Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

OFFICER LIGER posted:

i think charlotte is fine and she's had good matches in the past but i also havent watched wwe in years so i dont know if she has greatly regressed or anything

She hasn't but she has been in a top 1-3 spot for years with a character that never changes so she is just pretty stale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

OFFICER LIGER posted:

i think charlotte is fine and she's had good matches in the past but i also havent watched wwe in years so i dont know if she has greatly regressed or anything

same. I remember her being a little giraffe legged in spots but nothing worse than any of the WWE PC trained types were doing.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Big Huski Boi posted:

Even if you believe Charlotte is the single most talented wrestler to ever exist, the point is that she's overpushed and people are tired of it. The same poo poo happens in every single sport where someone is extremely good for a long time - it was cool when Tom Brady won his first Super Bowl after being a sixth round draft pick, less cool when he did it 17 more times. WWE has the luxury of being scripted and thus they can avoid it, but instead they go out of their way to make their viewers bored of their biggest stars.

How is she overpushed, she has no titles and her w/l record is about 50/50

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Incessant Excess posted:

She hasn't but she has been in a top 1-3 spot for years with a character that never changes so she is just pretty stale.

oh so this is just another WWE thing.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

"How is she overpushed when just doesn't meet my fabricated-on-the-spot definition of being pushed?"

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I'd compare Charlotte to Randy Orton. She's a great worker that every now and then does something I really enjoy but has been kept at a top level and placed over other talent for no reason other than she's the one the company likes regardless of how stale or boring she is.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

How long have you been watching WWE? The last time she was champion was in October and she's held a title ten times since coming to the main roster 2015, literally the most title reigns any woman in WWE has ever had. She is constantly featured as the biggest star on the women's roster, often to the detriment of others - remember, when Becky caught fire in 2018 it was Charlotte who was planned to be the mega face instead of Becky and WWE desperately tried to flip it back how they wanted it to go for a while.

Charlotte is the definition of overpushed. I don't think she's as bad in the ring as people like to say (then again, I haven't seen any of her matches since WM34 apart from a pretty fun house show one in Finland) but overpushed is exactly what she is.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Eat My Fuc posted:

Charlotte is a top 5 women's wrestler in the world Dave is being fair. Just because there is outrageously trumped up hate for her here doesn't make all of you right.

Hi Eat My Fuc, what's your favourite Sareee match? Where in your rankings are Arisa Nakajima & Mayu Iwatani? Tsukasa Fujimoto? Meiko Satomura?

Making bold proclamations about best wrestler in the world when you know nothing about Joshi makes as much sense as talking about the best soccer player in the world when all you watch is the MLS.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

quit it or i'll knock you out

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Charlotte is a good wrestler who's a victim of WWE booking. It's flat out impossible for then to get their to heel or babyface over because it feels so manufactured.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I'd probably like her more if she wasn't a 100% WWE produced sports entertainer. But Ric Flair has managed to piss off nearly ever wrestling company on the planet so here we are.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Charlotte wouldn't be nearly as bad if she didn't start buying into her own hype/booking.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
From what I saw of her, I had Charlotte in a single four star match last year - the Smackdown triple threat against Becky and Carmella. I only went out of my way to watch three of them, though, and unless the Trish match was a classic, nothing she did elsewhere in the year has sounded likely to blow me away.

I don’t watch enough joshi to speak too much about that, but I was generally more impressed by Becky, Emi Sakura, Riho, Hikaru Shida, Sareee, Chihiro Hashimoto, Asuka (the indies one), Shanna, Kris Statlander, Tam Nakano, Arisa Nakajima, Tessa Blanchard, Nanae Takahashi, Lady Shani, La Hiedra, Bea Priestley, Yuka Sakazaki, Io Shirai, Hiroyo Matsumoto, and Shayna Baszler.

I wouldn’t necessarily say Charlotte is worse than all of those workers, but she impressed me less than all of them.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Imagine using "her booking is 50/50" as evidence of anything, like that doesn't apply to every single non-Brock performer in the company like drat.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
charlotte usually isn't even top 5 in the hour she's in, lol

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

extradite THIS! posted:

How long have you been watching WWE? The last time she was champion was in October and she's held a title ten times since coming to the main roster 2015, literally the most title reigns any woman in WWE has ever had. She is constantly featured as the biggest star on the women's roster, often to the detriment of others - remember, when Becky caught fire in 2018 it was Charlotte who was planned to be the mega face instead of Becky and WWE desperately tried to flip it back how they wanted it to go for a while.

Charlotte is the definition of overpushed. I don't think she's as bad in the ring as people like to say (then again, I haven't seen any of her matches since WM34 apart from a pretty fun house show one in Finland) but overpushed is exactly what she is.

The Becky heel turn lasted literally one week. I've been watching WWE since 1994, don't try to play gatekeeper here. Charlotte deserves more spotlight than she has, she should be the top heel in the company but she's stuck in the midcard most of the time. She's even going to have to contend for a developmental belt at Wrestlemania while Becky is dealing with Shayna, when it should be top babyface vs top heel. She's hated here because ya'll have made her out to be a Trump supporter in your minds without any evidence other than how she looks.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

The Becky heel turn lasted literally one week. I've been watching WWE since 1994, don't try to play gatekeeper here. Charlotte deserves more spotlight than she has, she should be the top heel in the company but she's stuck in the midcard most of the time. She's even going to have to contend for a developmental belt at Wrestlemania while Becky is dealing with Shayna, when it should be top babyface vs top heel. She's hated here because ya'll have made her out to be a Trump supporter in your minds without any evidence other than how she looks.

Imagine being this much of a simp

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Eat My Fuc posted:

Charlotte deserves more spotlight than she has, she should be the top heel in the company but she's stuck in the midcard most of the time.

Eat M...

quote:

She's hated here because ya'll have made her out to be a Trump supporter in your minds without any evidence other than how she looks.

what the gently caress?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I know it's a running joke of sorts but really, why can't he just use a cough button?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eat My Fuc posted:

:laffo:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Incessant Excess posted:

I know it's a running joke of sorts but really, why can't he just use a cough button?

nothing can stop the san jose steamroller

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

I'm not often speechless

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

J-Ru is way too nice to you.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

Just because you like someone and other people don't, even if the amount of people who don't like the person in question outnumber you, doesn't mean you have to get this you vs them mentality.

You like her and you have your reasons. Others dislike her and have their reasons. But might I suggest avoiding attacking the forum as if it were your enemy? It would do your mind good and could bring down your stress levels :)

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

Wow gotta love trying to play the "reverse racism" card. gently caress off forever, please.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
"I've been watching WWE 1994..."

please take good care of yourself Eat My Fuc

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Eat My Fuc posted:

Charlotte deserves more spotlight than she has, she should be the top heel in the company but she's stuck in the midcard most of the time.

Why do you think that's the case? Her matches are okay but her promos, arguably more important than the in-ring in WWE, are not a standout in any measure.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Eat my fuc

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

JOMO SAPIENS

[back of shirt]
We're Gonna Eat Your Fuc

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Incessant Excess posted:

Why do you think that's the case? Her matches are okay but her promos, arguably more important than the in-ring in WWE, are not a standout in any measure.

She isn't given enough opportunity to do promos. Her post rumble win one was awesome, but most of the time she's not getting much screen time at all. Before the feud with the Kabuki warriors (in which she once again played second fiddle to Becky) her last memorable feud was against Trish, which got almost no promo time from either one of them, and Charlotte carried Trish to a great match.

The main event of mania should be Becky Vs. Charlotte, but Becky will have a higher profile feud and Charlotte will be fighting over an NXT title which I hope she will lose because it makes no sense to have Charlotte on a show with sub 1 million viewers that will likely be cancelled back to the network before the years over.

I don't think Charlotte should ever not be a heel, her dad was never a good babyface either, but she's being wasted by WWE right now. I wish she would end up in AEW because Cody would know how to book her, and their women's division is a mess. They also are sitting on women who should be top of the division like big swole or shida, so they could potentially waste a talent like Charlotte too.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

oh but seriously I posted:

RIP to a real one, hoss lasses never die :911:
Did I miss a recent story because a cursory google search suggests she is alive and managing a Home Depot and replying to fans on Facebook as of about two weeks ago?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

would i be probated if i replied to every eat my fuc post about charlotte with the moonsault gif

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Alaois posted:

would i be probated if i replied to every eat my fuc post about charlotte with the moonsault gif

Send me the gif, I have nothing to lose

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Alaois posted:

I think we all know this is a risk we're willing for you to take.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Eat My Fuc posted:

She isn't given enough opportunity to do promos. Her post rumble win one was awesome

Charlotte isn't one of the people who can make WWE material work (Bryan, Joe) and her delivery really just does not stand out to me in any way, including the one at the Rumble.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Alaois posted:

They can't probate all of us!

(that's not true, they can, extremely easily)

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Imagine if eat my fuc's posts end up being the catalyst for the Rowdy Revolution.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Eat My Fuc posted:

She isn't given enough opportunity to do promos. Her post rumble win one was awesome, but most of the time she's not getting much screen time at all. Before the feud with the Kabuki warriors (in which she once again played second fiddle to Becky) her last memorable feud was against Trish, which got almost no promo time from either one of them, and Charlotte carried Trish to a great match.

The main event of mania should be Becky Vs. Charlotte, but Becky will have a higher profile feud and Charlotte will be fighting over an NXT title which I hope she will lose because it makes no sense to have Charlotte on a show with sub 1 million viewers that will likely be cancelled back to the network before the years over.

I don't think Charlotte should ever not be a heel, her dad was never a good babyface either, but she's being wasted by WWE right now. I wish she would end up in AEW because Cody would know how to book her, and their women's division is a mess. They also are sitting on women who should be top of the division like big swole or shida, so they could potentially waste a talent like Charlotte too.

Since you cowardly ignored my last post, let me ask this instead. Who are the top 5 women's wrestlers in the world according to you? Not necessarily in any order, just Eat My Fuc's top 5 women wrestlers active today.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

MJeff posted:

They can't probate all of us!

(that's not true, they can, extremely easily)

*Jerusalem quietly ponders the peace and quiet he'd have if he just gave us all sixers*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
it's baffling to me that WWE tells everyone Charlotte is the best and people sincerely believe it