Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Lord_Hambrose posted:

It is a huge shame that Legion is just so extremely flat. You could definitely just shuffle the characters around and get the same effect other than Jon. To be fair, Bendis has never written a team book with clear character voices in his life so I don't know why I expected Legion to be different.

I do want to tell him it's fine to just be good at solo books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dawgstar posted:

I do want to tell him it's fine to just be good at solo books.

New Avengers was really good at the beginning (it was also 15 years ago).

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Young Justice is quite fun too.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Madkal posted:

Young Justice is quite fun too.

There's gonna be a Wonder Comics crossover thing and he basically inserted what looks to be electric Spider-man into it via Dial H.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/wonder-woman-no-750-launches-new-era-dc-preview-1271697
Pages from Snyder's story in the Wonder Woman special which establishes her new 'Gen 1' status quo. Also, Alan Scott

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jan 21, 2020

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Welp. Rebirth status quo lasted for...a good couple years, I suppose. :v:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

BrianWilly posted:

Welp. Rebirth status quo lasted for...a good couple years, I suppose. :v:

It would've been earlier but Doomsday Clock kept getting delayed

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
I'm sure this reboot will stick, though!

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Does this come with a reboot of Green Lanterns, if so I'm in

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Space Fish posted:

Does this come with a reboot of Green Lanterns, if so I'm in

How is Morrison's Green Lantern btw? I stopped reading before the mini and "season 2" took place. I loved the art but the story seemed a bit too in love with itself (ie very Morrison-esque)

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

If we get G1-4 side books alongside 5G, that could be pretty fun.
Something like 1940's WW and JSA, 70's Hal and Barry, 80's Supes, Batman, JLA formation, Crisis, 90's Wally, Kyle, OG Teen Titans...

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jan 22, 2020

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Teenage Fansub posted:

If we get G1-4 side books alongside 5G, that could be pretty fun.
Something like 1940's WW, 80's Supes, Hal and Barry, 90's Batman, Wally, JLA formation, 00's Kyle.

That's a thought that I hadn't considered before, and I'm all in on this idea.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I know DC's been pushing Harley Quinn really hard for the past few years but seeing this splash page of like every hero in the Hall of Justice with her right up front feels real loving dumb.

(this is from the most recent Superman btw)

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

TwoPair posted:

I know DC's been pushing Harley Quinn really hard for the past few years but seeing this splash page of like every hero in the Hall of Justice with her right up front feels real loving dumb.

(this is from the most recent Superman btw)

Man Bat too for some reason.
And, awwwww someone remembered that Firestorm exists.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Madkal posted:

Man Bat is a team member in Justice League Dark

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Madkal posted:

Justice League Dark is good

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Hahahah holy poo poo the White Knight reveal from Joker.
What a stupid comic.

"Batman, your great great great great great great great great great great granddad wasn't who you thought he was, ah-hah! Shattered your worldview. Your wealth is not woke. Checkmate."

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Oh, in case anyone isn't reading Shazam, everyone's favorite character is back, baby!

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Hell yeah! It's Mr. Mind and who I can only presume is nude Condiment King!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Cassa posted:

Hahahah holy poo poo the White Knight reveal from Joker.
What a stupid comic.

"Batman, your great great great great great great great great great great granddad wasn't who you thought he was, ah-hah! Shattered your worldview. Your wealth is not woke. Checkmate."

I'm not reading the sequel but I assume it is continuing the tradition of the first one of being "Batman is stupid poo pants and Joker totally rulez!!"

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Yes, but also Azrael is also SO COOL.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

TwoPair posted:

Oh, in case anyone isn't reading Shazam, everyone's favorite character is back, baby!

Oh awesome. I had been reading this series to my son and now I know to stop before we get to the nude psychotic self-mutilating parallel universe Superman who rips people’s arms off a lot.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Splint Chesthair posted:

Oh awesome. I had been reading this series to my son and now I know to stop before we get to the nude psychotic self-mutilating parallel universe Superman who rips people’s arms off a lot.

I'm frantically searching for the pages of Edited Crisis #4 with SBP ripping off Risk's arm, explode punching some loser Titans etc etc......... :allears:

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

its ok maybe jokerized shazam will rip off his arms first

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I know comic books deal in cliches but I feel like this week's Batman involving the plot of "Batman built the most unbreakoutable jail in the world, it could hold Batman itself, it's more secure and impregnable than any heretofore seen jail, it is the jailiest jail in the realm of human comprehension" going from "introduced as a concept" to "broken out of" in nine pages may have set a new record.

Jiro posted:

I'm frantically searching for the pages of Edited Crisis #4 with SBP ripping off Risk's arm, explode punching some loser Titans etc etc......... :allears:
Here you go!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Edge & Christian posted:

I know comic books deal in cliches but I feel like this week's Batman involving the plot of "Batman built the most unbreakoutable jail in the world, it could hold Batman itself, it's more secure and impregnable than any heretofore seen jail, it is the jailiest jail in the realm of human comprehension" going from "introduced as a concept" to "broken out of" in nine pages may have set a new record.
Here you go!

You are and continue to be, the best E&C. I still keep wishing that y'all were able to edit the whole event.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Edge & Christian posted:

Here you go!

The only thing not perfect about this is that there isn't more pages done.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Two Tone Shoes posted:

The only thing not perfect about this is that there isn't more pages done.

It's originally by Mighty God King.

I'm fairly sure he did all of Infinite Crisis 4.

I know that there was like a .zip or a .rar of it floating around.

And bonus. Here is his Civil War one.

http://mightygodking.com/i-dont-need-your-civil-war/

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Well if anyone knows where the rest can be found I'm sure I'd get a kick out of it.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I made Edited Crisis #4, not MGK.

I have the rest of it on my computer at home, I can post it this weekend.

Mandibular Fiasco
Oct 14, 2012

Edge & Christian posted:

That is awesome. Is the original out there somewhere? It’s been forever since I read this book!

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Rhyno posted:

I love the Legion and Bendis is just not doing a good job.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Edge & Christian posted:

Wow, I was convinced that it was MGK original. That should also explain why I couldn't find it when I Googled.

Sorry for Fake Newsing away all your effort you deserve for your work.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Boy the last issue of Snyder's Justice League sure is... something.

Woof.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Boy the last issue of Snyder's Justice League sure is... something.

Woof.

you don't have to post if you don't have anything to say

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Don't spoil anything, but is it any sort of wrap-up, or can you tell he'll be back to actually end the story in an event?
Edit: I think we have an answer to that anyway with Hell Arisen taking place afterwards (right?)

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

Don't spoil anything, but is it any sort of wrap-up, or can you tell he'll be back to actually end the story in an event?
Edit: I think we have an answer to that anyway with Hell Arisen taking place afterwards (right?)

Look in your heart. The answer is there.

Glad I got off this around issue 15. Suicide Squad is excellent again however, so at least there is some life left at DC. Haven't read much else yet, but I am interested to read Flash and Detective.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

So you just saw an ending spoiler? If 'woof' means there's a super dumb and crazy revelation, I could look forward to that :D

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Rhyno posted:

I love the Legion and Bendis is just not doing a good job.

Sook and the art team are deffo doing all the heavy lifting in that book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I think it's been a fun story so far :shrug: