Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Grand Fromage posted:

Bad China (Vancouver)

can confirm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting
This was simply the opening valley in the Canadian "never forget Vancouver" biological offensive.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

LimburgLimbo posted:

Dude said he was frequently told he looked like Keanu Reeves

Gonna be honest that's not really what I pictured in my head.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Supreme Allah posted:

With that traffic jam/accident they may as well just start over with a new city

That picture reminded me of one of my favourite things ever, an illustrated guide on making a left turn in Beijing.

http://soimgoingtochina.blogspot.com/2007/06/beijing-traffic-lesson-left-turn.html

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Despera posted:

serpentza and laowhy86 DESTROYED BY some guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9ykiXF1tqg

thanks r/sino

Love the props in the thumbnail.

Missing something, though. Perhaps a skull?

buildmorefarms
Aug 13, 2004

любоваться
Doctor Rope

Der Shovel posted:

That picture reminded me of one of my favourite things ever, an illustrated guide on making a left turn in Beijing.

http://soimgoingtochina.blogspot.com/2007/06/beijing-traffic-lesson-left-turn.html

in beautiful moving image form
https://i.imgur.com/qn9rcP6.mp4

buildmorefarms fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jan 29, 2020

bones 4 beginners
Jan 7, 2018

"...a masterpiece that no one can read too often, or admire too much."
Every time I took a Didi somewhere I thought I was going to die so that gif is giving me anxiety.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Despera posted:

Not going to lie, living 10 years in china, learning chinese, marrying into china, and having chinese children is a good cover for being racist against china

In college, hanging out with some Chinese students, taking a few Chinese history classes, I really thought Chinese culture was cool and interesting. Little did I know those students were the rich kids far from home and acting accordingly. Living in Japan and being around huge groups of Chinese tourists...permanently altered my mindset.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
there's a lot of people in china. many are nice, many are not

but what it really comes down to is gently caress the CCP and taiwan #1

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Mozi posted:

there's a lot of people in china. many are nice, many are not

All of the Chinese immigrants I knew who came to the US were cool... but almost all of them were fleeing the CCP. :(

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

?utm_source=fark
ICID=ref_fark

:thunk:

No judge zone. I don't click on MSM normally.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Tbh I think China's social credit score system is working as I haven't seen a recent video of hotpot diarrhea spray in public lately.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
If Chinese tourists weren't pouring so much $$ into Japans economy, I could totally see them getting banned. No one there likes them. Kyoto has even started passing anti-tourist laws due to there being too many rude tourists. Part of that is probably westerners I am sure. But you don't see anyone as bad as the chinese. There are some tourist heavy areas where you will see trash just left around. You know that isn't being done by the locals.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I honestly can't imagine leaving a muddy footprint, much less trash behind me in a place like Singapore/Japan

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
Last time I was in Japan I saw a lot of signs in Chinese saying poo poo like "don't shoplift, there are cameras watching", "don't litter", "don't touch this", without having similar signs in English.

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

“Oh”, I thought, “the peanut brittle story can’t possibly be as bad as I remember!”

Wrong wrong wrong, oh god. I totally forgot about the turdbaby, that made it even worse.

I never read that text before and now I hate you all.

The Something Awful Forums > GBS: she laughed and said "Do you like it? It's all poo poo."

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I saw one with "don't pet the cats." They'd come up and meow at you :smith:

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Waltzing Along posted:

If Chinese tourists weren't pouring so much $$ into Japans economy, I could totally see them getting banned. No one there likes them. Kyoto has even started passing anti-tourist laws due to there being too many rude tourists. Part of that is probably westerners I am sure. But you don't see anyone as bad as the chinese. There are some tourist heavy areas where you will see trash just left around. You know that isn't being done by the locals.

The bus tours are a good source of rude people who leave behind trash and have a predilection towards vandalism (in most cases due to ignorance, and not malice). I posted about the Chinese bus tours and the havoc they wreaked on my cousin's Kayaking business in another China thread, but I think we've all heard about Chinese tourists climbing cherry trees, jumping in them, and breaking off branches to get better photos. When you live somewhere where you have a nearly year-round supply of loud, rude, and clueless people that you can almost never escape, you get to be a little resentful.

Glenn Quebec posted:

I honestly can't imagine leaving a muddy footprint, much less trash behind me in a place like Singapore/Japan

How are jails in Singapore not overflowing due to spitting/littering Chinese tourists?

Despera posted:

Not going to lie, living 10 years in china, learning chinese, marrying into china, and having chinese children is a good cover for being racist against china

I've known a few people who did exactly that. Immersed themelsves in the culture, and then became 110% racist against it, even thought their spouse and children were Chinese/Korean/whatever.

Spetz/C-Milk are pretty goony, and I don't want to know the former's opinion on black people in South Africa, but I never got the impression that the were "racists" against China. More that they were frustrated with not being able to penetrate the "foreigner barrier" and watching the place become more and more of an Orwellian hellscape. I think it's more disappointment rather than hate, although they do (as everyone should) hate the CCP. Then again I can see how when talking about Chinese societal norms, it would sound racist to someone who doesn't know China.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I like how the "I hate the government, not the people" mask came off completely due to this outbreak

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

I like how the "I hate the government, not the people" mask came off completely due to this outbreak

I like you, cutie :wink:

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

You regularly drop slurs in random posts like all the time dude.

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

You all hate people from "X"
-goon, on "Country X" megathread

:niggly:

Switzerland
Feb 18, 2005
Do what thou must do.
This needs to be added to op

https://vimeo.com/156319227

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I like you, cutie :wink:

Please

BrainDance posted:

You regularly drop slurs in random posts like all the time dude.

Stop

Explosive Tampons posted:

You all hate people from "X"
-goon, on "Country X" megathread

:niggly:

Engaging

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
With the CCP's rather large body count youd think racists would love the CCP

Nucken Futz
Oct 30, 2010

by Reene

Grand Fromage posted:

Bad China (Vancouver)

Seconding this observation

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Despera posted:

With the CCP's rather large body count youd think racists would love the CCP

Was going to say, if we were the type to cheer on the murder of Chinese then Mao Zedong would be our eternal hero.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

WarpedNaba posted:

Was going to say, if we were the type to cheer on the murder of Chinese then Mao Zedong would be our eternal hero.

Somebody said Mao?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
The yospos peeps have a bunch of stuff shopped for stymie trying to get peeps to not quote stymie

Could do something similar

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Blistex posted:

The bus tours are a good source of rude people who leave behind trash and have a predilection towards vandalism (in most cases due to ignorance, and not malice). I posted about the Chinese bus tours and the havoc they wreaked on my cousin's Kayaking business in another China thread, but I think we've all heard about Chinese tourists climbing cherry trees, jumping in them, and breaking off branches to get better photos. When you live somewhere where you have a nearly year-round supply of loud, rude, and clueless people that you can almost never escape, you get to be a little resentful.

How are jails in Singapore not overflowing due to spitting/littering Chinese tourists?

I've known a few people who did exactly that. Immersed themelsves in the culture, and then became 110% racist against it, even thought their spouse and children were Chinese/Korean/whatever.

Spetz/C-Milk are pretty goony, and I don't want to know the former's opinion on black people in South Africa, but I never got the impression that the were "racists" against China. More that they were frustrated with not being able to penetrate the "foreigner barrier" and watching the place become more and more of an Orwellian hellscape. I think it's more disappointment rather than hate, although they do (as everyone should) hate the CCP. Then again I can see how when talking about Chinese societal norms, it would sound racist to someone who doesn't know China.

If someone's an expat it's already 2.5 strikes towards being a racist weirdo

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blistex posted:

C-Milk held out for a lot longer as he didn't turn until the concentration camps. Last checked he still leans Social Credit as it is either that or Thunderdome. Spetz had a clear line where he ran out of sunshine and lollypops to getting death threats from Wumaos because he dare say something meh about China. After that you could tell it was increasingly hard for him to find something good about China as the negatives piled up. Once he GTFO his contempt for the CCP was clear. As far as I can tell Spetz is a pretty on the level dude.

If China has any idea about Spetz Hong Kong video he won't be getting back into China.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bizarre poo poo happening on ICAO twitter

https://www.hongkongfp.com/2020/01/28/wuhan-coronavirus-un-aviation-body-blocks-users-raise-issue-taiwans-inclusion-twitter/

quote:

He added the ICAO took action against Twitter users “to prevent them from asking repeated questions, or make repeated assertions, which foster serious public misunderstanding of ICAO’s actual capacities and role in the world.”

When asked by HKFP where such rules were posted online, Philbin said that the ICAO had published guidelines on “unconstructive tactics” – however, the link did not mention any such provisos. Philbin refused to clarify why certain users were targetted.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Shopping N99 masks on Amazon:

My girlfriend's mom calls waitresses 'Pretty Girl' in Cantonese when we eat at a Chinese place. Dunno if it's a Hong Kong thing or a general term for a woman who serves in a business.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Tarkus posted:

My girlfriend's mom calls waitresses 'Pretty Girl' in Cantonese when we eat at a Chinese place. Dunno if it's a Hong Kong thing or a general term for a woman who serves in a business.

having yum cha and no one coming to serve you? call out pretty girl/boy to the first person you see

getting ready to haggle the poo poo out of stuff? call them boss and if they actually are the boss call them big brother

CIGNX
May 7, 2006

You can trust me

Tarkus posted:

It started as a Cantonese thing that is sort of spreading into Mandarin in southern China. People used to refer to younger women professionally as 小姐 or "young lady", but that term become more and more associated with prostitutes. People in rural Guangdong started using 靓女 or "pretty girl" as a substitute, and then it spread into mainstream Cantonese. I haven't heard it much from people in northern China, but I haven't been back there in a while, so who knows now.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I would hear both 小姐 and 美女 in Chengdu. The latter more frequently.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Stink Billyums posted:

Last time I was in Japan I saw a lot of signs in Chinese saying poo poo like "don't shoplift, there are cameras watching", "don't litter", "don't touch this", without having similar signs in English.

don quijote has "dont poo poo in the urinals" in various languages but chinese is the only large block font one

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

crosspost

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

5000 years of history, none of which involved automobiles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS