Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Saw this elsewhere. With Trumps counsel shouting about how there are no crimes, I feel like this would be a crime in a criminal trial.

https://www.salon.com/2020/01/29/trumps-legal-team-gave-thousands-in-contributions-to-republican-senators-ahead-of-impeachment-trial/

Not a crime. Without more, making contributions to political candidates is not bribery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

When can we start doing poverty tourism in the UK?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Casimir Radon posted:

When can we start doing poverty tourism in the UK?

Please donate to fund my church group's trip to build a well in Nottingham.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

A local NY reporter is live tweeting the Michael Avenetti Nike extortion opening statements.

https://twitter.com/innercitypress/status/1222600330308964353?s=20

:basta:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I'm sorry, Cross-Atlantic stupidity is on snooze for 24 hours.

It's all about British stupidity for now

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

The Army now has an official Warhammer 40K team.
https://www.army.mil/article/232137/20th_cbrne_soldier_helps_pave_the_way_in_armys_first_tabletop_wargame_team

Consider myself surprised they did not have some kind of official table top gaming team before they started doing e-sports poo poo.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'm sorry, Cross-Atlantic stupidity is on snooze for 24 hours.

It's all about British stupidity for now

INCORRECT, OUR STUPID NEVER SLEEPS

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1222600255369359362?s=19

https://twitter.com/Atrios/status/1222613193836716032?s=19

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

These guys realize they’re not making anything resembling logical legal arguments, right?

It sounds like they’re having fun with it

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
How come no one is bringing up the fact that Dershowitz was best buddies with Jeffrey Epstein, and was accused of rape by several women who were underage at the time?

How is this piece of poo poo garbage person getting away with that? Every news article and broadcast needs to say "Alleged child rapist Alan Dershowitz is representing Trump in the impeachment trial, because of loving course he is."

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

So he could have just killed Biden instead of this Ukraine mess.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Fallom posted:

These guys realize they’re not making anything resembling logical legal arguments, right?

It sounds like they’re having fun with it

because this isnt actually a legal proceeding and the entire idea of oversight in our government relies on the honor system and is effectively toothless.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

rip the good friday agreement

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Handsome Ralph posted:

https://www.army.mil/article/232137/20th_cbrne_soldier_helps_pave_the_way_in_armys_first_tabletop_wargame_team

Consider myself surprised they did not have some kind of official table top gaming team before they started doing e-sports poo poo.

Well it's not like a CBRN officer has anything better to do.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Bored As gently caress posted:

How come no one is bringing up the fact that Dershowitz was best buddies with Jeffrey Epstein, and was accused of rape by several women who were underage at the time?

How is this piece of poo poo garbage person getting away with that? Every news article and broadcast needs to say "Alleged child rapist Alan Dershowitz is representing Trump in the impeachment trial, because of loving course he is."

Because people on :airquote:both sides:airquote: in congress would also be implicated in that accusation, to say nothing of donors, the owners and higher-ups of news outlets, etc.

Of course, they couldn't even get that right, since the shot they decided to take will also sink Biden.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Stultus Maximus posted:

Well it's not like a CBRN officer has anything better to do.

Lord Nurgle is pleased.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

https://twitter.com/JeremyDixonDJ/status/1216074722036912128?s=19

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Dershowitz is going to be very unpopular at the Vineyard after this. I look forward to his article in the New Yorker about how unfair it it.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Gahd drat :lmao:

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

:captainpop:

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

How so?

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

good dogge.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

That’s a thug life dog.

A bad dog.

Bad to the bone.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

One of the major points of the good friday agreement was the removal of a hard border between the UK and the Republic Of Ireland along the Ulster border.

I went through a border crossing while traveling through South Armagh to Dublin back in 1993 and the border checkpoint was an order of magnitude better constructed and fortified than anything I've seen anywhere else.

Smiling Jack fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jan 29, 2020

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Smiling Jack posted:

One of the major points of the good friday agreement was the removal of a hard border between the UK and the Republic Of Ireland along the Ulster border.

I went through a border crossing while traveling through South Armagh to Dublin back in 1993 and the border checkpoint was an order of magnitude better constructed and fortified than anything I've seen anywhere else.

I thought that aspect of the agreement was more about demilitarizing the border.

e: like the difference between the US/Canada border before 9/11 and the South Armagh to Dublin border in 1993 - both are borders, but one is a lot 'harder'

joat mon fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jan 29, 2020

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

CommieGIR posted:

Lord Nurgle is pleased.

Help! My other internet apps/tabs are leaking!

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/tndp/status/1222307752250421250

how the heck do you self own this hard

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It's Tennessee, and the only people they can own are themselves.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Brute Squad posted:

good dogge agreement.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
gently caress yeah, lowest bidder wallbuilding

https://twitter.com/russellbrandom/status/1222655022040862720?s=19

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Johnson's Brexit puts N Ireland in a weird state, where there is no hard border between N Ireland and the Republic of Ireland, but there will be some (lots? Total? Who needs details, it's brexit baby) checks on goods going from N Ireland to the rest of the UK. This means that politically it's still the UK, but economically and maybe down the road, culturally more integrated with the RoI than the rest of the UK.

For the Republicans/nationalists (the mostly Catholic side) that's fine. But if you're an Ulster Unionist, your whole politics are about not becoming part of the RoI and staying in the UK. That will became a lot less so for most points of fact about what it means to live in a country - they'll face a harder border with their own country than they will the RoI.

Consequently, the Ulster Unionists are very unhappy. They lost their political leverage with the last election, which is why this deal is happening. Their key remaining leverage is implicit threats of violence (this should be familiar to watchers of conservative politics on this side of the Atlantic). Thus, saying the GFA is violated by this brexit agreement.*

*Is it actually a violation? I have no idea. But thinking it's a violation is very party line

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Smiling Jack posted:

my old PL went to the Belfast Police Station (maybe?idk near the border) to trade patches because hes a big dumb stupid piece of poo poo

he talked about how crazy secure they were and that they didnt want to trade patches with a dumb idiot irish looking cop american

bitch would say tango yankee instead of thank you

nonstop

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Handsome Ralph posted:

Very annoyed they didn't post what armies they were playing I looked it up and it looks like Khorne, Chaos, 2 Eldar, and Red Scorpions.

Brute Squad posted:

A local NY reporter is live tweeting the Michael Avenetti Nike extortion opening statements.

https://twitter.com/innercitypress/status/1222600330308964353?s=20

:basta:

loving :lol: remember six months ago when people wanted him to be the Dem nominee?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Well, how many million down the toilet there?

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

not caring here posted:

Lol, wrong -illion there bub.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

not caring here posted:

Well everything is a training opportunity if you think about it, and in that context this isn't even a particularly expensive training operation, relative to some of the wargames we participate in with our allies. I'm sorry what was the question again?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Because the news executives are also alleged child rapists and total coincidence, the attorney general's dad hired Epstein to teach at a private high school

quote:

the shot they decided to take will also sink Biden

feature not bug

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

The media is dogshit hth

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Almost guessed the song!

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I'd put this in the dog thread, but I'd rather keep that clean of this sort of thing!

https://twitter.com/IvePetThatDog/status/1222659013529214976?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

bitch would say tango yankee instead of thank you

This gave me flashbacks of one of my especially moronic ncos yelling "SAY AGAIN OVER!" into a drive-thru intercom