Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Politano to Napoli

https://twitter.com/sscnapoli/status/1222150305648988160

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Well this really couldn't end any other way, could it? Ed spends the month loving about being Mr Businessman and then someone else swoops in to nick his player.

Sky Sports posted:

Barcelona have opened talks over a deal to sign Manchester United target Bruno Fernandes.

Sky Sports News can confirm reports in Spain that the Catalans have proposed signing the Sporting Lisbon player this summer until 2025, but loan him to Valencia until the end of the 2020-21 season.

Barca are currently in talks with Valencia over a deal to sign striker Rodrigo and reports in Spain say they are hoping this new proposal can help get a deal over the line.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11920055/bruno-fernandes-barcelona-make-bid-for-man-utd-target

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Inter finally officially sold Gabigol to Flamengo on a permanent basis. €17m fee.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Ericsson was really good for spurs lol wtf are they doinf

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Bape Culture posted:

Making some money off of him so he didn't leave on a free.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Why didn't Man U hijack Eriksen? Even doubling that 20m is worth it. Could have had Eriksen and Fernandes for less than 100m, now it's gonna be watching Fred for another 6 months.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Pretty sure Spurs wouldn’t want to sell to a Europa league rival

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Yeah maybe Levy refused the chance to milk United so he can keep Mourinho happy.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Why didn't Man U hijack Eriksen? Even doubling that 20m is worth it. Could have had Eriksen and Fernandes for less than 100m, now it's gonna be watching Fred for another 6 months.

Woodward is busy with a transfer, you can't expect him to handle TWO transfers at once can you?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Blinkz0rz posted:

Making some money off of him so he didn't leave on a free.

No but I mean the whole situation. They should have sorted it out and had him playing and happy.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Der Shovel posted:

Well this really couldn't end any other way, could it? Ed spends the month loving about being Mr Businessman and then someone else swoops in to nick his player.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11920055/bruno-fernandes-barcelona-make-bid-for-man-utd-target

I didn't realize until yesterday that United were bidding half of Sporting's valuation for him. loving half.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Jason Sextro posted:

Antero Henrique pulled off the Mbappe and Neymar transfers for PSG, but he also disbanded their Reserves team in a meltdown because the LFP refused to let PSG's reserve team be the only reserves team in France that could gain promotion and play in the National / Ligue 2. So he's a bit of a mixed bag, really.

We was also the responsible for transfers and scouting at Porto in 00's and early 10's, the guy might be one of the best around.those teams where more than Mourinho Magic.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Bape Culture posted:

He's been poo poo for a year now, basically. And he didn't want to sign a new contract, that much was clearly in 2018 already.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Shrapnig posted:

I didn't realize until yesterday that United were bidding half of Sporting's valuation for him. loving half.

Ed Woodward, master negotiator at work.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Brendan Rodgers posted:

He wanted to move to spain or italy.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Antifa Poltergeist posted:

We was also the responsible for transfers and scouting at Porto in 00's and early 10's, the guy might be one of the best around.those teams where more than Mourinho Magic.

Well, it sounds like he should stay away from United for the sake of the sport.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Brony Car posted:

Well, it sounds like he should stay away from United for the sake of the sport.

On the contrary, he could be one meltdown away from blowing up MU's much-beloved youth academy.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Pretty sure Spurs wouldn’t want to sell to a Europa league rival

lol

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Ed Woodward: haggles uselessly for 28 days
Ed Woodward: panics and caves in to the original demands

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/1222231841727504385

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
He truly is the gift that keeps on giving.

This can only get better if Fernandes turns up two stone overweight with a twenty a day habit.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Der Shovel posted:

Ed Woodward: haggles uselessly for 28 days
Ed Woodward: panics and caves in to the original demands

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/1222231841727504385

Maguire template working well. Proud of sporting.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I wonder what favor/payoff Barca's people are getting for pretending to be interested to force Woodward to cave

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

Inter finally officially sold Gabigol to Flamengo on a permanent basis. €17m fee.

Didn't they pay 30 something for him? I've watched him play a bunch of times for Flamengo now and I bet he could still do it in Europe. Maybe not in Serie A but I'd bet he could go to France or something and clean up.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Sporting have supposedly accepted an offer from United, and Fernandes is due to have his medical tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/DuncanCastles/status/1222236280290992136

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
watch Fernandes now reject the move because he wants to go to Barca

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

vyelkin posted:

watch Fernandes now reject the move because he wants to go to Barca

His wage demand probably just went up, but I'm sure world famous ultra negotiator Ed Woodward can deal with that

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Someone should tell Woodward there aren't 56 days in January...

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/1222269436142419977

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

lmao

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1222221551094751232

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Gigi Galli posted:

Didn't they pay 30 something for him? I've watched him play a bunch of times for Flamengo now and I bet he could still do it in Europe. Maybe not in Serie A but I'd bet he could go to France or something and clean up.

He looked absolutely average in the Portuguese league, let that sink in.

And yeah that "barça is interested in fernandes" bit was a favour to mendes, probably trying to grease up the Rodrigo moreno transfer.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

I totally forgot about Alexis Sanchez. How has he done for Inter, Serie A posters?

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009

blue footed boobie posted:

I totally forgot about Alexis Sanchez. How has he done for Inter, Serie A posters?

6 matches 1 goal

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

blue footed boobie posted:

barely played

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

He looked absolutely average in the Portuguese league, let that sink in.

And yeah that "barça is interested in fernandes" bit was a favour to mendes, probably trying to grease up the Rodrigo moreno transfer.

Ah I forgot he played there as well. Did he get many chances? Maybe he is just not at the level he needs to be to play in Europe.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

barely played

I just looked up his appearances as I remember him playing a loving lot...

Since the 13-14 season up to his last full season at Arsenal he's played 54, 52, 41 and 51 matches for a club total of 198 and in that period 11, 13, 14, 15 and 13 matches for country for a total of 66.

264 matches over 4 seasons, 60-70 matches a season for an attacking player. That's ridiculous, he could do with/deserves the holiday.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Gigi Galli posted:

Ah I forgot he played there as well. Did he get many chances? Maybe he is just not at the level he needs to be to play in Europe.

Not really, he played 5 games for us, and to be fair he was living in the shadow of our greatest striker of the last 3 decades .he sometimes showed these flashes of a gifted player in terms of atacking movement, getting into space, a deft first touch; but most of the time he seemed lost on the field, couldnt link up plays, had 0 tactical awareness and just couldn't cope with physical defenses and tight pressing, which baffled me because the dude came from serie A.
Maybe he just lacked confidence.
Our coach was kinda poo poo so it wasn't just his fault, but the fact that we ended the loan after just six months probably means he wasn't a model professional either.
I think it just a case of the Brazilian league being the perfect environment for him and his style of play.he probably would do great in the Turkish league.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

lomzus posted:

6 matches 1 goal

That goal was a tap in, and he got sent off in the match for getting a second yellow card for diving.

Although technically I thought he scored twice in that match because another Inter player took a shot and it flicked off of Alexis's shoulder and it went in.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Not really, he played 5 games for us, and to be fair he was living in the shadow of our greatest striker of the last 3 decades .he sometimes showed these flashes of a gifted player in terms of atacking movement, getting into space, a deft first touch; but most of the time he seemed lost on the field, couldnt link up plays, had 0 tactical awareness and just couldn't cope with physical defenses and tight pressing, which baffled me because the dude came from serie A.
Maybe he just lacked confidence.
Our coach was kinda poo poo so it wasn't just his fault, but the fact that we ended the loan after just six months probably means he wasn't a model professional either.
I think it just a case of the Brazilian league being the perfect environment for him and his style of play.he probably would do great in the Turkish league.

Well he barely played for Inter either; I think he scored one goal in like 10 appearances and never as a starter. He did look a bit lost in Italy too, but I put that down to Spalletti being his manager. I wouldn’t be surprised if he just didn’t get along or deal with either manager as they would’ve liked.

Good for him I guess. With the way he plays in South America I bet he’ll still be in the national team as a sub.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Suso to Sevilla on a season and a half long loan with an obligation to buy if they make the champions league is all but done according to a lot of reliable Milan journalists. Complicated transfer but he hasn’t produced all season so whatever. Just hope Milan aren’t paying his wage.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Reports in Brazil saying Mari to Arsenal is done now. Loan with an option to buy but no obligation. I wonder if this was always the deal and Flamengo were posturing in the press to try and get a better deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Akileese posted:

Reports in Brazil saying Mari to Arsenal is done now. Loan with an option to buy but no obligation. I wonder if this was always the deal and Flamengo were posturing in the press to try and get a better deal.

That's weird though because reports also saying Arsenal agreed a fee for that Shaktar defender. I wouldn't have expected both.