Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

NPR Journalizard posted:

I want them to do another hottest 100 of all time.

For now you'll just have to be content with the hottest 100 of the 2010s

I would like to suggest we rally to get shut the gently caress up by filthy frank on there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Channel bills are revenge on currawongs who delight in eating other bird babies

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
years ago someone lopped the nuts off the Rocky bull statue

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

tardwrangler posted:

Was the local Parks and Monuments Steering Committee consulted?

Drint Blasters
Jul 1, 2007

Vladimir Poutine posted:

I just watched this documentary about people with no relatives dying and what happens to them. I dunno if anyone is in the mood for it but it's pretty interesting, if a little depressing.

It's a bit :nms: for corpses but no major gore
A Certain Kind Of Death - Documentary

I don't know how I got here. I must have fallen down an internet hole

I think about this often as if I were to top myself or slip in the shower or something, especially over a long weekend it would probs be 4-5 days before I was missed

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION

Help I was washing my hasnds aqnd my little finger turned into azgro From aadsgros cartoon connection and he's got gwarlic brad

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Apparently someone just got run over the cbd light rail on george st, probably chaos there right now

Thanks Gladys

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

tardwrangler posted:

They put metal rods through the bulls nuts now.

I remember at a port curtis pronay school swap meet in 1999 one of the teachers was selling a set

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Survived the first day back at work after the break then spent some time this afternoon cleaning and refilling the birdbaths because it's supposed to be hot for the rest of the week and I don't want to come home to dead birds on my lawn.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I got a massive splinter right on my thong line

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I got a massive splinter right on my thong line

Didn't realise this was the Oz thread for a second. Less concerned now.

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

Pork, lamb, chicken and ham

tardwrangler posted:

Pretend I posted a real good photo shop of that Simpsons episode where they cut that statues head off here

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
gently caress some mechanics are dodgy. Daughter's car got knocked back for a pink slip last week and they told her it need $600 worth of repairs to pass. I talked her into taking it somewhere else so she could be absolutely sure the work was needed and the only thing they found wrong was that she needed a $25 headlight globe (which she already knew about).

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I took my car to the mechanic get 5 years of poo poo fixed. Hope I got some money left by the end

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Just dropped my car in for a service, psyched to see these posts. Cars are such a necessary evil I hate it. At least mine is kinda nice and not too expensive to run.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Yeah but on the flip side cars are grouse and turning spanners can be pretty fun.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Usually the VW is pretty good but it threw a turbo recently that ran me $3500 to fix all up. They used a non-genuine replacement rather than a genuine, because it was half the price. Looked to be a decent turbo but that VW markup is insane

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah some guy tried to charge my mum 80 bucks to change her wipers, hahaha no

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I took my car to Braddon Service Centre, located in Mitchel. Apart from not being anywhere near where their name says they had good reviews

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Kharnifex posted:

Yeah some guy tried to charge my mum 80 bucks to change her wipers, hahaha no

The auto spares shop down the road does little things like that for free when you buy parts from them.

My daughter only took her car to the first place because it was the closest pink slip place to her work. There are a lot of government offices around there so I expect a lot of people do the same. It's one hell of a rort if you can get away with it.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

ili posted:

Yeah but on the flip side cars are grouse and turning spanners can be pretty fun.

I like cars and enjoy driving but our world would be so so much better if it were not built around 2-8 lane highways.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Mechanics are like weed guys in that once you find a dude that doesn’t rip you off youre set until he retires and he will always retire within a year of you deciding he is your mechanic for life

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

As far as I can tell vws are super easy to work on yourself, it’s just sourcing parts that is the rough part and why all the mechanics that look after em charge a shitload

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

As far as I can tell vws are super easy to work on yourself, it’s just sourcing parts that is the rough part and why all the mechanics that look after em charge a shitload

This is true but I also don't have the capability at home to do a turbo change easily, or the willingness.

I'm due for a service soon so am gonna do the glow plugs myself and possibly a few other bits as well as give it a good once over. I used to have some jack stands and a good trolley jack but they're long gone

ili
Jul 26, 2003

well why not posted:

I like cars and enjoy driving but our world would be so so much better if it were not built around 2-8 lane highways.

Yeah probably. I'm not keen on urban driving that much anyway, it's always shithouse coming back from out in the sticks where you drive to the road and instead having to deal with traffic and lights and all that crap. But now society's built around people driving 20-50+km a day to commute so the highways aren't going anywhere any time soon.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Getting a new car on Friday that has the adaptive cruise controls and lane keep assist so I'm looking forward to taking naps on the reg.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Mrs turnbeug has given me permission to post some garden pics she took that aren’t nice enough for her insta but still pretty good. Colour saturation is all the lens somehow.

Thicc melons

Pretty genitals

Hibiscus being hugged by qld blue pumpkin

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

walkin’ down there street in my new sweet rear end fedora, and everyone loves it

people are smiling and waving, men are giving me thumbs ups, women are blowing me kisses

Airstream Driver posted:

Getting a new car on Friday that has the adaptive cruise controls and lane keep assist so I'm looking forward to taking naps on the reg.

you’re gonna be arrested for posting takes while driving

which shouldn’t be a crime

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Barefoot bogan e-scooter gangs menacing the streets is my favourite thing about 2020

Aule
Oct 16, 2019
2 teenage sisters are having a full on domestic next door. Classic Brisbane.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

speaking of trams someone got hit by the Adelaide tram this morning round Marion Road. Serious head injury I heard.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
u guys seen this

https://twitter.com/IllyBocean/status/1222021620396544002

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

exmarx posted:

u guys seen this

Don't dox me thx

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

i realised today I'm a single tea bag per cuppa man now. i pulled out two by accident and my muscle memory went and put the second one back. incredible amount of self-work from me going on today.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I've always enjoyed the brutalist design of GOMA here in Brissie so I finally got off my rear end to take a photo of it.

Gotta go back and get more, but I know what film I'm using for it now.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Drinking beers. gently caress it rules. Bout to play some Civ 6 with some mates and because I'm unemployed at the moment I been training hard

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Mechanic fixed my drivers side door but i climbed through the passenger side out of habit

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Megabound posted:

I've always enjoyed the brutalist design of GOMA here in Brissie so I finally got off my rear end to take a photo of it.

Gotta go back and get more, but I know what film I'm using for it now.

The gently caress-off huge CCTV covering the entrance really makes it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Drinking beers. gently caress it rules. Bout to play some Civ 6 with some mates and because I'm unemployed at the moment I been training hard

The boys were not ready for the amount of science I cranked out and I was not ready for the amount of kahlua I started drinking