Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Animal-Mother posted:

Michael Moore begging Nader not to run in 2004.

https://twitter.com/mmflint/status/1211662677086478338

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
as an aside i never particularly liked michael moore and don't consume his media productions

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
oh yeah i'm not gonna listen to it either, i just thought it was weird

also lol in the comments are people bitching about florida and gore

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Michael Moore's alright.

His special in Trumpland was pretty good. And he was fun when he finally went on Chapo.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Michael Moore was criticizing Bill Clinton pretty hard in the 90s so not entirely succ

I mean in the 90s Moore was pretty much the only person in the popular political discourse making pro-labor arguments and criticizing corporations and the Democrats.

Chuka Umana has issued a correction as of 00:00 on Jan 29, 2020

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

i liked moore quite a bit thanks to roger and me and tv nation, but then i became a chud my later years in high school. i was a weird kid

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Jacob Rees-Mogg going campaigning door to door with his nanny

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
That Iraqi woman who spoke at the 2004 Republican Convention thanking George Bush for liberating her country

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Echo Chamber posted:

That Iraqi woman who spoke at the 2004 Republican Convention thanking George Bush for liberating her country

Was she the one who talked with him right before the invasion and was horrified to learn he didn't know the difference between Sunni and Shia?

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
makes me think of 1990's stooge

quote:

Nayirah al-Ṣabaḥ during her testimony. It was later revealed that she was the daughter of the Kuwaiti ambassador to the United States and that her testimony could not be verified.

"killing babies in incubators"

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

When this photo of Bernie Sanders being arrested for protesting for civil rights was discovered, it was obviously threatening to the media narrative about Bernie being a candidate for whites only.

CNN titled it "Photo of Bernie Sander's Arrest Surfaces"

Most major outlets ignored it. Other sources doubted it was Bernie. The fact checkers, snopes, factcheck, politifact, all used a facebook post currently with 200 likes as their source, rather than the Chicago Tribune which discovered the photo in their archives, a facebook post with the caption "Photos surface of Bernie Sanders Arrested for Throwing Eggs at Civil Rights Protesters"

The fact checkers unanimously title their photo "Was Bernie Sanders Arrested for Throwing Eggs at Civil Rights Protesters?"

Of course there were other photos of Sanders at the event

Bernie chained to an unnamed woman of color, being arrested together.

Later, photos of Bernie leading other students in a sit in for racial justice appeared.

Many media outlets doubted this was Bernie, Washington post even got Bruce Rapperport's wife to say this was a photo of Bruce, not Bernie.

The photographer of these images, Danny Lyon, immediately sent corrections to the media that this was in fact Bernie, but much of the media doubled down on it not being him.

Fortunately, Danny Lyon had more photos from the event.

Unmistakeable, it was Bernie sanders in that grey beaten up sweater

I don't believe there was much coverage of this, the media had moved on.

Still, Lyon's photos depicting Bernie standing next to University of Chicago President George Beadle, along with a crowd of other sit-in students demanded desegregation of their school is one of the main reasons I think this guy's gotta win.

edit: sorry that's not funny but I suddenly remembered the power these images had on me today

Modest Mao has issued a correction as of 07:08 on Jan 29, 2020

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
d&d/lf got a pizza delivered to joe biden's house
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2929522&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=93#post348112833

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Lol just remembered the nyt endorsed Warren right before she cratered.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
That "join the conversation" pepsi ad.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Just remembered Ted Cruz tabbing Carly Fiorina as his VP when Trump had all but locked down the 2016 Republican nomination. I secretly hope one of the Dem nominees tries a similar stunt this year.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
Ted Cruz sacrificed his dignity for his entire life to be president and got beaten by Trump (who didn't even want to win)

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

When Comey helped throw the election to Trump, and was then rewarded by getting fired by Trump for some Russiagate bullshit

And then liberals went on to adore and donate money to the guy who helped kill their chances of winning 2016 because he was fired by Trump which then automatically makes him a good guy

When liberals went on to do that again with John Bolton, a man who literally tried to start WWIII multiple times across 30 years and was too bloodthirsty for even Trump to handle

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
it’s mueller time

buff shirtless mueller here

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/grrrgraphics/status/1089931720684519426

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

#stalingestapo

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3893410&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=67

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

GalacticAcid posted:

I basically feel about Bush the way the more psycho Russiagate style liberals feel about Trump so I think that was understandable from Moore, tbh.

2004 was a different planet.

I just listened to the entirety of the This American Life backcatalog from the present to 1995 and when you just listen to the political discourse during the Bush administration with a bit of perspective it's incredible how crazy that era was in terms of sheer destruction of everything.

Of course Obama fixed exactly none of it.

Let me tell you though, if 2004 was a different planet then public radio in 1995 was describing a whole different universe.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
can someone link the caro sniper duel video please

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

glad he got Roger's weird sloping head right

kru
Oct 5, 2003

guys, remember sharpie map lmao

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
When BIbi tried to tell a bunch of French Jews after a synagogue shooting that they should move to Israel and they started singing the Marseillaise at him

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Ferguson protesters chanting "gently caress CNN" behind a nervous reporter on live CNN

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
That time the very expensive border wall just blew over in the wind

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

MikeCrotch posted:

When BIbi tried to tell a bunch of French Jews after a synagogue shooting that they should move to Israel and they started singing the Marseillaise at him

WHen bibi said Palestine was responsible for the holocaust

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Algund Eenboom posted:

WHen bibi said Palestine was responsible for the holocaust

literally something a muslim leader famously told hitler

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Feldegast42 posted:

When Comey helped throw the election to Trump, and was then rewarded by getting fired by Trump for some Russiagate bullshit

And then liberals went on to adore and donate money to the guy who helped kill their chances of winning 2016 because he was fired by Trump which then automatically makes him a good guy

When liberals went on to do that again with John Bolton, a man who literally tried to start WWIII multiple times across 30 years and was too bloodthirsty for even Trump to handle

Trump said he fired Comey because Comey was unfair to Clinton.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
The Assad "Who must go?" meme.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
assad's hot wife

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
:swoon:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
cursed images thread is THATaway

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
Trump thinks the f35 is invisible

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

I've never seen one.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

LastInLine posted:

I just listened to the entirety of the This American Life backcatalog from the present to 1995 and when you just listen to the political discourse during the Bush administration with a bit of perspective it's incredible how crazy that era was in terms of sheer destruction of everything.

Of course Obama fixed exactly none of it.

Let me tell you though, if 2004 was a different planet then public radio in 1995 was describing a whole different universe.

why did you do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

christmas boots posted:

why did you do that?

No kinkshaming