Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Awww :3

Got to put some watercolor down on my robots!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry

Shinmera posted:

Completed another animation.

Shin I'm so goddamn sorry for this but it is all I see:

You need to reconsider the colour of that hem.

Pileon!

The Halogens
Sep 2, 2011

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Holy poo poo, there's just no need to flagellate yourself until there's no blood left. There's no art god worth penance like this. Sometimes things don't work out, it's ok to walk away.

Every day brings a new, important lesson!:v:

One attempt for pilepig. Now I can blend gradients.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Sharpest Crayon posted:

It's not just you with that, she looks like she's got a hell of a belly going on.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Sharpest Crayon posted:

lofi posted:

It's not just you with that, she looks like she's got a hell of a belly going on.

Y'all need to recalibrate your monitor's colours :colbert:

Not sure what to change the colour to, though. Black seems kind of bland, and other colours are too similar to skin, or seem to clash with the rest too much.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

now you all talked about her belly, I cannot see anything but a 7 mo pregnant lady, swordfighting her way through dozens of enemies to kill Bi... Frank.

repost to show I know how to use a scanner:

Oh, and todays prompt, passionfruit.

Keetron fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jan 28, 2020

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
I mean, I'd be so super stoked for the Adventures of Detective Ladygut. Add a knee-patch or a tear to the jeans and make her idle animation her downing a beer and crushing the can against her forehead. Rough and hard-boiled, Ladygut smokes cigars and punches faces. She climbs walls by exposing her shins and using her legstubble as grip, Ladygut! Dun dundun dun dun, Ladygut!

Keetron posted:

I see ze fruut, but were is zeee passion??!!
Passionfruit look goddamn disgusting, I can't blame ya.

et walla, Passeon:

Sharpest Crayon fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jan 29, 2020

The Halogens
Sep 2, 2011

Passionfruit looks like it tastes like Bawls with the texture of lumpy phlegm. I'm sure it tastes fine, though.

A Berg for the morrow:

I kind of liked the gut and wish there were a cute little adventure game starring a pixellated tubbalo with a beer gut. Kirby doesn't count, he is a gut.

The Halogens fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jan 29, 2020

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Since passionfruit are so gross I drew the flower instead.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
I watched Friday the 13th Part 2 tonight.

Paper is 7” x 10”, mixed media but mainly watercolors

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Super cute pile'o'swine!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Got a little bit further along last night.

Tayacan
Dec 8, 2012

Fucking nerd
Hi there! I haven't been posting here for quite a while... Had a couple of months with no energy for drawing at all, but I am back at it now!

To get back into the groove, I've been drawing one of my favorite things in this world:

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Keetron posted:

Best fruit! :)

e: Really like the foxes! But I'm hungry, and foxes aren't as edible. I love the textures you're getting with the watercolours!

Tayacan posted:

I've been drawing one of my favorite things in this world:

Was that drawn from life? That's an impressively patient cat if it was!

lofi fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jan 29, 2020

Tayacan
Dec 8, 2012

Fucking nerd

lofi posted:

Was that drawn from life? That's an impressively patient cat if it was!

No, it was from a photo!

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

@lofi (about the textures) me too! I am so pleased with these paints, I wish them upon everyone!

Today: Bergmite, it is super tiny in my sketchbook and he worked out well

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

The Halogens
Sep 2, 2011

Keetron posted:

@lofi (about the textures) me too! I am so pleased with these paints, I wish them upon everyone!

You have been hitting it out of the park with your watercolors lately. This li'l guy is adorable.

This reminds me of my chubby fart of a corgi. You definitely captured the "haha this is the world and I am alive in it" attitude that corgs get.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Piloswine. Graphitint with a bit of inktense pencil for the yellow.

BTW, I love the Pile-o-swine picture :)

And I bought myself a pad of that Khadi stuff that Keetron uses, but got an uncovered one instead, so painted my own cover for it. Inktense pans.

Considering glueing up the sides to turn it into a block rather than a book.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Keetron posted:

Protip Time!

When you're photographing paper, it helps a lot to increase the exposure setting on your phone/camera by +1 to +2 stops.

That's because the camera is tuned to balance the light it takes in: when it sees all-white, it thinks its looking at REALLY bright day (because everything's so white!) so it dulls everything down, and that's why photos look super dingy.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
Got so close to tapping out, but Bergeon still happened:

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Ooh, pretty, nice highlights!

The Halogens
Sep 2, 2011

Drew my dog because I felt like practicing using photo references. Need to get on board with drawing backgrounds.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Some more daily studies. I am convinced they're gonna be a disaster every time I start and for about 20 minutes into them, but after doing 12 so far honestly only one has turned out to be abject poo poo that I wouldn't post.

Scoss fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jan 30, 2020

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Scoss posted:

Some more daily studies. I am convinced they're gonna be a disaster every time I start and for about 20 minutes into them, but after doing 12 so far honestly only one has turned out to be abject poo poo that I wouldn't post.

I really like this one.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Sorry for so much crossposting but I thought you guys might want to see this too.

Continuing to struggle with the laser burner. Getting some better results but midtones are a bitch.
So frustrated with raster based images I am about to split out the tones into separate images like one would for screen printing. *ugh*
Had to ink back over this one to make it work a little better.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Have you thought about trying different wood? It looks like you're using plywood there, and that has a ton of glue in (I think), that might be part of the problem.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Wasn't it MDF that had all the glue?

Here are my grapes, scanned and I really don't like how the scanner shows ALL.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
Plywood with a veneer wouldn't have a glue problem until you burn through the veneer. But then there's the question of the quality of the veneer...

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Hahaha yes I love this. Doggie wanna go for a spacewalk?!? Huh!?! HUH!?!

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Laika best dog.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

The Halogens posted:

You have been hitting it out of the park with your watercolors lately. This li'l guy is adorable.
Thank you, your comment and the other compliments from the last few days got me thinking.

I read something over the Christmas holidays that resonated a lot with me. It was about a science experiment where two groups of people were offered pottery classes. One group was told they would be judged on the amount of jugs they would make, the other group was told that the quality of the pots was the most important. As a result, you can imagine, the first group made many more pots than the second. What was less expected, was that the best pots by far were made by the first group as well! Basically, failure is repetition is the most important thing to become good at something. This month, I really grew as a watercolor painter because of the everyday effort, not making a good thing but making a thing. My goal for next month is to keep growing, so I will make sure to paint every day and if I only grow half as much as I did this month, I am happy.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
Grapeon 2 (I also called the grapefruit one grapeon)

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Keetron posted:

Thank you, your comment and the other compliments from the last few days got me thinking.

I read something over the Christmas holidays that resonated a lot with me. It was about a science experiment where two groups of people were offered pottery classes. One group was told they would be judged on the amount of jugs they would make, the other group was told that the quality of the pots was the most important. As a result, you can imagine, the first group made many more pots than the second. What was less expected, was that the best pots by far were made by the first group as well! Basically, failure is repetition is the most important thing to become good at something. This month, I really grew as a watercolor painter because of the everyday effort, not making a good thing but making a thing. My goal for next month is to keep growing, so I will make sure to paint every day and if I only grow half as much as I did this month, I am happy.

Sounds wise. I'll try and do something similar. I've got some size 10 brushes to try out now so no excuses. :)

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Another mixed media watercolor painting on paper

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Franchescanado posted:

Another mixed media watercolor painting on paper

This is very expressive!

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Keetron posted:

Super cute pile'o'swine!

Angrymog posted:

BTW, I love the Pile-o-swine picture :)

Thank you!

Two very rushed drawings to finish out the month.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Brawnfire posted:

This is very expressive!

Thank you! That’s awesome to hear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Halogens
Sep 2, 2011

Keetron posted:

That's been my experience as well. Making art is a lot like exercise. You can go to the gym and see absolutely jacked people tossing around weight you have no hope of lifting, but if you put in the reps every visit you'll find your limits steadily being pushed. The latter half of this month for you has yielded some great pieces. I remember excitedly showing my wife your lime post.