Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

downout posted:

A question and a statement:

#1 Since many people speaking up and seem relatively invested often seem to say, "well hopefully there's a game one day", is there any evidence from the history of this project that you've seen that suggests this a possible outcome? I'm asking to those that still think this, but this is clearly a minority in the thread. And I be interested in anyone's responses that envision another outcome. Full disclosure, I have not purchased anything and do not intend to. I'm just curious how you see what is there given the current history of development.

#2 I remember at some point coming across a scenario and mechanic in a game. I don't remember what game, but it was a scenario that was obnoxious to solve and was nearly impossible due to badly/buggy mechanics. That was pretty much when I walked away. And I figured out in that moment that for me I don't like games that have scenarios that are difficult to solve/beat/win because the mechanics in the game make it difficult; for me that's fake difficulty. That seems a fatal flaw of SC. They have a high number of mechanics that are frustrating, not because they are "difficult to learn to be proficient with", but because their development is so incapable of fixing or creating something that is fun.

#1 They could release right now what they have and call it a day, so there could indeed be a "game" any time now. As crappy and bad as it can be. Having said that I suspect that unless Chris Roberts manages to develop a good game (haha) or unless he believes the legal liabilities for not releasing are more damaging he will most likely prefer to never release a crappy product and stay in limbo for ever.

e:

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Jan 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
:reddit: Actual new player experience regarding p2w and ship upgrade advice

Hi guys, I've been following Star Citizen for a while, but I haven't actually played it before last week. I started playing just around the time that this thread was on the subreddit front page:

Stop telling new players to upgrade their ship before they have even played the game...

While there are lots of people agreeing with the OP in that thread, there is also a lot of denial in the comments, and I thought it might be interesting to share some anecdotal evidence from my own experience playing for the past week.

So last week, I bought the Mustang Alpha starter pack. I was interested in combat - I recently bought a HOTAS for Elite Dangerous, and I really liked flying with it in combat, so I wanted to do the same in Star Citizen. After messing around in the game as a solo player for a while, I joined a bunch of Star Citizen Discord servers to find more people to play with. I've been meeting new people every day and doing all kinds of activities, including sightseeing, missions, racing, vanduul swarm and PVP. I'm just going to list some of my impressions so far, and I'll separate them as positive and negative.

Let's start with the positive:
1. The actual flight in this game feels really nice - the responsiveness of the ships feels appropriate (much more so than it does in E:D), and as a result, I really like the combat.
2. It has been very easy to find people to play with, there seems to be plenty of active groups of all kinds.
3. Absolutely every single player who I've grouped with has been EXTREMELY nice, much more so than in other games I've played. Everybody has been more than willing to spend time on explaining the game to me, show me ships and planets, just chat about random stuff in Discord.

Overall, it's been a great experience as far as the community goes, HOWEVER, here are the negative things I've noticed:
1. Nearly every single person who I've played with for more than 15 minutes has told me that I should spend another ~100€ on the game to get something like a Gladius or a Cutlass (this is in stark contrast to all the people in the thread mentioned above saying that they don't see new players getting told to buy more ships for real money).
2. By default, the whole community seems to equate "upgrading your ship" with spending more real money and NOT with earning it in game, which is very very different from how people talk in other games. Frankly, this mentality leaves a very bad impression on new players.
Arena Commander (which seems to be the best part of the game currently for combat) is completely p2w - it's very difficult to grind REC with a starter ship, and even if you do manage to grind enough to rent something better, you can't actually customize any loadouts, because the only way to change ship loadouts is to spend real money. This problem is made even worse by the fact that mosts ships don't have gimbals in their default loadouts, so you're at a huge disadvantage against players who have bought ships for real money.
3. Strangely, the community (at least the players I have spoken to directly) seem to be in denial about the p2w aspect.
4. As somebody who has played a lot of different games and participated in a lot of different gaming communities, I can tell you that these negatives are bad enough to scare off the vast majority of my friends from this game. Among the people I play with, only a small minority likes to spend real money to skip progression in the game, and I think it's a big mistake to essentially exclude large groups of players while the game is in early access.

CIG has created a system where players are punished for not spending more money on the game. I realize that this is still an Alpha, but I think that it's still very bad for the game to build a reputation as a p2w game. It's very clear as an outsider that the community has mostly accepted and rationalized the p2w aspects, putting the pressure on new players to choose between buying more ships or having a worse experience. I think that in the long run, it would be VERY beneficial to the game if instead everybody started shifting the pressure towards CIG to stop punishing players who don't spend a lot of money on the game.

I will definitely keep playing the game, because like I said, the flying itself is great, and the people are awesome, but I'm afraid I won't be able to convince any of my friends to join me as things stand now.

:shepspends: Technically not pay to win because theres nothing to win. Anyone who plays is just play-testing the game for the devs.
The gimbal issue needs to be fixed though. Several patches ago they claimed that s2 gimbals will fit on s1 mounts (blatant lie). The work around was to rent an aurora ES and take it's gimbals off. They just fixed that.

:shepspends: What is that you think you will "win"? I do recommend people get a Titan as it is a much more versatile and enjoyable ship to enjoy the current state of the game in. It is just "pay a bit more to have more fun", which I realise isn't as catchy or clickbaity.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

no_recall posted:

Just caught up with the thread, and lol spacecourt.

VR Trip Report:
I've been investing my time into Boneworks and have come to the conclusion that the devs have experimented extensively into "immersion" and it parallels with SC quite a bit in this regard, in the experimentation that is. Execution, however they delivered a playable game.

Some background, Boneworks is this Half-Life wannabe in VR. Fully realized VR body, with IK, proper running, jumping and crouching movement like an FPS and lots of puzzles that the devs thought were cool, but aren't.

Hardcore VR :reddit: nerds have been gushing over this game because of what it represents, full immersion. But gently caress, sometimes its janky as hell, and I can randomly get nauseated from certain levels which I don't in others just because the design of a certain encounter was so bad, or a room where the devs thought it would be fun for you to run back and forth pushing random buttons without any manual or proper communication to the player on wtf was going on and trying to figure out the solution. Its the same with how in SC people absolutely worship the idea of spacelegs, even its implementation doesn't provide anything substantial in SC. Because the devs implemented something that you've been dreaming about, it doesn't mean it plays / works well.

Star Citizen tries to reinvent the wheel by selling ships and attaching them to game mechanics. We had that rotating miner which doesn't exist today, the spider mining bots? Remember those? What about the idea of boarding? Forgotten? I remember a Cutlass was prized because of the boarding mechanics, but that seems like a lifetime ago. The idea might be great, but when implemented it might be slightly better than a potato.

After several days of back and forth and finally finishing the game. I can say, gently caress it and good riddance. The idea was good, the implementation was good really, but in practice, it was one hell of a roller coaster.

Play Superhot in VR.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Quavers posted:

:reddit: Actual new player experience regarding p2w and ship upgrade advice

Hi guys, I've been following Star Citizen for a while, but I haven't actually played it before last week. I started playing just around the time that this thread was on the subreddit front page:

Stop telling new players to upgrade their ship before they have even played the game...

While there are lots of people agreeing with the OP in that thread, there is also a lot of denial in the comments, and I thought it might be interesting to share some anecdotal evidence from my own experience playing for the past week.

So last week, I bought the Mustang Alpha starter pack. I was interested in combat - I recently bought a HOTAS for Elite Dangerous, and I really liked flying with it in combat, so I wanted to do the same in Star Citizen. After messing around in the game as a solo player for a while, I joined a bunch of Star Citizen Discord servers to find more people to play with. I've been meeting new people every day and doing all kinds of activities, including sightseeing, missions, racing, vanduul swarm and PVP. I'm just going to list some of my impressions so far, and I'll separate them as positive and negative.

Let's start with the positive:
1. The actual flight in this game feels really nice - the responsiveness of the ships feels appropriate (much more so than it does in E:D), and as a result, I really like the combat.
2. It has been very easy to find people to play with, there seems to be plenty of active groups of all kinds.
3. Absolutely every single player who I've grouped with has been EXTREMELY nice, much more so than in other games I've played. Everybody has been more than willing to spend time on explaining the game to me, show me ships and planets, just chat about random stuff in Discord.

Overall, it's been a great experience as far as the community goes, HOWEVER, here are the negative things I've noticed:
1. Nearly every single person who I've played with for more than 15 minutes has told me that I should spend another ~100€ on the game to get something like a Gladius or a Cutlass (this is in stark contrast to all the people in the thread mentioned above saying that they don't see new players getting told to buy more ships for real money).
2. By default, the whole community seems to equate "upgrading your ship" with spending more real money and NOT with earning it in game, which is very very different from how people talk in other games. Frankly, this mentality leaves a very bad impression on new players.
Arena Commander (which seems to be the best part of the game currently for combat) is completely p2w - it's very difficult to grind REC with a starter ship, and even if you do manage to grind enough to rent something better, you can't actually customize any loadouts, because the only way to change ship loadouts is to spend real money. This problem is made even worse by the fact that mosts ships don't have gimbals in their default loadouts, so you're at a huge disadvantage against players who have bought ships for real money.
3. Strangely, the community (at least the players I have spoken to directly) seem to be in denial about the p2w aspect.
4. As somebody who has played a lot of different games and participated in a lot of different gaming communities, I can tell you that these negatives are bad enough to scare off the vast majority of my friends from this game. Among the people I play with, only a small minority likes to spend real money to skip progression in the game, and I think it's a big mistake to essentially exclude large groups of players while the game is in early access.

CIG has created a system where players are punished for not spending more money on the game. I realize that this is still an Alpha, but I think that it's still very bad for the game to build a reputation as a p2w game. It's very clear as an outsider that the community has mostly accepted and rationalized the p2w aspects, putting the pressure on new players to choose between buying more ships or having a worse experience. I think that in the long run, it would be VERY beneficial to the game if instead everybody started shifting the pressure towards CIG to stop punishing players who don't spend a lot of money on the game.

I will definitely keep playing the game, because like I said, the flying itself is great, and the people are awesome, but I'm afraid I won't be able to convince any of my friends to join me as things stand now.

:shepspends: Technically not pay to win because theres nothing to win. Anyone who plays is just play-testing the game for the devs.
The gimbal issue needs to be fixed though. Several patches ago they claimed that s2 gimbals will fit on s1 mounts (blatant lie). The work around was to rent an aurora ES and take it's gimbals off. They just fixed that.

:shepspends: What is that you think you will "win"? I do recommend people get a Titan as it is a much more versatile and enjoyable ship to enjoy the current state of the game in. It is just "pay a bit more to have more fun", which I realise isn't as catchy or clickbaity.

Nothing to win?

Tell that to the PvPers.

Tell that to the people who think that land claims will give them an edge on base building and production (lol, like its ever going to happen)

Tell that to people stuck in starter ships while others are flying around in much better ships.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Agony Aunt posted:

Nothing to win?

Tell that to the PvPers.

Tell that to the people who think that land claims will give them an edge on base building and production (lol, like its ever going to happen)

Tell that to people stuck in starter ships while others are flying around in much better ships.

What is P2W anyways?
What is release anyways?
What is a space sim anyways?
What is an engine license anyways?

Why the gently caress you care anyways? Just hand over your money.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Star Citizen: Our Patience is not Endless, Our Development is

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

knockout posted:

is there, like, an earnest thread about this game for people who enjoy playing it?

You could always make one I guess

Can probably imagine how that'd turn out though

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

MedicineHut posted:

Star Citizen: Our Patience is not Endless, Our Development is

Star Citizen: Our Money is not Endless, Your Money is

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

AntherUslessPoster posted:

Star Citizen: Our Money is not Endless, Your Money is

:five:

marumaru
May 20, 2013

no_recall posted:

Just caught up with the thread, and lol spacecourt.

VR Trip Report:
I've been investing my time into Boneworks and have come to the conclusion that the devs have experimented extensively into "immersion" and it parallels with SC quite a bit in this regard, in the experimentation that is. Execution, however they delivered a playable game.

Some background, Boneworks is this Half-Life wannabe in VR. Fully realized VR body, with IK, proper running, jumping and crouching movement like an FPS and lots of puzzles that the devs thought were cool, but aren't.

Hardcore VR :reddit: nerds have been gushing over this game because of what it represents, full immersion. But gently caress, sometimes its janky as hell, and I can randomly get nauseated from certain levels which I don't in others just because the design of a certain encounter was so bad, or a room where the devs thought it would be fun for you to run back and forth pushing random buttons without any manual or proper communication to the player on wtf was going on and trying to figure out the solution. Its the same with how in SC people absolutely worship the idea of spacelegs, even its implementation doesn't provide anything substantial in SC. Because the devs implemented something that you've been dreaming about, it doesn't mean it plays / works well.

Star Citizen tries to reinvent the wheel by selling ships and attaching them to game mechanics. We had that rotating miner which doesn't exist today, the spider mining bots? Remember those? What about the idea of boarding? Forgotten? I remember a Cutlass was prized because of the boarding mechanics, but that seems like a lifetime ago. The idea might be great, but when implemented it might be slightly better than a potato.

After several days of back and forth and finally finishing the game. I can say, gently caress it and good riddance. The idea was good, the implementation was good really, but in practice, it was one hell of a roller coaster.

boneworks was made obsolete in a big way by the new Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners game.
boneworks made a lot of jokes about how it wasn't a tech demo... but it feels like it is. it's janky, it's the only VR game that makes me motion sick, you keep bumping into poo poo, it doesn't perform as well as it should for how it looks.
and it's exactly how i imagine what a VR Star Citizen would feel.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

trucutru posted:

More like only a small step away from something Megatron would say to Starscream. It's just some ridiculous poo poo.

Hmm. Megatron Law.

It could just work...

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

IcarusUpHigh posted:

Holy fuckin poo poo have you guys seen this?!?!?!

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/euubki/reload_animation/

Can't say I've ever seen such a fidelitous reload animation in my entire existence on this planet.

A reload animation.

Guys.

A 90+ comment thread on a reload animation.

Guys.

Help.

That is such a poo poo animation...

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Virtual Captain posted:

Sean Tracy is a better liar than Chris. Just sayin.

100% true. As I was reading his drunken, rambling pledge to prioritize gameplay over graphics and a commitment to an early 2021 release, I really, actually believed him for a good few minutes until I remembered that he's one of the SC people--a collection of """"""""game"""""""" """"""""developers"""""""" so woefully unqualified and inexperienced that half of senior management are still in diapers doomed to toil fruitlessly under the myopic and hamfisted parody of leadership routinely inflicted upon them by a drooling, syphilitic moron. Yeah, if anyone can release a brand new game mode in their buggy, jerry-rigged engine into beta by early next year, it's the guys with a sign posted in the break room explaining how to use the coffee maker in 31 easy steps.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Inacio posted:

boneworks was made obsolete in a big way by the new Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners game.
boneworks made a lot of jokes about how it wasn't a tech demo... but it feels like it is. it's janky, it's the only VR game that makes me motion sick, you keep bumping into poo poo, it doesn't perform as well as it should for how it looks.
and it's exactly how i imagine what a VR Star Citizen would feel.

Doesn't seem like Saints & Sinners made a huge impact during its first week on sale. Nothing like Boneworks, anyway.

Megalobster
Aug 31, 2018

Jobbo_Fett posted:

IcarusUpHigh posted:

Holy fuckin poo poo have you guys seen this?!?!?!

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/euubki/reload_animation/

Can't say I've ever seen such a fidelitous reload animation in my entire existence on this planet.

A reload animation.

Guys.

A 90+ comment thread on a reload animation.

Guys.

Help.

That is such a poo poo animation...

I am the janky rear end magazine that breaks the laws of physics by instantly transitioning from vertical to horizontal direction at light speed.
I am the Archered Berretta ARX that manages to be uglier than the original.
I am the assault rifle that doesn't have last round bolt hold open feature in the Year of our Lord 2942.

FIDELITY

This is the epitome of SC: backers creaming themselves over an obviously broken animation on a broken rifle model, made by someone who probably never fired one in his life.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

quote:

You can tell whoever mo-capped this has a lot experience with guns. That little flick he does when releasing the mag is from someone used to them not coming out all the time without help, lol. I wish this was shown full speed and then in slow motion.

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line
Calling it now. When Clown Emporium implement VR, they're going to fidelitize it. Like attaching two cameras to each of the avatars eyeballs, and calling it a day.

"But guys, this is why we spent all that time on this stupid unified animation set thing so you can have the most realistic portrayal of virtual reality rendering. We've called it Actual Reality because we're not relying on cheap tricks like those other VR developer hacks! Buy an Idris!"

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lol someone at CIG was paying attention to all the absolutely insane hype Escape From Tarkov dorks generated over magazine-switching animations and then completely stuffed it up trying to implement their own and the braindead star citizen morons are absolutely eating it up. Amazing :discourse:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I did a linkedin search on CIG as well and there's at least one person there who is their legal counsel, with an actual law degree. CIG does indeed have real lawyers.
they have half a dozen real lawyers in house, not including VP and head council ortwin and several paralegals

most of them were hired on last year (I'm assuming to deal with the new tax breaks in Germany for game development, which could be upwards of an additional $10m to $15m a year in revenue)

btw the "legal manager" seemed like a title bump for me too, until I got into the "IP defense" part of their job description. to me its just indicative of the issues we've seen over and over again at CIG: being hired on to run coffee and keep schedules, then two years later you've gotten a huge promotion you're maybe not entirely qualified for

like I mentioned before, its LA so everyone is a model/actor/screenwriter/indie producer and they could be very good at their job. its just something that reminded me of other issues we've seen, like hiring modders with zero shipped games as lead programmers

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Don't check that gun reload animation thread if you're allergic to gun conversations. Yiiiiikeeeees.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

ErrEff posted:

Don't check that thread if you're allergic to gun conversations. Yiiiiikeeeees.

And its not even gun porn because the clip actually clips through the gun and flies like 90 degrees from the vector the 'character' launched it.
Its even worse than that SAM launcher missile 'launch' from two weeks ago.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

quote:

The big thing we’re working on, though, is the ability to have servers talk to each other. What you have is one server passing people to another server. If we have 10,000 people playing together in one instance, one universe, what will happen is, some people may on one planet, some people may be on another planet, and some people may be in a different system. Each server will control the people that are nearby each other, and then once they move to another system or planet or even room, because it scales with the bounding — you might have 500 people who in one room, and we’d have one server dealing with that. They pass that information together.

So, Eve Online's model, then. Groovy. 'That will be next year' was half a year ago, though.

Has Erin slid under the table in comedy Dilbert fashion?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
VR trip report. Having 3 PCs set up for VR in one room and then all jumping in Rec Room is loving hilarious, especially when you get put in a party with 1 random person and they try to get their head around what's happening

marumaru
May 20, 2013

ErrEff posted:

Doesn't seem like Saints & Sinners made a huge impact during its first week on sale. Nothing like Boneworks, anyway.

for sure - there's been barely any buzz about it at all. however it is fun, has plenty of content for a VR game and works quite well.
they didn't market it nearly as much as it deserved.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

https://gfycat.com/arcticdefiantblackbear

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
:reddit: I think I may have a problem...

:confused: Sorry I’m new, what’s the chairman club?

:shepspends: High Admiral: $1000
Grand Admiral: $2500
Space Marshal: $5000
Wing Commander: $10K
Legatus Navium: $25k
It really just means you have poor impulse control and tend to buy a few too many internet spaceships.

:munch: Has anyone reached legatus Navium yet?

:shepspends: Last I checked, there were 67 Legatus members.

:laffo: :homebrew:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I feel terrible that I haven't touched warframe in weeks

empyrean and its bugs and balance issues burned me hard

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Quavers posted:

It really just means you have poor impulse control and tend to buy a few too many internet spaceships.

I think the funniest post out of that thread besides the multitudes of women blowing money on clothes and makeup is the psychiatrist one.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Colostomy Bag posted:

I think the funniest post out of that thread besides the multitudes of women blowing money on clothes and makeup is the psychiatrist one.

I wonder how many women (or men for that matter) have spent $25,000 in clothes in the last 8 years and only have received 1/3rd of what they bought.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Hav posted:

So, Eve Online's model, then. Groovy. 'That will be next year' was half a year ago, though.

Has Erin slid under the table in comedy Dilbert fashion?

Meanwhile still dying, EVE-O partnered with HADEAN's Aether engine and together they are trying to implement new packet tech and continuous server allocation so it will be way more people on the same server instance, tens of thousands. Also featuring seamless transitions between servers with no loading/connecting time.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Agony Aunt posted:

Nothing to win?

Tell that to the PvPers.

Lol it still blows my mind they sold space land.

At least the ships you can pretend are something you can play with but how stupid would you feel if you bought land like 2 years ago and have had gently caress-all to do with it?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

TheAgent posted:

btw the "legal manager" seemed like a title bump for me too, until I got into the "IP defense" part of their job description. to me its just indicative of the issues we've seen over and over again at CIG: being hired on to run coffee and keep schedules, then two years later you've gotten a huge promotion you're maybe not entirely qualified for

like I mentioned before, its LA so everyone is a model/actor/screenwriter/indie producer and they could be very good at their job. its just something that reminded me of other issues we've seen, like hiring modders with zero shipped games as lead programmers

Nah it really sounds to me like that person was an Executive Assistant whose time became so filled with dedicated work on legal administrative issues (and yeah, including IP defense) that they decided a title change was in order. They're not a lead of anything. There's plenty of other dumb stuff at CIG, I don't think there's any need to focus on this one person who's just trying to make a living at their day job while pursing their dream career.

This is why I hate "X Manager" job titles. Like "Office Manager" (my own job title). They often seem to suggest more responsibility than they actually are, which makes them a pain to explain on future job applications and resumes.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Beet Wagon posted:

Lol someone at CIG was paying attention to all the absolutely insane hype Escape From Tarkov dorks generated over magazine-switching animations and then completely stuffed it up trying to implement their own and the braindead star citizen morons are absolutely eating it up. Amazing :discourse:

Omg :allears:

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Quavers posted:

"[img posted:

https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/smilies/0/4/reddit.001.gif[/img]"] All things have collectors.

For some that amount would be 2-3 pairs of shoes or maybe a car/boat part.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Quavers posted:

Investing 25k+ in jpgs with no equity

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

"[img posted:

https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/smilies/0/4/reddit.001.gif[/img]"]Modern problems require modern solutions... Today, monitoring qt while on the pot

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Asmodai_00 posted:

All things have collectors.

For some that amount would be 2-3 pairs of shoes or maybe a car/boat part.

True - and Star Citizen is a game made for those collectors, and no one else. They don't like to hear that, though!

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
orders boat part, waits 7+ years, is still waiting and totally fine and okay with it because they understand boat development

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

I would like to know what car "part" is 25k unless we're talking about "the whole loving engine" or "having the suspension completely redone by someone else"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Honestly people who own boats are uniquely qualified to be Star Citizen backers, you're constantly throwing money at something that is actively falling apart and a huge pain to use, and you celebrate when you finally unload it to someone else.

SoftNum posted:

I would like to know what car "part" is 25k unless we're talking about "the whole loving engine" or "having the suspension completely redone by someone else"

SC backers like to pretend they're the kind of people that might own Lamborghinis or Mega-yachts if they had millions to burn instead of thousands.