Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Nice to know Kenny's still involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

coconono posted:

now I wanna see The Butcher wrestler An Actual Bear

Not sure how he'd wrestle his own reflection OP

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

It's bigger on the inside.

House of Leaves 2: Cruise Control

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Lamuella posted:

And advanced the story without damaging anyone in the story.

So many of the AEW stories would have been burned through in a month or less on WWE. Page and Omega would have tagged for one week, maybe two, before Hangman turned on him, and they'd have the blowoff match the week after that. I like seeing a story breathe

Yeah, as I said everybody left that segment more over than they were when it started. Cody proved that he isn't an idiot and he's not gonna take this poo poo lying down which is loving awesome, and also something that WWE would never do. MJF got humiliated and now he'll definitely be out for revenge and I want to know what he'll come up with. This also easily lets them stretch the story out until Revolution without it feeling contrived because the suspense is there. The Bucks showed they they're there for Cody and now they'll be written into the larger story as well as a counterweight to MJF's henchmen.

It's loving great, is what it is. Simple, logical booking is such a breath of fresh air.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/mkurtz91/status/1221244470341111813

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
that’s the shittiest hat i’ve ever seen someone buy me one

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

An Actual Bear posted:

Please don’t shame me into wrestling someone

I'm a big fan, Mr. Anderson.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

They pay me to be controversial

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Nothing screams of humble like wearing a baseball cap with your own name on it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

forkboy84 posted:

Nothing screams of humble like wearing a baseball cap with your own name on it

Or writing a book that you unironically called "Forgiven: One Man's Road from Self-Glorification to Sanctification."

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Jerusalem posted:

Or writing a book that you unironically called "Forgiven: One Man's Road from Self-Glorification to Sanctification."

Still can't beat "Rope Opera: How WCW Killed Vince Russo"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

overmind2000 posted:

Still can't beat "Rope Opera: How WCW Killed Vince Russo"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cANZx0a7XgI

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

That's a good dog

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/MattyOrtizDrip/status/1221567166836879361

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This has to be a troll, no one could be that loving stupid

...right?

RIGHT!!??

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/Shazza_McKenzie/status/1221610022225858561

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Holy poo poo people came at Michael Kurtz 1991 for the first time.

https://twitter.com/mkurtz91/status/1221612536971304960

https://twitter.com/mkurtz91/status/1221614150264270848

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
All two people

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tony just fuckin sign her because this is the most messy she's ever gonna get on social media.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/jake_nazar/status/1221607935803117568

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Wins and losses don't matter in WWE.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Lamuella posted:

Complaining about Marko being small is so weird because, like... yes, that's his character. He's the little guy in the weird misfits group. He's little and laughable, and then he's kicked you in the dick and run away and you look like an idiot for underestimating him.

How tall is he exactly? We have someone in our local indie who is like 4'10", proclaims himself the Midget Wrestling Champion complete with a tiny belt the size of his finger, and has a spot wherein he drops down and crawls between his opponent's legs to escape nasty holds. Dude's also a practicing lawyer.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Marko's billed at 5'2, which seems legit enough (by comparison, Rey is billed at 5'6). It's not like he has any reason to inflate his height when being a tiny child man is part of the gimmick.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Benne posted:

Marko's billed at 5'2, which seems legit enough (by comparison, Rey is billed at 5'6). It's not like he has any reason to inflate his height when being a tiny child man is part of the gimmick.
Marko being 5'2"-5'3" is legit. It's just that his body type makes you think he's shorter.

(Although in street clothes out of gimmick with his regular hair and not doing the childlike facial expressions, Marko is clearly a guy in his early 20s.)

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

El Lindaman is also billed at 5’3” and him and Marko looked roughly the same height during the Jurassic Express/Stronghearts match from Dark last week, albeit built completely differently.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Speaking of Charlotte, people are starting to point out after last night that she is loving terrible at selling. Naturally this pissed off parts of reddit.

quote:

She's bigger and stronger than every girl on the main roster besides Nia who is out. She really shouldn't be selling for most of the roster.

quote:

"Her gimmick isn't that she's an unstoppable monster but she wrestles like it is." I'd understand this criticism over one match ("she wrestled like her gimmick is to be an unstoppable monster"), but if someone wrestles a certain way over a sustained period of time, hasn't that now become part of the gimmick?

quote:

She is literally the biggest woman on the main roster by like a lot, she doesn't need to do the diverticulitis sell for Sasha/Kairi/Asuka. She sells a little more for Nikki/Bayley/Becky/Nia.

People need to stop psychologizing this, you can agree or disagree but it's basic storytelling.

quote:

Charlotte sells like she's a foot taller than the people she's working with, which she is, cry more.

quote:

I do agree that she’s inconsistent, but I thought it was ridiculous how many people were upset that she was just eating Kairi’s chops instead of making Kairi out to be some kind of brute or something.

Please disregard the fact that much bigger people have sold for smaller people. Look at Brock. He sold like hell for Rey Mysterio and Finn Balor. Given he still won, but at least he actually SOLD for them. Big Show, and even the Great Khali even sold more for the people they faced.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Reddit sucks

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm not 100% on this but I'm fairly certain most of the women that came into the Rumble last night after her had their shine cut off by Charlotte, too.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
So these people legit think being tall should make you impervious to pain?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

JT Smiley posted:

Yup. If you are taller than the person you are facing, you should be able to no sell their offense apparently.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

JT Smiley posted:

Maaaaybe a slight resistance to blunt head trauma because we keep walking into stuff or just joking our heads over the years. (6'4", used to work at a small airport with lots of low airplane wings, so I speak from some painful experience.)

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I absolutely think Marko's about 5'2" because my father is 5'2" so I am clearly an expert

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/BellToBelles/status/1222308873924681734

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
She's had twice many title reigns as any active woman on the roster, she doesn't need anything at this point.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/horsewooman/status/1221917536486379527

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Does main eventing Wrestlemania, having the record for most women's titles in the WWE, retiring Trish Stratus, and breaking Asuka's monumental winning streak not count as moments or...?

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Too bad cowboy Cerrone wasnt told that when your opponent is shorter than you they literally can't harm you when he got his rear end kicked in 40 seconds by McGregor. Or Max Holloway vs Volkanovski or Stefen Struve vs everyone who has beat him or every one of Amanda Nune's opponents or Anthony Johnson vs Ruiz or all those guys who were taller then Tyson ect ect...

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Reddit posted:

It's literally exactly what you want.

Everyone says that WWE "doesn't push anyone bigger than the brand" due to "50/50 booking". You act like you hate the idea that everyone should trade wins and that stars should be allowed to thrive, but nothing turns this sub into a whiny little hissy fit like WWE allowing a star to be a star.

You don't have to like this, but it's a fact:

The greatest male superstar in WWE is Roman Reigns, and the greatest female superstar in WWE is Charlotte Flair.

Don't get me started on you clowns who cried like little babies about Roman's "definite" rumble win for a month. Let's focus on Charlotte.

When Charlotte Flair won the Royal Rumble, this place went into hysterics. "LOL Charlotte wins" was the top upvoted comment in the post-match thread.

Nevermind that Charlotte is head and shoulders above the rest of the roster for look/talent/in-ring ability and promo.

Nevermind that Charlotte has a 5 year history of some of the best matches on the roster.

Nevermind that Charlotte helped carry half the rumble and takes clean pinfalls on the regular.

All of a sudden you react to a blonde woman with the same hatred and prejudice that the loving Klan would show towards minorities in the 1960's and everyone pats themselves on the back for it.

Stop bitching. If your favorite was that good, he/she would have that spot.

Roman and Charlotte earned their positions and you don't even realize that their build-ups are always to eventually put over a new star anyway.

That is all.

:chloe: is the only reaction I can make right now.

But I will say that Roman has been built up a bit better over the past year or so, and comes across as at least a tolerable/nice dude in interviews. Charlotte is the exact opposite.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jan 29, 2020

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

most of these opinions aren't stupid, they're just tedious. But then again, Charlotte could set herself on fire and it wouldn't move a single needle in my world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
drat, I missed the part of the Rumble where a group of fans pulled Charlotte from the ring and lynched her while pointing at the Mania sign.