Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Just drank some chicken soup through my vape stem. Wish me luck...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

The Modern Leper posted:

Just drank some chicken soup through my vape stem. Wish me luck...

Bad time to remind me of my old friend Orlando that would try a new liquid every time he used his bong and then would proceed to drink it once the bowl was spent. :gonk:

e: he said beer and milk were the absolute WORST to drink warm and full of spent ashes

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
That's... that's awful. I'm sorry that happened.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://mobile.twitter.com/CNN/status/1222322720781762560

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I always kind of wanted to use pudding in a bong just to see what would happen

Just imagine the wet fart sound the bubbles would make when you rip it

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

[coughing blood into handkerchief] alright I gotta settle this once and for all, roll me a bomber

CoolRanch
Apr 5, 2019

SeXReX posted:

I always kind of wanted to use pudding in a bong just to see what would happen

Just imagine the wet fart sound the bubbles would make when you rip it

https://youtu.be/mSrvdntdgzM

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

godlike

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Alien Sex Manual posted:

Hell even higher-paying jobs test. I had to do a drug test at my current place of employment to be a counselor. Pretty much all the military contractors I know got tested. Ironically, so do the people getting government assistance. We love denying people opportunities based on their consumption of drugs* over here.

*Alcohol doesn’t count of course

It's even worse these days. I had to turn down a few interviews because they did follicle tests that go back 120 days. And there is no way to fool those tests that I know of.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

Cacator posted:

Anyway how long is a proper tolerance break anyway? I did 3 weeks this month and found it didn't really change when I got back into it.

I remember seeing some study that said you really only need 2 weeks to repair all your receptors but I am pretty sure that’s not true

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I've got noticeable results from a mere 3 days of not smoking.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
Yeah, same.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

purple death ray posted:

I've got noticeable results from a mere 3 days of not smoking.

I tend to mostly smoke on weekends anyway so maybe my tolerance was already lower than I thought it was, and I'm just not smoking enough in the first place.

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Cacator posted:

Wait a minute... You were out of work and stopped smoking weed??

Anyway how long is a proper tolerance break anyway? I did 3 weeks this month and found it didn't really change when I got back into it.

2-3 days, according to science.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I do NOT miss all the drug testing when I lived in the US.

Back in my early 20s I got a temp job at a hospital working as a clerk. At the time I was dating a woman who was really into weed and we smoked ourselves silly every night.

One day my boss tells me, "Congratulations, Bonzo! We want to hire you full time. Just go to HR and fill out some paperwork and take your drug test".

Holy poo poo I was freaking out. I went to 7/11 or whatever gas station was closest and got the biggest cup I could find and drank water from it all day long. I passed the test but I think that was more my metabolism at the time.

Jascum
Sep 29, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wait, you’re not supposed to drink the synthetic urine?

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Drug testing in America seems pretty hosed up. I got hired to work for a Canadian company (in Canada) that does defense contract work for the DoD, to work on a DoD contract that required actual security clearance to work on a project with a controlled goods project.

Was dreading the inevitable drug test, but it never came, not before the job, not while on the job, not for the clearance. I started smoking a lot of weed at my time there too. Working on American defense projects apparently wasn't enough to warrant drug testing. I think only jobs involving heavy machinery require drug tests here, and even then there's a huge fuss raised about it by employees or the unions.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Video Nasty posted:

I have concentrated weed honey and it's as amazing as it sounds.

ahhh that sounds dank. If I was into edibles more I think honey is how I'd want them

klapman posted:

IDK, I rinsed it out like four times before doing the test pulls, but the fact that I got it from a straight up empty and clean bowl was enough for me to dump the piece entirely. There's something hosed up with it for sure and I don't really wanna mess with it anymore lol. Think I'm gonna start doing joints instead

Sometimes cleaning a bowl can make it a lot easier for ash and sparks to travel through the whole thing and into your mouth. Also the shorter the piece (shape can effect this too) the hotter the air coming our will be.

Just brainstorming, but go ahead with the joints. Get a joint rolling machine and it's just as easy to roll up a j as it is to pack a bowl

The Modern Leper posted:

That's... that's awful. I'm sorry that happened.

I'm sorry that person happened, christ that's disgusting. Drinking bong liquid of any kind is just... something you don't do. Maybe it's something you joke about doing but it's not something you actually do

*saluts the TV*

YES SIR!!!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

piratepilates posted:

America seems pretty hosed up.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
America is hosed up that's why we want legal weed so bad.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

AkumaHokoru posted:

America is hosed up that's why we want legal weed so bad.

hey legal weed is one of the only things that America has an advantage on compared to the rest of the world. I was only 8 years old when weed was essentially legalized in my state

The interplay between that and employer drug testing is pretty screwed up though. As a potential medicine I think it should be illegal for marijuana use to be a factor in any hiring decisions.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Play posted:

hey legal weed is one of the only things that America has an advantage on compared to the rest of the world.

lol

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Blue is legal, yellow is illegal but decriminalized, pink is illegal but often unenforced, red is illegal. I thought it was kinda interesting

I live on the west coast so...

Play fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jan 30, 2020

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Play posted:

hey legal weed is one of the only things that America has an advantage on compared to the rest of the world. I was only 8 years old when weed was essentially legalized in my state

The interplay between that and employer drug testing is pretty screwed up though. As a potential medicine I think it should be illegal for marijuana use to be a factor in any hiring decisions.

As a Canadian all I can do is point and laugh.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Cacator posted:

As a Canadian all I can do is point and laugh.

You mean the country that legalized 7 years after my state did? Okay..

But for real, next time I'll just say "North America" and avoid the angry canucks!! Smoke more weed drat yoU!!

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

My allegedly deep blue state is yellow on that map. Making it medically “legal” doesn’t do poo poo if there are no safeguards in place to prevent people from losing their jobs over their medicine.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Play posted:

You mean the country that legalized 7 years after my state did? Okay..

You ever flown across the country with weed in your carry on luggage? Yeah, don't think so :smugdog:

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

The only reason weed wasn't legalized like 25 years ago under Chretien is because america had a big temper tantrum and forced us not to.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Cacator posted:

You ever flown across the country with weed in your carry on luggage? Yeah, don't think so :smugdog:

No, but I have flown while really high and threw a Nature's Valley bar right into some random dude's face by accident lol

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Alien Sex Manual posted:

My allegedly deep blue state is yellow on that map. Making it medically “legal” doesn’t do poo poo if there are no safeguards in place to prevent people from losing their jobs over their medicine.

making it "legal" makes a huge difference because it means you can no longer be arrested and charged with a crime for it, which is even worse than getting fired

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Cacator posted:

yes, all the time... Hell I even do that internationally, on my recent trip to Thailand I brought a bunch of hash to avoid having to seek out local stuff

They're looking for bombs, not weed. Once as a college student I completely forgot to take my weed and pipe out of my backpack or conceal it whatsoever, I got randomly searched and the guy pulled it out, looked at it and put it back in. I've never heard of anyone getting in trouble for taking small amounts of weed on airlines although I'm sure it probably happens sometimes

I admit it would be nice to not worry about it at all. But as it is I don't worry all that much

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Play posted:

Blue is legal, yellow is illegal but decriminalized, pink is illegal but often unenforced, red is illegal. I thought it was kinda interesting

So loving stupid

Thanks Harry J Anslinger

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

huh I didnt realize Maine or Georgia (the country) had gone legal, thats' cool

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Play posted:

So weed is illegal in the Netherlands? Uhh, Amsterdam would like a word with this map maker.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Zipperelli. posted:

So weed is illegal in the Netherlands? Uhh, Amsterdam would like a word with this map maker.

It is illegal and just decriminalized. Amsterdam turns a pretty blind eye but it is not legal in the way that it is in Canada.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Fun fact, there are no cannabis laws in North Korea so technically it is not illegal!

Edit: There are conflicting reports on the accuracy of the previous statement.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i'm high as hell and i don't care if it's legal

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Cacator posted:

Fun fact, there are no cannabis laws in North Korea so technically it is not illegal!

Your ancestors will know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Cacator posted:

I think meth is their national pastime for much the same reason.

Do not cite me on this.