Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Have they ever done a revision within the Masterpiece line that addressed issues in a later run of the same figure? I like hound but the reports make me pretty gun shy. Masterpiece is starting to feel more like a statue you just put on the shelf than something you'd want to transform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin

DisposableHero posted:

Have they ever done a revision within the Masterpiece line that addressed issues in a later run of the same figure? I like hound but the reports make me pretty gun shy. Masterpiece is starting to feel more like a statue you just put on the shelf than something you'd want to transform.

MP-09 was later reissued with fixes for his exploding knee problem.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Not a fan of Beast Wars with a diff cast. Just redo the old show with current CG. I wanna see them bloody cheetah guts all over the top of that blaster. i wanna see every crusty hair on optimus ape rear end individually rendered.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

the guy from Semisonic posted:

MP-09 was later reissued with fixes for his exploding knee problem.

10 years later and they still have issues making knees not explode?

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
You sit in your loving tower

You build a knee!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I'm waiting for the toy-colored MP Hound, hopefully they'll have fixed all this by then.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

non-exploding knees are a lost technology for takara

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Thew does an actual review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaT-Dgl2pGo

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

You gotta stop ragging on him, mate.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That was a good review.

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!

The_Doctor posted:

You gotta stop ragging on him, mate.

I love Thew’s work but drat 2019 was just unboxing after unboxing. He seems more focused going into this year so I’m looking forward to whatever he does.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

He’s closed up the mailbox for just this reason. People are far too generous and were sending him too much stuff, and it was piling up. This creates a sense of guilt because people want to see their stuff featured and him reacting to it, so that video needs to be filmed, and that takes away from actual reviewing.

I suspect there’s probably still leftover stuff that won’t get filmed now, but hey, reviews are better. I know he wasn’t happy with people basically sending him boxes of broken tat.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I will take Thew in all forms, though it is nice to have an actual review too haha. But the shooting the poo poo format of Dammit Opens is also good still. What I'm saying is Thew good.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

The_Doctor posted:

He’s closed up the mailbox for just this reason. People are far too generous and were sending him too much stuff, and it was piling up. This creates a sense of guilt because people want to see their stuff featured and him reacting to it, so that video needs to be filmed, and that takes away from actual reviewing.

I suspect there’s probably still leftover stuff that won’t get filmed now, but hey, reviews are better. I know he wasn’t happy with people basically sending him boxes of broken tat.

This is all the feeling I got also.

Also I liked the Dammit Opens but I also like the reviews.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Thew is good.

I have spoken.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

The_Doctor posted:

Its hardly ragging though. I'm glad the PO Box is done with too because I too got tired of unboxing after unboxing. The best thing that came out of it though was that weird guy with the Tentakill obsession.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
After a while it turned into a flowchart of open box, if good: say nice things, if bad: struggle not to be mean. Didn't seem good for his mental health at all.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yeah if it leads to him seeing less weird tentacle drawings of himself, that seems like a really good thing.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Siege leaders are allegedly out, though I'm pretty skeptical since there's no photo of them actually on shelves. Prime looks so tiny in that box, I'm personally fine with paying leader prices and getting a trailer, but I'm surprised they didn't package him better like they did with Astrotrain since I'm pretty sure they're about the same size.

https://www.reddit.com/r/transformers/comments/evit1h/huge_score_at_target_today/

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh huh, I didn’t realise Spacebus was Earthrise. Makes sense why I hadn’t seen him.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I wish Earthrise will finally give Shockwave an Earth alt mode. And not a tank, since Megatron is already one. I always feel like he should be a truck with all his science equipment stored in his trailer. Hasbro probably would just make him a helicopter though for future retooling into Whirl.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

Oh huh, I didn’t realise Spacebus was Earthrise. Makes sense why I hadn’t seen him.

He's on both War and Earthrise.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

The_Doctor posted:

He's both. I have him in Siege packaging.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Maybe Ratbat and Rumble will be too. :smith:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

Maybe Ratbat and Rumble will be too. :smith:

I've seen them on pegs three times in multiple states now. If I see another I will grab it.

God Bomber came into stock while I was asleep so that invoice is paid. Supposedly the first two Seacons are arriving by Friday so I'm holding off on shipping til then.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I've seen them on pegs three times in multiple states now. If I see another I will grab it.

God Bomber came into stock while I was asleep so that invoice is paid. Supposedly the first two Seacons are arriving by Friday so I'm holding off on shipping til then.

the fans hobby godbomber?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah, the regular version came into stock. TCP confirmed the first two Seacons are waiting to be released from customs so as soon as those drop into my stash I will have another big box of robots on the way.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Yeah, the regular version came into stock. TCP confirmed the first two Seacons are waiting to be released from customs so as soon as those drop into my stash I will have another big box of robots on the way.

he's a good big boy. i initially bought him expecting to just leave him in combined mode with power baser, but i like him a lot as a standalone robot so I have him like that now.

ive also been experimenting with mistransforming MMC incursus' feet to make him look a bit more proportional, but i don't know if i like it or not:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I just had what I assume is a completely original thought (but probably isn't)... are the new MPs so spendy because Hasbro is involved now and American Corporate Greed?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I just had what I assume is a completely original thought (but probably isn't)... are the new MPs so spendy because Hasbro is involved now and American Corporate Greed?

A mix of realizing their niche consumer group is pretty well conditioned to pay absurd prices and the equally absurd obsession with G1 cartoon accurate appearances requiring excessive amounts of over-engineering to pull off.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

clearly they are charging so much to cover the costs of all the top quality materials, paints, precision manufacturing, rigorous QC pffffhahahaha sorry

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
MMC Bruticus may not be HUGEMONGOUS but the add on booties really make a difference here.

This set may end up displayed in combined mode after all.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
i'll take the all-in-one technology over raw size any day.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I mean, enormous poo poo is kind of my thing so

But they work so good in MP scale as single bots, I am really torn. Currently fiddling Vortex into arm mode.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Like, what, you imagine the noble Japanese businessmen follow a strict code of businedo that forbids such dishonorable thoughts?

The otaku tax has been around a long time and they just realized how hard they could milk people once they saw 3P stuff selling for the numbers it was. They tested the waters with each price hike and I don't think sales really faltered.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just paid $100 for two Combiner Wars-ish bots.

I feel loving dirty.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rhyno posted:

I just paid $100 for two Combiner Wars-ish bots.

I feel loving dirty.

...Context?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Burkion posted:

...Context?

The first two Seacons.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Ooh

Well. Now you have an excuse to play their theme music?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Burkion posted:

Ooh

Well. Now you have an excuse to play their theme music?

LIKE I NEEDED AN EXCUSE