Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Basebf555 posted:

Well if it makes anyone feel better about it, the bugs will probably be mashed down into a paste and then eaten in a sort of bug loaf. Does that make anyone feel better? No?

Ok now do ground up animals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
"the poor better get used to eating bugs" is ecofash nonsense, we already produce more than enough food to feed the whole planet, we just throw most of it away

lab grown meat probs gonna make the whole bug thing irrelevant anyway

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
wait, Bill Gates ISN'T behind the spread of the coronavirus????

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

The governor of Christmas island is on the BBC basically calling out Scott Morrison for setting up a leper colony.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

I mentioned to my mom that insects are going to be the go-to protein in a decade or two and she bought be an insect cookbook

ready and rarin' for the apocalypse o7

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

now I'm thinking of that Rick Springfield song where he says he's going to gently caress his mom if she doesn't keep mixing him up with Bruce Springsteen

e: doesn't stop, I mean. although the other way would be even funnier

tacodaemon has issued a correction as of 17:08 on Jan 29, 2020

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

mad.radhu posted:

"the poor better get used to eating bugs" is ecofash nonsense, we already produce more than enough food to feed the whole planet, we just throw most of it away

It's gonna be a mix but there is literally no reason to inefficiently turn fossil water corn into lovely meat that literally makes cows fart enough to kill us all.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

it's actually Bezos

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

mad.radhu posted:

Bugs can eat trash and in a few decades there won't be clouds or plants

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/PissJugTycoon/status/1222548420612759552

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Hatebag posted:

Stop fearmongering

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

get hyped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LItNFP7icUw

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Hatebag posted:

oh gently caress i was going to eat those clouds

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Lawman 0 posted:

It's gonna be a mix but there is literally no reason to inefficiently turn fossil water corn into lovely meat that literally makes cows fart enough to kill us all.

wow, this is ignorant. hav you tasted beef? beef jerky? it's good. also, what about the fast food industry? without beef, it'll deteriorate. maybe next time think before you post...

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Lawman 0 posted:

Stop fearmongering

yeah we'll have tons of clouds still in the future

might be clouds of locusts or pollution or whatever but we'll still have em!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m glad i eat like trash so when humanity turns to cannibalism they won’t eat me

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Louisgod posted:

wow, this is ignorant. hav you tasted beef? beef jerky? it's good. also, what about the fast food industry? without beef, it'll deteriorate. maybe next time think before you post...

I'm for the record completely in favor of a full nanny state telling our large adult nation to get off the couch

Serf
May 5, 2011

Lawman 0 posted:

i gotta agree here, but between the beyond/impossible meat and experiments into vat-grown meat i think we have a decent shot of still having some kind of meat in our diet. we just have to change how its made

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Lawman 0 posted:

Stop fearmongering

Get outta the way I'm gonna eat some bugs!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Saint_Rukus posted:

yeah we'll have tons of clouds still in the future

might be clouds of locusts or pollution or whatever but we'll still have em!

un the future? clouds of locusts is something we have going right the gently caress now

https://twitter.com/rt_com/status/1221623862955249664?s=21

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

just be vegetarian you maroons

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Lab grown meat has a lot of potential and ultimately should be a lot safer than traditional meat from the perspetive of being able to control pathogens. Who knows if they will ever be able to fully recreate the texture of a steak or whatever but we can still have juicy burgs.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

"Oh no what will I do without my meat!!!!" ~ A dumb baby

Serf
May 5, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

just be vegetarian you maroons

i think doritos are vegetarian, so this is acceptable

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

guess I’ll eat plants forever lmao - a dumber baby

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lawman 0 posted:

The governor of Christmas island is on the BBC basically calling out Scott Morrison for setting up a leper colony.

how many people did he ban/probate, that's not viewable here for some reason https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

just drink water

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Serf posted:

i gotta agree here, but between the beyond/impossible meat and experiments into vat-grown meat i think we have a decent shot of still having some kind of meat in our diet. we just have to change how its made

One of the big *crack pings* I had last year was that they found out that it's the corn making cows burp so much become they can't effectively digest it and that it's literally less than half when they are grass fed.
We gotta just stop using it.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
ive never even seen a plant

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lol

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Basebf555 posted:

Well if it makes anyone feel better about it, the bugs will probably be mashed down into a paste and then eaten in a sort of bug loaf. Does that make anyone feel better? No?

Bugs are tasty and pretty drat healthy and the taboo against them from food is mostly a European thing.

Eat more bugs.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
always turns to foodchat when it's slow in the trum thread

can bolton testify or something to excite some things in here please

Serf
May 5, 2011

shyduck posted:

just drink water

i'm already 90% water, why the gently caress would i add more??

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

guess I’ll eat plants forever lmao - a dumber baby

lmao enjoy your heart disease and destroyed planet and immunity to most antibiotics

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Lab grown meat is dumb as poo poo because it would take more resources per calorie than flesh meat so what's the dang point? Just eat a veggie burger you crybabies

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

hero

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Telsa Cola posted:

Bugs are tasty and pretty drat healthy and the taboo against them from food is mostly a European thing.

I have no reason to fear land shrimp

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
the human body can survive indefinitely on energy drinks, salt tablets dissolved in ranch, and little debbie's snack cakes

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Trumps brain makes the same sound as a truck backfiring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

lol