Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

Solaris 2.0 posted:

A reminder that Trump blew up Qasem Soleimani and (again) nearly plunged us into another war AFTER he had fired Bolton.

We are not safer just because Bolton is gone.
Well it's all a counterfactual at this point, but I really think Bolton would have tried to continue escalating after the Iranian response instead of standing down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Rosalind posted:

I appreciate that physicians want to give their input from a resource and treatment perspective, but if you are not a trained epidemiologist, you should probably hold off on discussing the population health aspects of the epidemic. There is plenty of fearmongering on Twitter from physicians and MPHs who took an epi class or two and now suddenly think they're infectious disease experts.

I have a degree in disease ecology and am really interested in what the spillover event was. With animal markets being temporarily closed, I'm really hoping this puts lasting international pressure on China to stop it's unsustainable eating of bushmeat (there's a black market for American turtles). It's not even protein needed for survival like in Africa but to have exotic tasting food and fulfilling Traditional Chinese Medicine. :tif:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TulliusCicero posted:

Trump a coward?! NOOOOOOO

lol yea pussy wouldn't even get us into an even more horrific war than we're already in, more like president bone spurs am I right bro?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Rauros posted:

ugh, Collins should never become a senator

He won’t.

I don’t understand what he thinks he’s doing.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

FizFashizzle posted:

He won’t.

I don’t understand what he thinks he’s doing.

having a tantrum. He was the dude who the governor was 'supposed' to pick and he's got his 15 minutes from his incoherent ramblings for trump.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

friendbot2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1222496715422433281

Oh boy, Donny is up to his usual tricks!

I really wonder if Donny can't remember his name so he is legit asking who would do this

You can set your watch to it

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

sexpig by night posted:

lol yea pussy wouldn't even get us into an even more horrific war than we're already in, more like president bone spurs am I right bro?

Yeah man, totally in favor of another useless and destructive War in the Middle East, not at all making a joking observation about how Trump's strongman persona is a joke to everyone but the most insane sycophant, and his natural cowardice accidentally saves us from far worse things

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1222516374427316224

80 whole pages, you guys. And a map!

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

I'm also at lolling at Trump calling attention to the fact that Bolton's position had no Senate approval which sort of paints the opposite picture he's trying to paint!

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

I'd challenge the staunchest opponent of the concept of white privilege to watch an hour of various kushner footage and not come away with their mind changed. Dude comes across like some crayon eater that someone put a suit on and threw into national politics as a cruel joke.

sexpig by night posted:

Or, yknow, by trump not calling some dipshit idiotic hit on one of the most popular people in Iran there'd be a lot of american troops without TBIs. Also depending on who you believe, the cia plane full of higherups that went down in afghanistan might still be flying.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jan 29, 2020

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Oh my god yes

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1222002976165892096?s=21

Loeffler is the shitzillionaire crypto fund person who bought her position from governor brian kemp, bypassing gop favorite Collins. The thought was loeffler would be a more moderate force in the general election and she’d spend a bunch of her own money. Loeffler is not anti abortion, for example.

But Collins is going to force a primary and drag her through the mud. She’ll be able to outspend him (unless McConnell gets heavily involved) but no one will look good coming from this.

It’s best case scenario for hurting the gop in Georgia

Welp, I guess now I know why he's been causing such a stink in Washington. He was auditioning for a job for the Trump base.

I hope he wins the primary too, because if 2020 goes how I think it will, he's going to lose real real bad.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
oh boy a map

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

80 pages and a map, like some Game of Thrones-ripoff self-published fantasy novella. Good poo poo Jarjar

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Just a reminder that Kush had to get the Chinese to bail out his 666 Park Ave project because it was a huge failure and could have bankrupted him

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Wait...didn't he comment that this was just a vague idea that needed a great deal of hashing- and fleshing out?

So it's 79-pages of Mad Libs or something?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Kushner: "Here's my peace proposal: Israel gets everything it wants and Palestine can go gently caress itself."

Palestine: "Very tempting offer, but we'll pass."

(Two years later)

Kushner: "I spent the last two years working on an 80 page directors cut of my peace proposal with a map. You guys are totally going to like it now, right?"

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013
In the coming Democratic Super-Majority, an amendment should be passed that states the winning candidate will have their testicles removed to decrease the tendancy of testosterone driven decisions.

The GOP will be behind it because they think Dems have no balls.

The Dems will back it because only honest Repubs will risk having their balls taken.

Women will come out ahead because they know all men are cowards who won't give up their balls.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FlamingLiberal posted:

Just a reminder that Kush had to get the Chinese to bail out his 666 Park Ave project because it was a huge failure and could have bankrupted him

and they only did it because he could give them access to the president.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
So, the proposal has about 90 pages of this:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Chilichimp posted:

Oh yeah, 100%. Without Trump he is just some stupid trust fund kid

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Chilichimp posted:

Any goofus that can get in to Mar a Lago has that.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Nazis in Washington State and Oregon have been wanting to make a new state out of Eastern WA and OR for years, but it’s not happening

The State of Jefferson in southern Oregon and northern California has been a thing since the gold rush years.

In 2013 5 counties in northern Colorado voted to secede from the state. Their flag is amazing.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Hook babies up to oil derricks through their umbilical cord

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

highme posted:

The State of Jefferson in southern Oregon and northern California has been a thing since the gold rush years.

In 2013 5 counties in northern Colorado voted to secede from the state. Their flag is amazing.

That would literally be the worst state flag, which is really impressive, because They're all pretty bad already

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lote posted:

Death Stranding 2: Blood for Oil

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

highme posted:

Atari E.T. 2020 remaster getting a little weird for my liking

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Cool Death Stranding wallpaper.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

PainterofCrap posted:

Wait...didn't he comment that this was just a vague idea that needed a great deal of hashing- and fleshing out?

So it's 79-pages of Mad Libs or something?

"Webster's Dictionary defines 'Middle East' as..."

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

theflyingorc posted:

That would literally be the worst state flag, which is really impressive, because They're all pretty bad already

I do like the confusion around the Ohio state flag every time it's in the background somewhere, since it's a weird shape and shares design elements with the US flag. My favorite was when Obama gave a speech or something in Ohio, and a bunch of people flipped out thinking he was making his own flag because it has a big O on it.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

What is missing an alley oop?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Guze posted:

Any goofus that can get in to Mar a Lago has that.

How many world leaders are members of his golf clubs?

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Lucky for Gym he's still not the dumbest person in this "panel" since Louie Gohmert is there.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

highme posted:

Doesn't have ICBMs in the flag, this is a failure.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

theflyingorc posted:

California's flag owns and I won't hear otherwise

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

It's like the Legion of Stupid having a meeting

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Lote posted:

Greely is close to doing that already:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Lote posted:

I believe you'll find that fetus is hooked up to the rifle :colbert:

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

i am harry posted:

Greely is close to doing that already:

Greeley Colorado is literally the worst city in the US I have ever visited. There's nothing to do except a train museum and literally the whole town smells like poo poo because of a meatpacking plant.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Nazzadan posted:

California's flag owns and I won't hear otherwise

Same with the New Mexico flag; that design kicks rear end and it's awesome that it honors the state's native people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Rosalind posted:

Greeley Colorado is literally the worst city in the US I have ever visited. There's nothing to do except a train museum and literally the whole town smells like poo poo because of a meatpacking plant.

yeah it's awful, but the smells from the hog and cow farms are worse.