Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I didn't hear of this until now, but I love it.

https://twitter.com/CarlBeijer/status/1220981231363424257

Also, "Sensei" is apparently not just a kung fu term?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

sleeptalker posted:

Bret Stephens doesn't get enough credit IMO, he's the little guy in that Simpsons mob fight bit that you just know is suddenly gonna do something amazing.

Bret Stephens makes me boiling mad because his intelligence is in inverse proportion to his success and you gotta respect that.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

prefect posted:

I didn't hear of this until now, but I love it.

https://twitter.com/CarlBeijer/status/1220981231363424257

it's like... a japanese martial arts teacher lol

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
you can use it for any kind of teacher or mentor figure

at least warren didn’t just grab some high school teacher from nagoya or wherever while they were on vacation in Boston and make them her faith advisor

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

prefect posted:

crepeface posted:

it's like... a japanese martial arts teacher lol

This kind of ignorance is what happens when you don't watch anime

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Gripweed posted:

This kind of ignorance is what happens when you don't watch anime

I read that samurai mango Will would tweet about and it was funny because the translator was one of those literal morons so he'd translate dojo and ronin as doujou and rounin and it was really grinding my gears.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

yea Ross is a loving freak who should be kept in some kinda magneto rear end prison cube (which to be fair he'd probably like) but it's fairly uncontroversial to say he's easily the best writer and most fascinating case study as a person in the NYT and one of the contenders for the top spot for op-ed gremlins in general. He's a weird little bitch but I'll take weird over boring rear end Bret Stephens or the like.

rod dreher the exorcist incel bimbofication whisperer is still the king
when you look at these guys you realize that all the nyt people are so loving BORING

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Dreher is a lunatic whose every word comes across as shitthatdidnthappen.txt. Ross is a decent stylist and a weird little turd.

Stephens is just a boring talentless monster; the only interesting thing about him is how completely out of touch he is, but even in that he's not particularly remarkable.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ross is the most insane person to me because he once got turned off by a woman telling him she was on the pill.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i mean you address teachers as sensei, but you wouldn't say their occupation is a sensei.... i think....

...you know what, i'm bowing out of this one

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

sexpig by night posted:

yea Ross is a loving freak who should be kept in some kinda magneto rear end prison cube (which to be fair he'd probably like) but it's fairly uncontroversial to say he's easily the best writer and most fascinating case study as a person in the NYT and one of the contenders for the top spot for op-ed gremlins in general. He's a weird little bitch but I'll take weird over boring rear end Bret Stephens or the like.

Liz Bruenig just joined the NYT opinion staff, and her first article was about how Bernie needs to start cracking centrist heads.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

holy poo poo I thought "sensei" was just for comedic effect but no
https://twitter.com/jackallisonLOL/status/1222530685358854144

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Sensei Meryl Streep

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Jack is great, because his hate is pure.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

so what is a "wisperer" anyway?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/donoteat1/status/1222602475565391872

:france:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

crepeface posted:

i mean you address teachers as sensei, but you wouldn't say their occupation is a sensei.... i think....

the big tell she doesn't know anything about buddhism is she didn't call herself roshi

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

The Muppets On PCP posted:

the big tell she doesn't know anything about buddhism is she didn't call herself roshi

Warren doesn't need another problematic surrogate

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
FEAR does not exist in this campaign, does it?

PAIN does not exist in this campaign, does it?

DEFEAT does not exist in this campaign, does it?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1L76x2tOs3R1GES_jFSwsyZkFbDfynd3yerAyeD05rMU/edit transcript of the E1 biden episode, if you want to melt your brain at your own pace

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Rainbow Knight posted:

so what is a "wisperer" anyway?
A miserable little pile of secrets

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

emdash posted:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1L76x2tOs3R1GES_jFSwsyZkFbDfynd3yerAyeD05rMU/edit transcript of the E1 biden episode, if you want to melt your brain at your own pace

its like looking into the ark of the covenant

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

There are a million reasons to ruin things.

crepeface posted:

IIRC teachers and doctors are commonly referred to as "sensei" as both a job description and honorific title, but it's frowned upon to refer to oneself as "sensei" similar to how a judge or someone like that wouldn't normally refer to themselves as "the honorable...". There are non-sensei words one can use to refer to themselves as doctor, teacher, etc.

source: lived in japan teaching english for two years like a decade ago

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
lmao Chapo FYM doesn't even involve Felix anymore

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1222631873987387393?s=20

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

so was chapo fym a paypig uplifting scheme or what

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
felix's poorly-adjusted buddies charity scheme, as far as i can tell

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

is anything they do worth watching? my gut tells me no

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

emdash posted:

felix's poorly-adjusted buddies charity scheme, as far as i can tell

I think it's this which, honestly, cool thing to do for your buds

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
it really depends how much you like the games that they play, i think. Unfortunately zero of the games they play are interesting to me

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Is FYM their twitch stream?

It's really weird that they have a Chapo Trap House twitch stream and it's just a bunch of random people who are never even on the podcast playing Fortnite and poo poo.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
The only videos are when Chapos are guesting, or other larger twitter personalities. Or better yet just watch Stav's various twitch videos.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I remember them being all hyped. Will was gonna do cooking poo poo. And blah blah blah.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Mr. Lobe posted:

is anything they do worth watching? my gut tells me no

Chris James is on it sometimes IIRC and he does Not Even A Show which is a good show on youtube.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Boywhiz88 posted:

I remember them being all hyped. Will was gonna do cooking poo poo. And blah blah blah.

Still waiting on my matt-virgil ck2 series...

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

prefect posted:

Jack is great, because his hate is pure.

He makes the absolute worst people upset. He’s doing great work.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Are the FYM guys also the E1 guys? They’re YouTube show is pretty funny.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
https://twitter.com/rencer_speed/status/1222598971513802758?s=21

H town represent

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Rainbow Knight posted:

i can't remember 2006 or the LF era but yeah good for him :unsmith:

like, I remember reading that he's a troll, and I followed him on twitter for a bit, but I honestly don't know if he's genuinely funny to people or if it's just one of those goon nostalgia things.

He elevates posting to a high art.

https://mobile.twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1215781195365175296

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

PostNouveau posted:

Is FYM their twitch stream?

It's really weird that they have a Chapo Trap House twitch stream and it's just a bunch of random people who are never even on the podcast playing Fortnite and poo poo.

The Chapo media empire has to start somewhere. Speaking of which it’s way past time for Josh Androsky to stop making podcasts that crash and burn ever couple months and just franchise himself and whomever else as Chapo West.