Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Yeah I think it means adding shows that didn't air live. DDT already do that for shows that aren't in major arenas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Holy gently caress, the live show we get is Dick Togo vs Yoshinari Ogawa. This is very good.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
My guess is that for future tournaments they'll at least upload the tournament matches on DDT Universe; and probably other smaller shows as well.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This is so awesome. Gonna try and catch tomorrow's NOAH show for sure

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

NOAH occasionally on my DDT Univere is very good. Takeshita vs. Kiyomiya at Saitama Super Arena this year seems like a given, too. This is cool.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

just rust posted:

NOAH occasionally on my DDT Univere is very good. Takeshita vs. Kiyomiya at Saitama Super Arena this year seems like a given, too. This is cool.

Takeshita hasn't had his Kenny match yet though

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
DDT Universe can have little a NOAH, as a treat.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Wonder if NOAH young lions won't start using AEW as an excursion, given Kenny is still chummy with DDT

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

livestreaming DDT Universe shows was always a miserable experience for me but if they beef up that NOAH archive with the 2000s era shows I'm down.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Takeshita hasn't had his Kenny match yet though

Oh yeah, I kinda forgot this match actually has a realistic chance of happening. Saitama Super Arena would be the place to do it, too.

That's fine, I'll take Endo vs. Kiyomiya and Takeshita vs. Omega as the double main event. Give HARASHIMA an opponent from AJPW or BJPW if we really want this show to be Super.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Kenny and Brookes have also teased a match too so nothing is set in stone with regards to that. They've teased Daisuke Sasaki vs. Shinya Aoki as the main event too

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's so cool that twice HHH has tried to buy Japanese companies and both just turned around and sold to a bigger Japanese company instead.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

meanwhile britwres is full of loving marks who rolled right over for Paul

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'll never get over the story about WWE falling to pieces in negotiations with Rossy Ogawa when he started asking the most basic questions about how NXT Japan would actually operate.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

if the next kenny omega ddt match is not kenny and riho vs chris brookes and maki itoh then i am NOT INTERESTED

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I hope the only promotion WWE can buy ends up being Apache Pro. Give W*ING Kanemura the NXT Japan book

In other, sadder news, Cody Hall is back in DDT for their shows on the 1st & 2nd. Maybe that now they have the same ownership as NOAH they can send him back there just for the giggles.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Unless I'm mistaken, isn't it illegal for a non Japanese business/company to buy a Japanese business? Like even Disney technically don't own Disneyland in Japan.

So how would WWE have gone about buying NOAH?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

Unless I'm mistaken, isn't it illegal for a non Japanese business/company to buy a Japanese business? Like even Disney technically don't own Disneyland in Japan.

They'd have to establish a Japanese WWE corporation and then that company could buy NOAH. I think that's how it goes. People that live there probably know the deal better.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

Nope. UFC bought Pride FC after all. There are laws which make investing in certain Japanese businesses difficult but those are generally regarded as "vital to national defence" rather than entertainment.

(Or that's what I understand. Could be wrong)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

forkboy84 posted:

Nope. UFC bought Pride FC after all. There are laws which make investing in certain Japanese businesses difficult but those are generally regarded as "vital to national defence" rather than entertainment.

(Or that's what I understand. Could be wrong)

they had to create a new company to buy Pride IIRC.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
https://twitter.com/hi5ame/status/1222601693902311425?s=21

Its remarkable just how this story is so circular: NOAH were the first big company to really recognise what DDT really had and now its the small company that helped them out when they needed it being the people that are helping them out. This is a story that looks shocking but when you think about it its not really: the man clearly had a vision and him seeing what way the wind was blowing and getting in early isn't that surprising really.

Think about this as well: Sanshiro Takagi is a man that created DDT in 1997 because he wanted to do basically a parody of the WWF with a few of his friends and because he saw that there probably wasn't much future for him jumping around the lower level Indies. He's someone that in 2020 is still doing a Stone Cold Steve Austin parody character; someone that books wrestling shows in swimming pools and stuff often for no more reason than he thinks that it'd be fun. He is now one of the most powerful people in Japanese pro wrestling: the most powerful outside of New Japan and really only behind Kidani and probably Meij there. Talk about something than no one even a few years ago would ever have predicted would happen!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Misawa's greatness knows no bound

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Misawa giving Takagi the equivalent of $300 and telling him to go wild just makes me love Misawa even more. At least that's how it went down in my head.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Like NJPW World, if I subscribe to DDT Universe right now I'll get billed on Feb 1 again, right?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Misawa was the best and NOAH/Stardom being smart enough to tell WWE and HHH to go marching is amazing

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Gotta say that for as little time as they were owners for, LIDET did some solid work between appointing NOSAWA booker and getting behind Kaito and running Sumo Hall and turning down the WWE offer.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Yeah I think I gotta cancel DragonGate Live and Stardom World and sign up for DDT. Seems like the best deal in Puro right now. Good English sources for keeping up with DDT, TJPW, and NOAH?

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Hellblazer187 posted:

Yeah I think I gotta cancel DragonGate Live and Stardom World and sign up for DDT. Seems like the best deal in Puro right now. Good English sources for keeping up with DDT, TJPW, and NOAH?

For NOAH, I'd suggest https://twitter.com/Hi5ame. She translates interviews/promos/tweets/press conferences and has a blog linked in her bio that covers news and what not a bit more in-depth.

As for DDT/TJPW, there's https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng and https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT. I think both cover DDT and TJPW at the minimum, but I think DramaticDDT covers a lot more under the DDT Universe umbrella (I think). The latter has a website too, https://dramaticddt.wordpress.com that should be pretty helpful. I had to use it for a recent Chris Brookes match where they had a bunch of rules and I had no idea what the hell was happening.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Schneider Heim posted:

Like NJPW World, if I subscribe to DDT Universe right now I'll get billed on Feb 1 again, right?

I think so. The show today is free so there's no reason to pay until February anyway.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1222788582869368832?s=19

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Thats awesome ill be able to finish watching this cricket game.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Very, very dope. I'm really optimistic about this partnership. I'd love to see them do a DDT/NOAH show for a Mania week whenever permitted. That DDT show last year was a ton of fun and served as a good introduction that I never followed up on.

That 6-man looks like it'll be a good one. I don't think I've seen Taniguchi or Fujita yet, but seeing AXIZ and Sugiura/Suzuki should be a blast.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Huntman posted:

Very, very dope. I'm really optimistic about this partnership. I'd love to see them do a DDT/NOAH show for a Mania week whenever permitted. That DDT show last year was a ton of fun and served as a good introduction that I never followed up on.

That 6-man looks like it'll be a good one. I don't think I've seen Taniguchi or Fujita yet, but seeing AXIZ and Sugiura/Suzuki should be a blast.

It's TJPW this year so maybe doing NOAH next year and alternating them could work. (Doubt they'd ever try Ganbare lol)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Thats awesome ill be able to finish watching this cricket game.

Imagine prioritising the worlds worst sport over the world's finest sport. I cannot even begin to comprehend such degeneracy.

Anyway, I'm excited for this show. Last Quiet Storm match in NOAH as a full-timer. Wonder what he'll get up to after this. Ogawa vs Togo tho.

Oh cool and the DDT website won't load.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

It's TJPW this year so maybe doing NOAH next year and alternating them could work. (Doubt they'd ever try Ganbare lol)

What exactly is Ganbare? Is it just another company under the Universe umbrella?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

El Hijo de Dr Wagner Jr is a real fun fit in NOAH.

Letting Chris Ridgeway into a tattoo studio was a mistake. Finish of the Jr multiman was fun. Stinger vs RATEL'S matches always have a decent base level of fun.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Jan 30, 2020

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Fun story I tweeted about how bad I thought Ridgeway's tats were (before he added on) at 3am one night and he liked the tweet almost immediately. I never underestimated the powers of vanity searches again.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Huntman posted:

What exactly is Ganbare? Is it just another company under the Universe umbrella?

Yeah, it's operated by Ken Ohka. Of the DDT Group companies including BASARA that just left it's the one I've paid the least attention to. They did have a fun Korakuen about a year ago where Jun Akiyama and Jake Lee wrestled there.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

One guy in the crowd VERY excited for Ohara

First semi-final was very fun

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Jan 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Turned on the Noah show in time for Cypress Hill :hellyeah: