
Adel! What have you done!? They're different from any GUILT patients we've ever treated before! They were stable! We could have performed the operations after transporting them out!
The necrosis serum has been perfected by the HOA! The sooner the treatment, the better!
Treat my GUILT? Imposs-- Urgh...!
The serum has begun to fatally alter the GUILT. It does no harm to the human body. You shouldn't feel any--
...Aaaaagh! My stomach...!
...What's going on!?
...Vater... Vater!
Aua! ...Ich habe Magenschmerzen!

:eng101: Translated into "...Father... Father!" and "Ouch! ...I have a stomachache!" Spoiler: Christine has GUILT in her lung, not stomach. So either the translation is incorrect or the second person is Karl.

In any case... Good job, Adel! :bravo:

...They're all in serious pain!
The GUILT in their body must be reacting violently to the serum!
Th-That can't be...! Our... Our serum! We've got no choice then. We need to operate... I... need... to... operate... My head... I-I can't see straight! I must... calm down... Nngh!
Dr. Tulba!? ...Doctor! He's in no condition to operate!
Angie, get ready to perform the procedure! There's no time to lose! We have to do all three of them in a row, but hang in there!
Yes, Dr. Stiles.
No... I'll operate... Ungh...

Operation Video

Let's stay focused and come up with the best plan, so we can save them all although we can only rely on their current condition since we don't know their medical history.

Because relying on medical history worked out so well for us... :rolleyes:

From the chiral reactions and the coma scale, Heinrich seems to be in most danger.
I see. We should start with him, then. I want you to keep your eyes on the children.
I will, Doctor. Now... here's an update on Heinrich. The GUILT "Tetarti" is invading his liver as we speak.
It won't take time for his liver to be completely covered with poisonous polyps.
Our objective for this operation is:
  • Eliminate Tetarti.
...... This Tetarti is most likely the mutated version, Doctor. It may have evolved even more than the one we faced before.
It's quite possible. Tje Acropolis serum will probably be ineffective, but let's save him!
Yes, Doctor!

We're going to be treating Tetarti in this operation, Doctor. Let's get started.

Fun fact: the initial diverticula are fixed. And they're guaranteed to be the colors of Tetarti's first wave.

Tetarti will move very quickly by the end of this operation. The key here is knowing that you only need about a quarter vial to inject Tetarti. Otherwise, you won't have time to inject them all before they resubmerge.

You might get plenty of Misses, but it's still very easy to survive if you know that trick.

Heinrich's treatment is finished. Let's move onto his son... Karl!
Based on the chiral reaction, the GUILT present inside Karl's body should be Kyriaki. Let's perform the treatment before the lacerations spread any further.

Yeah, we're going to deal with all three returning GUILT in this operation.

Both waves have two Kyriaki each. Unlike our previous encounter, these Kyriaki requires 3 laser taps instead of 2. It's not a big change, really.

Seems like all these returning GUILT dies with a sparkle. I don't remember any sparkle on Nous, though :thunk:

Queen Kyriaki creates 2 pupas on the first wave and 3 on the rest.

If you raise the vitals after removing the pupas but before lasering the queen, Kyriaki shouldn't be an issue.

Karl's operation is finished. He's going to be OK now. Our last patient is... Christine. According to the chiral reaction, her GUILT type should be Pempti. After we save her, we're done, Doctor!

Pempti is by far the hardest GUILT in this operation. It's a battle of reflex and attrition.

If you can't keep up with Pempti, you'd lose really quickly and have to start over from Heinrich. It's much harder than it sounds and harder than how I made it look.

As with other games, you'd want Pempti to do its gray attack. And you really don't want Pempti to do the blue attack.

Anyway, since I got lucky and managed to get to the end with max vitals, I decided to show off how bad red Pempti can be.

I lost 20 vitals on the best case scenario. Just imagine how much worse it'd be if you didn't alternate the attacks... :ohdear:

Chiral reaction has disappeared! The treatment of Pempti is complete. We're done treating all of them! Please treat the remaining affected areas!

I rank this operation as hard as SO's 6-7 (Fallen Heroes). Both of which are not as hard as NB's 7-2 (Strike Force). I can't even finish that latter one :(

Yeah... This is finally the end of GUILT terrorism, and Delphi.

I must apologize for Dr. Tulba. I thought he'd hold up better under stress...
What's done is done.
Yes, and in the end, Delphi has been eliminated. It couldn't have been accomplished without you. Thank you. Are you sure you won't reconsider joining the Hands of Asclepius? With you on our staff, we could--
...I'm sorry. My heart is with Caduceus.
I figured you'd say as much. It's really too bad, but I guess it can't be helped... The police will take von Raitenau into custody, and we'll take care of any follow-up operations. He'll most likely end up being tried as an international criminal.
Heinrich truly believed that GUILT could bring people happiness. I wasn't able to convince him otherwise. But, maybe having time to dwell on his own tragedies will make him realize the truth.
...... Ah, by the way, the back-up team fro mCaduceus should be arriving here shortly. You should probably go outside and let them know you're safe.
...Shall we get going then, Doctor?
Yeah, let's go.

Well, since this operation is these returning GUILT's last appearance, might as well talk about the plagiarism here, right?

UtK/SO's Kyriaki has no queen or pupa, but it has more of them appearing at once. There's even the possibility of a small Kyriaki appearing along with a big one.

The suturing jank with UtK also makes Kyriaki harder than it needs to be. Regardless, it's still not that hard; operating on 5 patients within 10 minutes is certainly possible.

SO's Kyriaki is almost an absolute joke. It's much harder to see the shadow from a distance (since you're playing on a Wii), but it's much easier to suture. Not to mention that it's extremely easy to locate the big one after it dives.

UtK's Tetarti is an absolute joke. The speed is intimidating, but it's nothing you can't handle. Just like in this game, Tetarti only needs a quarter vial.

SO's Tetarti, on the other hand, is actually threatening. It moves much faster, won't show their colors, and continuously spew toxic. We have to discern their colors from their toxic gas. Even if they don't resubmerge, we can't just take our time. The injected ones will still keep moving, and eventually the effect will wear off.

Yeah, I had plenty of trouble with this. In fact, this Tetarti mutation is so threatening that it manages to infect Derek with GUILT. Maybe if Delphi used this mutation in addition to the 2 new colors Operation Hades wouldn't fail :v:

Speaking of Pempti, the UtK's version is also very hard. The initial shadow is much harder to see, and it can create up to 10 pink cores at once. Suturing the lacerations caused by those pink cores is an automatic Bad, but there's no combo in UtK so it doesn't really matter.

At least there's only one main core and the gray cores can be burned before they do any real damage. The blue attack is also less threatening since there's less of them and burning the small tumors won't drop any vitals if you use spread the gel beforehand.

Once again SO's version is the easiest. Take away all the issues I mentioned above while keeping the redeeming values and you have the SO operation.

In addition to that, the laser hitbox is extremely generous; it's possible to laser two of the blue cores at the same time. And letting the fluid hit the intact small tumors take away vitals so low that it's better to just let that happen if you don't care about the score.

In fact, SO's Pempti is so easy that I managed to beat X5 on my first try :smug:. It took me dozens of tries for UtK's X5 and I still haven't beaten Pempti's X mission in this game to this day :saddowns:

1234567890num fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Feb 12, 2020

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Well! Good thing everything's fine and nothing bad will be happening in the future. Certainly no evil other medical organizations at work here.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Did Dr. Tulba just run up to all three people and inject them all with a giant novelty syringe? How the heck did he do that so fast?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

quote:

We live in a world where only the elite receive medical attention, and the mass fade away

This is literally never ever brought up elsewhere in the series unless Heinrich is talking about other countries. Medical costs are always a non-issue in these, and frankly the story is better for it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Mzbundifund posted:

Did Dr. Tulba just run up to all three people and inject them all with a giant novelty syringe? How the heck did he do that so fast?

Healing Touch.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

SSNeoman posted:

This is literally never ever brought up elsewhere in the series unless Heinrich is talking about other countries. Medical costs are always a non-issue in these, and frankly the story is better for it.

New Blood touches on it a few times.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

angie's "*gasp* Doctor...!?" screencap repeats twice.

Mzbundifund posted:

i was thinking he had a gun that fired out syringes to do that :v:

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Mzbundifund posted:

I thought it was three regular syringes.

The question I have is: how did he get to the kids in their tank?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

This is the RPG arc so Adel simply lifted his hand, the item activates and then the 3 are covered in sparkles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Maybe he used a spray can filled with the serum and sprayed everywhere.