Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba

the argument for converting to islam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pdog
May 7, 2013
https://twitter.com/spikedonline/status/1221371492610592768?s=21

hate this dog poo poo island

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

gently caress off Brendan you weird oval office.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i was nodding along w him as far as “yknow, the british people are sick”, and then i turned it off

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
:qq:
https://twitter.com/RupertLowe10/status/1222058581475889153

Purple Prince
Aug 20, 2011

Yes, yes, yes, and yes you are. So close to self-awareness!

(well, these are more like proxies but if those are your main concerns you bet the racism radar is ringing)

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

If it was a democratic decision to leave, why can't the EU make a democratic decision to tell you to gently caress off forever? :thunk:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

having decided to leave a trade and free movement union, we are aghast that you would be so vituperative as to allow economic and travel consequences to come upon us

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

prefect posted:

Still talking about food? I saw this religious thing and thought it might be a different thing to talk about :

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1220339575366864896?s=20

https://twitter.com/JhbTeam/status/1221633153313337345

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
On of Tezza Mays big things in the 80's as a young Tory was making sure school kids didn't learn about lesbians and get infected with homo ideas

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
https://twitter.com/Duggmeister/status/1222161823748841474

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

hmmm i have the symptons of the coronavirus. it sorta makes sense i'd get it as i'm delivery rider who delivers a lot to students who travel here from abroad. throaty dry cough, slight shortness of breath and feeling vaguely unwell.

or i have a cold but it's probably here in the uk already. :rip:

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Rest in peace gentle goon

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

marktheando posted:

Rest in peace gentle goon

it's a weird feeling cold like it's in my chest and not my head if that makes sense. i've not had flu/cold feel like this before if i'm honest but on the other hand i don't feel dramatically unwell. i'm gonna probably stop going to work for a few days.

e: maybe i'll die before brexit (hopefully)

hemale in pain has issued a correction as of 15:42 on Jan 28, 2020

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

goons who get perma'd b/c they die of coronavirus should get a special av or gangtag imo

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
You say corona, I say banana
https://twitter.com/PhoebeEBroad/status/1222207417888530433

Avirosb has issued a correction as of 18:41 on Jan 28, 2020

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
tbf part of Aldi's business model is minimising leftovers - they try to stock only as many items as will be bought, which often leads to some stuff being unavailable at the end of a day. They rely heavily on just-in-time deliveries, which ofc will be disrupted massively when the ports close.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

How many meals do people have to miss before they riot again

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

silvergoose posted:

How many meals do people have to miss before they riot again

They're british, so all of them. There will be serfs that riot for me *drinks tea while doing the silly legs*

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Do you have a timeline on when exactly your national health services are going to get gutted or is that just like an ever present sword of Damocles

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Bust Rodd posted:

Do you have a timeline on when exactly your national health services are going to get gutted or is that just like an ever present sword of Damocles

Imagine a very slow guillotine, gradually slicing through layers of flesh and bone, severing first the skin, then half a vertebra, then the spinal cord, the other half of the vertebra then the esophagus, then the trachea and jugulars, then finishing up with a last bit of skin. The severing of the head taking months even after vital services have ceased.

Speleothing has issued a correction as of 19:10 on Jan 28, 2020

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
drat
https://twitter.com/TiceRichard/status/1222416553485963265

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008
Jesus loving wept

https://twitter.com/Conservatives/status/1222206827376652288?s=19

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

is tea towel what you people call a cum rag or cymraig or whatever it's spelled

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lmao

this might be dumber than trumpers voting to bring back teh coal

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Who is Richard Tice and how seriously should the Telegraph be taken? This seems a lot more like shouting how great you're having it while your house is on fire...

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
The Telegraph is like a print version of Fox News in the US, or probably more like OANN, just rabid frothing at the mouth Tories trying to out-tory each other in how cruel and un-empathetic they can be.

It's called the Torygraph for a reason. See also the Daily Seig Heil for its tabloid counterpart.

Dravs has issued a correction as of 14:22 on Jan 29, 2020

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Squizzle posted:

which just goes to show how far it is from what corn used to be

loving gmos

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

An insane mind posted:

Who is Richard Tice and how seriously should the Telegraph be taken? This seems a lot more like shouting how great you're having it while your house is on fire...

it’s not called the torygraph for nothing

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
he is the chairman of the BREXIT party

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
https://twitter.com/GuidoFawkes/status/1222560384537759744

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

so was Brexit good or bad?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

BONGHITZ posted:

so was Brexit good or bad?

yes

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
The Telegraph is less like fox news and more like the right wing parts of the New York Times or Washington Post (inb4 "that's all of them")

It's very "Tory party insider" and definitely right wing trash but it's the Mail, Express and Sun that are more in the fox news "IMMIGRANT MUSLAMICS ARE COMING TO STEAL YOUR HOUSES' vein

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

"You English," he said, "are mad, mad, mad as March hares. What has come over you that you are so completely given over to suspicions quite unworthy of a great nation? What more can I do than I have done? I declared with all the emphasis at my command, in my speech at Guildhall, that my heart is set upon peace, and that it is one of my dearest wishes to live on the best of terms with England. Have I ever been false to my word ? Falsehood and prevarication are alien to my nature. My actions ought to speak for themselves, but you listen not to them but to those who misinterpret and distort them. That is a personal insult which I feel and resent. To be forever misjudged, to have my repeated offers of friendship weighed and scrutinized with jealous, mistrustful eyes, taxes my patience severely. I have said time after time that I am a friend of England, and your press --, at least, a considerable section of it -- bids the people of England refuse my proffered hand and insinuates that the other holds a dagger. How can I convince a nation against its will ?

"I repeat," continued His Majesty, "that I am a friend of England, but you make things difficult for me. My task is not of the easiest. The prevailing sentiment among large sections of the middle and lower classes of my own people is not friendly to England. I am, therefore so to speak, in a minority in my own land, but it is a minority of the best elements as it is in England with respect to Germany. That is another reason why I resent your refusal to accept my pledged word that I am the friend of England. I strive without ceasing to improve relations, and you retort that I am your archenemy. You make it hard for me. Why is it?" . . .

His Majesty then reverted to the subject uppermost in his mind -- his proved friendship for England. "I have referred," he said, "to the speeches in which I have done all that a sovereign can do to proclaim my good-will. But, as actions speak louder than words, let me also refer to my acts. It is commonly believed in England that throughout the South African War Germany was hostile to her. German opinion undoubtedly was hostile -- bitterly hostile. But what of official Germany? Let my critics ask themselves what brought to a sudden stop, and, indeed, to absolute collapse, the European tour of the Boer delegates, who were striving to obtain European intervention? They were feted in Holland, France gave them a rapturous welcome. They wished to come to Berlin, where the German people would have crowned them with flowers. But when they asked me to receive them -- I refused. The agitation immediately died away, and the delegation returned empty-handed. Was that, I ask, the action of a secret enemy?

"Again, when the struggle was at its height, the German government was invited by the governments of France and Russia to join with them in calling upon England to put an end to the war. The moment had come, they said, not only to save the Boer Republics, but also to humiliate England to the dust. What was my reply? I said that so far from Germany joining in any concerted European action to put pressure upon England and bring about her downfall, Germany would always keep aloof from politics that could bring her into complications with a sea power like England. Posterity will one day read the exact terms of the telegram -- now in the archives of Windsor Castle\emdash in which I informed the sovereign of England of the answer I had returned to the Powers which then sought to compass her fall. Englishmen who now insult me by doubting my word should know what were my actions in the hour of their adversity.

"Nor was that all. Just at the time of your Black Week, in the December of 1899, when disasters followed one another in rapid succession, I received a letter from Queen Victoria, my revered grandmother, written in sorrow and affliction, and bearing manifest traces of the anxieties which were preying upon her mind and health. I at once returned a sympathetic reply. Nay, I did more. I bade one of my officers procure for me as exact an account as he could obtain of the number of combatants in South Africa on both sides and of the actual position of the opposing forces. With the figures before me, I worked out what I considered the best plan of campaign under the circumstances, and submitted it to my General Staff for their criticism. Then, I dispatched it to England, and that document, likewise, is among the state papers at Windsor Castle, awaiting the severely impartial verdict of history. And, as a matter of curious coincidence, let me add that the plan which I formulated ran very much on the same lines as that which was actually adopted by Lord Roberts, and carried by him into successful operation. Was that, I repeat, an act of one who wished England ill ? Let Englishmen be just and say!

"But, you will say, what of the German navy? Surely, that is a menace to England ! Against whom but England are my squadrons being prepared? If England is not in the minds of those Germans who are bent on creating a powerful fleet, why is Germany asked to consent to such new and heavy burdens of taxation? My answer is clear. Germany is a young and growing empire. She has a worldwide commerce which is rapidly expanding, and to which the legitimate ambition of patriotic Germans refuses to assign any bounds. Germany must have a powerful fleet to protect that commerce and her manifold interests in even the most distant seas. She expects those interests to go on growing, and she must be able to champion them manfully in any quarter of the globe. Her horizons stretch far away."

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

*not an actual quote from the kaiser, despite the telegraph printing it as such

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so how bad does it get on Friday

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
God drat if Willy the second was around today he'd already have been elected somewhere

I bet he would obsess over Trump and want to be his friend

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

ahahahahaha this is so pathetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/zekejmiller/status/1222576620365545472?s=21